Author Topic: The NFL Football topic  (Read 23677 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: The NFL Football topic
« Reply #645 on: November 11, 2013, 02:04:30 PM »
That hail mary! :shock:

TRJ must be very angry right now. I'd be too. That never should've happened.

You got that right! The whole stadium was literally in shock when that happened. :o That is like a once in a lifetime moment right there, and I am sort of glad that I got to see it. Not only that, but I saw my first overtime game ever too. The whole game was really good and a nailbiter though. I am glad that we won at the end of the day.  :mrpurple:

This has been a crazy week too.

The Jaguars got their first win. I really should've saw that coming since they also beat the Titans last year.

The Colts laid an egg at home against the Rams. It is really hard to figure out this team and hard to consider them legit. They have beaten the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. But also lost to the Chargers, Rams, and Dolphins.

It looks like Peyton Manning also is going through some health problems too. Hopefully he isn't injured because that would be bad for the Broncos. And the Chiefs would get another lucky break next SNF. :roll:

I like the Panthers now and totally rooting for them in the NFC. Especially over the Saints. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 11, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »
The Panthers have really woken up. They mean business and I see them making the playoffs, probably as a wild card.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 11, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »
The Buccaneers are leading the Dolphins right now. If they win tonight, there won't be anymore winless teams. Not that I am surprised, because it is very hard for a team to lose all their games. Even the 0-16 Lions came close to winning a few games. That team and the 76 Bucs were the only team to go winless during their season.'

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 11, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »
Bucs aren't leading anymore. :P

If they can't close out a team that's been under a lot of scrutiny as of late, then who CAN they beat? At least the Jags showed they can close out the Titans.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
The Bucs are such an awful team. I remember people were saying they were a dark horse candidate for the playoffs, but they are pure crap right now. They could've had their first win during Week 1, but one of their idiot players blew the win by giving the Jets a free pass to place the ball into field goal range.

And who knew that the Falcons, Texans, and Vikings would all be 2-7 at this point during the season? Even the Cardinals and Browns have better records than them. :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 11, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »
And it's the Dolphins that can't close out this game. It's about time Tampa! :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 11, 2013, 11:57:37 PM »
It looks like there is no winless teams now. It only took them 10 weeks for the Jags and Bucs to get their first win.  :P  I don't know how fans of a team can withstand that though. :o

I am going to post my week 11 predictions soon. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 12, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »
Week 11 Predictions

Indianapolis at Tennessee (The Titans just lost to the Jags at home. I am not sure I can pick them again anytime soon, especially with Locker out.)

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo (Want to see the Bills win, but the Jets are more talented and the Bills lack a starting QB.)
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (The battle of the sucky teams of the NFC South. I guess the Falcons are slightly better than the Bucs though.)
Detroit at Pittsburgh (The Lions have a better offense than the Steelers. Then again, the Steelers are at home and it will not be an easy game for Detroit.)
Washington at Philadelphia (If Chip Kelly's offense holds up, they could tear the Redskins horrible defense apart)
Arizona at Jacksonville (The Cardinals have a chance at 6-4! Who would've thought that? They could even tie SF with the division this week)
Oakland at Houston (This is the week the Texans *finally* get a win)
Baltimore at Chicago (Homer pick, but it will not be an easy game. For once though, we don't have to face a top 10 defense and Cutler has been pretty inconsistent)
Cleveland at Cincinnati (Bengals will be mad after losing 2 OT games on the road. Plus, they are more talented than Cleveland)
San Diego at Miami (After losing to the Bucs, I don't have much faith in Miami)
Green Bay at N.Y. Giants (Sorry GM1, but the Giants are a more complete team than the Packers. Not that they deserve to win this game, but they are more healthy. I would easily choose GB if Rodgers was playing)
Minnesota at Seattle (Unless they are taken into OT like the Bucs did, the Seahawks should win this win easily)
San Francisco at New Orleans (Kaepernick looks pretty flawed and the Saints are a beast at home)
Kansas City at Denver (Is Manning playing? If so, then I see the Broncos winning easily. Although I hope the Chiefs win it somehow because I like them better than the Broncos at this point.)

