Poll

Best S3 Legends Contestant

Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)
2 (40%)
Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak)
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 27, 2012, 11:30:50 PM

Author Topic: Legends S3 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition  (Read 1198 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Legends S3 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »
If Noelle goes, Pat does, too. Kid couldn't climb the Pharaoh's Secret Passage to save his life (perhaps they over-greased it after Zac pwned it the day before?).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:03:35 PM by Count Chocula »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
Next to go is Nicholas from "Madame Tussaud". He was so slow and very hesitant in the temple. He wasted so much time completing certain room objectives like pulling on the same vine in the Tomb of the Headless Kings and just moved sluggishly up the central shaft. You wonder why Jennifer was yelling at him.

Irish (The Bent Shaving Pan of Jedediah Smith)
Kimberly (The Broken Trident of Poseidon)
Leah (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd)
Olivia (The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror)
Elisa (The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible)
Tess (The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth)
Christine (The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce)
Janeen (The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugénie)
Yakerra (The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland)
Kristin (The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great)
Lacey (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza)
Katie (The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I)
Andrea (The Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta)
Lauren (The Lion-Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea)
Jessica (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)
Chrystine (The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb)
Brittany (The Lost Whale Bone of Pytheas)
Jennifer (The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud)
Randy (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen)
Rachel (The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein)
Tiffani (The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain)
Maggie (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King)
Amanda (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak)
Kate (The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley)
Katie (The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard)
Dawn (The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior)
Brandy (The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu)
Lissy (The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea)
Annie (The Ruby Earring of Ben Zibab)
Miriam (The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen)
Sherra (The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson)
Hallie (The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain)
Elise (The War Fan of the Forty-seven Ronin)
Matthew (The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd)
Jonathan (The Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror)
Travis (The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible)
Brett (The Dried Apple Half of William Tell)
Eddie (The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth)
David (The Enormous Feather of the Mê Linh)
Jeremy (The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce)
Jay (The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugénie)
Kris (The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great)
Asher (The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza)
Judge (The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I)
Mike (The Lion-Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea)
Jarrid (The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain)
Dean (The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb)
T.J. (The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen)
Keith (The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein)
Josh (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King)
Gator (The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak)
Jared (The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard)
Ryan (The Pearl Necklace of Gwalior)
Quentin (The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu)
Nate (The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea)
Kevin (The Ruby Earring of Ben Zibab)
Zac Turney (The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen)
Mike (The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean)
Derek (The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson)
Jared (The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain)
Jeremy (The War Fan of the Forty-seven Ronin)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:04:22 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
If Nicholas goes, then so does Jennifer (The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud). What an annoying waste of time and space. She moved like a slug through the Crypt and Pit. Not a good player.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
Damien and still on the list. He was already eliminated.

Next to go is Janeen from "Good Luck Watch." She was just way too slow and hesitant.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 10:06:49 PM »
I edited out Damien on the list but left Nicholas, Jennifer, and Janeen on there as they were eliminated after the recent list update. I will remove them on the next list update to avoid confusion. ;)

Next to go is Irish from "Jedediah Smith". Looking back her run again, she was just so slow in the temple. I know the temple guard layout was tricky and she was not totally clueless, but she really could've picked up the pace. There were season 3 players that had tricky layouts like her, yet they had much more time on the clock than she did when she was taken out. She overstayed her welcome on this list.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
Katie from "Clovis the First" is also still on the list. And was also eliminated on Page 1.

Speaking of Clovis the First, Judge can go next. He made no progress whatsoever in the temple, and he was just plain unmemorable.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »
Next to go is Maggie (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King). Besides not lasting long, she could've lasted a lot longer had she NOT lost her pendant in the Pit of all places. That should not have happened and she deserves this early elimination.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
Next to go is Maggie (The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King). Besides not lasting long, she could've lasted a lot longer had she NOT lost her pendant in the Pit of all places. That should not have happened and she deserves this early elimination.

Not trying to "troll" or anything, but Ty dropped his pendant in his episode, yet he ranked second in the Season Two version of this game. Nobody really got on his case about it, nor did anyone say "This should not have happened" to his episode. I just wanted to bring your attention to the disparity; I'm not intentionally trying to bash, hate, or object to your elimination in any way. I simply think it's funny how different people who do a few similar things get portrayed in very different lights.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
In my opinion, I don't think either contestant should be slammed for dropping their pendants. The bands that supported the wrist for the pendants weren't exactly the most stable support for them. Both Maggie and Ty's pendant flung off their wrist probably due to it snapping for one reason or another. I am sure it was just an honest mistake and its not like either one of them dropped them purposefully. Just like Nick from "Henry VIII's Great Seal" jumping out of the temple was just an honest mistake, I don't hold that against him like some people do. And the same thing for Maggie and Ty and the pendants dropping. Although in Maggie's case, it resulted in her having a brief temple appearance, so there is really no reason for her to last on the list anyways. And if she continued the path that she took, I doubt the team would've won anyways. ;)

A new day, and Kimberly from "Poseidon" can go now. A good player should be one performs well throughout the temple, not one that is good until they reach the artifact. Kimberly had everything in her favor including a lucky no temple guard route and relatively easy layout. Yet, she still can't get the Broken Trident out of the Shrine with 50 seconds at hand. She wastes that time completing objectives that she didn't need to complete and was just screwing around when Kirk kept telling her that she needed to bring the Trident back to the temple gate. Plus, she was a slow runner throughout the temple anyways.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:29:11 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »
Thanks TRJ.

