Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 7409 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
Here is a comparison of the pots of the King's Storeroom for both "Billy the Kid" and "Nathan Hale". They are the exact same color and design in both pictures. And since Heather and Tony did not enter the King's Storeroom in the first episode, there was no need to create new pots at all.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:10:34 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
^ Kelly and Tony Mr. Fogg-up King. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
Where did the key theory come from for the "Nathan Hale" run? I never heard it before. Does it have something to do with there being two keys in the "Grandy Nanny" temple run?

Yeah. The production order that filming day was Silver Horseshoe->Secret Battle Plan->Golden Stallion->Silver Cannonball. The pots in Golden Stallion and Silver Cannonball were one and the same (the Stallion kids never entered the room), and since the pots in the Silver Horseshoe run were different and weren't smashed, something had to have happened in between the filming of its' run and the filming of Golden Stallion's run to necessitate the change of pots.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 05:28:10 PM »
So let me make sure I understand:

As you can see in this photo (courtesy video posted by OlmecFan25 on youtube.com), the pots in Episode 41 are different from those in Episodes 43 and 44, but the ones in Episodes 43 and 44 are the same. The pots were not smashed in either Episode 41 or 43. Also note that in the photo in the lower right, two keys are present during the Temple Run.

Using these facts, it makes the most sense that no keys were present in the pots from Episode 41 (and the first run of Episode 42), and the key that was meant to be placed inside, instead accidentally ended up being placed in with the second key for the next set of pots (seen in Episodes 43 and 44). The lack of having a key did not affect Episode 41's run, since they did not have to complete the King's Storeroom objective.

Since the Secret Battle Plan (Episode 42) was originally in the Throne Room, the team would have been forced to go from the Pit to either the Observatory or Heart Room, into the King's Storeroom, around the horn, and down to the Swamp; there was no way that the production team would have just had them go down the central shaft to reach the artifact. Therefore, the team was forced to smash the pots in the King's Storeroom in order to advance, but the key was not there. Since it was the first production day with the new director, they were probably short on time and did not have time to retape the run, but instead postponed it to a later date. Therefore, the layout changed between the rest of the episode and the featured run for Episode 42. Since the Throne Room no longer existed in the new layout, the room in which the artifact was located needed to be changed, and the shot of the artifact during the Steps of Knowledge needed to be edited.

Then, since the pots were smashed during the original Episode 42 run, they were replaced for Episode 43. They were not smashed in Episode 43, so they were left for the Episode 44 run, where two keys are found to have been residing inside the same pot... the culprit!

Corollary: The reason that Episode 42 was delayed was that there was a production error involving the key in the King's Storeroom, not that Christina was ill.

Does this agree with what everybody else is thinking, or am I still not understanding the whole idea correctly?

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
And on a similar note, during the Temple Run for "The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy," when Paula is running out of the temple, she passes through the King's Storeroom. It is interesting to note that the temple guard door is opened; however, the doors are completely closed during the temple overview (photo courtesy video posted by OlmecFan25 on youtube.com):

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
So let me make sure I understand:

As you can see in this photo (courtesy video posted by OlmecFan25 on youtube.com), the pots in Episode 41 are different from those in Episodes 43 and 44, but the ones in Episodes 43 and 44 are the same. The pots were not smashed in either Episode 41 or 43. Also note that in the photo in the lower right, two keys are present during the Temple Run.

Using these facts, it makes the most sense that no keys were present in the pots from Episode 41 (and the first run of Episode 42), and the key that was meant to be placed inside, instead accidentally ended up being placed in with the second key for the next set of pots (seen in Episodes 43 and 44). The lack of having a key did not affect Episode 41's run, since they did not have to complete the King's Storeroom objective.

Since the Secret Battle Plan (Episode 42) was originally in the Throne Room, the team would have been forced to go from the Pit to either the Observatory or Heart Room, into the King's Storeroom, around the horn, and down to the Swamp; there was no way that the production team would have just had them go down the central shaft to reach the artifact. Therefore, the team was forced to smash the pots in the King's Storeroom in order to advance, but the key was not there. Since it was the first production day with the new director, they were probably short on time and did not have time to retape the run, but instead postponed it to a later date. Therefore, the layout changed between the rest of the episode and the featured run for Episode 42. Since the Throne Room no longer existed in the new layout, the room in which the artifact was located needed to be changed, and the shot of the artifact during the Steps of Knowledge needed to be edited.

Then, since the pots were smashed during the original Episode 42 run, they were replaced for Episode 43. They were not smashed in Episode 43, so they were left for the Episode 44 run, where two keys are found to have been residing inside the same pot... the culprit!

Corollary: The reason that Episode 42 was delayed was that there was a production error involving the key in the King's Storeroom, not that Christina was ill.

Does this agree with what everybody else is thinking, or am I still not understanding the whole idea correctly?

Yeah, that's exactly what the theory is (at least to me).

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
Yeah, that's exactly what the theory is (at least to me).

Then why do some people believe that Christina was the person who got ill?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
Because Renegade Pancake/The Mandarin Hand (an old member here) was the one who came up with the theory that Christina puked in the Pit. And for that reason alone, they postponed the temple run. Which wouldn't have happened unless she was seriously sick. I don't know where he would get an idea like that. But then again, Kirk likes to exaggerate a bit, so he could have made up the whole "someone got sick" story. If he didn't make it up, then it probably was Tarrah who got sick. Someone should find her and interview her, and the Secret Battle Plan kids for that matter.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:11:29 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2012, 06:40:32 PM »
Why the Battle Flag kids? And yes, Tarrah does make sense as the puker, if just going off of the obvious cut as she enters the Laser Light Room.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
I meant Battle Plan, sorry. But yeah, most people think it was Tarrah who puked, solely for the edit in the Pit.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »
In the "Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson" run, a lot of different doors opened. But when exactly did they all open?

(Photo courtesy video posted by OlmecFan25 on youtube.com) As you can see by this series of photos, the door from the Pit to the Chamber of the Sacred Markers was still closed when Sherra went down to the Tomb of the Headless Kings (upper left), but it was opened when Derek went through (upper right). This contrasts the idea that only the doors that lead the team forward opened in Season Three.

Also, from the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, both the King's Storeroom AND the Room of the Ancient Warriors opened (lower right and lower left... I know that the outlined image on the lower left is very small, but that was the best image I could get from when Sherra was in the room after the objective was completed, and it should be noticeable that the normal white door cover is slid aside, not to mention that Derek uses that pathway when he goes into the temple). Is this the only time where all of the doors leading out of the "Center of the Rooms" were successfully activated in a single run?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that detail before in the "Henry Hudson" run too. Its very obvious that the door to the Chamber-Pit did not open until sometime after Sherra completed the Chamber objective. I am not sure why this happened though. Perhaps it was a delayed door or it was programmed to open incorrectly? I don't recall any other runs that did this where a door opened later once a team completed an objective. I remember people like outer space use to give Sherra a hard time for taking the direct path, but this is evidence that she had no choice but to go down into the Tomb of the Headless Kings.

As for the King's Storeroom, I am not sure why the door opened. Maybe it was just suppose to be a useless detour where if the team was inattentive, they would enter that room. Didn't that happen in "The War Fan of the 47 Ronin" too where the King's Storeroom opened for Jeremy along with the Ancient Warrior door? I don't remember. But the door to the King's Storeroom didn't open from the Pit though in the "Henry Hudson" run. So I am not sure again what happened there. It kind of reminds me of "The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean" where Michael avoided the King's Storeroom altogether while Kelli goes up there for no reason. Except in that run, the King's Storeroom door opened from the Pit.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:04:24 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2012, 12:53:16 AM »
It's Kelli, not Emily.

And I agree about Henry Hudson. All the doors had to have opened after Sherra completed the Chamber object. She did NOT try for a direct path like some people say she did.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:00 AM »
I honestly never understood how people like outer space considered that to be a direct path. If the contestant was forced into the direct path route, than I don't consider it a direct path. Which is why I never agreed that Sherra, Leah from "Belle Boyd", and Ryan from "Gwalior" took a direct path.

Here is another interesting image I want to add:

This image was from Olmec's temple rundown in "The Mask of Shaka Zulu". You can see that the Treasure Chest in the Treasure Room was already open before the temple run even started. This brings up the whole discussion of whether the "Shaka Zulu" win was either a production error or not. I do believe that a production error did occur in the Holes of Python. I believe that the Treasure Chest was left open because the Holes of Python was really suppose to be a deadend. It would have a layout similar to "Leonardo Da Vinci" and "Stone Marker", except that the Treasure Chest this time was not a deadend. So there had to be a production error in that room. Or maybe Bobby cheated by forcing the Tomb of the Ancient Kings door open?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2012, 01:40:59 AM »
Plus, people gave Sherra crap for entering the Tomb instead of the Chamber. When really the Chamber did NOT open until after she completed the objective. Therefore, she did not bring the tough layout on herself. As to why all the doors in the Chamber opened, I have no idea.

As for Shaka Zulu, the Holes of Python had to be a production error. I don't think the producers would give Bobby a layout THAT easy. The treasure chest being opened indicates he definitely would have entered that room instead.