Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 7683 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »
Since we were talking about the Judge Roy Bean episode earlier, is there a reason why the dot on the map for that temple run doesn't blink? It also happened in Bandit Queen, where the dot wasn't blinking in that run either.

But the first two episodes that day (Chandragupta and Lion-Slashed Jacket) had the dot blinking on the map. But both the Bandit Queen and Roy Bean run did not have the dot blinking at all. Kind of odd that this trait is only shared for two episodes on that production day.  :idea:

The dot only blinked during the Chandragupta run. It was stationary for Lion-Slashed Jacket, Secret Map, and Judge Roy Bean. It probably just had to do with editing.

Most of the episodes that were taped/edited toward the beginning of each season had slightly different camera angles, lighting cues, and editing quirks. It's probably because the producers wanted to try out a few different styles to see what would look best. But they didn't go back and "fix" the other ones with the other style because they were already done, and to change them would just use up time.

And also worth mentioning: A similar thing happened with the temple map during the Bifocal Monocle day: Bifocal Monocle, William the Conqueror, and War Fan all had bright pink dots like the ones seen later in Season 3; the dot in Much-Heralded Helmet is dark pink.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2013, 05:02:51 PM »
Since we were talking about the Judge Roy Bean episode earlier, is there a reason why the dot on the map for that temple run doesn't blink? It also happened in Bandit Queen, where the dot wasn't blinking in that run either.

But the first two episodes that day (Chandragupta and Lion-Slashed Jacket) had the dot blinking on the map. But both the Bandit Queen and Roy Bean run did not have the dot blinking at all. Kind of odd that this trait is only shared for two episodes on that production day.  :idea:

The dot only blinked during the Chandragupta run. It was stationary for Lion-Slashed Jacket, Secret Map, and Judge Roy Bean. It probably just had to do with editing.

Most of the episodes that were taped/edited toward the beginning of each season had slightly different camera angles, lighting cues, and editing quirks. It's probably because the producers wanted to try out a few different styles to see what would look best. But they didn't go back and "fix" the other ones with the other style because they were already done, and to change them would just use up time.

And also worth mentioning: A similar thing happened with the temple map during the Bifocal Monocle day: Bifocal Monocle, William the Conqueror, and War Fan all had bright pink dots like the ones seen later in Season 3; the dot in Much-Heralded Helmet is dark pink.

Yeah, that sounds right to me. The first episodes of the season were probably filmed a little differently and when they went back to edit it, some of those inconsistent edits occurred with the episodes from earlier in the season. That also explains why the Secret Map can be seen in the Shrine during the Bifocal Monocle temple rundown even though that one was taped before Bandit Queen.

And another interesting thing about the Bifocal Monocle day was the temple rundown that was used. Bifocal Monocle uses the same temple rundown as the rest of the Season 3 episodes. But William the Conqueror, War Fan, and Sir Gawain uses a different temple rundown footage. The one used in Sir Gawain and War Fan were more specific where the camera actually descends into the Chamber of the Sacred Markers instead of just panning towards it like it usually did in S3. Also, the Secret Map is NOT seen in the Shrine during this temple rundown. So that is another weird quirk about this production day. None of this is seen in Bifocal Monocle.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
Bifocal Monocle and Secret Map were probably among the first two episodes to be edited. It would explain why Bifocal Monocle had the regular rundown with the Secret Map in the Shrine, like most Season 3 episodes had.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2013, 12:49:34 AM »
I wonder if the producers were trying to do personalized temple rundowns for every episode? Like one for each of their own temple runs. I always wonder why they only show the Secret Map in the Shrine.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »
That's actually entirely possible. Let's not forget that the Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta was visible in the Quicksand Bog during its' rundown.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2013, 01:30:43 AM »
Wasn't the Thronwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean shown during the rundown as well? Can anyone get any photographic proof of that?

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:01 AM »
Just checked, it's indeed there. Now I wonder if the Lion Slashed Jacket of Sacagawea was visible in its' rundown.

EDIT: Yeah, it's there (though you can only see it in the wide shot of the Shrine).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:35:39 AM by The Silver Monkey »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2013, 01:40:21 AM »
Wasn't the Thronwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean shown during the rundown as well? Can anyone get any photographic proof of that?

Indeed the Thornwood Gavel can be seen also! Wow, I have never noticed that before. I circled both the Secret Map and Thornwood Gavel. I didn't see the Lion-Headed Bracelet though because the wide shot had the room dark. I had a hard time noticing the Lion-Slashed Jacket too.

For reference, here were the four artifact locations that day.

Secret Map --> Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Thornwood Gavel --> Jester's Court
Lion-Slashed Jacket --> Room of the Secret Password
Lion-Headed Bracelet --> Quicksand Bog

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »
Here's all four of them:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2013, 02:02:27 AM »
Do you remember what temple runs you got those artifacts from? Because some of the temple rundowns did not show the Thornwood Gavel or Lion-Headed Bracelet. The one temple rundown where I got that image of the Secret Map from was the "Bent Shaving Pan" run down. But I didn't see the Bracelet or Thornwood Gavel though in that rundown.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2013, 02:03:32 AM »
They're all from their respective rundowns.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2013, 10:26:41 AM »
Those four episodes are the only ones of Season 3 to have the temple rundown personalized that way. As TSM has shown, the artifacts were edited into their respective rooms during the rundown. However, each of those four artifacts only appears in its own episode's rundown; they do NOT appear in other episodes' rundowns, even the other ones from that same day. The producers probably wanted to show each artifact in their respective room like how it was in Season 2. But since they decided to pre-tape the rundown, and editing in the particular artifact for each run was time consuming (and "not necessary"), they probably only got through those four before deciding to streamline it.

TRJ- The "Thornwood Gavel" that you circled in the Secret Map rundown is actually the top of the block that sits in front of the middle painting in the Jesters' Court.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »
Thank you, I didn't realize I circled the ledge part of the Jester's Court. Not to mention, the Thornwood Gavel was positioned in the opposite direction then the one I circled. And I never noticed the Chandragupta production day artifacts in their respective rundowns either. I guess I never paid much attention to the rundown since it was all the same in S3 pretty much aside from the alternate footage in the Sir Gawain day and the personalized footage for this day.  :P

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »
Here's one from the Dried Ear of Corn

I mentioned this in the other thread. But it is so unusual with a darker Ancient Warriors room. I think I somehow remember this from my Nick GaS days.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »
Wasn't that room also dark in Gwalior too? Also from that same day. The temple in S3 had the tendency to be dark in certain rooms of the temple. Like mentioned earlier where in "Enormous Feather" where the Jester's Court was completely dark for David and the lights never dimmed either. Or in Sir Gawain where it seemed like half of Tiffani's rooms were pitch black also. Especially the Ledges.   :o