Author Topic: Legends Episode Ranking System - COMPLETE  (Read 41030 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Episode Ranking System
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »
Here is my review for "Captain John Smith". The episode was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than "Snow Cone". I really underestimated this episode and throughly enjoyed it.

THE LOST LOVE LETTER OF CAPTAIN JOHN SMITH

MOAT: 6.5/10

I actually like the moat that was used on this day. It was creative and required both players to work together. In this moat, the teams had to cross it with a set of planks. They only had four planks, so they had to set them up wisely to reach the other side. What I like about this moat was that there were different ways the contestants could arrange their planks. Derrick and Whitney on the Red Jaguars placed their planks further apart. It was a close moat and it made you wonder what four teams will make it across. This was a great moat to start the episode off.
LEGEND: 9/10

The legend tells about the governor of Jamestown, Captain John Smith, getting captured by Algonquian Indians. The leader of the Indian tribe, Chief Powhatan, wanted to crush Captain John Smith with a hammer. But then, the Chief's daughter, Pocahontas, arrives at the scene and demands her father not to kill Smith. A romance then blossoms between John Smith and Pocahontas, in which she informs Smith of dangers that attack Jamestown. However, some English whore had a crush on Captain John Smith too. So when Smith was called back to England and wrote a love letter to Pocahontas. But the English whore lied to Pocahontas and told her that John Smith had died

You might be familiar with the "Pocahontas" story via the Disney film. This story was the more historically accurate version of it. So if you are not familiar with it, then it is indeed an interesting watch. Nothing to complain about the legend and I like how they chose Pocahontas and Captain John Smith to talk about.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 7/10

The Steps of Knowledge were filled with a smart group of kids. There was not a single wrong answer and we even get some answers correct before Olmec has a chance to finish. It was a quick Steps of Knowledge round and all of the questions pertained to the legend. Nothing really bad to say about the Steps this time.

TEMPLE GAMES: 6/10

This temple game round had an interesting set of temple games. In the first temple game, the guys had to cross to the other side by a use of a boat. Once they were on the other side, they had to plant their flag onto Jamestown. Once they were done, they had to then pull the boat back on the other side via a rope. It was an interesting idea for a temple game. My only problem with it was the silly rule if the guys touch the ground, then they would be disqualified. What kind of silly rule was that? :roll:

The second game was one of my favorite temple games of season two. The girls had to climb a net and break open the cubby holes to find stalks of corn. Each cubby hole had a different size and amount of bananas. Once they had a stalk of corn, then they had to place it on the scale. At the end, the player with the heaviest set of corn won. This was a creative temple game and I am not sure why they didn't use it much in season two.

The last team game had one player climbing the wall and placing balls flung by their other partner on different locations like Jamestown and Windsor, as mentioned in the legend. This temple game came down to the wire and both teams were so close to winning. In the end we get a tiebreaker with the Red Jaguars winning!

TEMPLE RUN: 4.5/10

If you have watched temple runs where the artifact is in the Dark Forest, you should know that the outcome will always be disappointing. This temple run is not any different, although it wasn't that huge of a disaster either. Derrick didn't last long in the temple and he moved at about an average speed. Whitney was slower than Derrick, but she also had to face Medusa's Lair with four snakes. We all remember "The Stone Head of the Evil King" for Tony having to put four snakes into Medusa's head. Whitney had to do the same thing. Unlike Tony though, Whitney didn't struggle as much, although it still consumed a lot of her time to do so. After completing Medusa's Lair and the King's Storeroom, it looks like Whitney could possibly make a last second grab for the Lost Love Letter! But her run ends in the Shrine due to having only a half-pendant.

She should've noticed the semi-obvious half-pendant. I am not sure though it would've done this team any good. In the end, there is not much to talk about this temple run. It was just average with a disappointing outcome.

FINAL VERDICT: 6.6/10

This is one those episodes where every round is decent except for the temple run. I severely underrated this episode and I enjoyed it. The legend was great and featured a historical figure who we mostly know through a Disney movie. I remember back in the day was intrigued by this legend when I first watched it as I didn't know much about Captain John Smith or Pocahontas outside of the Disney movie. The Steps featured a smart group of kids too. I like the unique set of temple games used and they were more creative than certain season two episodes. The only downside of this episode is the temple run. It is not very exciting and the outcome is pretty disappointing. Not a total fail, but it does bring the episode's score down a little bit. Overall, I enjoyed this episode.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:40:13 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 02:06:38 AM »
I also added a feature on the very first post that contains a list of all the episodes in the series. The episodes that are scratched out are ones that I have already completed. The ones that are bolded and colored are the ones that I expect to review next. In this case, I want to do Cobra Staff, Nostradamus, and Egyptian King next in that order. ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 02:26:26 AM »
"But the English whore lied to Pocahontas an...." What? :P

