Author Topic: Legends Episode Ranking System - COMPLETE  (Read 41065 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Episode Ranking System
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
Wow, this episode was all over the place when it came to rankings. :o I totally agree that this has got to be the worst moat the show has ever featured. Every episode to have this moat (save his Mush Pot Hat) took forever and the mist disappeared. I would've bombed that moat too if I were assigned to it. Though I still think Cracked Crown's moat was worse, since the mist disappeared MUCH sooner in that one. The legend was pretty interesting, though why couldn't the artifact have been in Medusa's Lair instead of the Swamp? It would've made more sense in there, then Tony wouldn't have had any problems in that room. The temple games were interesting, and I'm always a sucker for the wet games of Season 2. Especially the spitting animal head game that Heather and the Silver Snake boy played. The temple run sucked, thanks to Tony and his screwing around with Medusa's head. And you're right, he probably wouldn't have taken so long with the objective if he didn't try to rush through it. Though putting four snakes in Medusa's head is ridiculous. No wonder they had to dumb down the objective. And of course he smashes the pots like a moron in the King's Storeroom. After time was called, you could tell both Heather and Tony were pissed. Classic example of wasted potential if you ask me.

Overall, great review and ranking. :mrblue: It still managed to rank in the mid 5 range, despite the weak points in the moat and temple run. I'm still not sure which episode I'm gonna rank next. I know I said I wanted to rank either Silver Horseshoe or Leonardo Da Vinci next. But I don't really feel like going through either episode. Maybe I'll do another Season 2 episode, just to continue on the "Season 2" trend we've been doing lately. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »
Yeah, you would think after Cracked Crown (the second episode that day), they would've ditched the moat or make it much easier. It was definitely way too much and I felt sorry for the kids who both had to keep trying and had to wait in order to cross this moat. And yeah, the Stone Head easily should've been in Medusa's Lair. That would've been the most fitting artifact location. And Tony wouldn't have screwed up the room objective either. Heather and Tony are easily the #1 example of wasted potential in my book.

And yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to do Butch Cassidy or Leonardo Da Vinci. Those are the kind of episodes you have to force yourself through. Although there are a lot of great S2 episodes left, so you can't go wrong there.  :P Maybe Lost Lion Tail? j/k. I am going to do Sultan Suleiman next though.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2013, 08:54:46 PM »
Yeah, Heather and Tony dominated almost every round, yet couldn't even make it past their fifth room. On the other hand, there were a lot of teams who were dominant in all the pre temple rounds, and then had a subpar temple run. And yeah, I'll probably do another Season 2 episode next for my episode review. Maybe I'll finally do Applewood Amulet, or another episode I'll pick from the list.

Also, do you mind if I delete the strike through episodes we've already done? It will make the list less cluttery and easier to read. I figure since you've already put your name on the episodes you want to do next, I could clean up the list a bit. Since we already have that table of episodes that have already been reviewed anyways. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Actually, I don't know why I put strikes through the episode in the first place.  :lol: It makes more logical sense just to get rid of the episode title altogether. And the list is starting to look ugly with all the scratched out episodes anyways.

Also, if you do Emiliano Zapata for your next one, I promise I will do Atocha right after that one then. Since those episodes go hand-and-hand. Both legends are very similar and the rounds featured two strong teams. I always forgot how similar those two episodes are.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
Alright, strike throughs of episodes we've already done has been eliminated from the OP. And I've got to say, it's MUCH easier to read now that the list is shorter. And I've decided to do "The Diary of Dr. Livingstone" next. Then you can finally do Sacred Ring, and then the reviews for Applewood Amulet and Atocha are to follow. Since like you said, it would be fitting reviewing both episodes that were filmed back to back. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
My turn to do an episode review. And this time, it's "The Diary of Dr. Livingstone." :mrblue:

