Author Topic: Episodes that could've been solo runs  (Read 324 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Episodes that could've been solo runs
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
"The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" definitely could've been a solo run. The Ledges temple guard was avoidable altogether in this run. And assuming if the team was suppose to travel down the central shaft from Medusa's Lair, then the King's Storeroom temple guard would be avoidable on account that Medusa's Lair opened from the Observatory.

"The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" in theory could've been a potential solo run. The temple guards were encountered in the Tomb of the Headless Kings and Room of the Ancient Warriors. In this temple run, the door from the Pit to the King's Storeroom should've been open and allowed entry from there. So Jessica could've avoided the Headless Kings guard on account that the King's Storeroom door should've been open. For whatever reason though, the door from the Pit to the Storeroom was closed.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:31 AM »
Sacred Ring wouldn't have been a solo win. Guard locations: Ledges, Observatory, and Medusa's Lair. There wasn't a guard in the King's Storeroom Mr. Fogg-up God. ;)

Although I will agree with Lost Hornpipe being a possibility if not the Storeroom door never opening.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
"The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman" definitely could've been a solo run. The Ledges temple guard was avoidable altogether in this run. And assuming if the team was suppose to travel down the central shaft from Medusa's Lair, then the King's Storeroom temple guard would be avoidable on account that Medusa's Lair opened from the Observatory.

The guards were in the dead-end Ledges (avoidable), the Observatory (not avoidable, since the Troubled Bridge was forced to be part of the path and the Bridge only led there), and Medusa's Lair (not the King's Storeroom). If the team truly was meant to go down the central shaft, then they would have been forced to encounter both the Observatory and Medusa's Lair guards.

"The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" in theory could've been a potential solo run. The temple guards were encountered in the Tomb of the Headless Kings and Room of the Ancient Warriors. In this temple run, the door from the Pit to the King's Storeroom should've been open and allowed entry from there. So Jessica could've avoided the Headless Kings guard on account that the King's Storeroom door should've been open. For whatever reason though, the door from the Pit to the Storeroom was closed.

If the door to the King's Storeroom had not stuck shut and Jessica went for that door, then it could have been a solo win, with the only guard encountered being the one in the Ancient Warriors. However, if Jessica took the path she did, and Jarrid went straight for the King's Storeroom (like he tried to do in his portion of the run), then Jessica still would have encountered two guards.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
Sorry, I am not sure why I thought "Sultan Suleiman" would've been a solo run. I guess my memory of that run is foggy for a reason.  :oops:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
I think we pretty much covered every run that could possibly be a solo run.  ;)

But I just want to throw "The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal" out there also. The team encountered guards in the Treasure Room and Holes of Python in this run. Its possible that the last temple guard could've been in the Gargoyle Room and the team would've avoided it altogether. But it is also possible that the last temple guard was beyond the Holes of Python also. Just throwing that possibility out there.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 01:18:46 PM »
I think we pretty much covered every run that could possibly be a solo run.  ;)

But I just want to throw "The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal" out there also. The team encountered guards in the Treasure Room and Holes of Python in this run. Its possible that the last temple guard could've been in the Gargoyle Room and the team would've avoided it altogether. But it is also possible that the last temple guard was beyond the Holes of Python also. Just throwing that possibility out there.

It is actually quite probable that the last guard was in the Gargoyle Room. Most Season One episodes featured a guard in one of the entrance rooms. It was very uncommon for there to be multiple guards in the deeper interior of the temple; usually there were at least two stationed toward the front of the temple. In addition, when Vicky was in the Observatory, the door leading back to the Troubled Bridge opened, so it is possible that had the team started in the Gargoyle Room, it would have sent her to the Observatory and then down the central shaft. So with regards to that, it seems likely that this could have been a solo win, since the team avoided the Gargoyle Room and had the team avoided entering the Treasure Room. What would really end the uncertainty about this run is where the half pendant was located.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »
I am going to make a list and put it in the first post based on the input in this topic. ;)

And another possible one would be "The Lion-Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea". The temple guards encountered in this run were in the Tomb of the Headless Kings and King's Storeroom. The Green Monkeys could've avoided the temple guard in the Headless Kings by going straight to the King's Storeroom for the Pit. If the last temple guard was in the Ledges, then this had a possibility for a solo run. Its also possible that the last temple guard was in the Quicksand Bog and made a layout similar to "Imperial Wizard" and "Lost Taj Mahal Turban".

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
The only door that opened from the Pit of the Pendulum in the "Lion-Slashed Jacket" run was to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. The red cover was still shut AND the step in the staircase was still up. Additionally, the door from the Chamber of the Sacred Markers to the Room of the Ancient Warriors was locked. Therefore, the guards in both the Tomb of the Headless Kings and the King's Storeroom were unavoidable.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
I don't know my temple runs too well.  :lol: Oh well, I am in the process of making the list now ;)

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl could've been a solo run if Jim took the Ledges instead of the Crypt.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »
The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl could've been a solo run if Jim took the Ledges instead of the Crypt.

I believe we already discussed this run in this topic. The Ledges were most likely a dead end that only would have led up to the Crypt. The door leading to the bottom crawl tube would not have opened in the Ledges because the production team never forced a team to head from the bottom of the Pit to the top of the cliff, and since the door to the Laser Light Room was locked, they would not have had access straight across the bottom (such as was the case for "Milk Bucket of Freydis"). The upper crawl tube was never used in any of the episodes that featured the cliff in the Pit, and I doubt this run would have been an exception.

The Mandarin Hand Room probably opened the doors to both the Observatory and the King's Storeroom, and the Observatory most likely would have opened to the Mandarin Hand Room and King's Storeroom, creating a loop that was featured in so many Season One and Two episodes. If Kristen decided to complete the Mandarin Hand Room and then went straight into the King's Storeroom, the final guard in the Observatory would have been avoided. The same holds true if Jim had originally gone into the Observatory and then Kristen followed him into the Observatory and then the King's Storeroom. Either way, two guards would have been encountered: either the one in the Crypt and Mandarin Hand Room, or the Crypt and Observatory. There was no way to only encounter one guard.