New England at Carolina (This looks like it will be a really good MNF game. I am going with New England on this one though because they are coming off a bye week and I don't think the Panthers are quite there yet)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:09:50 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 13, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »
Indianapolis at Tennessee (The Titans just lost to the Jags at home. I am not sure I can pick them again anytime soon, especially with Locker out.)

N.Y. Jets at Buffalo (I just feel that Buffalo has more problems at QB right now)
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (I'm gonna be honest. At this point, I think the Bucs have played better football than the Falcons)
Detroit at Pittsburgh (Detroit's looking really good right now, but if we win, then we're somehow back in the hunt for a playoff spot :o )
Washington at Philadelphia (the Eagles are starting to really click)
Arizona at Jacksonville (can you say 6-4 Cardinals? I think so!)
Oakland at Houston (Houston can't possibly screw this one up, can they?)
Baltimore at Chicago (tough call, but I think the Ravens are a slightly better team right now; TRJ, you should go to their games from now on ;) )
Cleveland at Cincinnati (Browns won last time and I think they can do it again; if the Bengals lose again, then they're in big trouble)
San Diego at Miami (too much controversy around Miami right now; they're done)
Green Bay at N.Y. Giants (could this be the biggest turnaround for any team ever? Maybe! Don't sleep on the Giants just yet)
Minnesota at Seattle (they might struggle with closing out bad teams, but they should still win this game)
San Francisco at New Orleans (Saints at home = an almost guaranteed win)
Kansas City at Denver (I think this is when the Chiefs finally lose a game, plus Peyton's playing I believe)
New England at Carolina (upset alert! I think the Panthers can do it)

Dallas and St. Louis have byes. Dallas definitely needs it. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 14, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »
I am actually going to the Jets game next Sunday too now that you mention it. :P That will probably be the last game I will go to this year, even though I usually go to 3-4 every year.  :cry: About 5 years ago when I was in high school, we would go every game because I had all the free time. This year didn't really work out though, but next season I hope to go more often. ;)

I really hope the Panthers beat New England too. They have a great defense and NE's offense is honestly not as great as it use to be. Of course, NE will find a way to squeeze by with a victory like they always do. But really, go Panthers!  :mrblue:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #655 on: November 14, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »
(X) Colts vs Titans (How do you lose to the Jags :roll:)
(X) Jets vs Bills
Ravens vs Bears (X)
Browns vs Bengals (X)
Redskins vs Eagles (X)
(X) Lions vs Steelers (cakewalk schedule for Detroit)
Falcons vs Buccaneers (X) (Toilet bowl! :roll:)
(X) Cardinals vs Jaguars
Raiders vs Texans (X)
(X) Chargers vs Dolphins (Fuck the Dolphins)
49ers vs Saints (X) (Niners are overrated)
(X) Packers vs Giants (homer pick!)
Vikings vs Seahawks (X) (They should kill the Vikes)
Chiefs vs Broncos (X) (Time's up KC)
(X) Patriots vs Panthers (unsure)

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:23 PM »
Well, looks like the Colts are struggling against the Titans now too. While they gave is only about to be in half time, things are not looking good for them. This is the same team that lost to the Jags last week.  :roll:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:19 PM »
It makes me wonder if signing Trent Richardson was poisonous for this team. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 14, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »
I don't know, they just aren't a very talented team. Even though they went 11-5 last year, they got some really lucky breaks like in the Lions and Titans game last season. When they play a good team like the Patriots or Ravens, they get dominated. I really don't know what to make of them even though they beat the Seahawks, Broncos, and 49ers.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #659 on: November 15, 2013, 07:23:59 AM »
Colts barely beat the Titans.

This team might be overrated! :roll:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts