Poll

Which short-lived temple room would you have liked to see more of?

Bamboo Forest
2 (25%)
Room of Fallen Columns
0 (0%)
Treasury of the Golden Orbs
0 (0%)
Oberservatory - Celestial Lights
2 (25%)
Room of the Royal Gongs
0 (0%)
Lightning [Ball] Room
2 (25%)
Room of the Mandarin Hand
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Which short-lived temple room would you have liked to see more of?  (Read 150 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Which short-lived temple room on the show would you have liked to see more of. By short-lived, I mean a temple room that appeared in only one layout or at least less than ten episodes on the show.

For me, I would've loved to see more of the Room of the Mandarin Hand on the show. It was the perfect center of the temple room where it wasn't a waste of space (Heart Room), a dressed up Heart Room (Fallen Columns), challenging and broken (Medusa's Lair), or just too time consuming (Sacred Markers). It was one of those rooms that had all the right features without it being a sore thumb like the other rooms were.

Runner-up through for me was the Fallen Columns. While it was the Heart Room with cluttery columns, I would've taken this room in a heart beat over the Heart Room. At least it provided a challenge for the contestants. I don't know why it took until the last day of production for the producers to realize that the Heart Room was just a waste of space.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Which short-lived temple room would you have liked to see more of?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
I voted for "The Bamboo Forest." I know it's still a "hit the actuator" room, but I just thought that room was so neat. It was my favorite swamp area room, and it was only used for one layout. They could have used it for one more layout, if not the rest of the season.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »
Honestly, I would've loved to see five of these rooms make more appearances. The two that don't fit into that category are Celestial Lights and Royal Gongs.

That being said, I would've loved to see more of the Bamboo Forest the most. It was either this or the Golden Orbs for me. I didn't pick Golden Orbs because only one orb would open a door. If it was all three orbs, then the room would've been great. However, I loved the Bamboo Forest and it deserved more appearances. It's better than the stupid Swamp, that's for sure.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »
Included the Room of the Royal Gongs and Celestial Lights because they appeared in less than ten episodes. Although both rooms were just the Gargoyle Room and Sundial all over again respectively.

I agree, the Treasury of the Golden Orbs would've been better if different orbs worked for different pedestals. But then again, at least this room provided an objective. It was much better than the super lame Treasure Room. And yeah, the Bamboo Forest should've made more appearances too. Why was it only in one layout? At least it made it tougher for the contestants to traverse through, unlike the lame Swamp and Spider's Lair.