Author Topic: What does your episode "black list" look like?  (Read 652 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
What does your episode "black list" look like?
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:08:30 AM »
We all have those episodes that give you a headache just thinking about them. They could be because the episode is so bad that that it is hard to watch, or it is an episode you have seen so many times you are sick of. So what episodes are part of your "black list"? This is a list of episodes that you never want to watch again at all. This is how mine would look:

- Alhambra (The worst ever episode ever on the show! It would be a waste of time to sit through this where nothing but suckiness is the theme)
- Golden Cricket Cage (home of one of the most undeserving temple teams and worst temple run. No thanks)
- Lucky Pig (I refuse to watch an episode where a a chubby girl walks through the temple after her partner did all the work to get there.)
- Lost Hammer (Way too disappointing to watch after the Silver Snakes did good before the temple. PRESS THE BUTTON!)
- Shiva (An unremarkable episode with incompetent players and feels non-existant. It felt like the producers should've never aired this episode and no one would miss it)
- Cracked Crown (I HATE THIS EPISODE! I have seen it 9489383048 times and I hate it more every time. Every round sucked and Kerry pisses me off.)
- Cosa Rara (The retarded legend and Jessica's unbelievably crappy performance makes my blood boil thinking about it.)
- Bifocal Monocle (Climbing was not a competency in this episode)
- Smashed Printing Plate (Want to see cheating, obnoxiousness, annoyance, and incompetency all in one episode? You have it with this one.)
- Enormous Feather (One word: Karisa)
- William Tell (SHUT THE HELL UP!)

I am probabl missing some, but these episodes I refuse to watch. >_<
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:09:31 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: What does your episode "black list" look like?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:21:42 AM »
Hahahah, you totally got this from our current discussion in the player rankings thread, didn't you? :lol: But yeah, I totally agree with your list.

My black list consists of the following:
Blackbeard: Terrible filming and editing, and Sabrina the man sucked in the temple.
Lost Hammer: PRESS THE BUTTON!
Cricket Cage: I don't even want to talk about it.
Shiva: Who?
Cracked Crown: Another episode I will NEVER watch ever again. MOVE FASTER KERRY. DAMMIT, MOVE FASTER!
Cosa Rara: A conversation with a horse? And a slowpoke called Jessica? Nah, I'll take a pass on this one.
Lost Lion Tail: Can't believe this one was left out. Claude easily brings shame to my beloved Parrots. :(
Missing Weather Maps: Can't believe this was left out too. I've only seen the full episode once, and I intend to never watch it again thanks to Kim.
Bifocal Monocle: I'd rather not see Veronica climb out of the Pit for a whole minute. Why Teenick aired this episode is beyond me.
Smashed Printing Plate: Another episode I'd like to pretend doesn't exist. Moving on.
William Tell: Just.... no. How did Lauren get passed the moat again?
Enormous Feather: One word: Karisa indeed. And her horse teeth scared me. Why couldn't the Purple Parrots just win that damn tiebreaker?! -_-

Honorable mentions:
Lucky Pig: I'll watch this episode at least for the temple game sequence. But everything else about this episode sucks.
Xerxes: This was left out too. I'll watch this episode for Levi, and I liked the temple game sequence here too. But other than that, this run is both infuriating and pathetic.

And I think that covers it. :P

EDIT: And I can't believe neither of us mentioned this one: Snow Cone. :shock: Another episode I've only seen once, AND it's one of the worst possible episodes ever. I literally don't remember even one thing about this episode, other than the legend perhaps. I must've blocked every aspect of this episode from my memory. Not that that's a bad thing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:24:57 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »
Yeah, when we were talking about Golden Cricket Cage and Lost Hammer in the other topic and how you will never watch them again. I wanted to make a list of episodes that we never want to watch. :lol: I like the idea of the honorable mentions too. I should mention some episodes. ;)

My thoughts:

