Poll

Best S2 Legends Contestant

Ty (The Lucky Medallion of Atocha)
1 (16.7%)
Missy (The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor)
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 16, 2012, 11:01:30 AM

Author Topic: Legends S2 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition  (Read 1028 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends S2 Contestants Elimination Thread - Tournament Edition
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »
Yeah, it looks like some of the previous page eliminations made its way on the list. But I am going to update the list soon anyways, so no worries there. ;)

My first vote will get rid of Rachelle from "Attila the Hun". While she may have had bad luck with her layout, she really could've picked the pace up a little bit in certain rooms. There is no reason why some rooms had to take so much time to complete. Plus, she was is so forgettable and I hardly remember this episode and run.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
Tabitha from "Dr. Livingstone" goes next. She wasn't that fast, and she's just plain forgettable.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
My second elimination goes to Danielle (The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask). She might not have been bad, but she made the deadly mistake of entering the dead-end Medusa's Lair. Any chance of a win was killed with that move, plus she's forgettable.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »
Time for a big list update.

Monica from "Ivory Elephant" should go next. She wasted too much time in the Ledges, assembled the stone column in horrible fashion, and was just plain slow in the temple. Just a below average player that wasted too much time.

Paula (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Kendra (The Golden Stallion of Ali Baba)
Olivia-Emma (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata)
Michelle (The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin)
Missy (The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor)
Angela (The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed)
Emily (The Missing Eye of David)
Carly (The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon)
Chandra (The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley)
Kelly (The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid)
Ashlie (The Bonnet of Dolley Madison)
Ashley (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan)
Elizabeth (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)
Tarrah (The Milk Bucket of Freydís)
Kristen (The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl)
James (The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale)
Robert (The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata)
Brandon (The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief)
Josh (The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King)
Brett (The Diary of Dr. Livingstone)
Peter (The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin)
Joshua (The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora)
Ty (The Lucky Medallion of Atocha)
Chris (The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed)
Chris (The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman)
Benjamin (The Crown of Queen Nzinga)
Joel (The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe)
Brad (The Ivory Elephant of Scheherazade)
Justin (The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask)
Michael (The Missing Eye of David)
Justin (The Plumed Headdress of Cosa Rara)
Brian (The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoléon)
Shane (The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba)
Nick (The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley)
Tony (The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid)
Matt (The Bonnet of Dolley Madison)
Shem (The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan)
Chris (The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de' Medici)
Jason (The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus)
Nick (The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh)
Jim (The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
Michael (Missing Eye of David) had trouble with the puzzle in the Observatory and Medusa's snakes didn't trigger very quickly either. I think it's time for him to stop.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16:07 AM »
^ Bad elimination IMO.

Time for Jim (Priceless Portrait) to go. There's no doubt he looked like a great player, but he had the unfortunate luxury of being one of those players that lasted only three rooms. Because of that, it's time for him to go.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »
I don't think Michael is a bad elimination. I mean he lasted in the temple about as long as Jim and I don't even remember him anyways. Although I thought it was awesome how he pulled two books at once in the Crypt. :P

Benjamin from "Queen Nzinga" can go next. He only lasted four rooms in the temple, plus he didn't move that fast and wasn't great at all anyways.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
Well, I think Michael went too early because I thought he was fast, smart, and he lasted long enough to get a good idea of his skill in the temple. Not sure if he was top 15 material, but he was definitely a good player. I don't remember him struggling with the Observatory and Medusa's Lair was just Medusa's Lair with the error.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
Emily (Missing Eye of David) can join her partner in the eliminated contestants list. She missed the other half pendant, seemed confused in the Laser Light Room, and then got captured in the next room over (not that the temple guard actually stopped her). Since she didn't progress any farther, I can't assess if she was really a better contestant than I'm giving her credit for. But either way, based on her performance up until she got captured, I'd say now is a good place for her to stop.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »
^ Bad elimination IMO.

Time for Jim (Priceless Portrait) to go. There's no doubt he looked like a great player, but he had the unfortunate luxury of being one of those players that lasted only three rooms. Because of that, it's time for him to go.

I feel that your elimination was uncalled for as well. Being taken out of the temple quickly does not make a contestant a bad one. He cleared the rooms in 27 seconds, which is very impressive. As soon as he got into each room, he went right to completing the objective without pause. I'd say that he was faster and smarter than Michael from "Missing Eye of David," so if my elimination was unjust, yours is even more so. I'm sure that if he had gone in second instead of Kristen, you'd be raving about him and giving him as much praise as Zac and Jarrid. Just remember, we're looking for the best contestants.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »
Yes, but just because someone only lasts three rooms, doesn't mean we have to cut them some slack. Some of those players well.... weren't the best. There are better players out there than Jim or Danielle from Iron Mask. Forgettable, didn't last long, those are pretty justified eliminations to me. We're not missing the point, we just have our reasons behind elimination someone.

With that being said, Kelly from "Snakeskin Boots" can go next. Compared to Tony, she was just average. She did a decent job in the short time she was in the temple, but there were better players than her.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »
I am fed up with people saying that my choices for elimination are unjust. Unlike what some people are insinuating, I don't judge people's performances based on what everyone else thinks or whether they are fan favorites. I base my eliminations on the contestants' ability to progress through the temple in a decent amount of time. Just because a person lasted three rooms doesn't mean that they were bad contestants, and just because a person had a successful run doesn't mean that they were great contestants. I'm also not saying that we need to cut some people slack while grading others more harshly. I'm just trying to standardize the players so that we can justly and fairly get down to a final where only the best are left.

Speaking of that, I feel that some people are using a double standard when comparing my eliminations with those of their own. I eliminated Michael because he spent 1:30 clearing five rooms, which is about 18 seconds per room. That is terribly slow, but he wasn't as fast as others are making him out to be. Jim, on the other hand, was taken out of the temple in under 27 seconds and cleared 3 rooms. That is an average of 9 seconds per room. I'm not surprised that Jim was eliminated, nor am I saying that either were terrible contestants. But when it comes down to it, Jim did not hesitate or have as much difficulty as Michael did. So if we were to compare the two, I'd say that Jim was the stronger contestant. However, according to this thread, my elimination of Michael is "unjust," whereas Jim's elimination is deemed as "fair." That seems downright cruel and hypocritical.

I am trying to be as fair and just as possible, and I use as much rational thought and reasoning as I can before making any comments on this thread. I try to be civil in how I respond to everyone's comments. However, it appears that everything I do and say here is somehow "wrong." I joined this site with the intention of having intellectually stimulating conversations with other fans of the show, not to be berated by unmindful comments about my opinions. I am very upset with this treatment, and I'd appreciate if everybody would think more before hastily jumping on what other people have to say.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »
PP4L, please calm down. We don't need any heated arguments in a topic like this. Opinions are opinions and eliminations are eliminations, let's just leave it at that.

My second daily elimination goes to Peter (The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin). You would think he would learn from season 1 that the direct path doesn't work (not including Shaka Zulu). He tried it in the Pit and he tried it from Medusa's Lair. That was the fatal mistake in this run. If it wasn't for that, he could've recorded a historic solo win. Peter should've known better, even if he was a competent player.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »
Guys, just remember it is okay to agree or disagree with some people's votes or opinions. But there are better ways to respond though than calling them bad or unjustified eliminations. It is getting harder to figure out who to eliminate next because most of these season two contestants had redeemable qualities in their own ways. I kind of agree with PP4L in regards to Jim. He may have not lasted long in the temple, but the boy was sure fast as hell. No doubt that he would've done better than Kristen if he went in second. At the same time, I kind of agree with PPF too because he didn't last long enough so we can't assume that he would've kept the same pace that he did before getting taken out of the temple. He could've ended up like Ashlie from "Dolley Madison" who screwed up big time in the Dark Forest. Not that I think he would've though. Now, no more fighting or else I will bring John and Tia here.  ;) :mrsilver:

My second elimination goes to Brian from "Napoleon". Just like Kelly and Jim, he didn't last in the temple at all. Not that it was his fault, but he really wasn't that fast to begin with and screamed like a girl in the Laser Light Room. It was Carly who was the star of this run.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 11:05:55 PM »
Of course, leave it up to you to drag John and Tia into this. :P

Anyways, my next elimination is Paula from "Silver Horseshoe." She may have moved at a good pace, but she was just plain average. There are way better contestants than her still on the ist. She is seriously overrated.