Poll

Best S3 Legends Contestant

Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)
2 (40%)
Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak)
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 27, 2012, 11:30:50 PM

Author Topic: Legends S3 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition  (Read 1191 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends S3 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
Close one so far! :o

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
Yeah, as of right now, it could be anyone who could win. :o

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
The poll has officially closed, and Gator ("Mussel Shell Armor") beat out Jessica ("Lost Hornpipe") in a close match-up, 3-2.

That makes the final list for the Top 25 "Best Contestants of Season Three":

1. Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak)
2. Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)
3. Travis (The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible)
4. Jarrid (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)
5. Zac Turney (The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen)
6. Jay (The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugénie)
7. Kristin (The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great)
8. Andrea (The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta)
9. Nate (The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea)
10. Leah (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd)
11. T.J. (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen)
12. Elisa (The Discarded Deal of Ivan the Terrible)
13. Randy (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen)
14. Matthew (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd)
15. Tiffani (The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain)
16. David (The Enormous Feather of the Mê Linh)
17. Mike (The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean)
18. Jeremy (The War Fan of the Forty-seven Ronin)
19. Kevin (The Ruby Earring of Ben Zibab)
20. Asher (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza)
21. Jonathan (The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror)
22. Yakerra (The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland)
23. Josh (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King)
24. Lacey (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza)
25. Katie (The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »
I admit that I went with Jessica from "Pirate Captain" on this one. She was great in the temple and handled the daunting central shaft like it was nothing. Her performance was pretty much flawless and I wish more girls on the show were like her. Best girl on the show IMO. Gator was awesome too and fast on top of that. I am not disappointed with him winning either. ;)

Here are my rankings:

1. Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak) (good, although would've been my runner-up)
2. Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain) (good, although would've been my choice for winner)
3. Travis (The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible) (good)
4. Jarrid (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain) (good)
5. Zac Turney (The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen) (one lower)
6. Jay (The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugénie) (one higher)
7. Kristin (The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great) (good)
8. Andrea (The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta) (good)
9. Nate (The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea) (good)
10. Leah (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd) (good)
11. T.J. (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen) (good)
12. Elisa (The Discarded Deal of Ivan the Terrible) (good)
13. Randy (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen) (good)
14. Matthew (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd) (good)
15. Tiffani (The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain) (good)
16. David (The Enormous Feather of the Mê Linh) (lower)
17. Mike (The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean) (good, maybe  little lower)
18. Jeremy (The War Fan of the Forty-seven Ronin) (lower)
19. Kevin (The Ruby Earring of Ben Zibab) (little lower)
20. Asher (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza) (good, maybe lower)
21. Jonathan (The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror)
22. Yakerra (The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland) (lower)
23. Josh (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King) (good)
24. Lacey (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza) (not even top 25 IMO)
25. Katie (The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard) (couple spots higher)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2012, 07:16:20 AM »
I voted for GATOR!!! He was very fast and Was one of only two people (Missy, Lucky Heart Shped Pillow of Annie Taylor) to grab an artifact from the Center Room and bring it out. Gator was even smart to take the Bog-Shrine Passage, if he went up the Pharoah's Secret Passage, the Mussel Shell Armor episode wouldn't be a win leaving us to find out what is the next greatest temple run victory.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:17:53 AM by thechamberofsacredmarkers »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
I, too, voted for Jessica. I felt that she had one of the cleanest, swiftest, and most flawless performances out of all of the contestants to make it to the temple. Her ability to clear six of the most difficult or time-consuming rooms in 1:30 shows how smart and fast she was. That being said, here are my opinions about the Top 25:

1. Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak)                         [Second runner up- He was fast, but only had to clear a few rooms.]
2. Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)                     [Move to first place- See explanation, above.]
3. Travis (The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible)                        [Runner up- He had a flawless performance, clearing eight rooms like it was nothing. I wish this team would have won.]
4. Jarrid (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)                       [One lower, to 5- He detoured to the Secret Password.]
5. Zac Turney (The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen)                    [One higher, to 4- He was fast and knew where he was going, making up for Miriam's mishap in the Jesters' Court.]
6. Jay (The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugénie)                       [Down two, to 8- A very good contestant, but this is too high of a ranking.]
7. Kristin (The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great)         [Down two, to 9- A very good contestant, but this is too high of a ranking.]
8. Andrea (The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta)               [Up one, to 7- Pretty fast, knew where she was going, scored a solo win.]
9. Nate (The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea)                             [Down one, to 10- Another good contestant.]
10. Leah (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd)                    [Move up to 6- Extremely fast at clearing over half of the temple.]
11. T.J. (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen)                         [Move down to 19- Cleared five rooms in an average amount of time.]
12. Elisa (The Discarded Deal of Ivan the Terrible)                        [Good at 12- A fast, smart contestant who was unfortunate with the guard delaying her.]
13. Randy (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen)                    [Move down to 18- Not the toughest layout and didn't have the best exit strategy.]
14. Matthew (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd)             [Down two, to 16- Fast contestant, but didn't have a long enough time in the temple.]
15. Tiffani (The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain)                   [Move up to 11- May not have been the fastest, but she did what she had to do to score a solo win. She was smart to take the shortcut to the Dark Forest and also got back to the platform in the Pit.]
16. David (The Enormous Feather of the Mê Linh)                        [Move down to 20- Same path and guards as T.J.; cleared five rooms in an average amount of time.]
17. Mike (The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean)                     [Up three, to 14- One of the fastest to assemble the Silver Monkey, and an all-around good contestant.]
18. Jeremy (The War Fan of the Forty-seven Ronin)                     [Up three, to 15- Same path as Mike, and was just about as good at clearing the rooms.]
19. Kevin (The Ruby Earring of Ben Zibab)                                    [Down two, to 21- Not a very lengthy or difficult path.]
20. Asher (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza)                                 [Down to 25- Only had to clear the King's Storeroom before running out from the temple.]
21. Jonathan (The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag)                      [Move up to 13- He cleared from the Tomb to the Ancient Warriors himself, and even with the delay in the Ancient Warriors, he still reached the Flag... very impressive, if you ask me.]
22. Yakerra (The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland)                            [Down one, to 23- A very simple layout.]
23. Josh (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King)                    [Move up to 17- A smart contestant, he found the dropped pendant and cleared a lot of rooms quickly.]
24. Lacey (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza)                                 [Good at 24- She cleared rooms at an average pace and cleared more rooms than her partner.]
25. Katie (The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard)             [Up to 22- A quick contestant; if only she had a little more time.]

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
I'm glad Gator won. I also voted for him. My rankings are as follows:

1. Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak) (good)
2. Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain) (good)
3. Travis (The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible) (one spot lower)
4. Jarrid (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain) (one spot higher)
5. Zac Turney (The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen) (one lower)
6. Jay (The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugénie) (one higher)
7. Kristin (The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great) (good)
8. Andrea (The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta) (good)
9. Nate (The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea) (good)
10. Leah (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd) (good)
11. T.J. (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen) (a little higher)
12. Elisa (The Discarded Deal of Ivan the Terrible) (good)
13. Randy (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen) (good)
14. Matthew (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd) (good)
15. Tiffani (The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain) (good)
16. David (The Enormous Feather of the Mê Linh) (good)
17. Mike (The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean) (good)
18. Jeremy (The War Fan of the Forty-seven Ronin) (not even top 25)
19. Kevin (The Ruby Earring of Ben Zibab) (lower)
20. Asher (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza) (a little lower)
21. Jonathan (The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror) (good)
22. Yakerra (The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland) (lower)
23. Josh (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King) (good)
24. Lacey (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza) (good)
25. Katie (The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard) (good)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
I voted for Gator too, but Jessica would've been a great winner too.

Jeremy wouldn't even be in your top 25 PPF? :|

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2012, 03:39:35 PM »
Heh, I like the way that PP4L laid out his preferences for the top 25 by giving each contestant a description. I would have done that if I had time, but good idea. ;)

Although I am surprised on how high some contestants are like Leah from "Belle Boyd" being number 6. I mean her temple performance was great, but she also created an extra objective enroute to the artifact. I am also kind of surprised to see T.J. rank that low too. But based on your rankings, it looks like you are basing them on temple performance and not taking into account a winning performance (which is good perspective to take).