- Blackbeard: How could I forget this one? :shock: The really bad editing and the god awful temple run in really hard to watch. Sabrina is a disgrace to the Red Jaguars. :roll:
- Lost Lion Tail: This episode is full of shame. The Silver Snakes dropping their sign is just painful to watch. And watching Claude inside the temple piss away an easy win is even more infuriating, especially after the Purple Parrots got a free pass to the temple.  :evil:
- Charles Lindbergh: I agree with this one to a certain extent. I thought the earlier rounds were sort of interesting like the live footage in the legend and Nick's temple game that was pretty rare. But I avoid the temple run for the same reasons as Enormous Feather. I would include this one on my honorable mentions list. Kim is another disgrace to the Red Jaguars.  :oops:
- Xerxes: This one can go on my "black list" too. I do like the competitive temple games, but Noelle and Pat making it to the temple makes my head spin thinking about it. They were a waste of space. :roll:
- Snow Cone: HOW DID I OVERLOOK THIS EPISODE?! :shock: Seriously, this episode was a waste of space with nothing good at all about it. Every single round was bad and the temple run was a suckfest also. This team wasted 3 minutes completing only 5 rooms. Yet, most teams in Season 3 would complete these same rooms in a minute or less. -_-

Here are a few more that could go on my black list:
- Lost Logbooks: A forgettable episode that was bad all the way through. It also ranked pretty low when I ranked it too. Triple capture or not, Jessica was a lost cause. :? The only notable thing is the Orange-Blue temple games with Blue winning.
- Jean Lafitte: Another episode I barely remember exists. The Blue Barracudas scraped by their whole episode and then go to the temple the same way we criticize Alhambra for. And they sucked too.
- Golden Chains: Nothing remarkable about this episode at all. All the rounds were bad and boring, and Justin was hard to watch in the temple.
- Grandy Nanny: The Orange Iguanas were pretty mediocre, and the rest of the episode was boring too. I hardly remember that this one exists.
- Silver Saddle Horn: Just like most of the Season 1 episodes on this list, this episode is full of mediocrity. It had the longest recorded moat, boring temple games, and a pretty disappointing temple run. There is just no reason for me to go back and watch it.
- Queen Nzinga: The earlier rounds sucked and the temple run was one of the worst triple captures. Don't waste your time with this one.
- Lily-Crested Crown: Another unremarkable Orange Iguanas episode. I don't care how close the temple games were, this episode was both boring and forgettable. And the temple run was just as unremarkable. Gwalior, an episode similar to this one, is much superior in every way.

Honorable mentions:
- Fountain of Youth: An episode that was really boring and unremarkable. You won't miss anything by skipping it.
- Stone Head: This is an unusual episode because there are some rounds I like a lot. But the really long moat and piss poor temple run make me not want to watch it again. I do like the legend and unique temple games.
- Nathan Hale: The triple capture was a load of crap and the earlier rounds had bad editing. The other rounds were okay though. Although I would hardly find time to watch it.
- Robert the Bruce: I have seen this episode a billion times, so I have no reason to watch it again. Even then, every round sucked and the Green Monkeys sucked in the temple too.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:49:07 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »
I guess I'm unusual: I don't refuse to watch any episodes. As bad as some episodes were, watching them makes me appreciate the successful teams even more.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
The Keys to the Alhambra
The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan
The Bifocal Monocle of One Eyed Jack
The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro
John Henry's Lost Hammer
The Dried Apple Half of William Tell
The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King
The Silver Cannonball of Grandy Nanny
Blackbeard's Treasure Map
The Lost Lion Tail of Little John

All of these pretty self explanatory

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 03:52:08 PM »
Here are a few more that could go on my black list:
- Lost Logbooks: A forgettable episode that was bad all the way through. It also ranked pretty low when I ranked it too. Triple capture or not, Jessica was a lost cause. :? The only notable thing is the Orange-Blue temple games with Blue winning.
- Jean Lafitte: Another episode I barely remember exists. The Blue Barracudas scraped by their whole episode and then go to the temple the same way we criticize Alhambra for. And they sucked too.
- Golden Chains: Nothing remarkable about this episode at all. All the rounds were bad and boring, and Justin was hard to watch in the temple.
- Grandy Nanny: The Orange Iguanas were pretty mediocre, and the rest of the episode was boring too. I hardly remember that this one exists.
- Silver Saddle Horn: Just like most of the Season 1 episodes on this list, this episode is full of mediocrity. It had the longest recorded moat, boring temple games, and a pretty disappointing temple run. There is just no reason for me to go back and watch it.
- Queen Nzinga: The earlier rounds sucked and the temple run was one of the worst triple captures. Don't waste your time with this one.
- Lily-Crested Crown: Another unremarkable Orange Iguanas episode. I don't care how close the temple games were, this episode was both boring and forgettable. And the temple run was just as unremarkable. Gwalior, an episode similar to this one, is much superior in every way.
My thoughts on those would be:
Lost Logbooks: I sort of agree, though I actually watched this episode very recently. But yeah, this episode was really dull in every sense. I guess it's worth it for a rare Orange Iguana temple loss, and a rare Blue-Orange match up, with Blue winning. But the temple run is so painful to watch.
Jean Lafitte: Agree with this one. And this was one of the "20 episode cycle" episodes too. Oh joy. -_-
Golden Chains: Sort of agree, that third temple game was so painful to watch. And Justin was kind of a tard in the temple.
Grandy Nanny: Agree, though this is an episode I can go back and watch for player rankings at least. Another 20 episode cycle gem too.
Silver Saddle Horn: Agree, this episode is so boring, just talking about it bores me. :roll:
Nzinga: Agree, though like Grandy Nanny, I could re watch if I need to rank the players.
Lily Crested Crown: Sort of agree, though it's another episode I've seen recently. :lol: If only the Purple Parrots had won the temple games. But you're right though, Gwalior is MUCH better than this one.

