Poll

Best S2 Legends Contestant

Ty (The Lucky Medallion of Atocha)
1 (16.7%)
Missy (The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor)
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 16, 2012, 11:01:30 AM

Author Topic: Legends S2 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition  (Read 989 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends S2 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »
Olivia-Emma was fast, smart, knew what to do, and brought the Amulet out in about 35 seconds from the far left. The layout might have looked simplistic, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. She might've passed the half pendant and struggled to find the Amulet upon entering the Viper's Nest, but her overall performance overshadows those two mistakes. Besides, she didn't even need the half pendant and this wasn't the first time a winning effort saw a player struggle to find the item in the same room space: Taylor from The Helmet of Genghis Khan.

There, you happy now? I gave you my reasoning, now go eliminate Missy for no real reason. /sarcasm :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »
I don't understand why this run's "simplistic design" was "not necessarily a bad thing," while other runs are completely degraded by people on this site for going for the direct route and for having rather simplistic, straight-forward layouts (particularly in Season One and early in Season Two). I enjoy the Amulet run, but I don't see how such a disparity can exist between this run and the other "simplistic designs" without any scrutiny or questioning.

Also, why does Olivia-Emma's two mistakes get "overshadowed," while other people's few blunders are not given redemption? What allows certain errors to be forgiven, while others not? [For example, Jonathan (Battle Flag of William the Conqueror) may not have gotten a win in his run, but he at least grabbed the object. He successfully cleared six rooms, utilizing all of the shortcuts he was given access to. Yet, because he did not go to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers from the Room of the Ancient Warriors after trying the first armor, Jonathan is given much grief. To me, his one error was overshadowed by his great success in the rest of his run; however, that opinion does not bode the same in other people on this site.] Again, I'm not saying that your opinion is wrong; I just want to understand your line of reasoning.

And if you think I eliminate people for "no real reason" then you are sadly mistaken. Even if you disagree with my choices, I give more thorough and detailed explanations for my decisions than any other person engaging in this thread.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »
Personally, I think Olivia-Emma's place is fine or maybe one higher at least. She was fast and had the closest win on the show, but she also made a couple of potential mistakes like passing the half-pendant of life that was obvious and a couple of hesitancies that could've cost her. But really, all of these top 10 players were great and it is hard to rank them.

Kicking off the top five is Shem from "Henry Morgan". He was very fast and also had a ridiculous fast completion of the stone column in the Observatory. He also grabbed the Golden Earring in the last few seconds of the run, and it was was awesome to see him excited about even reaching it. But the remaining four contestants were temple run winners, and I thought they made it this far for one reason or another. Besides, the Room of the Mandarin Hand did open from the King's Storeroom for him. He could've had a close loss had he went straight into there from the King's Storeroom.

Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís)
Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)

5. Shem (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan)
6. Tony (The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid)
7. Olivia-Emma (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata)
8. Shane (The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba)
9. Chandra (The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley)
10. Matt (The Bonnet of Dolley Madison)
11. Carly (The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon)
12. Nick (The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh)
13. Ashley (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan)
14. Angela (The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed)
15. Kristen (The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl)
16. Justin (The Plumed Headdress of Cosa Rara)
17. Elizabeth (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)
18. Brandon (The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief)
19. Robert (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata)
20. Joel (The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe)
21. Justin (The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask)
22. Chris (Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed)
23. Michelle (Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin)
24. Ashlie (Bonnet of Dolly Madison)
25. James (Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
I really don't want to do this, but taking 4th place is Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís). While she was fun to watch, I feel that the other three remaining players were better than her and they made less mistakes.

Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)

4. Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:40 AM »

3. Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »
I really don't want to do this, but taking 4th place is Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís). While she was fun to watch, I feel that the other three remaining players were better than her and they made less mistakes.

Tarrah's mistake was heading the wrong way from the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Jason completed far fewer tasks than others in the remaining four. Missy wasted 10 seconds climbing up the wall in the Pit and spent a few too many seconds trying to find the key in the right-hand tree in the Dark Forest. Ty dropped his pendant and completed the Viper's Nest objective, which was unnecessary because the Mineshaft's elevator was already accessible.

Since I asked this before but did not get a response, I will ask again: What allows certain errors to be forgiven, while others not? What constitutes a mistake to be "overshadowed"?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »
We are at our final two, so I made the poll and it will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be revealed in that time span.

But in the meantime, off to season 3!  :mrred:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »

Tarrah's mistake was heading the wrong way from the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. Jason completed far fewer tasks than others in the remaining four. Missy wasted 10 seconds climbing up the wall in the Pit and spent a few too many seconds trying to find the key in the right-hand tree in the Dark Forest. Ty dropped his pendant and completed the Viper's Nest objective, which was unnecessary because the Mineshaft's elevator was already accessible.

Since I asked this before but did not get a response, I will ask again: What allows certain errors to be forgiven, while others not? What constitutes a mistake to be "overshadowed"?

And I'll ask this: Why are you taking this shit so seriously? You're acting like a troll and it needs to stop.

My answer to your question: Certain errors can be forgiven if it was an honest mistake, especially if it had no lasting effect on the overall outcome of the run. Errors can also be forgiven if a mistake was made at the start of the show (like Jennifer trying to sit on the Throne in Lost Gold Mine).

With Tarrah, she moved at an average pace. She also went the wrong way once and her Pit jump failed. Jason and the two remaining players didn't have many mistakes and they deserve to be in the top 3. That's why I gave Tarrah 4th.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »

And I'll ask this: Why are you taking this shit so seriously? You're acting like a troll and it needs to stop.