And wow, Captain John Smith got a better ranking than I expected. :o I also liked the moat on this day. It wasn't too easy, but then it wasn't too hard either. It was MUCH better than the "shaky log" moat they used on the following filming day. I also remember liking the legend to this episode as well. The whole story between John Smith and Pocahontas was very interesting. Especially the part where Pocahontas' love letter got thrown away and was told John Smith had died. Pretty low thing to do, huh? :roll: The temple games were a pretty close round, and it did come down to a tiebreaker. The temple run is just plain average, and nothing really stands out. And Whitney really should have been able to spot that half pendant. It was so easy to see on that inactive actuator, but with only 26 seconds or so remaining, I doubt she would have grabbed it in time.

Overall, while it's MUCH better than that atrocious Snow Cone episode, Captain John Smith was still pretty boring. The legend was interesting, and the temple games had an interesting sequence, but nothing else stood out. On a more off topic note, don't you think Whitney kind of looks like Jessie Spano/Elizabeth Berkley from "Saved by the Bell?" I don't know if I'm alone on this, but the poofy hair, the eyebrows, etc. I sort of see the resemblance. And I know, I've been noticing a lot of these celebrity lookalikes lately. ;)

EDIT: And nice touch on your new "feature" in the OP too. But I thought you were going to do Blue Pearl next?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:27:58 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »
Oops, I forgot to finish the legend because I made a mistake somewhere else. Thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it. ;)

And yeah, the story between Captain John Smith and Pocahontas was more depressing that what we are use to. But then again, that is the "historically accurate" version so it is not made out to be a fairy tale as much. But that English whore though was a bitch for throwing away the Love Letter. Other than that, I enjoyed the unique rounds of this episode. Although they weren't very exciting or memorable though. And I agree, Whitney should've saw that half-pendant. I have seen people defend her because "one wouldn't expect to look at a deactivated actuator". But the actuator was right next to the door and you can see it hanging down during her temple run. Hell, I saw it my first time through. Not that it mattered because with only 26 seconds she MIGHT have had a close encounter with the Lost Love Letter. It might've been a "Charles Lindbergh" type ending, but with less fail though. ;)

And right when you mentioned Whitney looking like Jessie, the eyebrow comparison came to mind. :o Whitney did have some fuzzy eyebrows. Not like Gabby from "Golden Ship" but still they were pretty fuzzy. As for the hair, that was the style back then, so I can let that one pass. :P And didn't Derrick have a crush on Whitney?

As for the "Blue Pearl" episode, I figured since I am doing "Cobra Staff" next, I will save that one for the future. Just so I don't review all the good episodes first and get stuck with garbage like Alhambra, Amelia Earhart, Bifocal Monocle, Grandy Nanny, and Enormous Feather all at once down the road. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
Its been a while since I have posted another episode, but I am almost done with "King Tut's Cobra Staff". I want to post within the next hour. Once I get out of school in a week, I want to aim for an episode a day.  :!:

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »
The second game was one of my favorite temple games of season two. The girls had to climb a net and break open the cubby holes to find stalks of corn. Each cubby hole had a different size and amount of bananas. Once they had a stalk of corn, then they had to place it on the scale. At the end, the player with the heaviest set of corn won. This was a creative temple game and I am not sure why they didn't use it much in season two.

I'm pretty sure that if the teams were in search of corn, then the cubby holes would not have contained different sizes and amounts of bananas.   ;)  But I'm sure that would have made for a creative temple game that most definitely should have been used more in season two.   ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »
I am thinking about bringing this back from th dead. I want to continue it and try to review more episodes. I am half-way done with "King Tut", so I think I will finish that up and post it. ;)

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2013, 12:00:18 AM »
Thanks for doing all these rankings!!! :D

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:47 PM »
It's been a while since I reviewed an episode, but I finally finished by review for "King Tut's Cobra Staff". :P I am going to try and rank more episodes now since I have a little more free time. ;)

