Author Topic: Biggest fails on Legends?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest fails on Legends?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »
Hey, I got an idea. How about we all come up with our own top 50 fails of Legends? They don't have to be from the temple runs. It can be anything and anyone, from player failures to Kirk Fogg failures. If top 50 is too much, then you can reduce the number. I say come up with the fails first, then rank them. The first one you come up with might not be #1. Heck, if you can come up with more than 50 failures, then it might not even rank in the top 50. This sounds like a huge project, but it might work.

I can come up with plenty of fails, but ranking them might be a hassle.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
Also, if we do plan on making a big YouTube video or separate videos out of this, then how are we going to get the footage? I originally had something that could record sounds/music and videos on my laptop, but that's what caused my computer to get a virus. Would anyone else be willing to try this?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »
Okay, I just compiled a huge list of fails and I was able to come up with 75 fails. 75! Most of them were in the temple run, but not all of them. Should I post the list that I came up with? If so, then maybe we can add onto it. I didn't rank anything, just compiled.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »
Sure, go ahead. :)

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
Okay, this one is going to be huge. I think it's 75, but I might've miscounted. Sorry if it's too big, but here it is:

-The entire Golden Cricket Cage temple run

-Aqila passing up the half pendant AND the Golden Pepperoni

-Larry’s epic fail with the Silver Monkey in the Mysterious Manuscript temple run

-Tarrah’s fall into the pit in the Milk Bucket run

-Jeremy’s temple run performance and him after winning the grand prize in " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: "

-Jeremy cheating in his temple game in the Golden Spider Web episode

-The Dungeon temple guard in The Pendant of Kamehameha

-Ron’s exit strategy in The Treasure of Anne Bonny temple run

-Ron cheating in the moat in the same episode

-Nick jumping out of the temple in Henry VIII’s Great Seal temple run

-Tara’s exit plan in The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary temple run

-Jason’s stupidity in The Broken Wing of Icarus temple run

-Jason trying to backtrack twice in The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass temple run

-Dana’s yelling and incompetence in the same run

-Jennifer’s face plant into the boulder in the team temple game from The Melted Head of Madame Tussaud

-Jennifer’s big mouth in the temple run from the same episode

-Lauren’s big mouth and incompetence in the temple run from The Dried Apple Half of William Tell

-Kim in the temple run for John Henry’s Lost Hammer

-Kim in the temple run for The Missing Weather Maps of Charles Lindbergh

-Kimberly dropping the Trident in The Broken Trident of Poseidon temple run and not escaping in time with no temple guard encounters; loss was a solo effort

-Jennifer tripping over the tarp at the end of the temple run from John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine

-Jennifer just missing the Pearl in The Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl temple run

-The production crew expecting way to much in runs like Ponce de Leon, Bullet-Riddled Handbag, and Discarded Seal

-Katie stalling for a minute in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers from The Lily-Crested Crown of Clovis I temple run

-Tony wasting nearly half of the three minute time limit in Medusa’s Lair in The Stone Head of the Evil King, and then acting stupid in the King’s Storeroom

-Tony almost blowing the first ever Purple Parrot win with his bad exit plan in The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid

-Randy almost blowing the last ever Purple Parrot win with her bad exit plan in The Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen

-Janeen’s hesitation in the temple run for The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie

-Karissa’s horrible effort in the temple run for The Enormous Feather of the Me Linh

-The Holes of Python-Tomb of the Ancient Kings door opening in The Mask of Shaka Zulu

-Joel blowing a chance to beat Shaka Zulu’s record with his exit plan in The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe

-Maggie losing her pendant before the first temple guard encounter in The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King

-Kelly completely blowing the temple run in The Thornwood Gavel of Judge Roy Bean

-Kerry being super slow and stupid in The Cracked Crown of the Spanish King temple run

-“Ambassador! Ambassador!” tiebreaker answer in The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin

-“Colonel Sanders” answer at the Steps of Knowledge in Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man’s Hand

-Kristin’s piss poor performance in the temple run for The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart

-The Silver Snakes dropping their sign in the team temple game from The Lost Lion Tail of Little John

-Claude’s awful effort in the temple run from the same episode

-Ashley getting stuck in the Dark Forest in The Bonnet of Dolley Madison

-Sabrina’s temple run performance in Blackbeard’s Treasure Map

-Lisa backtracking to the Cave of Sighs in The Keys to the Alhambra temple run

-Mitchell trying to assemble the Silver Monkey after grabbing the Moccasins in The Moccasins of Geronimo

-The Cave of Sighs temple guard just looking helplessly as Lea escapes with The Star of Sultan Saladin

-Jackie getting stuck in the Room of the Three Torches in The Oracle Bowl of Delphi temple run

-Evan in the temple run for The Stolen Arm of Shiva

-Chris running between Olmec and the Cave of Sighs in The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa

-Everything bad Chris did after assembling the Silver Monkey in Pecos Bill’s Lost Lariat

-Ryann’s lack of attention costing her immediately in The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubamn temple run

-The hyper-active temple guards in The Silk Sash of Mulan

-Josh’s close encounter with The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora

-Everyone not realizing that the temple run had ended in The Missing Eye of David

-Nick sticking the Storeroom key in the wrong place in The Leopard-Skin Cloak of Annie Oakley

-Kelly losing the Silver Monkey belly in The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma

-Derek doing the same thing in The Upside-Down Compass of Henry Hudson, but with a horrible camera edit

-Wrong sound effects being edited in twice when a boy got caught by a temple guard: girl scream SFX for Brian in The Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon (Laser Light Room) and Brian in The Sacred Ring of Sultan Suleiman (Observatory)

-Renee missing an obvious half pendant in The Crown of Queen Nzinga

-Christina missing the half pendant twice in The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale

-The Blue Barracudas screwing themselves over in the temple run for The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin (bad temple planning)

-The Orange Iguanas in The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack temple run

-Casey’s temple performance in The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro

-Miriam backtracking in The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen

-Jared looking for the Dark Forest key when he could’ve just plowed through the wall in The Mystical Spell Book of the Imperial Wizard

-The door locking shut in The War Fan of the 47 Ronin temple run (Headless Kings)

-The two critical mistakes in the William the Conqueror temple run: Olivia trying to make it back to the platform (only the Headless Kings opened, pointless move) and Jonathan missing the already opened Chamber door

-Noelle doing a horrible job in The Marble Armrest of Xerxes temple run

-Damian’s speed in The Lost Whale Bone of Pytheas temple run

-Eddie’s face plant in the pit in The Dried Ear of Corn of Sojourner Truth temple run

-Quentin trying to enter the temple early in The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu after Brandy’s first temple guard in the King’s Storeroom

-Some of the artifacts that made it onto the show

-Some of the legends being stupid like Cosa Rara

-“I’m grounded for two weeks without TV’ from The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu

-The Great Linguini

-Wing Ding and Ring Ling

-Kirk Fogg’s commentary throughout the show
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:46:19 PM by PurpleParrot319 »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
Am I missing anything big that should be added?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »
Thanks everyone for your contribution. In response to PP319's question, I plan on breaking down the videos into different numbers like "41-50", "31-40", etc. This way I don't have one big ass video that will take forever to load for other users and make the uploading process more smoother. Now the next step is to rank the actual epic fail moments.

And I appreciate the contributions in this topic too. I think I have enough now to try and make a top 50. For your list PP319, I glanced over them and agree with almost all of them. I don't think some should be considered epic fails like Jennifer missing the Blue Pearl or Tony from "The Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid" exit plan. In Jennifer's case, I don't think it was that big of an epic fail for her to miss the Blue Pearl, even though she didn't need to use a dramatic dive at all. I would consider "The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora" to be a bigger fail due to the elevator stopping when Josh was mere inches from the Robe.

Overall, I want to start to get working on the biggest epic fails.  :mrred:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 08:04:35 AM »
The reason the elevator stopped in Imperial Purple Robe is because Josh let go of the buttons on the elevator. I consider close encounters where the item was just missed to be fails, like the Blue Pearl run. If you think about it, it was a failure to grab the object at the last moment. I guess you can add Tess' close encounter with the Dried Ear of Corn to my list as well.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »
So with the list I put together, should we try to rank everything from that list? We can try it and then decide whether we want to make a set of YouTube videos for the top 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 fails. I think we should all come together and make this happen the best to our ability.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »
When ranking them, I think the bigger fails should be higher up the list like ones that have an impact on the team's chances at getting to the temple or a temple win. Fails like the Silver Snakes in "Little John", "AMBASSADOR!" "AMBASSADOR!", and Kimberly dropping the Trident. I am starting with a ranking for 41-50, so hopefully I can make a list by tomorrow. ;)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »
Can we all agree that John and Tia's temple performance is the #1 fail?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 11:35:44 PM »
Can we all agree that John and Tia's temple performance is the #1 fail?

No doubt in my mind that would be number one. How a team gets lost in rooms like the Throne Room and Heart Room and wastes all three minutes there always baffled my mind. I mean there were plenty of teams with stupid players, but the Silver Snakes in that episode took stupidity to a new level. I would've seriously burned this episode and start from scratch. Nothing can top this suckfest.

And at the moment I am working on a list for 46-50. Maybe I will post it here a little later. ;)

Offline Triple10X

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
Not sure if this counts, but in "The Belly Button of Buddha", the male from the Purple Parrots is crossing the moat on the raft...and somehow fails.  All four teams have clocked in, but the first player who only has to paddle with his hands across the moat on a raft somehow doesn't make it over.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember that. It certainly made the Purple Parrots look bad in that episode. I'd consider that a pretty big fail, maybe we could add other poor teams who didn't make it past the moat.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »
Biggest Legends fails? I'm sure you can add a few Fogg-ups to that list.