THE DIARY OF DR. LIVINGSTONE

MOAT: 5/10

For this moat, the players had to build a bridge by laying four boards on two parallel bars. The back most player had to grab the last plank, and give it to their partner in the front. While this was a creative moat, which required teamwork to finish, the round itself wasn't very exciting. Regardless, the Green Monkeys, Blue Barracudas, Silver Snakes, and the Purple Parrots ended up advancing to the Steps of Knowledge. It should also be noted that the teams advancing from the moat was announced as Silver - Green - Purple - Blue. Which wasn't even the order of the four teams that gonged in. This also happened at the end of Silver Horseshoe's moat. I'm glad the producers didn't edit all the end of moat announcements like that. It just came across poorly edited and too sloppy.

LEGEND: 7/10

The legend in this episode revolved around Henry Stanley, who set to look for Dr. Livingstone, who was assumed to be missing. As Henry made his way to see Dr. Livingstone, he practiced ways he would greet him. Some of his rehearsals consisted of him saying "Hello, Doc?" "Doctor, how do you do?" and "Pleased yo meet your acquaintance, Doctor!" Finally, Henry made it to Ujiji, where he found Dr. Livingstone himself. He greeted Livingstone with (and while coining a famous phrase in the process), "Dr. Livingstone, I presume!" to which Livingstone answered back "Delighted!" Dr. Livingstone then gave Henry his diary, to prove that they had met. I happened to like this legend, especially for the way Henry Stanley rehearsed his ways he would greet Dr. Livingstone when he met him.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 6/10

The Steps of Knowledge were an average round. There were some questions that were thrown in there that we didn't actually hear in the legend, which happens in a lot of episodes. This goes to show that the legend we hear on the show is different from the legend the kids hear backstage. Either way, the Purple Parrots were the first team to qualify for the temple games. And the Blue Barracudas were the second team to join them. The Green Monkeys got two questions right, and the Silver Snakes got one question correct. All in all, this was a close round, just uneventful.

TEMPLE GAMES: 7/10

The temple games were an okay round, and it did feature a unique sequence of games. And I'm pretty sure this is the only Season 2 episode to feature both individual games as wet temple games. As all four players are wearing their colored windbreaker jackets. In the first game, Tabitha and Adrianne had to guess where Dr. Livingstone was, by using the very underrated squirting/plugging holes game. Tabitha ended up beating Adrianne 6-4, and it should also be noted that one of the name tags "Bagdad," was spelled wrong. Way to misspell a country name, Legends producers. -_- In the second game, Brett and Shawn had to put a jewel on the spitting snake. It was very obvious this was the first episode to use this temple game. As the guys were required to only put one jewel on the snakes neck, which made the game WAY too easy and rushed to me. Needless to say, Brett ended up finishing the game first in only six seconds. Winning the game and making for the quickest temple game completion in the shows history. In the third game, the teams had to trace Henry Stanley's steps through Suez, Zanzibar, Unyanyembe, and Ujiji. They did this by using the fling balls at your partner/wall climbing game. This game could've ended in a tie, with Brett knocking off the ball he put on Unyanyambe, but spotters told him he didn't need to cover it again. The Blue Barracudas never did make it further than Unyanyambe, but they still won the game as the Purple Parrots only got as far as Zanzibar. And with 2 full pendants, the Blue Barracudas shut out the Purple Parrots and won a trip to the temple!

TEMPLE RUN: 6/10

This temple run was very similar to "The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen," in which the teams ran into temple guards in the same room spaces, and entered every single room of the temple. Only Metal Beard was much more exciting than this run, which was an average win. Tabitha goes in first and she moves pretty slow. She covers the bottom floor at a rather sluggish pace. Tabitha at one point tries to climb the Swamp ladder, to try the King's Storeroom door, but with no avail. She runs into a temple guard in both the Throne Room and Dark Forest, with the latter guard removing her from the temple with 2:05 left on the clock. Brett goes in next and he also covers the temple at an average place. He eventually makes his way up to the Viper's Nest, making him the only contestant to complete the objective. Ty from Lucky Medallion doesn't count since he didn't need to complete the objective. Brett then retrieves the diary with about 40 seconds left on the clock, where he enters every room in the temple in the process. While it was a rather ineffective exit, he still escaped with a victory with 5 seconds left on the clock. This was a rather forgettable win, but they still earned it.

FINAL VERDICT: 6.2/10

This episode wasn't very exciting, and I figured it would finish in the low 6 range. Nothing noteworthy happened other than Brett's quick temple game completion, and Brett's entering of every room of the temple. The win was also forgettable, where you forget it's even a win most of the time. Despite the uneventfulness throughout this episode, I still recommend it as it is worth a watch.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 06:55:41 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2013, 12:40:47 AM »
Dr. Livingstone in my mind is nothing but an average episode. I didn't expect it to rank past 6.5 at all. The whole episode is forgettable to me and I always forget that Tabitha and Brett won. There were a few highlights about this episode. The first being the very quick temple games. The Purple Parrots were really not match for Brett and Tabitha either. Considering they got swept in he temple games by them. Although, the first game was pure luck. I remember the team game though very well for the weird city names like Ujiji in which we use in the Legends Alphabet game all the time. :P

And as I mentioned, the temple win was pretty unexciting and forgettable. Tabitha and Brett were an average team with a close call for a win. The only hard objective they had to complete was the Viper's Nest... They still deserved the win, but it is no where near as exciting as "Egyptian Queen". Plus, they were lucky to win even after Brett took that horrible exit.

Good review as usual. This is the type of episode I can't sit through in one sitting because it wasn't very exciting. Yet, it was still a decent episode though and watchable. And it definitely should be watched for a win. I mean who doesn't want to see a win? ;) Good job with this one. Since it is my turn, I will do Sultan Suleiman next. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
Thanks for the feedback as usual. ;)

And yeah, this episode was completely unexciting. Even the very first time I saw this episode, I thought it was boring. But yeah, who doesn't like to see teams win from time to time? I probably would've had MUCH more enthusiasm for this win if it weren't so uneventful. And I can't wait for your review of Sultan Suleiman. That should be an interesting episode to rank, especially for the temple games and the temple run. :mrpurple:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2013, 10:59:48 PM »
After saying for months that I would review this episode, I finally finished "Sultan Suleiman".  :mrpurple:  It was a pretty good episode up until the dreaded temple run. :roll:

THE SACRED RING OF SULTAN SULEIMAN

MOAT: 6/10

In front of the teams were 3 hanging Babylonian wheels and they had to use these three wheels to cross the moat. While crossing, both players had to work together to reach the next wheel to pull themselves across. If they fell into the water, they would have to go back and try again. This was a pretty good moat overall and went by pretty quick too. None of the teams really struggled and it was a matter who was able to successfully cross first. In the end Red chimed in first and Purple Parrots chimed in last.

LEGEND: 7/10

One of the most feared and powerful woman of the 1500's was Roxelana, Sultanate of the Ottoman Empire. She was so powerful that she began a line of women rulers that lasted for 100 years. Legend has it, she came into the Throne Room where Sultan Suleiman resided because she wanted to ask him to marry her. While Suleiman was bewildered by this request, the Grand Bazaar was convinced that Roxelana was trying to trick him in order to gain privilege to his power. The Grand Bazaar told Suleiman that Roxelana was eavesdropping on him earlier. Roxelana then informs Suleiman that the Grand Bazaar was plotting to overthrow the Sultan. Suleiman then had the Grand Bazaar taken away and married Roxelana. He gave her his Sacred Ring, which made her the most powerful ruler in the nation.

This was a pretty good legend for the most part. The voice acting could've been better though. All of the voices used for the characters were pretty cringeworthy. I like the little plot twist too with the Grand Bazaar being a traitor to Suleiman. It was a good plot and didn't have too much nonsense in it.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 8/10

This Steps round went by very quick, and there were only 7 questions asked altogether. The only gripe I have about this steps round was that one of the answers that Olmec gave for his question was "Superman". -_- Other than that, the Purple Parrots made it to the bottom first with the Barracudas right behind them.

TEMPLE GAMES: 8/10

The temple games featured Gracelyn and Brian of the Purple Parrots and Vanessa and Christopher of the Blue Barracudas. The temple game sequence used during this temple game round was very unique compared to most temple game rounds. What makes it unique is that the temple games follow very closely to Olmec's legend. The final temple game was like a "sequel" to the first temple game. Olmec even makes a reference to the first temple game when telling the directions for the final temple game. This was a fun temple game round to watch, and more episodes really should've followed the legend more closely in the temple games.

Temple Game #1 - Sultan Suleiman's Ring Finger

The first temple game had Brian and Christopher trying to take the ring off of Suleiman's finger. In front of them was a giant "finger" with a ring on it. They had 60 seconds to get the ring off his finger by maneuvering it around the different obstacles in the way. The player that took the ring off first would be the winner, In the end, Christopher dominated this temple game and earned the first half-pendant.

Temple Game #2 - Roxelana and Suleiman's Palace

Gracelyn and Vanessa had to retrace their footsteps through Roxelana's palace by remembering the nine rooms she entered. In front of each girl were nine holes containing names of different rooms above them. Before the temple game begins, the girls had to memorize the sequence of rooms that Olmec gave to them. When the temple game actually begins though, the girls had to use their plug in the room where Roxelana first began and follow her path that Olmec presented. If the choose the right room, then the player will earn a point. If they chose a wrong room, the player will get squirted and gain nothing. The player with the most points would be the winner. Gracelyn got the most rooms correct, and earned the Purple Parrots a half-pendant.

Temple Game #3 - Slip the Ring on Roxelana's Finger

In the first temple game, the teams had to take a ring off of the Sultan's finger. In this temple game, the players have to put the ring on Roxelana's finger. To do so, they must work together to climb three large steps and reach Roxelana's hand at the top. Once they do, then they must slip the ring on her finger to complete the marriage. The first team to put the ring on her finger will win. The final outcome was very close, but the Purple Parrots got the ring on her hand first and win with a final score 1.5-0.5.

TEMPLE RUN: 2.5/10

Teams that entered the temple with 1.5 pendants in Season 2 were lucky because the half-pendant was usually located in plain site by the producers. Yet, most of the triple captures from this season were a result of the players passing the obvious half-pendant. There was no excuse for the Purple Parrots for not finding the half-pendant in this temple run. However, this team had other problems too. Brian started off in the Crypt. After pulling just one book, the door to the Ledges opens and he retreats down into it. Not only did he meet a dead end though, but he also met an avoidable temple guard. After wasting a lot of time in the Ledges, he gets his act together and uses the Troubled Bridge, and passing up the obvious half-pendant located on it. He was taken out in the Observatory after wasting a lot of time only traveling through 4 rooms. Gracelyn was not much better and she also missed her half-pendant. She got lost in the King's Storeroom and after figuring out the objective, she backtracks into Medusa's Lair and the run ends with 44 seconds on the clock. Even though Gracelyn should've found her half-pendant, it was more Brian's fault that this temple run ended the way it did. He should have never entered the Ledges after trying one book in the Crypt. Plus, he should've also signaled the half-pendant back to Gracelyn. It didn't matter, because this team was very bright to begin with anyways. This is definitely one of the worst Purple Parrot teams to enter the temple, which is too bad since the Parrots had very few temple appearances already.

FINAL VERDICT: 6.3/10
"Sultan Suleiman" was an episode that had a lot going for it up until the temple run. The earlier rounds of this episode were very fun and the producers did a good job of following the episode plot throughout the whole episode. The best part of this episode was the temple games because it actually followed the legend of this episode closely. It wasn't just a jumbled set of games that were used because the producers couldn't find anything else that worked. The first temple game even goes hand-and-hand with the last temple game. The temple run was huge disaster though. The Purple Parrots really blew their load in the temple and this was one of their worst performances too. This all could've been prevented if Brian just pulled all three books in the Crypt. Which is too bad because the Purple Parrots had very few temple appearances. But still, the rest of the episode was pretty good and I would say it is worth a watch. Just be weary of the temple run though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:51:14 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »
A 6.3 huh? Not bad, I figured it would finish around that range. Sultan Suleiman was an okay episode until the temple run. I like how the teams advancing from the moat order was literally Red - Blue - Green - Purple. The Steps of Knowledge was an okay round, but Superman for an answer? Why don't I remember that? :huh: Pretty dumb answer too. The temple games featured a very unique sequence. I like how each temple game connected to the legend chronologically. I especially liked this episode's version of the squirting game. Where you actually had to memorize a sequence of which holes squirted where, instead of just random water squirting anytime. The temple run sucked, both Brian and Gracelyn sucked. I definitely blame Brian MUCH more than I do Gracelyn. First he detours into the Crypt, then he doesn't signal back the half pendant to Gracelyn. So I don't blame her for in a way for not finding it. But she moved way too slow to begin with. Even if she had used up all three minutes, they still probably wouldn't have made it to the ring. This episode is a lot like "The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean," where the episode is very quirky and interesting, but the temple run completely sucks.

Overall, great review. :mrpurple: When I get back home, I'll review "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata," and then you can review "The Lucky Medallion of Atocha" and so on. :mrgreen: :mrorange:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »
Well, the "Superman" answer was one of the choices to a question that Olmec asked. :P None of the teams gave that one as an answer, thankfully. That would top Colonel Sanders. :lol: But yeah, the temple game sequence was very unique. And I liked that version of the squirting game too. If they were like the one used in this episode, I would like this temple game a lot. But the ones used in Dr. Livingstone and Annie Taylor were luck-based, which I am totally against in a show like Legends where the point of every round is to test a teams knowledge and skill. And I love memory games too. But yeah, the temple run score dragged this episode score down a lot. If Brian just didn't enter the Ledges they would've been fine. I don't think they would've won either, but they would've saved time and avoided triple capture if Brian stayed out of the Ledges. And I am glad that I am not the only that saw the comparison between "Sultan Suleiman" and "Judge Roy Bean". :P At least the Roy Bean run was watchable for the first half of it. :o

And Emiliano Zapata will be a great read. I expect a good score for that one. Especially since that episode has been getting some negative attention around here. Although people do have a point about it being a little overhyped. I mean the team had a pretty simple path to the Shrine. But I thought the Green Monkeys, especially Olivia-Emma, were pretty good. It will be interesting to see what score that you will come with. And once you are done with Zapata, then I will do Atocha.  :mrorange:  :mrgreen: And I also want to do Marble Armrest also.  :oops: Just to see how bad it ranks.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »
I made another episode review for "Xerxes" since I was interested in how this episode would rank overall. I thought it would receive a "Stone Head" score, but after watching the episode again, it didn't even come close. :roll: This episode deserves all the negative attention it gets.  :? Sorry GM1, but this episode is a disgrace to your favorite team.  :afro:

THE MARBLE ARMREST OF XERXES

MOAT: 5/10

In this moat, the teams had to work together to cross it moving across a horizontal net. Both players had to remain on the net while crossing the moat, and if they fell in, then they had to start over. Once both players made it across the moat, then they could hit their gongs. For a Season 3 moat, I didn't really find it to be very creative. None of the teams really struggled in this moat either and was completed fairly quickly. Not a bad moat, but there were better ones in Season 3.

LEGEND: 3/10

Xerxes was a powerful Persian Emperor in 480 B.C. He launched one of history's largest invasions against Greece. He built a canal two miles long overland so his fleet would not have to sail around a dangerous reef. He also built a floating bridge that was destroyed one day by a thunderstorm. Angry, Xerxes shook his fist towards the boiling sky and vowed to whip the water as soon as the storm stops. The next day, Xerxes men whipped the unruly water 300 times for disobeying Xerxes. Xerxes decided to build a bridge out of ships instead. Overlooking his new bridge on his Marble throne, Xerxes men were outnumbered by the Greeks. He fled so fast that Xerxes left his Marble throne behind. A piece of the Armrest of the throne made it to the temple.

I am not sure what to make of this legend, honestly.  :shock: The plot to it makes no sense at all. First it talks about the Persians attacking the Greeks and next it talks about men whipping the water. The water whipping part of the story sounded ridiculous too. Especially the "unruly water" bit and how dramatic the legend depicted Xerxes' men attacking the water.  I am not sure if the water whipping part is true in real life, but I am sure the Legends producers exaggerrated parts of it. This legend sounded silly overall and didn't really make sense either. The artifact was pretty cool though.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 7/10

The Purple Parrots were a very smart team in the Steps of Knowledge. They answered all three questions correctly right off the bat. Levi was whispering all the answers to Candace, and both of them worked together to move onto the temple games first. The Green Monkeys also answered their three questions in a row too. I have no complaints about this Steps round at all.

TEMPLE GAMES: 4/10

This temple games round was special, and not in a good way either. The temple games featured Candace and Levi Turney of the Purple Parrots against Noelle and Pat of the Green Monkeys. If you notice, Levi of the Purple Parrots shares the exact same last name as Zac Turney from "The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen". He is actually Zac's younger brother. Even though it is not mention in this episode, there is an interview conducted by Zac that confirms that Levi was his younger brother. The ending to this temple games round was pretty tragic though. For more information, check the separate tiebreaker section to see why I feel this way.  :?

Temple Game #1 - Xerxes' Ship Bridge

In the first temple game, Noelle and Candace had to cross Xerxes' second bridge made out of ships. In front of them were a series of poles that the players had to step on. Each player had to step on a pole and make sure it doesn't sink when stepping on it. If the pole does sink, then the player had to start over from the beginning. The first team to make it to the other side will be the winner. The temple game was very close, but Noelle won it just by a hair.

Temple Game #2 - Greeks vs. Persians

Levi and Pat were in an enclosed space on a trampoline and were equipped with different color rocks. Behind them, was a hole in the wall that the players had to protect. The objective of the temple game was for the player to take their rock and throw it into their opponent's hole. While doing so, they could also block their opponent's shots too and protect their own hole. The player who gets the most rocks into their opponent's hole wins. In the end, Levi dominated this temple game. Apparently, Pat didn't realize he could block his own hole after he ran out of rocks. So Levi had some free shots while Pat stood around like a bum. :roll:

Temple Game #3 - Dig Xerxes' Canal

Both players on each team had their backs to each other against the wall. One player had to grab a boulder and throw it overhead while their partner had to run out and catch it. The players had to work together though since they were tethered together. In the end, the temple game ended in a 2-2 tie and forced the tiebreaker.

TIEBREAKER:

Just like I did for my "The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin" review, I had to create a separate section for this tiebreaker. Now, this section will not have an impact on the final score for it, but I had to point out how awful this tiebreaker question used was. The question Olmec asked was, "What was Xerxes' throne made of?". Most uncreative tiebreaker question ever? I can't believe the producers actually made this a question. The answer for this question was in the episode title! I am sure the teams heard about the Marble Armrest throughout their production day. Did the producers not expect a tiebreaker to happen or something? It was liked they made this up 5 seconds before the tiebreaker was forced. :roll: The Green Monkeys unfortunately got the answer right, which gave them the right to enter Olmec's temple. :(