KING TUT'S COBRA STAFF

MOAT: 5/10

In this moat, the first player had to cross the moat by using a rope to get to the other side. Once they got to the other side, then they had to throw an innertube to their partner, who would then will have to pull themselves to the other side and could clock into the next round. It was a pretty uninspiring moat if you ask me, but I guess it is better than what most of S1 had to offer. Plus, it wasn't easy being the first player to cross the moat with the rope overhead AND then turn around and throw the innertube to their partner. It took quite some time in order for the four teams to cross the moat. The players seemed to have a hard time throwing the innertube across the moat. But you can't blame them because that was no easy task and those innertubes were hard to throw. What I found most pathetic about this moat was that NEITHER player on the Green Monkeys or Orange Iguanas could get the first player across the moat even after four teams crossed the moat. -_-
LEGEND: 8/10

This legend tells about a famous archaeologist named Howard Carter who entered King Tut's tomb. Before entering King Tut's tomb, there was a warning that heeded that "any person who disturbs the King's resting place must die". While searching King Tut's tomb, Carter found a room filled with gold and other treasures worth millions of dollars. Carter's men began taking the treasures and eventually some of them die later on with mysterious deaths like Malaria and pneumonia. Rumor goes that Carter brought this death upon his men from entering King Tut's tomb. But the other part of the rumor was that someone stole King Tut's Cobra Staff and caused the curse to take place.

I found this legend to be pretty interesting and different from the other legends on this show. It wasn't too often that the show mentioned death a lot in their legends. But this legend talked a lot about death and it had a very serious tone to it. The one part I don't understand though is what does the Cobra Staff have to do with King Tut? All it talks about was that one of Carter's men stole the Cobra Staff, and that is what brought the curse. No backstory on the Cobra Staff? It would've made the legend a little more interesting...

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 8/10

This was a good Steps of Knowledge round. You can tell that these kids came out and were ready to answer some questions. Every question that Olmec asked had almost all of the teams attempting to answer them. The questions that were asked to the questions seemed a little too easy if you ask me, but at least they were relevant to the legend.

TEMPLE GAMES: 9/10

This was probably one of the best temple game rounds of Season 1. The temple games used were very creative and not the same old crap that seemed to be used in almost every single episode.

The first temple game was one of the more overused temple games on the show. It had the two players climbing up a wall in order to place bricks onto the top and climb down and repeat the same thing over and over again. It was a close match, but the Purple Parrots won the first game in the end due to the Blue Barracuda boy knocking down the brick off his head.

The second temple game was one my favorite temple games of Season 1 that involved the dragon tunnel. In this game, the players had to push a boulder through the dragon tunnel and repeat this process for three times total. I always enjoyed the dragon tunnels games, in this one was no exception. The Purple Parrots kind of struggled though in this temple game and the Blue Barracuda girl was pretty much dominating David. In the end, the Blue Barracudas win the second game.

The last temple game was one of the most unique temple games used on the show. In fact, it was only used in one other episode - "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl". In this temple game, the players had to work together as a team to wrap their partner in a sheet similar to a mummy. And once that partner is wrapped in a sheet, then the other player had to wrap themselves up again before the other team finished. In this temple game, the Purple Parrots dominated and finished pretty quick. That gave them 1.5-0.5 temple score and good enough to send them off to the temple.

TEMPLE RUN: 7/10

This episode marks the second and last time that the Purple Parrots make it to the temple in season one. Unlike the "Oracle Bowl" temple run though, this one wasn't too big of a fail. Candace was a pretty confused contestant in the temple. Starting off in the Room of the Royal Gongs, she was looking for actuators in random places in the room! Once she figures out the Royal Gong objectives, then it looks like Eusinia is starting to get her head together. But then she descends the entire temple shaft and all the way down into the Throne Room. No doors opened towards the artifact, so Eusinia tries to head out through the Wheel Room. Of course, the rock slab is not up and we see a shot of her peering out through it! Eventually she gets taken out in the Shrine after her pretty "eventful" outing in the temple.

David was the opposite of Candace. He moved slow but he knew what he was doing in the temple. He moves slowly all the way to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, where he grabs the Cobra Staff at the last second. This temple run would've been a win if Eusinia wasn't so stupid at the beginning of her run. Other than that though, this temple run was pretty exciting and it was pretty interesting to see how the Purple Parrot players shared opposite traits in the temple.

FINAL VERDICT: 7.4/10
This was a good episode and definitely one of the better Season 1 episodes on the show. The Purple Parrots only had two temple appearances in S1, but this one did them better justice than "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi". I thought the legend was interesting and I like the morbid and serious tone to it. The temple run was also pretty decent and both players had different traits that complemented them well in the temple. But the best part of this episode is the temple game round. I liked the choice of temple games used in this episode and felt that this was one of the best temple game rounds in S1. Too bad that the producers didn't believe in using different temple games more often like the mummy wrapping one. I will take that any day over the lame water slide one.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:50:36 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »
It's been a while since I reviewed an episode, but I finally finished by review for "King Tut's Cobra Staff". :P I am going to try and rank more episodes now since I have a little more free time. ;)

KING TUT'S COBRA STAFF

MOAT: 5/10

In this moat, the first player had to cross the moat by using a rope to get to the other side. Once they got to the other side, then they had to throw an innertube to their partner, who would then will have to pull themselves to the other side and could clock into the next round. It was a pretty uninspiring moat if you ask me, but I guess it is better than what most of S1 had to offer. Plus, it wasn't easy being the first player to cross the moat with the rope overhead AND then turn around and throw the innertube to their partner. It took quite some time in order for the four teams to cross the moat. The players seemed to have a hard time throwing the innertube across the moat. But you can't blame them because that was no easy task and those innertubes were hard to throw. What I found most pathetic about this moat was that NEITHER player on the Green Monkeys or Orange Iguanas could get the first player across the moat even after four teams crossed the moat. -_-
LEGEND: 8/10

This legend tells about a famous archaeologist named Howard Carter who entered King Tut's tomb. Before entering King Tut's tomb, there was a warning that heeded that "any person who disturbs the King's resting place must die". While searching King Tut's tomb, Carter found a room filled with gold and other treasures worth millions of dollars. Carter's men began taking the treasures and eventually some of them die later on with mysterious deaths like Malaria and pneumonia. Rumor goes that Carter brought this death upon his men from entering King Tut's tomb. But the other part of the rumor was that someone stole King Tut's Cobra Staff and caused the curse to take place.

I found this legend to be pretty interesting and different from the other legends on this show. It wasn't too often that the show mentioned death a lot in their legends. But this legend talked a lot about death and it had a very serious tone to it. The one part I don't understand though is what does the Cobra Staff have to do with King Tut? All it talks about was that one of Carter's men stole the Cobra Staff, and that is what brought the curse. No backstory on the Cobra Staff? It would've made the legend a little more interesting...

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 8/10

This was a good Steps of Knowledge round. You can tell that these kids came out and were ready to answer some questions. Every question that Olmec asked had almost all of the teams attempting to answer them. The questions that were asked to the questions seemed a little too easy if you ask me, but at least they were relevant to the legend.

TEMPLE GAMES: 9/10

This was probably one of the best temple game rounds of Season 1. The temple games used were very creative and not the same old crap that seemed to be used in almost every single episode.

The first temple game was one of the more overused temple games on the show. It had the two players climbing up a wall in order to place bricks onto the top and climb down and repeat the same thing over and over again. It was a close match, but the Purple Parrots won the first game in the end due to the Blue Barracuda boy knocking down the brick off his head.

The second temple game was one my favorite temple games of Season 1 that involved the dragon tunnel. In this game, the players had to push a boulder through the dragon tunnel and repeat this process for three times total. I always enjoyed the dragon tunnels games, in this one was no exception. The Purple Parrots kind of struggled though in this temple game and the Blue Barracuda girl was pretty much dominating David. In the end, the Blue Barracudas win the second game.

The last temple game was one of the most unique temple games used on the show. In fact, it was only used in one other episode - "The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl". In this temple game, the players had to work together as a team to wrap their partner in a sheet similar to a mummy. And once that partner is wrapped in a sheet, then the other player had to wrap themselves up again before the other team finished. In this temple game, the Purple Parrots dominated and finished pretty quick. That gave them 1.5-0.5 temple score and good enough to send them off to the temple.

TEMPLE RUN: 7/10

This episode marks the second and last time that the Purple Parrots make it to the temple in season one. Unlike the "Oracle Bowl" temple run though, this one wasn't too big of a fail. Candace was a pretty confused contestant in the temple. Starting off in the Room of the Royal Gongs, she was looking for actuators in random places in the room! Once she figures out the Royal Gong objectives, then it looks like Eusinia is starting to get her head together. But then she descends the entire temple shaft and all the way down into the Throne Room. No doors opened towards the artifact, so Eusinia tries to head out through the Wheel Room. Of course, the rock slab is not up and we see a shot of her peering out through it! Eventually she gets taken out in the Shrine after her pretty "eventful" outing in the temple.

