Legends of the Hidden Temple: Real Life

Author Topic: Legends of the Hidden Temple: Real Life  (Read 944 times)

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« on: July 26, 2006, 10:24:02 AM »
Today, at camp, some of the counselors (& a 6th grader) helped set up this Temple, filled with mats & stuff & called it "Legends of the Hidden Temple". No one told me, so I got to play with another counselor. We wanted to be the Purple Parrots, but there were 12 teams, including us, so it was messed up. No Moat, but I don't blame them. The Steps of Knowledge. 9 questions about the counselors (they didn't do any questiosn about me & my partner). I got the second question right. By the way, each time you got a question, you got a Pendant of Life. Then, if you got a question right, you had to sit out for the rest, but your partner can still get a question. Then, my partner, who didn't read the bio sheet, I whispered the 5th question's answer to her. w00t! At the end, we were the only team with 2 Pendants, some people had none. So I went in the Temple first out of anybody. I had to crawl though this tunnel & pop out. Wham, Temple Guard (another counselor) took my Pendant. I ran through the hallway & I got stopped by the 6th grader. He wouldn't let me through, since I didn't have a Pendant with me now. So I had to backtrack, jump over a hurdle, & I'm supposed to roll across a scooter, as a Temple Guard tells me, & grab another Pendant, which is hidden around this hurdle of a mat. I didn't use the scooter, ran across, & grabbed the Pendant, in front of the hurdle, ran back to the 6th grader & ran across Home Plate. 50.27 seconds. Other people got 11 seconds & like 20, because they got let out through secret exits by nice Temple Guards, & apparently, I found out later that people who were going into the Temple with a Pendant, they weren't supposed to find the extra Pendant & just run through the 6th grader. It was pretty cheap, I thought it was crap, but still cool that we're doing Legends at camp! The head counselor said next week ( :( the last week), we'll do another one, but he'll make it much better. It was pretty cool.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »
Wow, sounded like it was fun!

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
Kinda. It was cool like "wow, we're playing my favorite show", but a lot of crappy quality.

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »
I used to play it at my house with my friends on my swing set.  We'd do three "Temple Games" which ranged from video games to basketball, and win pendents.  We'd then go through "rooms" without a teammate, and when we hit two Temple Guards, we just started over.  I had a lot of fun doing that, especially when two other people were at my house, not just one other

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:03:17 PM »
Cool.

I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum didn't play Legends of the Hidden Temple in the pool. I know i did. :P

Offline Mstrgmr

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:28:47 AM »
I did!

Offline Bluebarracuda7

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 04:36:54 PM »
that'd be awesome playing Legends in camp. if i were a counselor, i'd hold "try-outs" for contestants so that there'd only be six teams (like it should be)

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 05:26:56 PM »
I wish I knew somebody else, even a single person, outside the internet who knows about Legends of the Hidden Temple. Maybe then a mock show would be possible.

That sounded fun, though. You remind me of those mock-ups on YouTube. :D

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 05:32:46 PM »
Haha, Legends of the Not-So Hidden Temple. That was wicked messed up! I might wanna have a Legends party, instead of The Mole 3, Survivor, or Big Brother. Who cares if there are 2 guy partners together?

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »
I just played thru a Legends episode with my friend today (he's not as familiar with the show as i am,) except we kinda got rid of the Steps and Moat.

We actually used one of the Rediscovery artifacts, the Half-Burnt Torch of Mary Tudor and there we were playing the Temple Games first.  They were kinda like races across the Moat (this path thru a forest was kinda floody and we raced across logs trying not to fall in,) he won the first two and we tied the big untimed last race which led to the Temple.

Then my friend tried to race thru the Temple (these campgrounds where we set up a bunch of stages for each room.)  He had 2 Pendants but we were just gonna wait a few seconds for each room entered as a hold-up when he got captured.  The 12 rooms? The Vault, the Ledges, the Great Chasm, the Throne Room (Season 1 but with two actuators on the back,) the Junction of the Secret Shafts (although we didn't set up any shafts,) the Mine Shaft, the Room of the Secret Password, the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, the Room of the Ancient Warriors, the sundial-style Observatory, the Burial Pit and the Dungeon of the Lone Column where the Torch was.  Now they weren't exactly connected like the real rooms were since we couldn't set up any walls or doors, so I just had to use the play-by-play to tell him wether or not doors opened and when Temple Guards appeared.

So, he went in to the Ledges (a big rock formation) and immediately hit a Guard.  He went into the Great Chasm and the Mine Shaft where he just busted thru into the Shrine.  The head of the monkey was hidden pretty well, but he got it and entered the Throne Room with jsut under 2 minutes to meet the second Temple Guard.  So we had him wait for "himself" to make it that far before he could keep going.  He went thru the ridiculously elongated Junction of the Secret Shafts, got lucky in the Room of the Ancient Warriors (althou he didn't need to enter it,) spun the sundial and met the last Guard in the Observatory.  Then he found the key in the Burial Pit sarcophagus and grabbed the Torch with about 40 seconds left.  So he blazed thru a quick path out including the Vault? sending the safe wheel spinning as he ran by? and logged a win with 0:04 left!

Suddenly I thought, after going thru the play-by-play, that i should try it with the same layout and Pendant count.  I got to the Half-Burnt Torch with about the same amount of time left, after taking the exact same path my friend did, but i ran out of time just as I was leaving the room before the Vault, I forget which one it was now.

So then we were out of breath, walked back home thru a combination Moat/"bamboo forest" Temple Game and i started thinking of Moats i could use later on in The Rediscovery.  I think that was a great way to spend an afternoon outside, don't you?
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Turbo Barracuda

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 04:08:27 PM »
that is pretty cool that your camp actually knew about the show olmec!!