Author Topic: Biggest fails on Legends?  (Read 2088 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest fails on Legends?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 04:48:41 PM »
Biggest Legends fails? I'm sure you can add a few Fogg-ups to that list.

Oh, for sure.

"Oh, I know this game. It's called Ring around the Monster!"

"They'll be digging through a lot of rubble. Barney Rubble!"

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
Biggest Legends fails? I'm sure you can add a few Fogg-ups to that list.

Oh, for sure.

"Oh, I know this game. It's called Ring around the Monster!"

"They'll be digging through a lot of rubble. Barney Rubble!"

Adding onto that:

"The key to this game is...the key!"

"She pulls her socks up because she's a cool customer!"

And his voice edit for The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe temple run was terrible too.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »
Another Fogg-up:

"Give me those Mox-a-kins!"

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline Triple10X

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »

"She pulls her socks up because she's a cool customer!"

And later it's "She pulls up her sock; she's cool!"  :D

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 12:00:38 AM »
Hey TRJ, how is the ranking process going? ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 01:03:23 AM »
I am also finished with #46-50, hopefully I will be able to post it by tonight. The list is kind of detailed with the reasoning being I am going to post it on a website so I can keep the list all on one page.

Also, I am surprised that no one posted the "They are tangled, oh what a mighty web we've weaved for our contestants" from "The Keys to the Alhambra" run. That quote always makes me smile and its also random.  :lol:

Some more Fogg-ups:

"You might want to aim a little higher" - "Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand"

"By the looks of thongs, you are a little soapy" - "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa"

"Make that heart beat make it beat" - "The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great"

"The Pendant" - "The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary"

"The Cabinets of the Secret Cabinets" - "The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley"

"First things first when you are assembling a monkey, huh?" - "John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine"

"She wanted high adventures and she is on one now" - "The Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata"

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
Here's the list I have compiled so far for the "Biggest 50 Legends Fails". The post may be written like a blog, but I made it this way because I am adding this list to a separate website so I can post the entire list onto one page. The list is tentative at the moment and I might change the positioning of certain fails sometime down the road. Once I have completed a certain section of the list, then I will compile them into a video.

Legends Fails #46-50:

50. "The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth"Eddie takes a tumble

In season three, the new Pit of the Pendulum required the contestants to knock down a column in order to proceed to the next room. In order to do this, most contestants would mount themselves onto a rope (the "Pendulum") and knock the stone column down from there. After knocking it down, the contestants would then proceed to try and swing back to the platform, saving them time from climbing the wall. Many contestants failed to make it back, and Fast Eddie was no exception. In Eddie's case however, he wasn't able to turn around fast enough, and as a result, he takes a nasty hit into the platform. The hit was so bad that you can even hear him grunt when he hits the ground! Poor guy, but he was able to get right back up though and climb the wall.

49. ":roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:" —  Jeremy the magnificent

This kid hardly put in any effort into the temple, yet he celebrates as if pressing two actuators was some kind of accomplishment. His partner Erica covered five rooms in about a minute, and that included completing an actual objective in the Wheel Room. She is taken out two rooms away from the Shrine. Jeremy entered with 2 minutes left on the clock. With such an easy layout, you would think that they would have at least over a minute left on the clock. But not with Jeremy though. He moves so slow and looks clueless in the rooms he entered. It takes him about 1:30 to push two actuators and bring the Silk Ladder back to the temple gate. He even had the nerve to slow down and celebrate once he got to the bottom of the Steps.

48. "John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine"The Sheet of Despair

During the ending of the temple run, Jennifer of the Blue Barracudas is just about to bring out the Map to the Lost Gold Mine and score a win. As she is about to cross the temple gates though, she slips over a tarp that was sitting near the giant golden torches. She was able to get back fine and even score the win, but the question remains - what was that sheet doing there in the first place? No other temple run had that sheet lying around.

47. "Galileo's Cannonball"Yeah, that's believable...

Legends had some weird artifacts and legends throughout the history of the show, but the legend of "Galileo's Cannonball" is among one of the most unusual. The legend starts out fine with talking about something that related to the cannonball and Galileo dropping them from the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Then all of a sudden, the legend  randomly then begins to talk about how pepperoni pizza was made when Galileo dropped the cannonballs from the Leaning Tower. This moment was so corny that the contestants were staring with disbelief and even Kirk Fogg shook his head. You know your legends are bad when even Kirk Fogg doesn't even find them funny.

46. "The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud"Jennifer takes a boulder to the kn... face

During the team temple games, the contestants had to run under a large boulder to grab a wax head and bring it back without getting hit by the boulder. First, Nicholas of the Orange Iguanas goes out to get a Wax head and he is successful. But when Jennifer runs out, she takes the boulder right to the face! She then falls to the side and stammers for a brief second before getting back up and getting the wax head for her team.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:41:25 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »
Looks good so far. However, I would've put #50 on the top and #46 on the bottom of the post, like a countdown. ;)

I'm a little surprised Jennifer's face plant was ranked so low, but like you said, things could change.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
Good list so far. I didn't even notice you posted #'s 46-50 backwards until PP319 pointed them out. :lol:

It takes him about 1:30 to push two actuators and bring the Silk Ladder back to the temple game.
And it's temple gate, not game. ;)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
I also like that you're including pics with your rankings. Seeing Kirk's reaction in Galileo's Cannonball is priceless. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 01:40:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback you guys. I like the idea that PP319 proposed for the countdown, so I went ahead and edited my post to reflect the change. I also fixed the typo that PPF pointed out for the Jeremy one.

I'm a little surprised Jennifer's face plant was ranked so low, but like you said, things could change.

I don't know, I feel as if that wasn't a too big of a fail. It was a funny moment, but its not like it changed the outcome of the temple games and she was able to get right back up and grab the next head. But like I said, the list is tentative and it will probably change once I rank more of them.

Also, I hope to have #41-45 up soon. ;)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been said, but what about Noelle and her "I can't swing on the rope properly but I'll keep trying! Oh wait, I can just push it."?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been said, but what about Noelle and her "I can't swing on the rope properly but I'll keep trying! Oh wait, I can just push it."?

Most definitely! That team didn't even put up any effort in the temple. They were both slow and her partner couldn't make any progress with the minute they had on the clock. Both were incompetent also even if the layout was hard.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
Here is my next set of rankings for the latest Legends fails list. Once again, I used the input from everyone in this topic and it included on this list. It took me a while to rank these next set of rankings, but I hope they are agreeable for the most part.  :mrred:

Legends Fails #41-45:

45. "The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson"Should've just left that unedited...

During the last few seconds of the temple run, Derek of the Purple Parrots makes a last ditch effort to try and assemble the monkey. What happens though is that he accidentally drops the torso of the Silver Monkey over the edge in the last couple of seconds of the run, probably due to struggling to assemble the monkey. While the mistake was easy to overlook due to little time he had, the producers tried a little too hard to edit the mistake out. What happens though is that the camera pans out to a wider view of the temple and we can see the monkey torso falling into the Dark Forest as Derek awkwardly watches as the monkey falls below. It probably would've just been better to leave the monkey drop unedited as it looked more silly when they panned out of the Shrine of the Silver Monkey.

44. "The Pendant of Kamehameha"The straggling temple guard

Everyone remembers this temple run for its heartbreaking ending where Tina finishes one room away from the artifact only for her to be taken out by a temple guard in the Dungeon. Let's be honest, the temple guard encounter was to be expected due to the path the team took in the temple - there was no way to avoid that temple guard at all. And it wasn't exactly the temple guard's fault for not catching Tina when she enters te Dungeon because Tina moved both fast and the tarp in the Dungeon probably slowed the guard down. But still, the moment is so awkward that it warrants a place on this list. Just watching the temple guard strolling into the Tomb of the Ancient Kings like he missed his cue made it a very unusual and awkward moment for Robbie and Tina.

43. "The Silk Sash of Mulan"When morons ruin it for their partner

The Green Monkey boy in the temple games for this episode just looked like an idiot in general. In his temple game where the players had to spin the giant Olmec Pendant, he kept running really fast on the wheel to the point that he kept falling off. And when he fell off the wheel, it took him a long time to get back up and try again. After the temple game is over, he stands there looking clueless before making a dumb pose in front of the camera. And then in the team game, he was the player in the swinging sack and had to use his body to help his partner knock down the soldiers. Except that he wasn't even trying in this temple game either and was just swinging around like an idiot. As bad as the Blue Barracudas were in the temple in this episode, I am glad they made it to the temple over this moron.

42. "The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen"We appreciate the Temple Spirits help for once

Many people remember this episode for the amazing temple win by Zac Turney. But this episode might've not been a win if it wasn't for his partner Miriam. The girl just wasted too much time backtracking between the Dark Forest and Jester's Court because she was supposedly afraid of the trees in the Dark Forest. The teams only had three minutes in the temple to reach the artifact and it is simply not enough time to goof around and be afraid to complete an objective. Thankfully, there was a temple spirit in the Dark Forest that removed Miriam from the temple. Luckily for her, Zac hauled ass to get all the way to where Miriam left off and even brought the Secret Map out of the temple. So this wasn't that big of a fail after all, but the point still stands that Miriam almost blew this win had she not been taken out earlier in the temple.

41. "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard" "The producers are racist..."

Out of all the titles the producers could've used for this episode, they just had to use a title that relates to the Ku Klux Klan. An "Imperial Wizard" during the Reconstruction-era was the name of the leader for the KKK that was the head honco of all the operations of the Klan. Luckily though, the episode had nothing to do with the KKK. But wait, this episode manages to be even more racist! In the legend, the Emperor has a wife named "Ling Ling" who he loves with all his heart. When his wife died, he tries to find a way to revive her. The legend doesn't sound so bad, but enter two more Chinese women named "Ring Ling" and "Wing Ding" who are asked to be the wife for Emperor Wu-Ti. The producers apparently think that every Chinese woman's name should rhyme with "ing". Both of the names sound dumb and it just ruins the legend for the episode. Way to go producers. :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 10:54:08 PM »
Another good list. From the poor editing at the end of the "Henry Hudson" run, to the racist (and ridiculous) "Imperial Wizard" legend. In the "Kamehameha" screencap, it looks like Tina is getting arrested by the temple guard. That's what it always looked like to me everytime I saw that run. :lol:

And I definitely remember that idiot boy on the Green Monkeys in the "Silk Sash" episode. I'm glad he didn't make it to the temple. :roll: