Author Topic: Legends Episode Ranking System - COMPLETE  (Read 31989 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Episode Ranking System
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:25 PM »
RNG says:

Episode 66 would be "The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask". I don't remember much about this episode, but I am hoping it is more exciting than the "Spanish King" episode. But honestly, this has to be the most forgettable episode in the entire series. Who remembers it exists more than half of the time? :roll:

I know which one is my next project.  :mrblue:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »
Just one click on "Generate", correct? ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »
Of course, silly. ;) Its not like one would intentionally try and get an episode like "Iron Mask". If I want a really good episode, I would just go with "Pirate Captain" or "Annie Taylor". I just like mixing it up so I don't do all the good episodes or crappy ones at one time.  :mrred:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 11:52:40 PM »
Of course, silly. ;) Its not like one would intentionally try and get an episode like "Iron Mask". If I want a really good episode, I would just go with "Pirate Captain" or "Annie Taylor". I just like mixing it up so I don't do all the good episodes or crappy ones at one time.  :mrred:

Just checking. Wanted to check if you threw away one of your "favorite" episodes like Smashed Printing Plate. :mrred:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
Here is my next ranking for "The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask". I have to admit that I enjoy doing these rankings and its nice to go back and watch some of these old episodes.  :mrblue:

THE MASK OF THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK

MOAT: 6/10

Nothing exciting really happens in this moat. Most of the teams hit their gongs around the same interval. The moat itself for this episode was one of the better ones on the show and the teams didn't struggle too much compared to other season two moats. Notice that the Blue Barracudas gonged in first, this will be an ongoing theme for the rest of the episode with the Blue Barracudas dominating each round.
LEGEND: 9/10

Just reading the episode title makes you curious what the legend is about. The legend basically tells of the King of France having his face concealed with a giant Iron Mask. One day, one of his men (with a pathetic French accent -_-) comes in and gives him the key that unlocked the Iron Mask. When the mask came off, it was revealed that the Iron Mask belonged to the King of France's twin. A plot twist, huh? I have to admit that this legend was actually really good. It is one of those episodes where you want to hear the legend behind the artifact to understand it more. So I have to give props to the producers for having such a legend that pulled the viewer in.

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 8/10

The Steps for this episode was very close and it made you wonder what team would go onto the temple games. I always thought that the Red Jaguars would've gone to the temple games since the Red Jaguar boy was on fire, but the Blue Barracudas edged out at the last second. One highlight of this round is the enthusiasm on Justin and the Red Jaguar girls part.

TEMPLE GAMES: 6/10

This is one of those temple game rounds where you can tell after the first game that one team will suck badly. In the first temple game, the Green Monkey boy struggled to climb up the and kept sloppily dropping his Iron Masks. Danielle had some good rhythm though and won handily.

The second temple game was not any better than the first one and Justin dominated this one also. It was like the Blue Barracudas were on a whole different level than the Green Monkeys. The kids in this temple game had to collect  series of keys and place them into a bucket. One of Kirk's lines about this temple game was, "The key to the game is the key." Thank you Kirk, you are so clever. :roll:

And you guessed the theme of the final temple game... the Blue Barracudas won by a landslide and completed the ball shooting and wall climbing temple game under thirty seconds. That is the fastest I think I have ever seen this temple game completed. In the end, Blue shuts out the Green Monkeys in a dominating fashion.

TEMPLE RUN: 5.5/10

Just like the prior rounds to this episode, this is a temple run where you can watch it without having to cringe but you probably won't go back to watch it since its not really noteable. The players in this temple run moved at a decent speed, but it was the blunder at the beginning of the run that killed their chances. The frontrunner, Danielle, moved fast all the way to the Laser Light Room. Once she completed the objective though, both Medusa's Lair and the Swamp opened. She made the mistake of going into Medusa's Lair, and as a result, she met a deadend and a temple guard. The deadend was pretty brutal and she wasted too much time trying the inactive actuators in the room. By the time she was taken out in the Swamp, Justin followed her path at a slightly slower pace, but he knew what he was doing. The run ended one room away from the artifact and would've probably been a win if Danielle didn't go into Medusa's Lair. The only real highlight in this run though is Justin's head-first slide through the Mine Shaft wall. It was kind of pointless, but still pretty cool nevertheless. :lol:

FINAL VERDICT: 6.9/10

Just like "The Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd", this is one of those episodes you will watch one time but won't go back watching it again because its not very memorable or exciting. But this episode does indeed have some interesting features. I have to commend the producers for giving us an interesting artifact that makes you want to watch the episode to found out what it is about. The other rounds of this episode are just plain average, but they weren't too bad where you want to kill yourself at least. The other rounds have some sort of memorable moment like the Kirk Fogg line in the second temple games and Justin's head first slide during the temple run.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:59:22 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
Good review. Iron Mask, like you said, is just so forgettable. When and what will your next review be?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
I am thinking maybe possibly by tonight. I am enjoying doing this so far and this time I want to tackle a season one episode for sure. I am thinking "The Trojan Horseshoe". I think we all know the standout round from that episode. :lol:  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:06:40 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »
Yeah, the Steps of Knowledge. I mean, "an arch thing on your knees...." or however it went. Enough said. :lol:

Good review about Iron Mask. You were pretty much right on every point. The legend to me, was one of the best legends this show has ever seen. I'm pretty sure this was one of the few that was actually a true story. And a french accent huh? I guess the producers like to make everything as cliche as possible. :roll: The temple games were pretty one sided, it was so obvious the Barracudas were gonna sweep the temple games. But interesting temple game sequence where we see the rare "go from board to board" game. And we all know about the temple run. If Danielle hadn't set foot in Medusa's Lair, we could have had another "Tall Turban" type victory on our hands. Kind of a shame, but at least we got to see Justin's head first dive into the Mine Shaft.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 10:04:50 PM »
As promised, here is my ranking for "The Trojan Horseshoe". I am honestly surprised at the final ranking for this episode, but you should know why after reading it. Other than that, I enjoyed doing this once again.  :mrgreen:

THE TROJAN HORSESHOE

MOAT: 6/10

Season one had some moats that were ceative while other ones were pretty uninspiring. This one falls into the "uninspiring" one. The first player had to swim across the moat and tie their rope around the pole in the opposite end of the moat, while the second player had to cross the other side with the rope. Not a very challenging moat at all and the walking across the rope part was so flawed anyways because the contestants basically are walking across the bottom floor of the moat. It was close competition though, which is typical for such a lame moat in the first place.

LEGEND: 6.5/10

I am not going to even bring up the part on how this legend is historically inaccurate, but most people know about the legend in this episode neverthless. Basically, Paris the Prince of Troy was in love with Helen of the Greeks. Helen's Greek boyfriend launched a surprise attack on Troy via a wooden horse full of soldiers and the fighting goes on for 10 years. Seriously, that is all the legend talks about. You mean they couldn't have gone more in-depth? And why is the actress playing Helen look so goddamn ugly? And why is the artifact a Horseshoe if they used a wooden horse? Sounds like they rushed the episode plot to me. :roll:

STEPS OF KNOWLEDGE: 5/10

Wow, the steps for this episode was comical at best to describe it. Every team on the Steps got each answer wrong at least. Not only was that bad, but the Silver Snake boy got three answers wrong on top of that. The players were cutting Olmec off to the point that he was getting pissy and Kirk was getting impatient as well. The Silver Snake boy was hilarious and one of the answers to Olmec's questions was "Achilles tendon", and the Silver Snake boy points to the back of his heel as he was explaining his answer. :lol:

What save this round from getting a lower score was the fact that it was so bad that it was comical. Olmec's pissy tone coupled with the Silver Snake boys silly answer sure made this round memorable.

TEMPLE GAMES: 7/10

The temple games didn't feel very exciting for this episode. Kirk also sounded very unexcited too for a season one episode and had no enthusiasm at all. The first temple game saw the contestants "tearing down Troy" by climbing up a wall, putting bricks on their head, and scaling back down to place it in the bucket. Well, apparently the Silver Snake boy's incompetencce from the Steps carried over to the temple games because he dropped two of his breaks consecutively. :lol:

The second temple game was actually pretty good, even though it used one of the most overused temple games in season one. The players had to carry their wooden horses up a ramp while water gushes down from the top. The Silver Snake Girl and Shawn of the Green Monkeys were neck-and-neck when climbing up the slope and kept you on the edge of the seat on who will win. Eventually, the Silver Snake girl won by a hair but it was nail biter 'til the end.

The last temple game was also a close nail biter. In this temple game, the players had to climb up a pole and place a piece of "stone" onto another pole and had to keep alternating until they finished getting all of the pieces up. This one came down to the wire and it looked like the Silver Snakes would win, but Lucretia pulls out at the last second to pull off the victory.

TEMPLE RUN: 7/10

It was just your typical season one temple win where the team gets stuck with a moderate layout and nothing interesting happens. Here, both players moved at an average pace and I don't think there is anything noteworthy to point out. They didn't really make any big mistakes though and they passed through six rooms to reach the artifact. That is all I can really say about this temple run but it was still a well-deserved win at the end of the day.

FINAL VERDICT: 6.3/10
Wow, I am honestly surprised at the final score for this episode. I knew it wasn't some spectacular episode, but I never imagined that it would rank this low. But at the same time, I think the final ranking is kind of misleading. What brings the score down so much is the pathetic Steps of Knowledge and Legends. The Steps was just a flatout disaster where everything looked comical. But the temple games were decent at least and had a couple of nail biter temple games in there, especially the second temple game with the wooden horse. The temple run was just your typical season one where nothing stood out. But still, they earned it and it is worth a watch. I recommend this episode mostly for the temple win and temple games.

But you have to watch the Steps of Knowledge for this episode though. It is so bad that it is pretty comical, especially the answer the Silver Snake boy gives in response to the "achilles tendon". :lol:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:45:17 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »
Wow, only a 4.9? :o The only round I considered bad with the Steps, thanks to that Silver Snake boy. But other than that, the episode wasn't bad at all. I guess the Steps ruined the rating, and the fact that the rounds in general weren't too exciting. The temple run was alright, and the win was deserved. It just doesn't stand out as much as some of the other wins. Though how some people compare this win to "John Sutter" is beyond me.

Oh well, good rankings like always. Maybe the next episode you rank will have a higher score.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
I think I am going to go back and adjust some of the points for "The Trojan Horseshoe". 4.9 seems a little too slow for an episode that ended in a win. Sure, it wasn't very exciting or memorable, but I think that it deserves a better score. I might beef up the score for the Steps to a "4" or "5". Sure, it was filled with some bad answers, but it is so comical and memorable that it was worth the watch. :lol: And its not like the Steps were boring either, it was the opposite of that. I am definitely adjusting the score for this episode.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »
4.9 is definitely too low. I think a 6 or somewhere around there would be better.

I think you should go back to using the Random generator for picking episodes. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 02:15:39 PM »
Yeah, maybe a 4 or 5 for the Steps would help improve the score. Despite the bad round, it was still comical. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
I went back and readjusted the sore for some of the rounds of "The Trojan Horseshoe". I gave the Steps a 5/10 because as pathetic as it was, it was funny at the same time and its definitely worth to go back and watch to see how bad it is. :lol: And its not like it was boring or anything.

And I went with RNG for the next episode. It gave me the number 19, so it looks like "The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte" is the next one.  :oops: What a horrible episode from what I recall when I last watched it. It might even rank lower than the "Spanish King" episode.  :oops:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
I have a feeling this will be a low score   :oops: :oops: can we have a really good one soon like Apanuugpak?

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts