Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 7281 times)

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »
Hi everyone. I was watching "The Moccasins of Geronimo" today, and while I was watching, I came across this very unusual camera shot during the temple overview. Between the announcement of the first and second prize, they zoomed in on the Moccasins, and there seems to have been a person behind the temple guard door.

I just thought I'd share it out of curiosity. (Photo courtesy of video from youtube.com posted by ChargerTheWolf.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:55:39 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photo from "Moccasins of Geronimo"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
I have never noticed that before. :o It looks like one of the cameramen though or a stage hand getting ready for the temple run to start. Is he the one that is doing the zoom up of the Moccasins? He looks kind of creepy standing there. :o

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
I'm not sure who it is, or what they are doing. But as the camera person is zooming in on the moccasins (from outside the temple), the person behind the door in the photo closes the door... suspicious....

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
Here's another image that I found that was interesting. It is from "The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean" when Kelli was in the King's Storeroom, the camera zooms out a little bit and you can see a little bit outside of the temple. You can see a bunch of different people below the King's Storeroom, who look a lot like producers. You can also see her partner Tony walking back to the set also.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »
Kelly's partner in that episode was Mike/Michael, not Tony. ;)

Interesting finds. I don't know what the cameraman was doing in the first pic. That seems strange, but the second pic. I do think those are some production crew members standing there.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
Yup, I meant Mike not Tony.  :oops:

For the second picture, it looks like a mixed group of people. You can see a bunch of camera in the background and there is some guy standing right in front of a TV screen. It kind of looks like Kirk Fogg standing there? Although that guy is a little chunkier than Kirk. And then there is some guy standing alone and staring up at Kelli. I wonder if their family was standing down there too?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 06:27:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's not family members, because they're taken to a separate room while the kids are filming their episodes. Interesting photo there, I wonder why all the production crew members were there. And the guy standing in front of the TV actually does look like Kirk. It just looks like an unflattering camera angle that makes him look chunkier than normal. I thought I saw a group of crew members in other Season 3 episodes in that same camera angle, but I'm not quite sure on that.

As for the first photo, that definitely looks like a camera guy. I don't know why the temple guard door isn't closed all the way in that picture though. Slight door malfunction maybe?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
I am pretty sure other season three King's Storeroom shots pan out wide enough that you can see beyond the temple. I could probably find a couple of more in the earlier season three episodes. I don't think the later season three episodes gave us that view because I know that its not really present in "Madame Tussaud". And yeah, I am pretty sure you are right about the parents being in another room during the episode tapings. Some of the interviews like Katie from "Imperial Wizard" and Zac from "Bandit Queen" mention that.

As for the "Moccasins" image, it was probably a cameraman indeed. It couldn't have been a temple guard because the artifact was located in the Pirate's Cove. Although it wasn't the only time that a temple guard door was left open. It happened in "The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny" in the King's Storeroom and I am pretty sure it happened in the Shrine in "Sir Edmund Hillary".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 08:28:40 PM »
And while we are on the subject of interesting/unusual pictures, here is one I always found unusual:

This image was taken from "The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley". When Nick was in the Mine Shaft, someone runs in front of the camera. Now, I use to think that it was a producer or temple guard, but on closer look at the image it looks like Chandra actually running in front of the camera. I can't believe I didn't notice that before.  :o

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
I think this topic should be renamed "Interesting/Unusual photos from various Legends episodes" since we're straying from the Moccasins discussion. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »
Yeah, this is turning more into interesting photos from many different episodes. And not just the interesting photo from the Moccasins episode. I'll rename the title in the OP to avoid confusion.

As for the Leopard Skin Cloak photo, that's clearly Chandra running back to Kirk.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »
I agree that the blurred person in Chandra.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 12:28:09 AM »
Thanks for fixing the topic title. I didn't mean to derail the topic or anything, I just didn't want to start a new topic when we had one.  :oops: My apologies and thanks for PPF for changing it and PP4L for being cool with it.  ;)

And I agree, that has to be Chandra. The height matches her height and the person that runs in front of the camera has a helmet too.  :mrpurple:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »
In Seasons Two and Three, there was a temple guard door in the Jester's Court (courtesy video from youtube.com posted by ChargerTheWolf):

I'm surprised that it was never used at all. It seems to be similar to the door used by the guards in the Observatory/King's Storeroom (S3).

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
I've got a doozie of a screenshot with this one! This series of photos is from "The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain" run, and I wanted to bring up two interesting finds. First off, I'd like to focus your attention on the guard from the Chamber of the Sacred Markers. Notice that in the first frame (1:58), he is holding himself against the wall. Even when Jessica completes the Storeroom objective and is running down the stairs to the Ancient Warriors, the guard is still there (1:44). The guards normally didn't stay exposed like that, even in other episodes where the guard was located behind the cover in the Chamber. But, by the time Jarrid entered the temple and climbed up the ladder from the Chamber to the Storeroom, the guard finally "vanished." I wonder if the door was stuck, or if something else may have caused the guard to remain in the room for that extended time.

Also, I wanted to point out the fact that the Storeroom may have been accessible from the Pit. Notice in the first photo (1:58), the staircase on the right is completely down, while the left staircase is barred (since Jessica had not yet completed the Storeroom objective to allow her into the Ancient Warriors). However, in the photo at 1:26, when Jarrid enters the temple, the door is closed. He tries to go up that way, but for some reason he cannot and instead proceeds to jump down into the Pit and heads for the Tomb of the Headless Kings. Also, the fourth photo (0:22), taken when Jarrid is exiting the temple, shows that the staircase is still lowered, and the door from the Pit to the King's Storeroom is still shut. Compare this to the Pit/Chamber door, which was initially closed, but was opened upon Jarrid reaching the artifact.

(Screenshots courtesy of video from youtube.com posted by OlmecFan25)

I think this provides sufficient evidence that this run could have been shortened to bypass the Tomb of the Headless Kings and the Chamber of the Sacred Markers (as well as the guard that was located there). In that case, this run would have only required the team to enter five rooms before reaching the artifact (Crypt, Pit, Storeroom, Ancient Warriors, and Shrine). This could have also been a solo victory. However, that would also mean that Jarrid would not have had to have entered the temple, and this run would have probably not had such an exciting or close finish.