My answer to your question: Certain errors can be forgiven if it was an honest mistake, especially if it had no lasting effect on the overall outcome of the run. Errors can also be forgiven if a mistake was made at the start of the show (like Jennifer trying to sit on the Throne in Lost Gold Mine).

With Tarrah, she moved at an average pace. She also went the wrong way once and her Pit jump failed. Jason and the two remaining players didn't have many mistakes and they deserve to be in the top 3. That's why I gave Tarrah 4th.

The reason I taking this "seriously" is because I'd like to know how and why other people hold opinions different from my own. Unlike the way my "bad decisions" were treated, I try to understand what other people are thinking and why we may not see things the same way. I try to be as thorough and elaborate in my own explanations so that others can get a sense of where I'm coming from. I want to understand on what foundations people make their judgements and opinions, and I want to be as accurate as possible in my understanding of others opinions, especially when the two opinions do not agree. So what if I ask a lot of questions? That's my way of trying to understand where other people are coming from.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Look, its fine to agree or disagree with other people's votes. But we don't have to call other people a troll just because they share a different perspective then us. The whole ppint of this game is just for fun and at the same time talk about Legends. We can do this without having to drag ourselves into a debate that turns into name calling. At the end of the day, this final list is not some list that will be cast in stone and it will be used as a potential tournament down the road. I don't agree with some of these rankings either, but that is what makes these games fun because you don't know who will end up on one position. Or else it will be too predictable and anticlimactic all the time if the choices were always obvious. So please no more arguing and if you want to tell us how you feel, just so what me and PPF do at the end with our personal rankings. :mrchameleon:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:01:38 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »
Yeah, they're just opinions. We don't need to be over analytical and take everything so seriously. There are no "rules" on how to like a contestant and what to think of them. And no one is saying you can't like him or her. It's just a game. Some contestants I wanted ranked higher, and some contestants I wanted ranked lower. And other are either gonna agree with me, or disagree with me. I like contestants for different reasons. Just because two contestants have everything or nothing in common, doesn't mean we have to feel the same way about them. And I'm not bashing anyone or telling them they're wrong. In a few months from now, no one will even remember this game. And we won't be posting in this thread anymore. Let's just have fun and play this game, and not over think everything and get into the "politics" if you will, on these contestants.

Anyways, I'm gonna reveal my vote now. I voted for Missy from "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor." I thought she was a wonderful contestant, even if she didn't move as fast as the likes of Gator or Jarrid. And her emotion and excitement in the end added to the greatness of this run. Ty was a great player too, who had a very memorable beginning to his run. But I just liked Missy a little bit more. They're both great contestants, and I wouldn't have cared who won.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2012, 12:19:02 PM »
Looks like Missy did it! Two down one to go

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »
And it looks like Missy is our winner! I admit that I voted for Ty because I thought his temple performance was awesome and I loved how he was able to recover from dropping his pendant. I thought that this would've been a very close match-up, but it looks like Missy wins this in a landslide! But great choice though, Missy did an awesome job too and she did just a fine job despite not having a Jarrid and Jessica layout or Gator speed. Here are the final rankings:

1. Missy (The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor)
2. Ty (The Lucky Medallion of Atocha)
3. Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »
Here are my personal rankings:

1. Missy (The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor) (good)
2. Ty (The Lucky Medallion of Atocha) (good)
3. Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus) (one lower)
4. Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís) (one higher)
5. Shem (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan) (good)
6. Tony (The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid) (one lower)
7. Olivia-Emma (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata) (one higher)
8. Shane (The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba) (lower)
9. Chandra (The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley) (good)
10. Matt (The Bonnet of Dolley Madison) (switch with Nick from "Charles Lindbergh")
11. Carly (The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon) (good)
12. Nick (The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh) (switch with Matt from "Dolley Madison")
13. Ashley (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan) (one lower)
14. Angela (The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed) (one higher)
15. Kristen (The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl) (good)
16. Justin (The Plumed Headdress of Cosa Rara) (lower)
17. Elizabeth (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus) (good, maybe one higher)
18. Brandon (The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief) (good)
19. Robert (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata) (good)
20. Joel (The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe) (good)
21. Justin (The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask) (lower)
22. Chris (Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed) (one lower)
23. Michelle (Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin) (one higher)
24. Ashlie (Bonnet of Dolly Madison) (good)
25. James (Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale) (good)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »
My rankings are as follows:

1. Missy (The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor) (good)
2. Ty (The Lucky Medallion of Atocha) (good)
3. Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus) (one lower)
4. Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís) (one higher)
5. Shem (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan) (good)
6. Tony (The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid) (one lower)
7. Olivia-Emma (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata) (one higher)
8. Shane (The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba) (a little lower)
9. Chandra (The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley) (good)
10. Matt (The Bonnet of Dolley Madison) (lower)
11. Carly (The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon) (good)
12. Nick (The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh) (good)
13. Ashley (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan) (one lower)
14. Angela (The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed) (good)
15. Kristen (The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl) (good)
16. Justin (The Plumed Headdress of Cosa Rara) (good)
17. Elizabeth (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus) (good)
18. Brandon (The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief) (good)
19. Robert (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata) (good)
20. Joel (The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe) (good)
21. Justin (The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask) (good)
22. Chris (Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed) (one lower)
23. Michelle (Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin) (good)
24. Ashlie (Bonnet of Dolly Madison) (good)
25. James (Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale) (good)