David was the opposite of Candace.He moved slow but he knew what he was doing in the temple. He moves slowly all the way to the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, where he grabs the Cobra Staff at the last second. This temple run would've been a win if Eusinia wasn't so stupid at the beginning of her run. Other than that though, this temple run was pretty exciting and it was pretty interesting to see how the Purple Parrot players shared opposite traits in the temple.

FINAL VERDICT: 7.4/10
This was a good episode and definitely one of the better Season 1 episodes on the show. The Purple Parrots only had two temple appearances in S1, but this one did them better justice than "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi". I thought the legend was interesting and I like the morbid and serious tone to it. The temple run was also pretty decent and both players had different traits that complemented them well in the temple. But the best part of this episode is the temple game round. I liked the choice of temple games used in this episode and felt that this was one of the best temple game rounds in S1. Too bad that the producers didn't believe in using different temple games more often like the mummy wrapping one. I will take that any day over the lame water slide one.

Eusinia not Candace Mr. Fogg Up God ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:15:07 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:20 PM »
Yeah, you might want to go back and fix that. ;)

As for the episode itself, it was definitely one of the more exciting episodes of Season 1. And a huge improvement over Oracle Bowl.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »
Since we were talking about it in the other thread, I want to take a stab at the Enormous Feather episode next. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2013, 01:11:29 AM »
It's been a while since I have touched this thread, but I wanted to rank some more of the episodes on the show. And since GM1 has been ranking all of the Legends episodes on the show, I thought it would be interesting to review some of the episodes he has covered to see where they stand. Since I have had this episode review for a while on my computer, I want to include my write-up for "John Henry's Lost Hammer".

I think I want to try and bring this topic back again,

JOHN HENRY'S LOST HAMMER

MOAT: 4/10

The moat used in this episode was pretty tricky compared to the later production day moats in S1. The first player had to paddle the board across the moat while the second player had to stand on top of the paddle boat and cross by using the rope over their heads to pull themselves forward. An unexpected event happened in the moat where the Green Monkey girl crossed improperly because she hung onto her paddle board while crossing. She was not suppose to touch the board with her hands. As a result, the Green Monkeys were disqualified for cheating and were replaced by the Blue Barracudas. The reason this moat got such a low score due to this event right here. It made the production crew look a little incompetent with Kirk announcing the disqualification of the Green Monkeys. Couldn't they have edited the moat instead of showing this? It looked so unprofessional. Other than that, this moat was pretty average. Also, the Blue Barracuda team that didn't make it across were the same team to appear later in "John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine".  :mrblue:

LEGEND: 7/10

The legend of this episode talks about an African American Railroad worker by the name of John Henry. He was very skilled with his hammer and one day was engaged by foreman into a competition with a steam drill. The challenge was whether John Henry could drill deeper than the steam drill. In the end, John Henry was successful and drilled deeper than the steam driller. He was celebrated by the other railroad workers where they retired his hammer.

This legend was pretty interesting and was actually very historically accurate. John Henry in real life was known as the "steel driving man", and is often depicted with his hammer too. This is one of the few episodes where the producers actually don't try to add a spin about a historical figure. Too bad more legends couldn't have kept their original roots like they did with this episode.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 5/10

The questions asked from this episode pretty much details taken from the legend or related to the railroads in some way. The Steps of Knowledge though kind of lacked any enthusiasm from any of the teams. The Orange Iguanas even swept the temple games and stood there like nothing happened. There was not much competition either during the Steps. It was basically the Orange Iguanas and Silver Snakes answering. Although the Silver Snakes got an unlucky break on the first question asked. Billy technically got the answer right about John Henry being known as a "Ghandy Dancer", but he mispronounced the first word a little bit. Knowing how strict the S1 producers were, they didn't count his answer as correct. If this was any other season though, Billy would've gotten away with it. Oh well, the Silver Snakes still went onto the temple games.

TEMPLE GAMES: 6/10
The temple games in this episode featured some of the most common temple games used in Season 1. The competition though was pretty decent though, but the Silver Snakes were more consistently dominant than the Orange Iguanas. But there is nothing that sticks out too much about this temple game round. No bad performances or exciting moments.

