Author Topic: Legends Episode Ranking System - COMPLETE  (Read 41008 times)

Online GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: Legends Episode Ranking System
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
The other 3 that could get a perfect temple run rating would be Pirate Captain, Emiliano Zapata, and Lawrence of Arabia.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
The other 3 that could get a perfect temple run rating would be Pirate Captain, Emiliano Zapata, and Lawrence of Arabia.

Pirate Captain? Yes.

Lawrence of Arabia? Maybe, but probably not.

Emiliano Zapata? No.

Just my opinions.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »
Well, the three other temple runs that I had in mind that deserve perfect temple run ratings were Pirate Captain, Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, and Annie Taylor. The reasoning behind those can be saved for a later review. ;)  :mrgreen: :mrblue:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »
I decided on my next task. Its going to be "The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan". Maybe I will have it up by tonight.  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
You're seriously gonna do Cricket Cage? Instead of using random number generator to pick another episode. Good luck I guess.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »
Well, I was going to have to do it eventually so I thought I might as well get it out of the way. Also, I am curious to see how bad this episode truly ranks.  :oops:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
Here it is... the dreaded "Cricket Cage" episode. Read at your own risk.  :oops:

THE GOLDEN CRICKET CAGE OF KHAN

MOAT: 4/10

The "Aztec Footboard" moat. This was one of the more challenging moats in season one where the second player had to cross the moat while riding the "Aztec" board. If they fell in, then the player had to go back to the start. This is one of those moats where you wait forever for the last team to get across the moat. And how the hell were John and Tia the first team across the moat? :roll:

LEGEND: 2.5/10

All the legend for this episode talks about is how Marco Polo traveled to China and stumbled across Kublai Khan. Khan was impressed by Polo's bravery while Polo was impressed by Khan's court. Then Kublai Khan gives Polo a Golden Cricket Cage, which eventually gets stolen when Polo gets back to Venice. So yeah, that is all what the legend was about. No back story behind the Cricket Cage, just some random treasure that Khan gave to Marco Polo.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 3.5/10

Wow, this episode is trying very hard to be abysmal. I wonder if any of these kids were attentive at all during the legend. In one instant, both John of the Silver Snakes and the Blue Barracudas gave the same incorrect answer. Also, John and Tia must've had a really bad ADD problem because they kept moving and fidgeting every five seconds. :roll:
TEMPLE GAMES: 5/10

If there is anything redeeming about this pitiful episode, it was the temple game. Surprisingly, the temple games were pretty competitive. In the first temple game, the Purple Parrot girl and John had to travel through a Dragon Tunnel and bring the sheet covering it out at the other end. It was neck and neck for this temple game, but the Purple Parrot girl won.

The second temple game had the teams climbing up in the Shaft-type game where they had to put crickets at the top. This one ended in a tie.

While the first two temple games were competitive, the team temple game was just pathetic. Both teams struggled to try and reach their partner. It was so bad that John kept falling back when trying to pull himself up to his partner. The Silver Snakes eventually won this one though. Now that the temple games are over with, brace yourself for the biggest Legends fail on the entire show... :oops:
TEMPLE RUN: 1/10

This temple run is famous among the Legends fanbase, and certainly not for good reasons either. Why? Well if you haven't watched yet, go find out for yourself. There is literally nothing redeeming about this temple run. Both players only went through four rooms in 3 minutes. How truly pathetic were these two in the temple? There are a lot of bad temple runs on the show, but these two took stupidity to a new level. The temple run is so bad that its comical. You will probably watch it again just because its so awful. I think The Mandarin Hand summed up this temple run perfectly, "...this is easily the worst Temple Run of the series.   Anyone who questions that is as retarded as John and Tia were."

FINAL VERDICT: 3.2/10
This episode is a flat out steaming pile of crap. There is not a single redeeming thing about this episode. The producers should've done Legends fans a favor and just burn this episode from existence instead of putting it out there. You won't miss anything if you choose to not watch this episode. Actually, you should watch the temple run at least because it is so bad that it is comical. I am surprised that I even reviewed this crap. But since I am doing all Legends episodes anyways, I might as well have got this out of the way. Good riddance!  :oops:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:55:05 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 01:38:12 AM »
Hah, I remember TMH's episode summary on the Golden Cricket Cage run. And the above quote was my favorite part about it. :lol: It was also noted that John was apparently a contestant on Get the Picture. And he was, "equally as unintelligent there."

And wow, Cricket Cage was a worse EPISODE than we thought. Only a 3.2 for an average? Damn, and how John and Tia even won the temple games is beyond me. They just got lucky in their third game, though it's not like either team was impressive there either. But even then, the Purple Parrots FOR SURE should have gone to the temple. Even if they wouldn't have been fast, they would have done a MUCH better job than John and Tia would have. I knew you were gonna review this episode sooner or later. Since you just love to talk about them all the time. ;) Also, notice how John keeps making those strange poses all episode? Only to fail miserably in the temple. I've only seen the entire episode once, and I intend to never, ever watch the episode (or temple run) ever again. When I watch Legends episodes on YouTube, that's the one I will always skip over. Along with a bunch of other episodes I refuse to watch due to how utterly bad the episodes are. Maybe the next episode you review will get a better ranking. You may want to go back to random number generator on that one.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
His whole review for "Golden Cricket Cage" is a classic. Another favorite line from that review is "You thought the girl from Blackbeard's Treasure Map was mentally challenged?". :lol:

And there is no doubt in my mind that any team would've done better than John and Tia. Even Sabrina covered more rooms than both of these losers did. And yeah, John's poses were pretty tiresome by the time the temple games came around. I like how TMH mentions he acts like he ran a marathon at the end of his temple run. Even though the episode is so awful, you have to admit that you go back and watch the temple run from time to time since its so bad that it is funny. In the end though, you won't miss a single thing if you don't watch this episode or temple run.

And I agree with the notion of using RNG again. Now that I got this suckfest out of the way, it might not be too bad.  :mrpurple:

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 01:45:36 PM »
Jon may very well have been on Guts, too, if just going off of how terribly "he" did. Seriously, it's a miracle "he" made it up the crag:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
I don't think that is the same as the "Cricket Cage" John. In "Cricket Cage", John said that he was 13 years old. The one in the Guts video was still in elementary school, and that episode of Guts was definitely set a year after "Cricket Cage" so I don't think a 14-year old would be still in elementary school. Unless he was really that dumb.  :o

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »
Nickelodeon Guts had four seasons, airing over 4 years (1992-1996). Since 11-year-old Jon's episode was a one from Season Two, I'd guess that it would have been taped in the second year, 1993. That happens to be the same year 13-year-old Jon's "Cricket Cage" episode of Legends was taped. Seeing as how the two shows were taped in the same year but the contestants had different ages, it would be physically impossible for the two Jons to be one and the same.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 03:25:05 PM »
That's definitely not Jon. The Jon in the Guts video was 11 years old, and the Jon on Legends was 13. If this takes place during Season 2 Guts, that means this had to have been taped around 1993, like PP4L stated. Furthermore, TMH even stated (on this forum, not his site) that the Jon on Get the Picture was "a goony kid wearing glasses." The Jon in the Guts video is not wearing glasses. Even though it's not too uncommon for a Guts contestant to NOT wear glasses. And in his "get to know the players" section, it says he was class president. Even though we don't know these Legends players personally, I doubt the Jon on Legends would be the class president type.

With that said, I would like to see Jon's episode on Get the Picture, if THAT Jon was truly him. Just to see how bad he was. :lol:

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:01 PM »
There was, however, at least one Legends contestant who appeared on Guts- Ty from "The Lucky Medallion of Atocha":

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

Definitely looks like him.