Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 7411 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
During our two-day interim, I was meandering through some more Season Three episodes, and the editing for the introduction of "The Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain" caught my attention. (Photos courtesy video from youtube.com posted by OlmecFan25)

The first time photo (upper left, at 0:54) comes right after Olmec announces the artifact for the day, and Kirk replies, "Oh! The Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain!" Then at 0:55 (lower left), that first camera cuts and a second camera does a sweep of the moat before the teams get introduced (when Kirk says, "Well one of our teams will have a chance to retrieve the Helmet!"). Then, right before each teams gets their face time, a new camera angle shows Kirk saying, "Will it be the Red Jaguars?" at 0:56 (upper right). This is where it gets interesting... as you can see in the photo series, the moat obstacle changes from the swinging bridge to the rope and cargo net. When they introduce the teams and then go back to Kirk saying, "First they're gonna have to cross the moat, and here's how they'll have to do it today," at 1:16 (lower right), the moat changes back to having the swinging bridge.

Hmmmm..... very interesting editing job, if I do say so myself.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »
Interesting, I wonder how that happened? IIRC, the vine and cargo net moat wasn't used until "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard" production day, which was much later than the "Sir Gawain" production day. I guess it was just a poor edit job on the producer's parts. In fact, the whole "Sir Gawain" episode felt poorly edited. During Jamal's temple game (swinging mace one), you can tell that it was dubbed over. Plus, the swinging mace was all over the place and was poorly-coordinated. And not to mention, Tiffani's temple run was a little screwy also. It was just a weird episode from beginning to end. Good find too. ;)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »
Another finding of mine, regarding the "Dried Apple Half of William Tell":

Where did the guard in the Ledges go after he captured Brett? Did he climb up to the Crypt? Did he wait until Brett left the room and then go into the understory of the Ledges (where the Season Two Ledges guards were stationed)? Did he totally vaporize into the air? Or does anyone have a different idea?

This series of photos shows the guard capturing Brett in the upper left. In the lower left, that is when Brett is trying the doors to the Pit of the Pendulum. This photo is the best shot of the whole room after the guard captures Brett. The camera at no point zooms in (or even shows) the upper tier of the Ledges.  The photos on the right are when Lauren enters the temple. As you can see, the guard is not visible in the room in either photo. Photos courtesy video from youtube.com posted by OlmecFan25.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
I was always curious on how the temple guard would've captured Brett had he started in the Ledges right away? I guess he would've had to grab him while he was trying for one of the doors in the Pit. It would've probably been awkward though. Good find once again. I bet Lauren's big mouth scared him away.  :lol:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
That temple guard is a magician. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »

Here is an image of the Tomb of the Ancient Kings in "The Stolen Arm of Shiva" that has always interested me. The image above was taken during Olmec's temple rundown. As you can see from the image, the rock slab covering the sarcophagus in the center of the room is already open. Also, it seems like the key that usually hides in the sarcophagus is sitting on the key panel in the back of the room near the Shrine door. Why is it like this? I am not sure, maybe the producer's were trying to make the layout simpler for the team. But how would they have known that the key was on the back wall? Oh well, they were too slow to begin with so we will never know.  :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »
That is quite interesting! And I have another photo of the room, from when they're pausing between announcing the first and second prizes (courtesy video from youtube.com from OlmecFan25). As you can see in the photo, the cover of the sarcophagus is still removed.

What puzzles me is not that the lid is removed; it's that the key is placed on the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. The team was going to be forced to go from the Tomb of Ancient Kings to the Bamboo Forest (that's a given, since the Room of Harmonic Convergence and the Treasure Room did  not allow entry to the Bamboo Forest). If the key was really placed against the other door (which, to me, it looks like it is) then that probably would have confused the players rather than help them out because they would have had to find the mis-located key and then activate the proper door.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:59:55 PM by PurpleParrot4Life »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »
Speaking of the image that PP4L just posted, look at where the Stolen Arm is. When it was first introduced at the beginning of the show, this was where it was located (still in the Bamboo Forest, but different location) :

Look at the image PP4L posted. The Stolen Arm got relocated on some of the bamboo instead of at the front of the room. That's just weird. :o

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
While we're on the topic of odd locations for artifacts, I had a question about the Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman... The Ring was placed on the finger of one of the trees. If the contestant reached the Ring, would they have had to pry it off of the finger or slide it off of the finger, and then continue their escape from the temple?

And were there any other episodes where the artifact was positioned in a similar manner (integrated into/onto a prop)? The only time I can think of that even comes close to that is the Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon being perched on the of the clay pots in the King's Storeroom.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
PP319, the "Stolen Arm" indeed switched positions in that episode. It was first perched on the ledge in front of the Bamboo Forest, but during the temple rundown you can see it in the mass of bamboo sticks, as evident in PP4L's picture. I am not sure why it switched positions, but it also happened in "The Codebook of Mata Hari":

The image on the left is from when Olmec reveals the location for the Codebook after telling his legend. The image on the right is the Codebook's position during the temple rundown. The Codebook is placed on top of a pile of rocks for the temple run, I guess to make it easier for the contestants to grab.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 05:14:20 PM »
While we're on the topic of odd locations for artifacts, I had a question about the Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman... The Ring was placed on the finger of one of the trees. If the contestant reached the Ring, would they have had to pry it off of the finger or slide it off of the finger, and then continue their escape from the temple?

And were there any other episodes where the artifact was positioned in a similar manner (integrated into/onto a prop)? The only time I can think of that even comes close to that is the Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon being perched on the of the clay pots in the King's Storeroom.

I think they would've just had to slide it off the limb of the tree. It would be pretty cruel for the producers to make the contestant waste time just to put extra effort into grabbing the artifact. Although that was a very odd place to put the artifact at in the first place.

Another weird artifact location was "The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu" where the Red Sash was wrapped around the body of one of the Headless Kings. Quentin probably would've had to rip it off the body in order to be able to carry it out of the temple.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
PP319, the "Stolen Arm" indeed switched positions in that episode. It was first perched on the ledge in front of the Bamboo Forest, but during the temple rundown you can see it in the mass of bamboo sticks, as evident in PP4L's picture. I am not sure why it switched positions, but it also happened in "The Codebook of Mata Hari":

The image on the left is from when Olmec reveals the location for the Codebook after telling his legend. The image on the right is the Codebook's position during the temple rundown. The Codebook is placed on top of a pile of rocks for the temple run, I guess to make it easier for the contestants to grab.

Another episode where the artifact is perched atop a rock in the Heart Room is "Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth." The difference here is that it was placed on the rock during both the Steps of Knowledge display and the Temple Run.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 06:25:40 PM »
Here's some more interesting pictures. These are from "The Golden Pepperoni of Catherine de Medici."

In the circled red, what is with the camera crew in the Pit of Despair? I've seen them in the Crypt during the temple rundown or in a room before the contestant enters it, but the Pit? Maybe this isn't too uncommon, but it looked out of place in the above pictures.

EDIT: To resize images.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:29:33 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
At first, I thought that was some Green Monkey player.  :shock: I guess its suppose to be a crew member though. I am not sure what they are doing in the Pit though. I guess they are going to get prepared for the next temple run? Either that, or they were gathering their equipment since wasn't the "Golden Pepperoni" episode the last one for the day anyways?

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »
At first, I thought that was some Green Monkey player.  :shock: I guess its suppose to be a crew member though. I am not sure what they are doing in the Pit though. I guess they are going to get prepared for the next temple run? Either that, or they were gathering their equipment since wasn't the "Golden Pepperoni" episode the last one for the day anyways?

If we assume that "The Golden Pepperoni" is episode 73, then it would have been the first run for the day (unless production order and Temple Run order were not sequential).