Author Topic: Least Favorite Room  (Read 1934 times)

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
Least Favorite Room
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 05:16:09 AM »
I can't believe I didn't already reply to this thread...

Medusa's Lair sucked. It was a good concept, but it was always BROKEN and didn't work half the time.

I also hated all the rooms with no objective in it and no obstacles... So like the Heart Room.

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
Least Favorite Room
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »
I absolutely despised The Treasure Room. It had no point of being there, its objective was so straight-forward, and tons of players had absolutely no idea what to do. I bet it was because they were expecting something more difficult as well.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Least Favorite Room
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 02:10:06 AM »
I can't believe I never posted in this thread.  :o

For my least favorite room, its kind of hard to pick one out. Some rooms I can't stand though are:

The Treasure Room: I cannot believe this room lasted for five layouts. I mean what was the point of keeping this room around so long if it was only used once? Its basically a Heart Room with a treasure chest in the middle to make it seem like the room had some sort of an objective.  Except the titular featured was used once. And when the treasure chest never worked, the kids would then run around the temple like idiots.  At least the Heart Room wasn't pretending to be anything special.  :roll:

Dungeon: Definitely the most lamest room in the temple. I mean its just a room with two ladders and no objectives at all. It doesn't even look like a Dungeon, and those two random skeletons in the room don't count either as a room prop. Talk about being uncreative.  :roll:

Well: It was just the Mine Shaft remaked with a giant bucket. Just another lame room with no theme at all.  :roll:

Medusa's Lair: While it was an upgrade from the Heart Room, it was still full of production errors and brutal on the contestants. I mean two snakes was bad ebough, but four? That is way too many for a contestant to handle while racing against the clock. And it seems like the doors never unlocked once the snakes were put in.

Quicksand Bog: I just never cared for this room at all.  :?

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 02:16:16 AM »
Make room for me on the "I can't believe I didn't reply to this already" boat.

I hated The Heart Room. All you had to do was press some actuators, and players STILL got confused. I also hated The Treasure Room. What's the point in keeping a room that's only gonna be used once? I also didn't like Medusa's Lair and the Dungeon, for the same reasons as everyone else. I didn't mind The Well though, it was a vast improvement over The Dungeon. But, that's just me....

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 02:22:37 AM »
I can't believe I forgot to mention the Heart Room in my post even though I brought it up when I talked about the Treasure Room. Definitely the worst room in the temple and it was just an empty space. I can't believe people like actually got lost in this room like Kim and Tia. At least the Fallen Columns were trying to do something right with giving the room a challenge.

I thought most of the season one Swamp area rooms were lame, mostly the Spider's Lair though. The webbing was completely pointless and didn't really stop the contestants at all. The Swamp wasn't anywhere as cool as the season two version of it. I actually liked the Bamboo Forest and would've loved to see that one around more.

Also, the Pirate's Cove was pretty lame also. But at least it had an objective to get down into the room below.

And as much as I love the Room of the Golden Idols, it was pointless that the Idols were pushed down ONCE during their entire tenure on the show. And Jennifer just gave up and pressed an actuator after pressing one! It had potential to be a room with an objective in season one, but the producers blew it.  :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 02:29:41 AM »
Yeah, The Bamboo Forest was my favorite "swamp area/room" of the temple. They definitely should have used it more often. I agree about The Room of the Golden Idols though. It had potential to be a great room, but the producers executed it so poorly. It was basically another "hit the actuator" room. And like The Treasure Room, the objective itself was only used once.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 02:41:35 AM »
Yeah, The Bamboo Forest was my favorite "swamp area/room" of the temple. They definitely should have used it more often. I agree about The Room of the Golden Idols though. It had potential to be a great room, but the producers executed it so poorly. It was basically another "hit the actuator" room. And like The Treasure Room, the objective itself was only used once.

I mean even pressing the bases of the Idols down would've been too simple, but it was definitely an improvement over the other season one runs in the temple.

But I think the vote for my most hated room is the Treasure Room for the reasons described above. And the name of the room is extremely lame too.  :roll:

Offline Rikarrae

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »
I also did not care for the Treasure Room. A more difficult - or at least visually interesting - room concept could have been used there.

The Heart Room is not remarkable either, but it creeped me out for some reason when I was younger. I also remember that I really, really wanted to hang out in the Swamp/Spider's Lair/Bamboo Forest part of the temple. It looked like fun, and I was amused by the temple guards that would hide themselves in that room.  I definitely agree that the Bamboo Forest should have been used more often.  :P
Favorite team: Silver Snakes
Favorite episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite room: The Bamboo Forest