Author Topic: The NFL Football topic  (Read 23659 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The NFL Football topic
« Reply #780 on: December 25, 2013, 03:24:18 AM »
Time to move onto Week 17 picks, and our final week of the regular season. :(

Browns at Steelers (Steelers will play hard to earn that potential last spot)
Redskins at Giants (Would've been a division deciding game last year. Irrelevant game for both teams, but the Skins are piss poor)
Ravens at Bengals (I always choose the Ravens, and they will play hard for that last spot. But I kind of don't want to see them in the playoffs ither this year...)
Texans at Titans (Texans might as well lose for the first draft spot :roll: )
Jaguars at Colts (The Colts have to hope Cincy loses to get a higher seed)
Jets at Dolphins (Could go either way, and the Dolphins should be ashamed for getting shutout by the Bills last week.)
Lions at Vikings (The Lions are eliminated from the playoffs I believe? So this game doesn't matter for them. Oh well, they are the definition of suckiness)
Panthers at Falcons (Panthers will win the division AND get a first round bye if they beat the lowly Falcons. Go Carolina!  :mrblue:  :mrblue: )
Buccaneers at Saints (Saints need to pray the Panthers will lose. Probably not going to happen, so they will be a road team in the playoffs)
Bills at Patriots (Patriots will get another first round bye when they beat the pathetic Bills this weekend.)
Rams at Seahawks (Seattle will need to win this game to win the division AND get the #1 seed. A loss and a Niners win will drop them down to the #5 seed)
Packers at Bears (Despite being injured to hell, Green Bay has remained in the playoff chase until the very last week of the season. Will Rodgers play though? The Bears defense is horrible, so Flynn can possibly score as many points as possible for them.)
49ers at Cardinals (Go Cards! If they win, they can jump ahead of the 49ers for a playoff spot.)
Broncos at Raiders (Peyton Manning will break the season TD record against the lowly Raiders)
Chiefs at Chargers (Chargers need this big win for a chance at the last playoff spot. It won't be easy though as the Chiefs will probably play tough. I am really praying for a Chargers loss though)
Cowboys at Eagles (Cowboys will finish 8-8 again and choke on primetime. :roll: )

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 25, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
Browns at Steelers (We need this. I think we'll get it, but it won't matter because of other games. 8-8 is on us. :roll: )
Redskins at Giants (I think Tom Coughlin's job is safe, again. :roll: )
Ravens at Bengals (Sorry TRJ, but the Bengals have been beasts at home this year. I don't think the Ravens will make it. :( )
Texans at Titans (Texans will most likely tank this game. :roll: )
Jaguars at Colts (I think this is the first time this month I've went against the Jags. :lol: )
Jets at Dolphins (This will be the game that prevents us from getting in. The Jets suck, plus it doesn't help that it's in Miami. The Dolphins get the 6 seed.)
Lions at Vikings (Why not? The Lions are a lost cause.)
Panthers at Falcons (Should be an easy win for a first round bye. I'm pulling for this team. They've done a great job.)
Buccaneers at Saints (UPSET ALERT! I'm calling it right now. The Saints will miss the playoffs and choke harder than the Lions.)
Bills at Patriots (Patriots will get lucky again.)
Rams at Seahawks (The Rams aren't bad, but they're not good enough to beat the home Seahawks.)
Packers at Bears (It won't matter who plays. The Packers got this.)
49ers at Cardinals (The 49ers clinched a playoff berth Monday. They won't have much to play for since the Seahawks will beat the Rams, plus the Cards have to win this game. I think they'll get in and knock the Saints out if they lose, which I think they will.)
Broncos at Raiders (Broncos are still playing for the 1 seed. They'll go out and crush the Raiders.)
Chiefs at Chargers (The Chiefs have nothing to play for. This game will also keep us out.)
Cowboys at Eagles (Forever 8-8boys. :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: )

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #782 on: December 26, 2013, 06:12:20 PM »
Browns vs Steelers (X) (Steelers recovered well, but won't be enough.
Redskins vs Giants (X) (Who cares)
Ravens vs Bengals (X) (Sorry TRJ, the Ravens looked ugly last week)
Texans vs Titans (X) (Who cares)
Jaguars vs Colts (X) (Weird thing about the Colts is they always beat the good teams, but scrape by the bad ones)
Jets vs Dolphins (X) (Miami will be the six seed)
Lions vs Vikings (X) (Who cares)
(X) Panthers vs Falcons (They will kill the Falcons)
Buccaneers vs Saints (X) (I can't see the Saints losing this)
Bills vs Patriots (X) (Scraping by)
Rams vs Seahawks (X) (Last week was a fluke for Seattle)
(X) Packers vs Bears (Homer pick, Rodgers is back)
(X) 49ers vs Cardinals (Too bad Arizona is missing the playoffs, they looked good this year)
(X) Broncos vs Raiders (They will kill the Raiders)
Chiefs vs Chargers (X) (Chiefs have nothing to play for)
(X) Eagles vs Cowboys (8-8 :roll:)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:52:30 AM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 27, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »
I won't be sad if the Ravens don't make it this year. They are very flawed and have too many problems for a playoff team. Apparently, Flacco's knee might be injured due to taking a hit to it during the Detroit game. I could still see them winning over the Bengals though because Dalton is not very consistent himself. But I honestly don't want to see the Ravens make the playoffs either way because they will go one and done. Although if we do win, 9 wins is pretty good considering we won 10 last season. We are just not a Super Bowl bound team yet...

And the Cards are in a crappy situation. They can possibly go 11-5 and miss the playoffs. Not only do they have to play the 49ers in SF, but they also need New Orleans to lose. And the Saints play the lowly Bucs, so they will probably win that game. Too bad, because they are more deserving this season than they were last year.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 27, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
Pro Bowl players announced: http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters

Packers, Giants, Jets, Falcons, and Jaguars get goose-egged this year (pending replacements). Glad the Bills have some representation, though!

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #785 on: December 28, 2013, 06:43:51 AM »
Pro Bowl players announced: http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters Packers, Giants, Jets, Falcons, and Jaguars get goose-egged this year (pending replacements). Glad the Bills have some representation, though!

Does anyone watch the Pro Bowl?  :roll:

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
I don't care about the Pro Bowl at all. By the time it comes around, the NFL season is basically over sans the Super Bowl. And by then, you are probably looking forward to the off season since your team is most likely eliminated. And if your team is in the Super Bowl, you probably won't care either because none of your players will be in the PB.

Today is the last day of the regular season. After today, we will find out all the seedings and who will play who in the playoffs. Right now, the following teams are fighting for a playoff spot today:

AFC
Steelers
Ravens
Chargers
Dolphins

NFC
Cardinals
Saints
Cowboys
Eagles
Bears
Packers

The NFC is going to be really interesting too. I am hoping that the Saints will lose and the Cardinals win so that they will miss the playoffs.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »
Omg, we're going to win and it looks like the Ravens and Dolphins will lose. Looks like it will all come down to the Chargers-Chiefs game. Of course, the Chiefs are sitting their starters. We're screwed. :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »
Game over for the Ravens. The offense really blew their load during these last two games. I am not really upset though since we got our Super Bowl last year. We are not a good team at all and would most likely go one and done if we made the playoffs. It looks like Baltimore will be sitting out of the playoffs for the first time in five years. We had too many problems this year anyways.

And yeah, the Chargers will probably shutout the Chiefs if they are resting their good players. The Chiefs have nothing to play for and they cannot get a lower or higher seed at all. Plus, they will most likely not meet San Diego in the playoffs. But Pittsburgh should be proud of having playoff hopes up until the very last week of the season after starting off 0-4.

I am going to keep watch of the 4:30 games as those are the most interesting ones.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
R.I.P.

Baltimore Ravens (Sorry TRJ), Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers (Sorry PP319), Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:58:32 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:49 PM »
I'm shocked that the Dolphins would blow their load the way they did. All they had to do was beat the sorry Jets and Bills (sorry TSM), and they didn't do it. Clearly a team that didn't deserve a playoff berth. If the Chargers get in, then they might be able to do something. Of course, it would probably be against the Bengals in Cincy, which has proven to be very difficult this year.

If the Pats lose to the Bills, then it would be the Pats that the Chargers or Steelers would face in the first round and the Bengals would get the first round bye.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
Honestly, it doesn't really matter which team makes the AFC playoffs this year. It will most likely be New England or Denver in the Super Bowl for this conference anyways. They are the most complete teams. Anyone but those two teams will be fine by me.  :?  :?

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 29, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »
Time for the Packers to make one of their famous comebacks. ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #793 on: December 29, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »
After all we went through this year...

NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mryellow: :mrgreen: :mryellow:  :mrgreen: :mryellow: :mrgreen: :mryellow:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 29, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
I fucking hate the Chiefs now. I hope they all get injured in the first round. Colts better crush them. :x