Author Topic: Artifacts Located in the "Center of the Rooms"  (Read 1292 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts Located in the "Center of the Rooms"
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:16 AM »
I agree that the door to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers probably would have opened for the "Pytheas" run. The layouts for all three were the same, as TRJ said. What I find surprising is that the "Pytheas" team's run seemed so much more lethargic and less exhilarating than "Mussel Shell" or "Battle Flag," yet they had nearly the same amount of success as "Battle Flag". Am I the only one who feels this way?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 12:46:30 PM »
The main reason why "Pytheas" is not as exciting to watch as those other two is because Brittany and Damien were so slow. Its kind of hard to enjoy a temple run when the players were so sluggish. They weren't clueless or idiots at all, but they were just so slow. Especially when it came to Damien. He had a path cleared all the way to the Shrine and he basically walks all the way there. It makes me wonder how they finished one room away at their speed. I guess it mostly had to due with them having a clue on what they were doing. So they weren't wasting time completing room objectives due to being lost or anything.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 12:56:57 PM »
The main reason why "Pytheas" is not as exciting to watch as those other two is because Brittany and Damien were so slow. Its kind of hard to enjoy a temple run when the players were so sluggish. They weren't clueless or idiots at all, but they were just so slow. Especially when it came to Damien. He had a path cleared all the way to the Shrine and he basically walks all the way there. It makes me wonder how they finished one room away at their speed. I guess it mostly had to due with them having a clue on what they were doing. So they weren't wasting time completing room objectives due to being lost or anything.

That's what I was thinking... Brittany and Damien were not incompetent or clueless by any means, but they were certainly not speedy contestants. That made the run very unexciting, but they still came out only one room shy of the artifact in a layout that was quite challenging. That is quite impressive, considering how much more time consuming the Season Three rooms were and how lengthy and difficult the layouts were. Still, I feel that there were many other episodes where the teams were much faster and more efficient in clearing rooms but ended with a less successful outcome. Even so, I feel that these episodes were more enjoyable and enticing to watch.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
I noticed something about the Pytheas run. If I recall correctly, all season 3 artifacts that were in the Chamber.....other than Lost Whale Bone, were hanging from the wall. The Whale Bone was sitting on a large rock in front of the room. Does this change anyone's thoughts on the Chamber opening from the Ancient Warriors?

With runs like Mussel-Shell Armor, Battle Flag, and Hans Holbein, there's no way those teams would've been allowed to enter from the Storeroom because those artifacts were hanging on the door. With a run like Whale Bone and even Golden Spider Web (also in front of the room), those teams definitely could've entered the Chamber from above and below. I just wonder if the Whale Bone run would have been identical to The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan from season 2.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »
I noticed something about the Pytheas run. If I recall correctly, all season 3 artifacts that were in the Chamber.....other than Lost Whale Bone, were hanging from the wall. The Whale Bone was sitting on a large rock in front of the room. Does this change anyone's thoughts on the Chamber opening from the Ancient Warriors?

With runs like Mussel-Shell Armor, Battle Flag, and Hans Holbein, there's no way those teams would've been allowed to enter from the Storeroom because those artifacts were hanging on the door. With a run like Whale Bone and even Golden Spider Web (also in front of the room), those teams definitely could've entered the Chamber from above and below. I just wonder if the Whale Bone run would have been identical to The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan from season 2.

Nice observation. That is definitely something to consider. It's possible that the doorway from the King's Storeroom to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers could have opened, but I'm not sure if this team would have been required to go through the extra room. As far as I can tell, none of the teams that went from the bottom floor to the top floor (except maybe "Henry Morgan") were required to go through the Observatory, so I'm not sure that this team would have been an exception. By the way, was it definitively determined that the door straight from the King's Storeroom to the Mandarin Hand opened in "Henry Morgan"?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:12 AM »
Yeah, it was unusual that the Lost Whalebone was sitting on top of a rock. But my guess on why it was like this is because there is no other area to put it in the room like the other artifacts were hidden. "The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror" and "The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak" were light enough to hang from the top of the door frame from the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. Meanwhile, the Lost Whalebone was bulky and more heavy than the above too. Not to mention, "The Marble Armrest of Xerxes" sat also on top of a rock, probably for the same reasons as the Lost Whalebone. So I am not sure if the artifact sitting on a rock automatically meant that the team should have to go to the King's Storeroom before entering the Chamber. But then again, the producers in season three made some really twisted layout. But it just seems more like a useless detour to me. ;)

And speaking of "Henry Morgan", the Storeroom-Mandarin Hand door definitely opened for Shem. You can see it after he completes the King's Storeroom objective. The Observatory opening was just basically a useless detour. Not that it mattered if he didn't enter the Room of the Mandarin Hand directly, they probably wouldn't have won either way. But it still made an exciting ending.  :mrsilver:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »
Here is an image of the door in "Henry Morgan". Its hard to see from the picture, but you can see an opening between the small door leading to the center of the temple. You might have to watch the run again to get a better shot. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 02:55:42 AM »

That's what I was thinking... Brittany and Damien were not incompetent or clueless by any means, but they were certainly not speedy contestants. That made the run very unexciting, but they still came out only one room shy of the artifact in a layout that was quite challenging. That is quite impressive, considering how much more time consuming the Season Three rooms were and how lengthy and difficult the layouts were. Still, I feel that there were many other episodes where the teams were much faster and more efficient in clearing rooms but ended with a less successful outcome. Even so, I feel that these episodes were more enjoyable and enticing to watch.

I missed this post, so I am responding to it while I am at it. ;)

Yeah, it makes you wonder how Brittany and Damien finished one room away from the artifact. They were both slow and it took Brittany eight seconds to get to the Crypt alone. But the reason they made good time despite their slow speed was because they both knew what they were doing. Damien even had one of the fastest monkey assemblies on the show, although Brittany already had the monkey base on for him. ;)

And I agree, the temple runs with fast contestants were generally more exciting. There is a reason why I enjoy runs like Sir Edmund Hillary, Kamehameha, Dragon Lady, Henry Morgan, Polynesian Girl, Ivan the Terrible, Empress Eugenie, and Queen Boadicea even though they are losses - because the teams in those runs were competent and fast for the most part. So I can actually go back and watch them again and not force myself to sit through them.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
I think Shem would have won if he had gone directly into the Room of the Mandarin Hand. I mean, all he had to do was grab the artifact with 15 seconds remaining, swing across a Pit, and then run out. Shane from "Tall Turban" only needed 15 seconds or so to escape, and Gator didn't take that long escaping either. So I think Shem would have won if he hadn't gone up to the Observatory.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
I think Shem would have won if he had gone directly into the Room of the Mandarin Hand. I mean, all he had to do was grab the artifact with 15 seconds remaining, swing across a Pit, and then run out. Shane from "Tall Turban" only needed 15 seconds or so to escape, and Gator didn't take that long escaping either. So I think Shem would have won if he hadn't gone up to the Observatory.

It took Shane 17 seconds to get back to the gate, but he had to run across the Troubled Bridge rather than cross the Pit, so that wouldn't be a direct comparison. Other episodes that featured the rope swing Pit had longer escape times from the central shaft.

Jason from "Levitating Dog Leash" entered the central shaft with 37 seconds left and got to the gate with 13 seconds left, which means it took him 24 seconds to traverse through those three rooms. The "Snakeskin Boots" team decided to jump down into the Pit and exit via the Ledges, and it took Tony 40 seconds to get from the central shaft to the gate. And Tarrah's exit in the "Milk Bucket" run via the Ledges took 33 seconds. Therefore, I'm not so sure that 15 seconds would have been enough time to guarantee a victory for the "Golden Earring" team.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 01:11:51 AM »
I don't know, Shem was fast and smart, so I think I could count on him more than anyone else to bring out the Golden Earring for the win. But yeah, its kind of tough to compare him to Shane and Gator when they both had easier escape routes on the upper floor. He would probably have to pull some kind of "Nostradamus" and escape from the top floor in order to have a chance to win. If he did win, then it would an "Emiliano Zapata" style win most likely.  :mrsilver:

And while it did take Tarrah 33 seconds to escape with the Milk Bucket, don't forgot that he also took a nasty hit in the Pit that cost her a lot of time. She would've had a much faster escape if it wasn't for that.  ;)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 08:29:36 AM »
And while it did take Tarrah 33 seconds to escape with the Milk Bucket, don't forgot that he also took a nasty hit in the Pit that cost her a lot of time. She would've had a much faster escape if it wasn't for that.  ;)

Tarrah may have taken a big fall into the pit, but she did recover quickly and keep going. In terms of exiting via the Crypt versus the Ledges, then yes, had she cleared the Pit and exited through the Crypt, then she would have gotten out more quickly. But I don't know if she spent an extra 18 seconds between the Pit and Ledges that she would have escaped in 15 seconds either.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »
I don't think this center room temple run has been mentioned yet: The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade. It's a forgettable run, but I really believe this run had the potential to be a win if everything had gone right.

Things that went wrong during the run:

-Monica entered the wrong entrance room, but I don't blame her for this. She didn't know the guard was down there in the Ledges.
-Monica took too long completing the rooms she was in, including the Ledges.
-Brad started in the Ledges. This was a BIG mistake.
-Brad took a little too long completing the King's Storeroom. He even sat a pot down onto the ground carefully, literally.
-Probably the most important mistake: he ignored the Dark Forest shortcut from the Shrine and took the slow elevator instead.

If not for these mistakes, then this run could've been a great win. This team also would've entered Medusa's Lair from below too, which would've made it more impressive. And if Brad had reached the Elephant, how would he have exited the temple? Remember, the Pit-Lair door was blocked because of the Rock Quarry rock slab, so he either had to take the Troubled Bridge or enter the Ledges. Which way would've been quicker/better?

Such an interesting run if you ask me.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »
IMO, going up to the Observatory and using the bridge would've been quicker.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
IMO, going up to the Observatory and using the bridge would've been quicker.

I think it would have been, but can you imagine climbing up the Medusa's Lair ladder with the Elephant in hand? Going down the ladder with that thing would be faster, but going across the bridge would be quicker than the tricky Ledges.