Author Topic: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes  (Read 7704 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Photos from Various Episodes
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
I have to completely disagree about the Purple Parrots going to the temple in "Elizabeth the First's Golden Ship." If you look at the above photo, the Red Jaguars had A LOT more pieces on the board than the Purple Parrots. Had that "proper position only" not been enforced, the Red Jaguars still would have gone to the temple 1.5-1. The final score would've been 4-1, not the 1-0 that was counted.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
Yeah, whether or not that rule was enforced in "Elizabeth I", the outcome wouldn't have changed. As for "Nathan Hale", I don't remember Olmec specifically mentioning the orientation of the pieces while explaining the rules. I agree that since Christina did have that specific piece in the proper position, it should've been a tie. Yes, Christina should've found the half pendant in the temple, but I still think that the Silver Snakes got screwed out of the full pair of pendants thanks to that ruling.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
I have to completely disagree about the Purple Parrots going to the temple in "Elizabeth the First's Golden Ship." If you look at the above photo, the Red Jaguars had A LOT more pieces on the board than the Purple Parrots. Had that "proper position only" not been enforced, the Red Jaguars still would have gone to the temple 1.5-1. The final score would've been 4-1, not the 1-0 that was counted.

What I was trying to say was that had the Purple Parrots oriented their two pieces correctly and the Red Jaguars left all of theirs alone, then the Purple Parrots would have won with a score of 2-1 with the "proper position only" rule in place. In that case, the Purple Parrots would have gone to the temple.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »
The temple games in the "Golden Ship" episode in general were laughable. Take the wig game for example. How did the producers not put four wigs in BOTH players shafts? Gabby was clobbering the Purple Parrot boy in the wig temple game and if the last wig was indeed there, there was no doubt that Gabby would've won. That is season one for you.

And speaking of S1 temple games, I am going to post a series of pictures a little later on why I believe that the Silver Snakes in "Mata Hari" should've NOT gone to the temple due to their temple game victories being questionable. :roll:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 01:09:00 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2013, 01:08:47 AM »
And speaking of S1 temple games, I am going to post a series of pictures a little later on why I believe that the Silver Snakes should've NOT gone to the temple due to their temple game victories being questionable. :roll:

No doubt "Mata Hari" is one of the episodes in question.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2013, 01:19:26 AM »
Yeah, didn't Kirk declare Rinette "further along" in the wall climbing game than the male Blue Barracuda? Not to mention, in the third temple game, the score was 1-1 tie, and the Silver Snakes were yet again.... "further along," thus gaining them access to the temple. The temple game score should've been Blue Barracudas beating the Silver Snakes 2-1 in the temple games. Though with how pathetic the Blue Barracudas were in the third game, I doubt they would've done a better job in the temple. :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:42 AM »
Yeah, didn't Kirk declare Rinette "further along" in the wall climbing game than the male Blue Barracuda? Not to mention, in the third temple game, the score was 1-1 tie, and the Silver Snakes were yet again.... "further along," thus gaining them access to the temple. The temple game score should've been Blue Barracudas beating the Silver Snakes 2-1 in the temple games. Though with how pathetic the Blue Barracudas were in the third game, I doubt they would've done a better job in the temple. :roll:

Rinette may have been considered "further along" in her individual game because she was higher up on the wall when time ended, therefore making her closer to completing the final book transfer.

In the team game, each team had to pass notes along the dragon tunnel. Perhaps the Silver Snakes got credit for the message they lost, therefore making the score of that game 2-1? And as far as the Blue Barracudas in that game, the boy got half way and then waited for his partner. She could not get over the first bump, so he went to her and gave the message to her at the entry. I don't think the Blue Barracudas would have been a totally loss cause if they had gone to the temple; they probably would have fared as well as the Silver Snakes did.

And I must say that Gareth did a pretty good job of clearing a rather long path. The biggest problem was that he was taken out one room away from the Codebook. Rinette had a long path to follow and was slow to do so, so time ran out on her.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:08 AM »
Yeah, Gareth did fine IMO. Even though he moved a little slow, he still made good time in the temple. It was an unfair temple guard layout and the only way they would've had a chance to win if they encountered all three guards. His partner seemed a little clueless though. While she had little time to herself, she still wasted it by sitting on the Throne Room chair and took her sweet old time going through the Holes of Python. I am not sure if the Barracudas would've done better with that temple guard layout, but the Barracuda girl ranked very low when THK ranked that episode. She even ranked lower than John and Tia.  :shock:

Oh yeah, and I promise to post the pictures soon. ;)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2013, 11:24:45 PM »
I was watching the "Bullet-Riddled Handbag of Belle Boyd" run, and right at the end of the run, I caught a glimpse of a rather unusual piece of sound/tech equipment, even though the object is out of focus. It can be seen in the lower left corner of the image, courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf. It seems to me that there were a number of instances in Season 3 where the camerawork caught images of uncalled for things, this being one of them. What is even more surprising is that I have seen this run quite a lot of times, and this was the first time I noticed the piece of equipment there. I thought I might as well share it here.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
I have two photos I wanted to share from the Room of the Ancient Warriors. The first is from when Jason got captured during "Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass." Notice that after the guard releases Jason, no pendant is seen in either of his hands. Yet Jason does not have his pendant on his wrist anymore. So then where did it go?

This second photo was taken from Andrea's capture during "Lion-Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta." While the headdress is partially turned, there is a faint glimpse of a stagehand standing behind-the-scenes, most likely there to take the pendant. He is outlined in red, but watching the video for yourself will make it more apparent that he is there. So it appears as though the guards in the Ancient Warriors only captured the contestants; it was up to the stagehands to swivel the headdresses, handle the pendants of life, and either guide the contestant who were taken out of the temple through the back to the temple gate or turn the headdress back around.

This "finding" may not be very spectacular or revolutionary, but I thought it was interesting, and I thought I would share. Photos courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »
It is interesting where the Pendants go after the player is captured in certain rooms. It does look like Andrea is handing her Pendant to a stagehand or somebody in the back. I guess it was more difficult for the contestants to hand their Pendants to the temple guards in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. It was just like the Dark Forest where the contestants were confused on where their Pendants should go. Some would put the Pendants into the tree while others would just throw it on the ground. Either way, good find. ;)

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2013, 08:15:55 PM »
While Olmec was telling the location of the Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, the middle armor in the Room of the Ancient Warriors was swiveled. I had never noticed it until a recent viewing of the episode Again, not a major find, but I thought it would be something worth noting and sharing. Image courtesy video posted on youtube.com by ChargerTheWolf.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2013, 11:24:17 PM »
I wonder if it was like that in "The Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great" (same artifact location and same filming day) as well.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2013, 11:34:18 PM »
I wonder if it was like that in "The Jewel Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great" (same artifact location and same filming day) as well.

The middle armor was slightly askew during the presentation of the "Jewel-Encrusted Egg," not completely swiveled around like it was for the "Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza." But that was a good question, and I was curious myself. Image courtesy video posted on yotuube.com by ChargerTheWolf.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
That is actually a pretty interesting find, PP4L. I went back and checked the other Ancient Warrior artifacts (Belle Boyd, Snow Cone :oops:, and William Tell :oops:) and none of them had that headdress turned around like in the Sforza/Catherine the Great picture. I do woner why they have it turned around like that also.

Actually, I wonder why they had two artifacts in the same room for the same production day? Did that happen on any other production day besides the Sforza/Catherine the Great one?