Author Topic: Worst Temple Run Ever?  (Read 471 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Worst Temple Run Ever?
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
What is the Worst Temple Run Ever, to me it's Golden Cricket Cage Of Khan, worst victory is  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Temple Run Ever?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
Yeah, Cricket Cage is definitely the worst. I mean, 4 rooms in 3 minutes? Agree about Silk Ladder being the worst victory too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
The worst temple run is easily "The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan". Even Sabrina covered more runs than both of those jokes. It was amazing how both of them could be that stupid. I know plenty of runs had stupid players, but these two took stupidity to the new level. IMO, these are the worst temple runs in Legends history:

1. "The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan"
2. "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack"
3. "Blackbeard's Treasure Map"
4. "The Lost Lion Tail of Little John"
5. "John Henry's Lost Hammer"
6. "The Keys to the Alhambra"
7. "The Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro"
8. "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale"
9. "The Marble Armrest of Xerxes"
10. "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship"

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »
No "Dried Apple Half" or "Silver Cannonball"?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »

Silver Cannonball? No. Dried Apple Half? Absolutely yes.

Worst run? Definitely Golden Cricket Cage. Worst win? Again, it has to be Silk Ladder.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »

I don't really consider "Grandy Nanny" a bottom 10 run at all. I might not even consider it a bottom 20 run either. I mean the players were slow and kind of clueless, but the run was so sloppy and awkward that it was more of a mess than a terrible run. The team still made it far though even though they kind of sucked. I think other season two runs like "Sacred Ring", "Spanish King", "Queen Nzinga", and "Charles Lindbergh" is much worse than that run.

I do agree that "William Tell" belongs in the top 10. I would probably put it at #9 and "Xerxes" at #10.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »
So I was browsing the Legends forum on IMDB, and someone posted their list "Ten Worst Temple Runs". Now, I don't expect everyone to have the same taste as me, but this list is just laughable. I will let you see the list yourself to see how bad it is.

Now, the 10 worst Temple Runs:

10. The Golden Spider Web of Robert the Bruce- the teams were caught with thirty second to go. If the boy hadn't cheated in the Temple Games, they would have had two pendants and could have kept going.
09. The Crown of Queen Nzinga- the players were caught with 1:07 to go, one of the quicker losses ever. In their defense, the Temple guards were right next to each other, literally.
08. The Broken Wing of Icarus- I hate to put this one up, because Jason of the Green Monkeys got the Wing. However, he made two unnecessary detours in the Observatory and forced himself to go down, and didn't make it out in time.
07. The Treasure of Anne Bonny- basically the same story. Ron of the Red Jaguars took an unnecessary route and time ran out before he could get through. However, he was the only person to find the half pendant in Season 1, and needed it, because there was a third guard right above.
06. The Pendant of Kamehameha- they were caught with about a minute to go in the Dungeon. However, the guard was late to get into the room, so it is a little unfair. However, they only had one pendant anyway. Believe it or not, this is one of only two times that a team with one pendant was captured.
05. The Keys to the Alhambra- the girl on the Red Jaguars didn't know that she could go up to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, and went backwards for the rest of the run.
04. The Useless Map of the Chibcha Chieftain- the second-quickest loss ever, and the only other episode where a team with one pendant gets caught. The boy on the Orange Iguanas was captured with 1:23 to go.
03. The Walking Stick of Harriet Tubman- the boy was taken out in the Shrine, the girl ran up to the Crypt. They had 1.5 pendants. The problem: the boy started in the Ledges. Conventional wisdom says that you don't create a new path unless you have two pendants. Ryann ran up to the Crypt, and with 1:20 left, was captured by the third Temple Guard!
02. Elizabeth I's Golden Ship- the fastest loss ever. They lost with 1:30 left on the clock. If the players had moved faster, it could have been worse.
01. The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan- not only did both players enter the Temple, but they both sucked. They covered only 4 rooms in 3:00, and only one room had an actual challenge to it (The Throne Room). The girl tried climbing the rope, kept falling off, and then tried again. This was one of the first episodes ever, and it didn't look good in the start, but luckily it got better.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 09:04:33 PM »
IMDB boards for Legends are always crap. Sometimes they'll literally plagiarize our posts, and post them as their own there. As some sort of attempt to be "smart." I remember they did that with various old posts TPP made here back in the day. As for the above list, I think the person who made that list assumed "the temple run had a bad outcome, so it's automatically the worst temple run ever." It's like they didn't at the whole temple run, and just saw the outcome. I mean, I know everyone has their opinions, but some people take things way out of context and/or too literally.

To get more on topic here, Cricket Cage is still the worst run. And always will be.

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »
I think that the sacred ring of sultan suleiman is worse than the lost lion tail of little john, because there were few-to-none redeeming factors about that run. at least claude noticed the half pendant. btw im new here, nice to meet you all!

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »
Welcome to the Forum SGLegendsFan! 

And yes Sultan Suleiman is a pretty bad  run and it's also forgettable, Little John was a bad episode too but I hate it more than Sultan Suleiman, even if Claude found the Half-Pendant, he was still a bad player. These are just some of my opinions on the two episodes.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 10:54:51 AM »
I think that the sacred ring of sultan suleiman is worse than the lost lion tail of little john, because there were few-to-none redeeming factors about that run. at least claude noticed the half pendant. btw im new here, nice to meet you all!

Hello, and welcome!   :)

I'd have to agree that the overall quality of the "Lost Lion Tail" run was just about the same as or just slightly worse than the "Suleiman" run. On top of Claude finding the half pendant, Marie seemed like she knew what she was doing in the temple. Even though the "Suleiman" run isn't one of the greatest runs of the show, I think the biggest thing to go wrong was that Brian got caught in a dead end which he easily could have avoided. I don't really blame Gracelyn for passing by her half pendant because of its awkward location at the bottom of the Troubled Bridge. (Contrastingly, Claude's half pendant was blatantly in front of his face, and the door that held the half pendant was the only one that opened. He pretty much HAD to see it.) Additionally, I believe that Gracelyn's backtracking into Medusa's Lair was the way the path was supposed to lead her; she didn't aimlessly wander in the wrong direction, only to have the run end.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:43:05 PM by PurpleParrot4Life »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
Another new member! Welcome and hopefully you can stick around and post more. ;)

I have a hard time deciding which run is worst between "Sultan Suleiman" and "Lost Lion Tail". I have to say that "Lost Lion Tail" overall is the worst temple run. First off, the Purple Parrots only got to the temple due to the Silver Snakes screwing up. Marie was fine, but Claude was terrible. He was so slow and he got lost in easy rooms like the Swamp and Mine Shaft. The "Sultan Suleiman" kids made some dumb decisions in the temple, but at least they looked like they knew what they were doing. Ad with 0:45 seconds still on the clock, they could've finished one room away from the Dark Forest.

Sultan Suleiman > Lost Lion Tail

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:59 PM »
Another new member! Welcome and hopefully you can stick around and post more. ;)

I have a hard time deciding which run is worst between "Sultan Suleiman" and "Lost Lion Tail". I have to say that "Lost Lion Tail" overall is the worst temple run. First off, the Purple Parrots only got to the temple due to the Silver Snakes screwing up. Marie was fine, but Claude was terrible. He was so slow and he got lost in easy rooms like the Swamp and Mine Shaft. The "Sultan Suleiman" kids made some dumb decisions in the temple, but at least they looked like they knew what they were doing. Ad with 0:45 seconds still on the clock, they could've finished one room away from the Dark Forest.

Sultan Suleiman > Lost Lion Tail

This. Because of what was just said, I think Suleiman is better than Little John.

Welcome to the site SGL! :D

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline SGLegendsfan

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
Thanks everyone :DD