Author Topic: Are You Afraid of the Dark?  (Read 537 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »
The clown's name was Zeebo.

And who could forget Dr. "Va-va-va" Vink and Mr. "It's Sar-DO. No Mister, accent on the DO"?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Are You Afraid of the Dark?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »
The clown's name was Zeebo.

And who could forget Dr. "Va-va-va" Vink and Mr. "It's Sar-DO. No Mister, accent on the DO"?

Was he the guy that was balding on top and had long hair in the back? Its been a while.

I also forgot the episode where the babysitter gets lost in the middle of nowhere with two kids, and they stop by an abandoned house to find a phone. But when the kids go to find the babysitter, they see her rocking a snake to sleep.  :o

Offline Silver Snake Lord

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »
My all-time favorite episode of The Tale Of The Dead Man's Float. It's still eerie and scary as all Hell nearly 20 years later and the monster design in it still holds up. Still wonder how Nick let it slide back then.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »
My favorite episode (that I actually remember from childhood) was the "Chameleon" episode. It was the one where the Mowry/Sister Sister twins appeared and one of them was the evil twin. I hope you guys remember which one I'm talking about. It was my favorite episode then, and I still love it today.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
My all-time favorite episode of The Tale Of The Dead Man's Float. It's still eerie and scary as all Hell nearly 20 years later and the monster design in it still holds up. Still wonder how Nick let it slide back then.

I remember that one! Its the episode where the skeleton that looks like its covered in poop attacks the kids in the pool. That was definitely creepy and I wonder how some of these episodes were slipped past Nick.

My favorite episode (that I actually remember from childhood) was the "Chameleon" episode. It was the one where the Mowry/Sister Sister twins appeared and one of them was the evil twin. I hope you guys remember which one I'm talking about. It was my favorite episode then, and I still love it today.

Yeah, they were bitten by that Chameleon that could apparently shapeshift or something like that.

I noticed that they had some AYAOTD episodes on Youtube, so I think I will go back and watch some of them.  :mrred:

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
I'd like to talk to the Nick exec who allowed this colorful character to be shown on there back then:

Can't say I'm surprised this guy induced tons of nightmares back then in countless kids everywhere.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
I'd like to talk to the Nick exec who allowed this colorful character to be shown on there back then:

Can't say I'm surprised this guy induced tons of nightmares back then in countless kids everywhere.

I am surprised that made it past the cut also. That looks like something that would come out of an R-rated horror movie during that time period.  :o The whole design was well done for a show that was meant for "kids".

Then again, the Ghastly Grinner was also pretty twisted and freaky looking for younger kids also.  :o
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:07:02 PM by Th€ Red Jaguars »

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 09:33:59 PM »
I remember the Ghastly Grinner. Between that and Zeebo The Clown, AYAOTD sure went out of their way to make kids scared of clowns.

The only episode I recall that scared me was The Tale Of The Night Shift. I remember my Mom actually changed the channel as I watched it, seeing it was scaring me :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
I remember the Ghastly Grinner. Between that and Zeebo The Clown, AYAOTD sure went out of their way to make kids scared of clowns.

The only episode I recall that scared me was The Tale Of The Night Shift. I remember my Mom actually changed the channel as I watched it, seeing it was scaring me :lol:

Yeah, the producers even went as far as to showing the dead people come back to life. I wouldn't be surprised if a kid was scared to go to a hospital after this watching this episode.

Then there was "The Tale of Whispering Walls" that had that creepy Master Raymond and the ancient house. I still remember the scene where the kids drop the ice cream on the ground and Raymond starts to come out of the ground. And then there is that scene where the Asian babysitter is rocking a boa constrictor to sleep.  :o

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 10:08:15 PM »
With this current discussion of AYAOTD going on in the "80 greatest Nick shows" list, I thought it might be best to split the topic. That way, AYAOTD can have its own thread so we don't carried away in the other thread. I hope no one minds. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »
With this current discussion of AYAOTD going on in the "80 greatest Nick shows" list, I thought it might be best to split the topic. That way, AYAOTD can have its own thread so we don't carried away in the other thread. I hope no one minds. ;)

That's a good idea, in fact I was thinking about doing that sooner or later instead of filling up the top 80's thread.

Although the original post in this topic looks very awkward.  :lol: :mrsilver:

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »

Good idea, thanks :)

Another episode I liked a lot was The Tale Of Old Man Corcoran. Very eerie with the graveyard setting and the twist at the end.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »

Good idea, thanks :)

Another episode I liked a lot was The Tale Of Old Man Corcoran. Very eerie with the graveyard setting and the twist at the end.

I had to go search that one on Youtube, but then I remembered the hatchet and the old guy associated with. That was definitely another creepy episode also. I don't remember the ending though, but I have to go back and watch the whole episode.

Then there was "The Tale of the Dollmaker" that had the creepy dollhouse and the girl's friend turning into a doll. I will never forget the scene where her hand falls off.  :o

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 05:05:53 PM »
Another episode I'm surprised the Nick censors let slip was Laughing In The Dark, due to the cigar smoking in it. Hard to imagine a kids' network back then let smoking slip in a show aimed at kids. But seeing as AYAOTD was aimed at a slightly older audience I guess that's why it got a pass.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
I just rewatched the episode "The Tale of the Closet Keepers." I forgot how campy and creepy this show was at the same time. The mute girl kicked ass in this episode, and I remembered the punk kid being very annoying. Although I like how they stereotyped the kids by their country of origin.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Privacy
Hosting provided by VlexoFree Hosting