Next to go is Brett (The Dried Apple Half of William Tell). It's funny how this kid went unnoticed for so long. Even though the layout was near impossible, he was still bad, no questions asked.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »
PP4L, would you PLEASE stop taking these elimination games so seriously? You are waaaaaay overanalyzing some silly game that no one will remember a few months from now. We don't need to look into the politics of these contestants. We already have enough politics going around now with the election coming up. We don't need it again here. Did you read what I said in the Season 2 thread? Here it is in case you missed it. It's something I think you should look over. Now, can we please play this game and just have fun with it? And not make rules for why we have to like/dislike a certain contestant. This is starting to get a little old, sorry. =/

Anyways, Rachel from "Missing Portrait" can go next. Even if her layout was hard, she wasn't that great.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:38:36 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »
PP4L, would you PLEASE stop taking these elimination games so seriously? You are waaaaaay overanalyzing some silly game that no one will remember a few months from now. We don't need to look into the politics of these contestants. We already have enough politics going around now with the election coming up. We don't need it again here. Did you read what I said in the Season 2 thread? Here it is in case you missed it. It's something I think you should look over. Now, can we please play this game and just have fun with it? And not make rules for why we have to like/dislike a certain contestant. This is starting to get a little old, sorry. =/

I do not appreciate when people put words in my mouth. I am sorry if people have misconstrued what I've been saying and have not understood my intentions. I am not making this into any sort of political debate, and I am not making rules about why or how to like or dislike anyone. I am making observations about the way contestants were portrayed on the show and how people identify the contestants based on those portrayals. All I was saying is that even though some of the contestants had similar attributes or had similar events occur, the way the episodes were edited and other characteristics of each individual contestant has caused people to dissociate the similarities of those contestants. From a psychological standpoint, I find it fascinating that media has that much ability to shape and manipulate conceptions to such an extent. By posing those thoughts and questions, I was trying to see if the comments people were making, were indeed influenced by the editing and the portrayal of the contestants.

I'm sorry that I've been contributing these ideas and that I've been trying to add some philosophical thought into this site; I'll stop posting altogether if that would make people happier. But I thought sharing these observations might be a slightly off-topic (yet related) idea to think about. And I thought that people would appreciate having some deeper, more intellectually-stimulating conversations about the show, rather than "I like Contestant X because they were fast" and "I disliked Contestant Y because they spent too long in a room" ... that's what I was hoping to get from this site. I suppose I was "wrong" for having that hope.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:59:00 PM by PurpleParrot4Life »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 05:20:56 PM »
I personally don't mind discussing my opinion at all with you, PP4L. I think that would make a good topic in the Heart Room rather in this thread because that is when we can get analytical and debate in that topic rather then here. I could always make a topic in the Heart Room and we can discuss it from there. I know that you aren't trying to cause any trouble and just want to talk about Legends. ;)

Truth be told, sometimes we are guilty of bashing contestants and episodes without really thinking much about it. Like Mitchell and Paula for example, we are so use to agreeing that they are overrated that we sometimes fail to compare them to other contestants that were just as guilty as them too. Please don't feel discouraged at all from posting or voting in here. But as PPF pointed out, this is more a game thread and it is kind of hard to play it when it drags into discussions. You can agree or disagree with anyone, but it probably would hold for better discussion in a separate thread in the Heart Room. If you want to, I can make a thread in that forum and we can talk about it from there? I would be more than happy to debate and discuss about our views of the contestants. ;)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
TRJ- I appreciate that you responded in a civil manner and explained why my comments were being taken the wrong way, without coming across as condescending. I was unaware that this was strictly a "fun-only" part of the site. I would be more than happy to analyze and debate the ideas I presented here in more depth in the Heart Room. Thank you for the offer.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Its okay, I kind of remember being in the same situation at another forum. It was at the Resident Evil forum on another site and we had a trivia topic there. Well, we started to get carried away on one subject in the trivia forum and it dragged onto a 4-5 pages. People were getting tired of reading it so instead we made a separate topic on another board and that pretty much solved the issue. There is nothing wrong with talking about Legends on a Legends forum, but PPF did make a point that it doesn't really belong in a topic like a game topic since it doesn't really bode well for discussion here. Since a lot of people like reading this thread, they might not want to read it all the time. But now that you have made a thread in the Heart Room, they don't have to read it if they don't want to. I hope this solves the issue now and that we can drop it. No more arguing now or I will REALLY bring John and Tia into this. ;) Kidding on the John and Tia part.

I guess I will go with my second vote now. Time for Christine from "Robert the Bruce" to go next. Her layout was tough enough, and she didn't help herself by being so slow. And she never tried all three books in the Crypt, so she just added more objectives on her path which was tough to begin with. She can go now.