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2012, 04:15:12 PM »
Heh, I like the way that PP4L laid out his preferences for the top 25 by giving each contestant a description. I would have done that if I had time, but good idea. ;)

Although I am surprised on how high some contestants are like Leah from "Belle Boyd" being number 6. I mean her temple performance was great, but she also created an extra objective en route to the artifact. I am also kind of surprised to see T.J. rank that low too. But based on your rankings, it looks like you are basing them on temple performance and not taking into account a winning performance (which is good perspective to take).

Even though Leah detoured to the King's Storeroom, she still spent very little time completing the objective there. In my opinion, her speed and ability to clear rooms efficiently overshadowed her going through the extra room.

The reason I put T.J. so low in the ranking is that he cleared five rooms in a decent amount of time. There wasn't anything particularly incredible about his particular performance (despite this run being a win). Since both he and David ("Enormous Feather") shared the same path, temple guard placement, and general speed in clearing rooms, I felt that they should be paired together in the ranking. Both boys cleared the rooms at an average pace, and I felt that other contestants outdid their performances, either by being faster, by having cleaner performances, or by handling more grueling layouts with about as much ease.

The same mentality went into pairing Michael ("Thornwood Gavel") and Jeremy ("War Fan"). In this case, I felt that both boys did a rather good job of clearing their seven rooms in a quick manner. The Tomb of the Headless Kings, Chamber of the Sacred Markers, and Shrine of the Silver Monkey are all time-consuming rooms, but they both had little difficulty completing these rooms. Since they had to withstand more rooms and cleared them in a more efficient manner than some of the other contestants on the list, I felt that Michael and Jeremy deserved to be higher in the rankings.

And, yes, I try to only look at temple performance, rather than the outcome of the run, when assessing the contestants. Sometimes, very able contestants were put through grueling paths, whereas some contestants were more average in their ability to clear rooms, but because their paths were less intense, their runs ended more successfully. Due to this disparity, I try to standardize the contestants by looking solely at temple performance, so that I can put forth my most honest opinion about the "Best" contestants of the season rather than the "Most Successful" contestants of the season.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:06:25 PM by PurpleParrot4Life »

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »
Jeremy wouldn't even be in your top 25 PPF? :|

I'm surprised as well.

Jeremy and Mike ("Thornwood Gavel") shared the same path and cleared the room with just about the same amount of efficiency, so it's interesting that Mike's position at #17 is "good," while Jeremy would not be in your Top 25 at all.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
Quite frankly, I didn't think Jeremy was that great at all. I don't care if Mike and him have everything in common. Jeremy did a good job and everything, and I don't hold the door stuck thing against him, but he wasn't THAT great. And I didn't think Mike was that great either. I think both players overstayed their welcome on the list. The rankings stick, it's too late to change it now.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
Then who would you have put in his place?

Amanda? Quentin? I really don't know who could take his place. :?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:03 PM »
I probably wouldn't have put either Jeremy or "Judge Roy Bean" Mike into the top 25. Neither of their temple performances were that impressive. The only thing Mike had going for him was the fastest monkey assembling. But a lot of other contestants like Jarrid, Jay, Nate, and Josh from "Egyptian King" had very fast assemblies too.

I definitely don't consider Asher or Kevin top 20 either. Kevin is so overrated and any of the top boys on this list could've done what he did, especially T.J. and David from "Enormous Feather".

Looking back now, I might've placed Jonathan from "William the Conqueror" in the top 20 at least. But he also screwed up in the Room of the Ancient Warriors.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »
Looking back now, I might've placed Jonathan from "William the Conqueror" in the top 20 at least. But he also screwed up in the Room of the Ancient Warriors.

I wouldn't necessarily say that he "screwed up" in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. He definitely got delayed in that room, but he still at least got to the Battle Flag, so it wasn't a complete failure. It was probably difficult to see that the door had been activated after trying the first armor, since the door didn't noticeably fling open like, say, the door to the King's Storeroom. The door leading to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers was partially blocked by the first headdress.