Author Topic: The NFL Football topic  (Read 23411 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The NFL Football topic
« Reply #735 on: December 09, 2013, 12:08:53 AM »
I don't know how Browns fans can do it. They had this win easily and got screwed over by the refs. This game pisses me off, and I am not a Cleveland fan at all. New England always gets away with these games. This game and the Denver game should've been easy losses. At this point, I am hoping that Cincinnati gets the first round bye over New England. But they probably won't because NE always lucks out.

I hate to see the Panthers losing today too. But they weren't going to win in the Superdome anyways. They play the Saints again in two weeks anyways, so I hope they actually win it and win the division. I am also rooting for the Cardinals too, who are at 8-5. They just need to beat out San Francisco and either Dallas/Eagles. I don't think they will make it though, but they are more respectable than their team last year.

And GM1's Packers are only .5 game back. The Bears play the Cowboys tomorrow night, and I don't see them winning that win. And the Lions play the Ravens next week on MNF, that is also a potential loss right there. It is going to be an interesting ride for that division. :P

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 09, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »
Looks like the Bears are on their way to beating the overrated Cowboys. With this win, the Bears would be tied with the Lions for their division. I think I made a mistake in overlooking them. They now have a shot what with the Lions tanking.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 10, 2013, 02:54:05 AM »
Cowboys are probably going to finish with 8 wins again this year, which seems to be the norm for them. Their defense is horrible, their coaching is a joke, and Romo seems to fail on new levels.

This is good news for the Cardinals though, since Dallas is one of the teams in the way for the wildcard spot. I really hope they take one of the spots too, along with the Panthers. The Cards still have to get past the 49ers, but they play them in their final game of the season. Those are the teams I want to see be successful in the NFC, along with the Lions.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 10, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »
And why not post my Week 15 predictions here? Only 3 games left too.

Thursday December 12, 2013

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos (Chargers need this win bad, but I don't see them beating Denver at Mile High)

Washington Redskins at Atlanta Falcons (This would've been a first place matchup last year, but now it is a battle for the higher draft pick. I am picking the Falcons though because the Skins sucked in their last game)
Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns (I am going with the upset team here who almost beat the Patriots in New England. Jason Campbell is not too bad for them, and their defense is pretty good)
Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts (Indy has the division locked up, so this game has no meaning for them.)
New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins (They will luck their way into another win)
Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings (Vikings have played better lately, but the Eagles have an explosive offense)
Seattle Seahawks at New York Giants (They should win this game handily)
San Francisco 49ers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (The Bucs have been strong lately, but the 49ers are an elite team and shouldn't lose this one)
Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars (Jaguars are on a roll)
Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders (KC can get the #5 seed if they beat the lowly Raiders)
New York Jets at Carolina Panthers (Panthers defense will own the pathetic Jets)
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys (Is Rodgers playing? It doesn't matter because the Cowboys defense is horrible)
Arizona Cardinals at Tennessee Titans (Cardinals could use an "easy" win)
New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams (Saints will tear apart the Rams)
Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers (Go Steelers! I will take any Bengals loss from now to week 17)

Monday December 16, 2013

Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions (Homer pick, plus the Lions have looked like crap their past couple of games)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 10, 2013, 11:52:13 PM »
I'll post my picks too.

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos (This will most likely be the game that ends the Chargers' playoff hopes.)
Washington Redskins at Atlanta Falcons (At this point, I trust the Falcons more, but it doesn't mean anything.)
Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns (Gotta remember it's the Browns. Bears looked really good last night.)
Houston Texans at Indianapolis Colts (Colts should win easily. If they lose, then they're an obvious one and done playoff team.)
New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins (Luckiest team ever will help another lucky team in the Ravens get closer to a playoff spot.)
Philadelphia Eagles at Minnesota Vikings (The Eagles can't afford to get cocky now. They still look great right now.)
Seattle Seahawks at New York Giants (I don't know, it's in New York and the Seahawks are overrated. Going with the upset!)
San Francisco 49ers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (I think the 49ers are playoff ready. They should win easily too.)
Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars (I really hate doing this to your team TSM. The Bills look off right now and the Jags are rolling.)
Kansas City Chiefs at Oakland Raiders (Honestly, the Chiefs have nothing to play for right now since the 5 seed is a given for them. Should be an easy win though.)
New York Jets at Carolina Panthers (This could be ugly, but for the Jets' sake, I hope they show up because their playoff lives depend on it.)
Green Bay Packers at Dallas Cowboys (I don't think Rodgers is playing, but the Cowboys are so hard to trust with that defense.)
Arizona Cardinals at Tennessee Titans (I think this might be a close one, but I like the Cards in this one.)
New Orleans Saints at St. Louis Rams (I trust the Saints more.)
Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers (We suck. Bengals will tear us a new one.)
Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions (The Lions are in serious trouble and the Ravens are peaking at the right time.)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 11, 2013, 02:04:13 AM »
Dolphins could easily get the last playoff spot since their remaining schedule is more easy than the Ravens. They have New England, @ Buffalo, and then at home against the Jets to finish the season. They should go 9-7, assuming they lose the New England.

Ravens have @ Detroit, vs. New England, and @ Cincinnati to end their season. All of these are division leaders and the Ravens really need to win out to have a chance. Detroit will be tough at home, but their coaching sucks and I am not too worried about them. New England will be tough, but luckily that is at home for the Ravens and we have played well against them in the past. I am not sure how the game for Cincy will go since they are unbeaten at home so far. But it is a division game, so it won't be easy for them either. The Ravens have their work cut out for them.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #741 on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:11 PM »
Picks

Chargers vs Broncos (X) (Broncos should be in the Super Bowl)
Redskins vs Falcons (X) (Toilet Bowl)
(X) Bears vs Browns (It hurts to pick the Bears but I hope this one is wrong)
Texans vs Colts (X) (Texans suck)
Patriots vs Dolphins (X) (Patriots are exposed)
(X) Eagles vs Vikings (They will kill the Vikings)
(X) Seahawks vs Giants (Not even close)
(X) 49ers vs Buccaneers (San Fran is most likely to be the six seed)
Bills vs Jaguars (X) (They've been turning on lately)
(X) Chiefs vs Raiders (They will kill the Raiders)
Jets vs Panthers (X) (Panthers will be the five seed)
(X) Packers vs Cowboys (Homer Pick and it's December)
(X) Cardinals vs Titans (Surprised at how good Arizona is this year)
(X) Saints vs Rams (Brees >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whoever the Rams QB is)
(X) Bengals vs Steelers (Steelers are falling apart)
Ravens vs Lions (X) (See Bears vs Browns)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:44:40 AM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 11, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
Guess I'm alone in thinking the Giants can pull off a giant upset. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 12, 2013, 02:21:32 AM »
Same with me picking the Browns over the Bears. If the Browns can dominate New England on the road 95% of the game with Jason Campbell at QB, then they can also beat a weak Bears team that is still playing an okay back-up QB at home. Especially since they almost have a top 5 defense. I wouldn't pick them if Weeden was playing, but Jason Campbell is pretty good for them right now.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 12, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »
Looks like the Chargers came to play tonight. :o

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #745 on: December 13, 2013, 06:06:05 AM »
The AFC is up for grabs!

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 13, 2013, 02:28:22 PM »
The Chargers would've been in a much better position if they didn't lose to teams like the Texans, Raiders, and Redskins. They probably deserve to go to the playoffs over my Ravens and Dolphins. But things aren't looking too good for them, especially considering Miami has a better record and tiebreaker over them.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 13, 2013, 03:31:03 PM »
Yeah, the Chargers had no business losing those three games. It's a shame that they might miss the playoffs because they do look good right now. Their last two games are against the Raiders (who they lost to earlier) and the Chiefs. They should get revenge against the Raiders and the Chiefs probably won't have anything to play for in week 17, but these are two games the Chargers can easily lose or easily win.

The Ravens might be in trouble with their remaining schedule. They still have to face some hard to beat opponents while the Dolphins have it easy after the Patriots. The Dolphins might get that final spot while the currently deserving Chargers might get left out. I still think the Ravens will get in though.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 13, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
I don't know, I am not putting too much faith into the Dolphins either. They could lose to Buffalo or the Jets too. I mean, they already lost to the Bills at home earlier this season. And now they have to play them in Buffalo. The Jets could go either way too, and division games are never easy. The Dolphins didn't help themselves much by losing to the Bucs either.

I am hoping the Ravens take the last spot. We will be really lucky if we do make the playoffs. I am honestly not that worried about the Lions this upcoming MNF. They are an underachieving team with a great offense, but their coaching is horrible. Plus, the Ravens offense is better now with Pitta back. It will be a close game, but I think the Ravens will win. The New England game will be interesting, but they are missing Gronkowski again we have their number lately. The Bengals game though will be tricky and they will be playing tough for a first round bye. They are the most likely team we will play too if we make the playoffs.

In the end, the last playoff spot will come down the Ravens, Chargers, and Dolphins.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 15, 2013, 03:20:36 PM »
Browns led by Brandon Weeden are beating the Jay Cutler Bears right now. Still plenty of time left though for the Bears to come back against Cleveland anyways. :o

The Vikings are also giving it to the Eagles right now too. I don't feel so bad now for almost losing to them last week,  :P