Author Topic: The NFL Football topic  (Read 34909 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The NFL Football topic
« Reply #1425 on: January 02, 2020, 12:21:53 PM »
My Steelers really suffered a lot of setbacks with injuries. I'm surprised we were even in the hunt to begin with. We would've been a waste of a playoff spot honestly.

I think the Titans can give the Pats trouble. The Pats this year really look off compared to previous seasons. I think the Pats will win, but it won't mean anything in the long run. I think the Ravens and Chiefs will be playing in the AFC title game and I think the Ravens will win that game if it happens.

The NFC is up in the air. The only teams I don't think will do anything are the Eagles and Vikings. The other four could easily make it to the Super Bowl. I think I'll go with the Saints. They're playing really well. The 49ers are playing great too, but I'll take the experience of the Saints to get to the Super Bowl.

A Ravens-Saints Super Bowl would be awesome I think. Two high-powered offenses going at it. If it happens, it could be the best Super Bowl ever, just as long as no serious injuries happen before that.

Also, I think the Bills will win their first playoff game of the century against the Texans. That would be awesome if it happens.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1426 on: January 04, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
Bills & Texans in overtime. TSM has to be freaking out

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 04, 2020, 08:20:02 PM »
Kill me now. Way to fucking choke it away, guys.  :cry:

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1428 on: January 04, 2020, 08:25:57 PM »
Damn that had to be another true Bills way to choke. The whole game turned when JJ Watt got a sack.

I speak for everyone when I say... Go Titans!

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 04, 2020, 11:20:18 PM »
Well, on the bright side, Cheatriots lose!!! :D

And the Super Bowl just got a hell of a lot more watchable.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1430 on: January 04, 2020, 11:25:15 PM »
Ding dong! The Patriots are dead!!!! Thank you Titans!

These playoffs got much more enjoyable now

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 04, 2020, 11:28:32 PM »
The bad news: the Bills lost and that means another game of watching the boring ass Texans in the playoffs. :roll:

The good news: good bye Patriots! :D

I'm glad the Titans got the final wild card spot and not us. We would've gotten crushed most likely. These Titans look legit, though I doubt they'll beat the Ravens.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1432 on: January 04, 2020, 11:47:27 PM »
I don’t know if Tennessee stands a chance against Baltimore. Beating New England this year wasn’t much to say. Houston does have a shot against Kansas City since they have beaten them there at Arrowhead, but I would still pick the Chiefs.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline TempleFan322

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 05, 2020, 01:17:07 AM »
I’m a Pat’s fan, and while I’m upset they’re out, I actually couldn’t be more happy right now. I love TB12, and if this was his last game in New England, then I’ll shake his hand and wish him all the best with whatever team he decides to sign with.

Right now, though, I wanna throw a little flare into the mix right now and kinda break away from football and bring up some baseball real quick.

Now, please, just stay with me;

In 2004, the Boston Red Sox (yes, I know another Boston team, but just see where I’m going), became the first team to win a championship in baseball after being down 3 game to none. While it has been seen in other sports, like the Boston Bruins (yes, again, I know. I’m sorry) losing to the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2010 playoffs, or even the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup after being down 3 to none in their series in 1942, and while teams have comeback from a 3-1 deficit in baseball, not 1 team came back from 3 games down until that series. As we all know, the Red Sox came back, won, and swept the Cardinals to win their first World Series title since 1918.

The 2004 World Series was the 100th edition (or 100th year, take your pick) of the event, which involved a team with the most infamous curse in sports history, The Curse of the Great Bambino, being broken after 86 years.

That leads me back to the NFL. This is the 100th season, a full century of the game. While the Patriots and their dynasty winning a 7th title and Brady basically becoming more powerful than Thanos sounds like a true story for the league’s 100th year, we need a team that has that underdog feeling, or even a redemption story, hell, even the full circle story.

Saints-Obviously, last year’s missed pass interference was horse crap. With them in the playoffs, they can make the huge run to the Super Bowl and erase the demons from last year.

Chiefs-The team that everybody thought would win last year and defeat the Pats. Mahomes is a beast and is leading the future of young QBs.

Seahawks and Eagles- 2 teams that I personally can’t stand, but I did love Philly’s Super Bowl win. The 2 of them are the definition of underdogs this season. I honestly didn’t expect either team to make playoffs, but here we are.

Vikings-They have been to the Super Bowl 4 times and haven’t won once. Diggs’ last second catch 2 years ago against the Saints was literally a fairy tale ending, until the Eagles slammed the book shut. Minnesota fans have been dying to see a Lombardi Trophy, with their last championship happening in 1969 before the AFL-NFL merger.

49’ers-With their last championship coming in 1994, they went a perfect 5 for 5 when they entered the Super Bowl until the Ravens stopped them from their 6th title in 2013. Nearly 6 years after their last post season appearance, they look to be in good shape, but the ghosts of Kaepernick past might still be lingering in them.

Texans-A team I’ve always had a soft spot for (don’t know why, I just do), they never could make it past the Divisional Playoffs, falling to the wayside thanks to the Pats twice in the past 8 years and once to the Ravens. With this year being their 20th anniversary (18th technically) and J.J. Watt returning after what was though to be a season ending injury, and him being legit one of the most charitable athletes in sports, this could be his run to the top.

Titans-“The Tackle”, “One Yard Short”, “The Longest Yard”. Whatever you call it, it was just heart breaking. For those that don’t know, Rams linebacker Mike Jones tackled Titans wide receiver Kevin Dyson one yard short of a touchdown and potential game tying drive in the last seconds of Super Bowl 34. That was the closest the Titans came, legitimately, to a Super Bowl title, not having seen a championship game, or winning one, since 1961 when they were known as the Houston Oilers. Finally breaking the plane of the end zone and scoring in the Super Bowl will erase the memory of the 2000 Super Bowl.

Ravens-2 teams can say they’re undefeated at the Super Bowl, the Ravens and the Saints. With the Ravens having won in their only 2 appearances, if title #3 is coming, they don’t have to worry about the Pats stopping them again. However, they missed playoffs from 2015 until last year, with last year they were knocked out by the Chargers in the Wild Card round. This year the earned the bye and will face the Titans, so we just gotta wait and see.

Packers-Where do I start? Along with NFL100, it is also the Packers 100th year as well (99th season and 101st all around, but who’s counting). The Vince Lombardi Torphy being named after their former coach. The winners of the 47th AFL-NFL World Championship Game, which was also the first game under the Super Bowl moniker. This screams “full circle” and “classic”. They are back in the playoffs since missing them in back to back seasons, and with a new head coach and a bye, they can end the season the same way it all began.

History will be made in just a few short weeks, and I hope it’s an epic tale.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 01:20:26 AM by TempleFan322 »
Blue Barracudas and Silver Snakes fan

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 05, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »
Just came in here to say the PATRIOTS ARE FINALLY ELIMINATED!!  :mrgreen: :mrblue: :mrorange: :mrpurple: :mrred: :mryellow: :mrsilver: :mrpink: :mrchameleon: :grin: I had a feeling this was the year the Patriots would finally meet their end, but I didn't expect the Titans to beat them. Even though they finished with a 12-4 record, they didn't feel like they were the same dominant team from the past 20 years. It didn't help that they had one of the easiest schedules in the league. Hopefully this is the end of their dynasty!  :mrred:

That means the Ravens will get the Titans. I'm kind of nervous about the Titans since Tannehill has been on fire ever since the Titans benched Marriota in place of him. Hopefully with almost 3 weeks rest, Lamar and the offense is ready to steam roll the Titans.

No matter what the Super Bowl match-up this year, it will definitely be worth watching now.  :mrred:

On a side note, the Saints are losing to Vikings 20-10 right now in 4th quarter. I didn't expect them to struggle against Minnesota at all. I was actually rooting for them on the NFC side since Brees is one of my favorites. The playoffs will be VERY interesting if they lose today.  :shock:

EDIT - Now the score is 20-17. Maybe the one and done Viking will strike against this year after all.  :mrpurple:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 03:39:27 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 05, 2020, 07:06:12 PM »
And in a surprising turn of events, the Saints lose to the Vikings in the WC round.  :shock: They're the first 13-3 team to lose in the WC round in playoff history. I'm very surprised at this loss because they seemed like they would be Super Bowl favorites. Especially since the team went 13-3 despite Brees missing 6 games in the regular season. And they beat a lot of quality opponents to get there. With the Saints losing, the playoffs get even more interesting!

The Eagles are down by 1 score right now to the Seahawks at the beginning of Q4. Carson Wentz went down, but it's a miracle how they are even still in the game. Nevertheless, it looks like the Seahawks should win this one. That means the games next week should be:

Titans @ Ravens
Texans @ Chiefs
Seahawks/Eagles @ Packers
Vikings @ 49ers (set in stone)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:14:01 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 05, 2020, 08:39:41 PM »
I'm absolutely shocked that the Saints are out. Kirk Cousins never wins games against opponents like that. What happened? Guess I'll take the 49ers as the NFC team I think will go to the Super Bowl. Every team remaining in that conference has some serious flaws, but I think the 49ers are the most well rounded of the four.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 05, 2020, 09:07:26 PM »
Yeah, I think the 49ers are the clear favorites now for the NFC. Although the Seahawks seem to luck into most of their wins, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them beating the 49ers either. Here are the teams I have winning next week:

Chiefs > Texans - I know Texans already beat Chiefs in KC before, but I think it's hard for them to repeat twice. Plus, the Chiefs defense looked better the last couple of weeks.
Ravens > Titans - Homer pick. Plus, the Titans have some holes to fill before they can be a complete playoff team. I think next year they will be AFC South favorites. I still think they have a chance to upset Ravens.
Seahawks > Packers - My upset pick for the Divisional round. Packers are a good team at home, but the Seahawks are also a good road team. And they always seem to play good enough to barely squeak by.
49ers > Vikings - 49ers are talented on both sides of the ball, but I think this will be a closer game than expected.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:08:02 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1438 on: January 05, 2020, 09:07:50 PM »
I can’t believe the Vikings beat the Saints in New Orleans. Saints might be the most snakebit team last ten years, and that includes the Browns and Bucs. Think about it, two Beast Mode runs, the Catch III, Minneapolis Miracle, the bullshit DPI no call, and this which was a combination of the last two since Kyle Rudolph pushed off on a defender and they didn’t review for OPI. As you recall, last week’s SF-SEA game had a similar ending where DPI could’ve been called but never did and Seattle fell 3 inches short which would’ve gave New Orleans a bye. Instead their season is toast.

Seahawks were able to get by the Eagles, made things a lot easier with Wentz hurt with a concussion. However they only won by eight so it wasn’t a runaway after. Gonna be really interesting next week when they go to Green Bay. Considering that Wilson and Rodgers are the only QBs left of the 8 that started and won a Super Bowl this should be interesting (Jimmy G was a backup on the Patriots for Super Bowl XLIX & LI so although he technically won two Super Bowls, he didn’t play in them.)

Also this is only the second time in the last 19 years that the AFC Championship will not have either Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger (2002 Rich Gannon & Steve McNair) and this year we will have Lamar Jackson/Ryan Tannehill and Patrick Mahomes/Deshaun Watson.

Divisional round

Vikings vs 49ers
Titans vs Ravens
Texans vs Chiefs
Seahawks vs Packers

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1439 on: January 11, 2020, 10:27:26 PM »
49ers look like the clear cut for the NFC

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts