Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 7463 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »
Another photo find I have mentioned elsewhere on this site is that the door from the Pit to the Tomb of the Headless Kings got stuck in more than just the "War Fan of the Forty-Seven Ronin" episode. It also happened in the run directly before, the "Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag of William the Conqueror." When Jonathan entered the temple and reached the Tomb, he pushed the door aside so vigorously that the door swung open, reached the maximum of its hinge, and recoiled. My photos reveal the door closed with the same position in both episodes. It suggests that the door sealed shut the same way for "Battle Flag" as it did in "War Fan," except with no consequence. That's because Jonathan made no attempt to proceed down from the Chamber after grabbing the flag, and his partner had already entered the temple (unlike the "War Fan," where the door sealed before the second player entered). Screenshots courtesy video from youtube.com from OlmecFan25.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »
And of course, both were filmed the same day.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
What I find most interesting is that this occurred twice, on the same day, in back-to-back runs. You would think that the producers would have caught this malfunction and would have tried to correct it from happening again after the first time during "Battle Flag." Instead they didn't, and it affected the results of the very next run quite drastically.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »
So is it possible that Jonathan may have messed up the Tomb of the Headless Kings door in the "William the Conqueror" run? I mean the "War Fan" run was taped right after his run. I mean the door opened just fine when Jeremy entered the room. But when he started to pull the vines, it kind of looks like he bumped the door close. I think it was honest mistake though despite what Kirk said in the run (which sounds dubbed over anyways.) And I noticed that the Chamber door in the Pit is initially locked when Jeremy knocks the pillar down. Yet, when Elise enters the Pit, that door is open. I guessed it open when Jeremy completed the Chamber's objective?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
Here is another interesting picture that PP319 posted in one of the game threads. It was from "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" and the camera pans out of the temple for a brief moment. You can even see a cameraman. I guessed they panned out because the temple run was so bad. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
Also, in response to the awkward temple guard in the "Pirate Captain" temple run, I present to you another awkward temple guard moment from "The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba":  :lol:

Most probably know about this one already, but the temple guard in this run walks around the Swamp awkwardly while Shane is trying to enter the Dark Forest. I wonder what his deal was? Was he trying to exit the room without getting in the camera's way? I mean the guard in "The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon" went back into hiding once Carly encountered him.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
So is it possible that Jonathan may have messed up the Tomb of the Headless Kings door in the "William the Conqueror" run? I mean the "War Fan" run was taped right after his run. I mean the door opened just fine when Jeremy entered the room. But when he started to pull the vines, it kind of looks like he bumped the door close. I think it was honest mistake though despite what Kirk said in the run (which sounds dubbed over anyways.) And I noticed that the Chamber door in the Pit is initially locked when Jeremy knocks the pillar down. Yet, when Elise enters the Pit, that door is open. I guessed it open when Jeremy completed the Chamber's objective?

The Pit/Chamber door did not open in the War Fan run at any point during the run. Compare the photo of when Elise runs through the Pit to when Veronica is in the Pit during the "Bifocal Monocle," which we know had the Chamber door open. The two runs were taped the same day and the photos are taken at nearly the same angle. The War Fan's Chamber door has the red cover still sealed, whereas it was unlocked in the Bifocal Monocle's run. Photos courtesy of video from youtube.com posted by OlmecFan25.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Interesting find, I always thought that the door to the Chamber was locked in the "War Fan" run also. I remember everyone said that Elise could've still entered the Chamber from the Pit of the Pendulum, but I never thought that door actually opened at any point in the run. I watched the run myself and I agree that the Chamber door was definitely locked. Good find!

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »
And as far as the "awkward guard" from the Very Tall Turban episode, it may have been that Shane got his foot caught in the netting in the Swamp, and the guard switched into "spotter/rigger" mode to see if he was okay.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »
And as far as the "awkward guard" from the Very Tall Turban episode, it may have been that Shane got his foot caught in the netting in the Swamp, and the guard switched into "spotter/rigger" mode to see if he was okay.

I'll agree with this and the War Fan Chamber door not being open from the Pit. Everyone on YouTube said that the door was open, but I looked at that same angle again and again and it looked like there was more red (the door) than there was black (no door/open). If it was open, there would be no red at all.

Great finds by the way PP4L. Representing Purple Parrot fans everywhere! :mrpurple: ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
I can't forget everyone else that has played a role in producing this solid topic. Great work guys! =)

Concerning the Jesters' Court having a small door in the room for temple guards. That red space looks too narrow for temple guards, but maybe that was a door and the tan coloring outside of the red box was part of the door as well. Maybe the producers originally planned to make this another room to have temple guards, but decided to make it a "safe spot".

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »
Here's another one. It's the Jesters' Court from "The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea". Look at how dark it is:

Image courtesy of OlmecFan25. I wonder why the entire left side of the room was almost completely dark. I'm surprised Nate went for that wall painting with it being as dark as it was. If it wasn't for that move, he might've achieved a very close win. However, the outcome isn't the point. The point is how dark the Jesters' Court was in that run. I checked the other runs that took place on the same day (Roland, Lost Hornpipe, and Enormous Feather). Now we can't look off of Lost Hornpipe because the room was never entered, but in the Roland and Feather runs where the room was entered, the room really wasn't dark at all. This is strange. :?

Anybody have a clue as to why it was so dark at that time? The darkness never went away, even after Nate completed the objective.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 08:48:27 PM »
Wow, I never noticed how dark it was in that room during that run.  :shock: It is complete pitch black on the left side of the room. Notice that when Nate first enters the room, he attempts the middle painting first before trying the one on the left. I don't know if he would've won though if he went for the middle painting first. If he stayed low, it might've been an "Emiliano Zapata" type of win. But I blame this loss more on Lissy, she was too slow and hesitant. But good fine, I watched that run many times and never noticed that. ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
Also on that filming day, the lights in the "Enormous Feather" run didn't dim like they usually do. Maybe there were many different glitches in the Jesters' Court that day?

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »
The light in "Royal Torque" might have blown out during the run, which would result in the dark spot on that painting. Notice that the dark spot is pretty much circular along the lower right hand side (just like a stage spotlight, for people who are familiar was stage lighting). They probably replaced the light between that run and "Enormous Feather," but because the production time was so hectic and short, they didn't have enough time to reprogram the light to dim when the Jester's Court objective was completed. That would explain the brightness of the room in the "Enormous Feather" run. Notice that the black light effect still displays in the "Enormous Feather," which would not have been affected by that light being blown out and not being reprogrammed.