Temple Game #1 - Escape the Tunnel

In this temple game, Kim and the Orange Iguana boy had to travel through the dragon tunnel that is filled with rubble and rocks. The players had to travel through one side of the tunnel and come back around to the other side of it. The competition was very close in this temple game, but Kim beat the Orange Iguana boy by a couple of seconds. Kirk's commentary in this temple game though was pretty laughable. He compared the player's performance with a "swim meet".  :roll:

Temple Game #2 - Building Railroad Tunnels

In the second temple game, Billy and the Orange Iguana girl had to climb to the top of the shaft with a bucket in their hand. Inside of their buckets, they had to place rocks inside of it and drag the bucket with rocks to the top. They then had to put the rocks at the top of the shaft and come back down for more. This was a pretty unique temple game compared to the other variations of this game used. Billy smoked the Orange Iguana girl and gave the Silver Snakes one pendant heading into the final team game.

Temple Game #3 - Building a Railroad

The final temple game had the teams collecting hammers from their partner in order to build a railroad. One player had to place a hammer on their head and crawl towards their partner. The ground was slippery though for each of the players and had to use their upper strength in order to reach their partners. Their partners had to grab the hammer of their head and place it into their team bucket. The teams kind of struggled in this temple game and it came down to a tie. But with two full pendants, the Silver Snakes won the rights to go onto the temple.

TEMPLE RUN: 2/10

If you are a big Legends fan, you know how infamous this temple run is. This was one of the worst temple runs on the show and it was all thanks to one player - Kim. Now you think after an entire episode where the Silver Snakes were pretty dominant, you are hyped up for a good temple run, right? The very opposite is going to happen here. When Kim enters the Wall Climb, she has trouble trying to figure where to go next because she doesn't know how to open any of the doors. Out of 240 contestants that entered the temple, Kim was the only that did not know how to press an actuator. Really? The button is right next to the door! Even Sabrina and the Cricket Cage crew knew what an actuator looked like. After being repeatedly yelled at by Kirk and Billy, Kim finally figures out how to press the button to the Heart Room. Unfortunately, the moment she entered the Heart Room, she is still confused on how to open the doors. It was so bad that the producers even sent out a mercy guard to end this miserable attempt.

Thankfully, she gets removed from the Throne Room. Billy only has a little over a minute to work with in the temple, but he makes a time consuming mistake himself by wasting time trying to climb the ever so useless webbing in the Spider's Lair. He eventually gives up though realizing the webbing is too thin to even climb. His time ended in the Torch Room, where he finished two rooms away from the artifact. This temple run was a pretty big disaster, but what saved it from getting a 1 was Billy. Otherwise, this temple run will most likely receive a few facepalms from you!

FINAL VERDICT: 4.8/10
This episode was pretty average up until the temple run. The Silver Snakes were a decent team up until they reached the temple. The temple run brings this episode down a lot. It's amazing how Kim took stupidity to a whole new level. Legends had plenty of dumb contestants, but Kim was one of the worst offenders of them all because she was the only one that did not know how to press a button. Even if the temple run did not suck so bad, this episode would probably rank in the middle of the pack with the other average and boring episodes. My recommendation would be to watch this episode only one time and add it to your "don't watch again" list because there is nothing really good or notable about this episode. This is episode is not a HUGE disaster, but still not worth your time.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »
Ah, Lost Hammer. The episode that wouldn't stop following you. :P Based on your rankings of this episode, it seemed like a pretty average episode until the temple. It was there when Kim failed.... miserably. Did she really not know what an actuator looked like?! Seriously?! The only logical theory I can come up with is that Kim saw the doors opened in the Wall Climb while the teams toured the temple pre temple games. And she thought they were supposed to stay open all temple run. But even then, that's just inexcusable. Even though Billy had 1:20 to make up for Kim's incompetence, victory was impossible thanks to Kim. I've only seen this full episode twice, and I really don't bother watching at all thanks to Kim.

Oh well, great to see this thread get revived again. Any episodes in particular you want to do next? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2013, 01:31:45 AM »
Yes, hopefully I can get away from this episode for good now!  :P Yeah, it was a pretty average episode until the dreaded temple run. And that sounds like the most logical reason why Kim didn't know how to open the Wall Climb door either. But the actuator for the door was right next to it. How did she not notice it? And everyone was shouting at her to press, and she still couldn't figure it out. Poor Nick also, Kim never gave him a chance to prove much. I know he gets a lot of slack for climbing the Spider's Lair webbing, but I actually overlook this because his mistake was nothing on what Kim did. And he made it pretty far in the time that he was given. This is one of the worst temple runs on the show, only saved by Billy.

I think I want to try Red Sash next. It's the last episode I remember watching recently for my player rankings and it was a pretty good episode. Also, we are ranking that soon in the Legends episode thread. So will I will probably try that one.  :mrblue: