Author Topic: Quick Question about Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe  (Read 186 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Quick Question about Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe
« on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
Hi

I was watching the Temple Run of Enormous Iron Nose Ring and I noticed that during the run it was a different voice, not Kirk, Why is this? Did he lose his voice on this production day?

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question about Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
During season two, a lot of the temple runs were dubbed over. I am not sure what the reasoning is though behind. But temple runs like "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor", "The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba", and "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl" have this annoying voiceover.

Just listen to the "Ahmed Baba" temple run and how many times Kirk says Shane's name. :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
Something tells me that the production crew wasn't happy with Kirk's original commentary during the runs, so they had him do voice-overs that would only appear on TV. Either that or Kirk wasn't happy with his own commentary.

Another instance: The War Fan of the 47 Ronin as Elisa was about to enter the malfunctioned Headless Kings. You can tell that was a clear voice edit done by Kirk. I highly doubt someone else did the voice-overs. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »
The only thing PP319 is that it seems like half of those episodes in season two had a voiceover. Billy the Kid, Annie Taylor, Polynesian Girl, Benjamin Franklin, Enormous Iron Nose Ring, Two-Cornered Hat, and Milk Bucket all had that annoying voiceover. I am not sure the reasoning behind it.

A non temple run instance would be in the second temple game in "Sir Gawain" with the uncoordinated mace game.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:36:09 PM »
Something tells me that the production crew wasn't happy with Kirk's original commentary during the runs, so they had him do voice-overs that would only appear on TV. Either that or Kirk wasn't happy with his own commentary.

Another instance: The War Fan of the 47 Ronin as Elisa was about to enter the malfunctioned Headless Kings. You can tell that was a clear voice edit done by Kirk. I highly doubt someone else did the voice-overs. ;)

This one I can tolerate at least because at the time, the original commentary probably was just too disoriented due to the error during that time. I just don't like how they make it seem like it was Jeremy's fault though in the voice-over.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »
Yeah, I always figured the production crew or Kirk didn't like the original commentary, so they made him record over it. I've got to say, the voiceover for the "Enormous Nose Ring" run, had to be the absoute worst voice over ever. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
Yeah, I always figured the production crew or Kirk didn't like the original commentary, so they made him record over it. I've got to say, the voiceover for the "Enormous Nose Ring" run, had to be the absoute worst voice over ever. :roll:

Oh yeah, the voice in that one sounded like a 40 year old virgin living in their mother's basement. The voiceover kept pronouncing Joel's name as "Jewel". I think that is the one where "you have to get your head on straight" is said during the Shrine. :roll: