Author Topic: The NFL Football topic  (Read 23719 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: The NFL Football topic
« Reply #1365 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!! :mrred: :mrsilver: :mrblue: :mrred: :mrsilver: :mrblue: :mrred: :mrsilver: :mrblue:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 01, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »
Well, shoot. :evil:

They each have 4 rings now, so can Brady and Belicheat retire already?!?

And the Seahawks definitely should've ran it on 2nd and goal. Dumb decision to pass it, and it definitely won't help their OC's job security.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:43:20 PM by The Silver Monkey »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 02, 2015, 01:15:52 AM »
Man, f*** the Patriots. They were the last team that I wanted to win the Super Bowl this year. I can't believe they scraped by with another victory again! Are the Giants the only team that can beat them in the Super Bowl? As much as I can't stand them, I have to give credit to Brady for getting 4 rings and taking his team to 6 Super Bowls. That guy is a genius and it is sort of nice to watch one of the greatest QBs to win another one. But I really hope his time in the league comes soon. It look like it is almost the end of the line for Peyton Manning. :afro:

My hate for NE aside, that was an amazing game. Down to the wire ending like I imagined and the better team almost won. Hell, I even predicted the exact score too. Except the teams were wrong. :P Much better than last year's SB.  :afro:

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 02, 2015, 11:49:26 AM »
I'm not even mad at the Pats for winning another SB. I'm just mad at the Seahawks for that last play. Should've handed the ball to Lynch. Doesn't help that the Seahawks acted like a bunch of sore losers on one of the Pats' kneel-downs. These are two teams I hope never play against each other in the SB again. :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 03, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
Looks like it is going to be another long off season. :( At least there will be free agency, schedule release, draft picks, etc. to hold us over until September.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 07, 2015, 12:56:29 AM »
Way to take Rex's "Gonna build a bully" comment literally, Whaley :roll::

At his introductory news conference last month, Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan declared "we're going to build a bully."

He wasn't lying.

ESPN has reported Richie Incognito, the offensive guard at the epicenter of the Miami Dolphins' 2013 bullying scandal, will be at One Bills Drive on Saturday for a physical.

A source close to Ryan informed The Buffalo News the physical is a formality and that Incognito will join the Bills. The source added that Ryan considered Incognito a high-priority acquisition.

Incognito's agent, David Dunn, did not return messages seeking comment.

The NFL indefinitely suspended Incognito halfway through that season for his role in harassing teammate Jonathan Martin. The Dolphins eventually cut Incognito, a 2012 Pro Bowler known for his nasty streak.

The NFL lifted Incognito's suspension in February 2014, but he did not play last year. The closest he got were workouts with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos. All declined to sign him.

Buffalo badly needs guard help, a deficiency that contributed significantly to its offensive line being among the NFL's worst. Analytics outlet Pro Football Focus graded Buffalo dead last in run blocking and 22nd in pass blocking.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/02/06/rex-ryan-said-wanted-build-bully-comes-richie-incognito/

EDIT: And the Incognito signing is official. And in retrospect, I actually don't really mind it, as long as he keeps his off the field behavior in check. Besides, guard is a position of need for the Bills...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:01:13 AM by The Silver Monkey »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 24, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »
So last week Cleveland leaked that they were going to reveal a new logo on this day for the 2015 season. The new logo released has received a lot of hype. And here is their new logo:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/2015_Logos.html

Yup, it is a more color Helmet logo! :afro:  :P

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 03, 2015, 06:49:15 PM »
BREAKING: The Bills have agreed to trade Kiko Alonso to the Eagles for LeSean McCoy:

The Philadelphia Eagles have a trade in place to send running back LeSean McCoy to the Buffalo Bills, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In return, the Bills will send linebacker Kiko Alonso to the Eagles, the source said.

Drafted in the second round of the 2009 draft out of Pittsburgh, McCoy has spent his entire six-season career in Philadelphia.

He rushed for 1,319 yards and tallied five touchdowns last season for the Eagles.

The trade can not be made official until the new league year begins next Monday.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12415886/philadelphia-eagles-trade-lesean-mccoy-buffalo-bills

Ho. Ly. Shit. Did not see this one coming, but I like it! Bills' running back issues: SOLVED. :D

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 03, 2015, 09:54:15 PM »
Will the Bills finally be a playoff threat? I like all the pieces that they are getting, but it is a matter whether they can compete with the playoff caliber teams. They were so close this year and they were only short one win of making it. I am definitely rooting for them next season. Seriously, it would be awesome to see them kick New England off their thrones.  :mrblue:  :mrred:

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 04, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »
Well, I guess McCoy was only the beginning. Bills have now traded a 2015 5th rounder and 2016 7th rounder to the Vikings for Matt Cassel and a 2015 6th rounder:

A day after landing a dynamic new running back, the Buffalo Bills appear to have traded for their next starting quarterback.

The Bills announced Wednesday they've agreed to a trade with the Vikings to acquire Matt Cassel. FOX Sports reports the Bills will also receive a sixth-round pick in 2015 in exchange for a fifth-round pick in 2015 and a seventh-round pick in 2016. The trade will not become official until the start of the new league year on March 10.

Cassel, 32, has one year remaining on the two-year, $10 million deal he signed with Minnesota last March. He's due $4.15 million in 2015, including a $500,000 roster bonus this month.

Cassel spent the past two seasons with the Vikings. He started the team's first three games last season before being sent to injured reserve in late September with a foot injury. He has a 33-38 career record as a starter over 10 seasons with the Vikings, Chiefs and Patriots. New England selected Cassel in the seventh round of the 2005 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476357/article/buffalo-bills-agree-to-trade-for-matt-cassel

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 05, 2015, 03:09:02 PM »
Matt Cassel? Is he still even in the NFL? :lol: I don't know if this was a good trade or not. I don't trust him at all and feel that he is a pretty overrated QB. He did take the Patriots 11-5 one year and the Chiefs 10-6 another year, but his teams went one and done in the playoffs. But Buffalo does need QB with Orton retiring though. Who knows, maybe he will bring some success to Buffalo? ;)

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 11, 2015, 05:47:19 PM »
BREAKING: Tom Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots stripped of 2016 1st round pick and 2017 4th round pick, fined $1,000,000 for Deflategate scandal:

Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/597877080894918658

Games Brady will miss:

9/10 vs. Steelers
9/20 @ Bills ( :grin: )
9/27 vs. Jaguars
10/11 @ Cowboys

Eligible to return 10/18 vs. Colts, ironically enough.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:47:50 PM by The Silver Monkey »

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 12, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
I was hoping he'd get more games, but I'm just happy the NFL did something other than fine the team. Doesn't change the fact that they'll still probably make the playoffs. :roll:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 14, 2015, 08:07:29 PM »
I was shocked to see Brady get suspended. He is practically the golden boy for the NFL.  :shock: That is good news for the AFC East and rest of the AFC. Seriously, NE has a chance of starting 0-4 this year. That's right Jaguars, you need to step up your game. ;) But like PP319 said,t they will somehow still find a way to make the playoffs.  :afro:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 21, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
I miss our weekly updates in this topic! Right now, my Ravens are looking just awful at 2-7. Every single loss thus far has been by one score. Injuries and poor coaching have really hurt his team. Last week we literally had the win in the bag, but lost because Dumervil had a face mask penalty that put the Jaguars in field goal range. As frustrating as this season has been, I'm not even mad. Its a good indicator that we need some changes on this damn team like firing our OC and DC.

Other than that, it kind of feels like your typical NFL season. No surprise to see New England undefeated. When will this team ever go away?! At this point, I am rooting for any team to take them down.  :roll:

I love seeing the Panthers at 9-0 though. If there is any team I am supporting this year, it will definitely be Carolina. Cam Newton is fun to watch and they have a solid defense. It's hard to believe how good the NFC South is this year considering it was a dumpster fire last year. :afro:

And will TSM's Bills finally make the playoffs this year? The AFC is definitely weak aside from NE and Bengals. Denver lost Manning for who knows how long, AFC South is trash, Ravens are playing like bottom feeders, and the Steelers have been hurt. I really think that this is the season Bills make the playoffs. I hope they kick NE's ass on MNF too this week. ;)