Honorable mentions:
- Fountain of Youth: An episode that was really boring and unremarkable. You won't miss anything by skipping it.
- Stone Head: This is an unusual episode because there are some rounds I like a lot. But the really long moat and piss poor temple run make me not want to watch it again. I do like the legend and unique temple games.
- Nathan Hale: The triple capture was a load of crap and the earlier rounds had bad editing. The other rounds were okay though. Although I would hardly find time to watch it.
- Robert the Bruce: I have seen this episode a billion times, so I have no reason to watch it again. Even then, every round sucked and the Green Monkeys sucked in the temple too.
Fountain of Youth: Agreed. I remember nothing about this episode, at all.
Stone Head: Agree, though some of the pre temple rounds, like the temple games, were pretty good.
Nathan Hale: Agreed, for all the same reasons you stated.
Robert the Bruce: Agreed, though unlike you, I've only seen the full episode, twice at most. XD But yeah, another episode I'll most likely skip over.

Though despite that, all the episode I/we listed above, are probably episodes I might go back and re watch anyways. :lol: But as for the ones I listed in my other post, no way. Those episodes just don't exist in my book.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:53:05 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 01:19:36 AM »
I really have no reason to go back and watch any of the episodes on my "black list" anymore except for maybe the player rankings. I did all of my episode rankings, so there is little need to go back and watch the really bad ones. I guess I will go back to those episodes for screenshots or references. But I will never watch those episodes again for recreational purposes.  Not in this lifetime at least. :o

Also, just a couple of more that will be added to my "black list":
- Silk Sash: I can't believe I use to think this episode was decent. Everything about it sucks! The Blue Barracudas were a sucky team, the Green Monkeys boy was obnoxious and annoying, and the temple run sucked too. Nothing great from this episode.  :roll:
- Bent Shaving Pan: So boring and I found little reason to sympathize for Irish. She moved way too slow for a frontrunner that it is hard to feel sorry for her and the cheap one room away guard.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 01:22:55 AM »
Oh yeah, I totally agree about Silk Sash and Bent Shaving Pan. Especially Bent Shaving Pan, that has got to be THE most forgettable episode ever. Irish and Brian are just a team I'm never gonna feel sorry for. Just looking at both those episode titles, it just reads "filler." :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 01:33:54 AM »
What about runs like Oracle Bowl and Thornwood Gavel? Those episodes did come to mind when making this list, but in these episodes cases the temple runs were really bad. With Oracle Bowl, the rest of the episode was rather good and Shane and Jackie were great before the temple run. And I liked the silly legend and unique temple games in Thornwood Gavel. But unfortunately, the temple runs make these episodes look bad. But I definitely can go back and rewatch these episodes at least. So they don't really belong on that list.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 01:47:36 AM »
Oracle Bowl is not an episode I would skip watching. It was one of my first ever Season 1 episodes, and it was actually a good episode before the temple run. It was just Jackie who ruined everything. :roll: Thornwood Gavel is an episode I sometimes skip over, but I don't skip it anymore though. Like Oracle Bowl, it was a pretty good episode before the temple run. It was just Kelli who screwed everything up. So I definitely don't think either one of those episodes count. ;)

Other episodes I'd add to my honorable mention are Dried Ear of Corn and Sacagewea. Neither episode is very exciting, and they don't stand out in any way. Sacagewea is especially boring. I just don't like that episode. But, I suppose it's worth a re watch at least once in a while. :P