TEMPLE RUN: 2/10

Noelle and Pat were a horrible team all day throughout their episode, and it would only be fitting for them to suck in the temple too. This team could not make it past the bottom floor in 3 whole minutes. Most players in S3 completed the entire bottom floor in the minute, yet this team struggled to even make it to the Quicksand Bog. Noelle was a very bad frontrunner though. She wasted a lot of time in the Pit dangling on the rope for the Pit of the Pendulum. Then she takes her sweet time completing the bottom floor room objectives. After taking two minutes to get to the Dark Forest, she is (thankfully) removed from the Dark Forest. Pat was a horrible second runner though. He moved slightly faster than his partner, but could only add one room of progress in the minute he had. The temple run ended with Pat struggling to climb up the Quicksand Bog slide. :roll: The temple layout was pretty hard though, so not many teams would've won. But Noelle and Pat were an incompetent team and wouldn't have won in the temple anyways. Even if their layout was easier, they probably still would've lost.

FINAL VERDICT: 4.2/10
"Marble Armrest" was a lackluster episode and is probably the weakest Green Monkeys episode in the entire series. None of the rounds of this episode were particularly good. It was one of those episodes where you were cheering for the other team to go to the temple because they were more dominant throughout the show. In this case, I would've loved to see the Purple Parrots make it to the temple. While the Green Monkeys won the tiebreaker fairly, they were a team that scraped by their whole episode. The Purple Parrots were a better team all day. The temple run was a very poor performance too and the Green Monkeys didn't even come close. Overall, this episode was very disappointing to watch and one of those episodes you want to stay away from after watching it the first time. The only reason I would recommend this episode is to watch Zac's younger brother, Levi Turney. Even though he didn't make it to the temple run, there is no doubt in my mind that the Purple Parrots would've done better. Watch this one at your own discretion.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2013, 06:31:22 AM »
The dreaded "Xerxes" episode. I really hate this one because those two losers make me look stupid.  :oops:  :roll: Even if the Purple Parrots are my least favorite Legends team, it should've been them. Especially since Zac's brother Levi was on the Purple Parrots, they would've at least make it to the artifact depending on if they found the half pendant. Plus, if you whip the water 300 times, you have no life! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I would love to see this episode....... jump off a cliff because it is so bad. :oops: :oops:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »
Don't worry, every team has their set of episodes that make their favorite team look bad. :P For the Red Jaguars, we have Alhambra, Blackbeard, Anne Bonny, Charles Lindbergh, and Smashed Printing Plate.  :oops: But yeah, out of all the Purple Parrots teams on the show, I wanted to see this one advance the most from the temple games. It would've been awesome to see how Levi performed in the temple. He might've not been as fast as Zac, but he would've done ten times better than Pat and Noelle. :roll: I remember TPP hated this episode back in the day and I can see why now. It was a pretty crummy episode.  :?

And we have covered 51 episodes if I counted correctly. Almost to the half-way point! I want to reach the 60 episode mark before the end of August. I have a bunch of episodes already booked to complete also like Cleopatra, Poseidon, Bent Shaving Pan, and Golden Stallion. I think I should complete all of those first before claiming new ones. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »
Xerxes is one of the worst episodes of Season 3, if not the whole show. I don't care if the Green Monkeys won the tiebreaker question fairly, they didn't deserve to go to the temple. The Purple Parrots should've won, they would've done a MUCH better job than them. The results would've been completely different if Candace and Levi won instead, though they probably would've lost too. It deserves a low score, it was a terrible templr run and episode, though I did like the temple game sequence.

And don't forget I STILL need to rank Applewood Amulet, but I'll get to it tonight. ;) I've just been so busy lately and I just didn't feel like doing it last night. Sorry to hold everyone up, and these reviews do take quite a bit of work. I promise I should be done with it by tonight. :azn: