Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 13829 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
S1L6 consists of:

The Golden Chains of Zenobia (its an okay episode, but its pretty forgettable and boring)
The Helmet of Joan of Arc (same reason as above)
The Stone Marker of Leif Erikson (a pretty lackluster episode to be honest)
The Belly Button of Buddha (this episode was actually pretty good, and not just because it was a win.)
The Stolen Arm of Shiva (it was okay until the temple run)

S1L8 should be one of the best season one rankings.

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2011, 11:09:22 PM »
PONCE DE LEON AND THE LOST FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH:

I find it kind of strange that James has a lower score than his partner in the temple. I mean he was kind of slow and stupid during the run, but at least he made it one room away from the artifact. I mean he knew what he was doing in every room, but messed up by not taking the Shrine shortcut.

Also, his partner made some strange decisions with her alloted time in the temple. This includes unnecessarily backtracking to the Observatory as if the Heart Room magically opened or something.  :roll:

I don't remember what I was thinking when I did that.  I think James just got particularly clueless and slow towards the end and that had too much of a lasting effect on my judgement.  Jessica made some stupid decisions, but she was very fast doing it.

I'll revise and just switch the two scores around.  That seems like a better fit.  Who knows, maybe I just mixed up the scores that I was going to give them.  :|
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
Oh don't worry, I hope you don't think I am trying to criticize your rankings. I just found it to be kind of surprising that James had a better ranking than his partner. Then again, you are right about him being pretty clueless and he pretty much set himself up for that last temple guard at the end of the day. And its not like his partner had a chance anyways, so I think your score for her is fair.

Please don't change your score because of my opinion. I am sorry if I came off sounding rude.  ;)

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2011, 11:19:13 PM »
Oh don't worry, I hope you don't think I am trying to criticize your rankings. I just found it to be kind of surprising that James had a better ranking than his partner. Then again, you are right about him being pretty clueless and he pretty much set himself up for that last temple guard at the end of the day. And its not like his partner had a chance anyways, so I think your score for her is fair.

Please don't change your score because of my opinion. I am sorry if I came off sounding rude.  ;)

No, I really think they did need to be switched around.  You know, sometimes you just need other people to take a look at it before you realize that there's something wrong there.  That's the main reason why I'm posting the scores as I go.  Looking back, I think the original score was too harsh on James.
Legends fan since 2004

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
Actually, I think I'll give them both 5s.  While James was slow and clueless at times, he made a good amount of progress.  And while Jessica wasted time trying to cut directly to the Heart Room, she moved at a very fast pace.
Legends fan since 2004

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
I'm already back with another set.  S1L6 is kinda mixed.  Some are pretty good, some are bad, and some are just uneventful.

THE GOLDEN CHAINS OF ZENOBIA:

Orange Iguanas - Jennifer
Moat: 6
Steps of Knowledge: 5
Individual Temple Game: 7
Team Temple Game: 7
Temple Run: 5
Overall: 6

Orange Iguanas - Justin
Moat: 5
Individual Temple Game: 6
Temple Run: 4
Overall: 5.4

Purple Parrots - Tiffany
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Temple Game: 4
Team Temple Game: 1
Overall: 4.5

Purple Parrots - Chad
Moat: 3
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Team Temple Game: 1
Overall: 4

Notes about this episode: This one was just uneventful.  I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either.  The only thing I clearly remember about it is the Purple Parrots' utter failure in the last Temple Game.

THE BELLY BUTTON OF BUDDHA:

Blue Barracudas - Jennifer
Moat: 7
Steps of Knowledge: 3
Individual Temple Game: 5
Team Temple Game: 6
Overall: 5.2

Blue Barracudas - Tony
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Temple Run: N/A
Overall: 6.75

Red Jaguars - Catherine
Moat: 4
Individual Temple Game: 4
Team Temple Game: 5
Overall: 4.5

Red Jaguars - Ramey
Steps of Knowledge: 4
Overall: 4.75

Notes about this episode: I liked this episode.  I wouldn't say it was great, but I enjoyed it.  You know, based on that interview with Anthony (Tony), I would've thought Jennifer would rank higher than him, but that was not the case.  Tony actually did really well, and I was pleasantly surprised by that.  Unfortunately, nobody else really did well at anything.

The part of this episode I really liked was the Steps of Knowledge.  That was incredibly competitive with three teams just going fiercely at it.  But great job to Tony who pulled it off in only 5 questions.  Speaking of the steps, Jennifer didn't do anything, but I gave her a 3 because considering how well Tony did, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  You know, because maybe she did know some stuff, but just fell in comparison to Tony.

THE STOLEN ARM OF SHIVA:

Orange Iguanas - Christina
Steps of Knowledge: 3
Overall: 5.8

Orange Iguanas - Evan
Individual Temple Game: 3
Team Temple Game: 4
Overall: 4.4

Silver Snakes - Heather
Overall: 5.25

Silver Snakes - Joseph
Moat: 3
Steps of Knowledge: 9
Overall: 5.5

Notes about this episode: Congratulations, Evan.  You managed to do even worse than Jon and Tia.  How does that make you feel?  Seriously, I hated Evan so much after watching this.  Not only did he suck, but he totally cheated in his individual game (and hilariously enough, still managed to lose).  They were supposed to get the top bell first, and then alternate side-to-side, like Joseph was doing, but Evan just grabbed them as he climbed up.

Okay, enough Evan hate for now, let's talk about the few redeeming points of the episode.  Christina wasn't amazing, but she did pretty well, especially in the Temple Games.  Also, Joseph dominated the Steps of Knowledge.  I believe he got all the first three questions and was very fast buzzing in.  But I gave him a 9 because I reserve 10's for the people who know the answers BEFORE the choices are read.

THE STONE MARKER OF LEIF ERIKSON:

Red Jaguars - Keeley
Overall: 5.6

Red Jaguars - Chris
Steps of Knowledge: 1
Individual Temple Game: 8
Overall: 5

Blue Barracudas - Kelly
Overall: 5

Blue Barracudas - Eric

Notes about this episode: Boring.  Not bad, but uneventful.  Next.

THE HELMET OF JOAN OF ARC:

Red Jaguars - Amanda
Steps of Knowledge: 1
Overall: 4.8

Red Jaguars - Eddie
Moat: 8
Team Temple Game: 9
Temple Run: 7
Overall: 7.2

Blue Barracudas - Amanda

Blue Barracudas - Brian

Notes about this episode: I actually kinda liked this one.  Most of the rounds were pretty competitive, and I didn't think the Temple Run was that bad either.  Amanda (Red Jaguars) kinda sucked, but both the Blue Barracudas were pretty good, and Eddie was really good.  These were some good players considering it's such an easily forgotten episode.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:57:00 PM by The Headless King »
Legends fan since 2004

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »
Man, I remember the Purple Parrots in the temple games in Golden Chains. They got destroyed in that last game. That was pretty embarrassing. It was so obvious from the beginning of the round that the Orange Iguanas were gonna sweep the temple games.

Too bad about Jennifer not scoring as high as Tony. Oh well, still a good team.

Wow, I can't believe Evan ranked THAT low. That's just sad. I knew he was a pretty terrible contestant, but lower than John and Tia?!?! I guess there's a reason I don't watch this temple run much. I do vaguely remember the Silver Snakes sweeping the steps and doing pretty well in their temple games. I wonder how much better they would have done in the temple.

Yeah, Stone Marker was just "meh." Though I do remember the Blue Barracudas sharing the same last name. Perhaps maybe they were brother and sister or cousins?

Joan of Arc was a pretty good episode. It was one of the very first full episodes I ever saw. I like how Amanda of the Blue Barracudas scored all 6's. And her partner Brian also scored a 6. Eddie and Amanda were alright team, but Amanda brought the team down because she was rather slow.

Well, that's my two cents about the rankings. I look forward to the next installment. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2011, 06:34:25 PM »
Just some notes:

THE BELLY BUTTON OF BUDDHA:

I agree, this was a good episode throughout each round. Both Blue Barracuda players were strong, and I agree that Tony was the better of the two. Its too bad he never got to enter the temple, he might've done considerably better than Jennifer. But overall, I feel that this team deserved their rankings for this episode.

THE STOLEN ARM OF SHIVA:

Rank lower than John and Tia? Is that even possible?  :o

This episode was very sucky indeed though. Nothing memorable at all except maybe the legend. The temple games were kind of pathetic for the Orange Iguanas, and it was the Orange Iguana girl that carried the team to the temple. The temple run is one of the most forgettable of season one also. Very good rankings for this episode.

THE HELMET OF JOAN OF ARC:

I need to go back and watch this episode again. I am glad to see Eddie get a respectable ranking though, he was solid throughout the temple. I seem to vaguely remember the temple games and that he was dominant. Once again, he was a beast though if memory serves correctly.

Can't wait until S1L7 though. There are a couple of better episodes hidden in there.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
Time for S1L7.  Wow.  These were a couple of really good episodes.  Save for The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal, I enjoyed watching all of them and there were some really strong players in here.  If anything is a testament to that, check this out: Before this set, I've only given out a single 10 rating (Steve from The Keys to the Alhambra).  In this set alone, I gave out four 10 ratings.

THE MEDAL OF SIR EDMUND HILLARY:

Silver Snakes - Tara
Team Temple Game: 10
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 7.4

Silver Snakes - Danny
Team Temple Game: 9
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 7

Red Jaguars - Shelley

Red Jaguars - Adam
Overall: 6.25

Notes about this episode: I didn't enjoy this episode as much as others in the set, but this one was still good.  All the players were very good.  Even the losing team both averaged at least 6.  But Tara and Danny were an amazing team, both averaging over 7.  They had a slow start though.  They both struggled in the beginning, but Tara picked it up at the Steps of Knowledge.  Same for Danny, except he didn't really pick it up until the Temple Games.

Even if you just look at the Temple Run, Tara and Danny were a great team.  However, I feel I need to explain myself with Tara's Temple Run rating.  Tara was very fast through the rooms, and up until the very end, was very smart about going through the Temple.  Her only faults were a brief struggle with the Silver Monkey (though in all honesty, that one can be blamed on Kirk for communicating badly), and her flawed exit plan.  But I feel that the things going for her far outweigh her faults, so despite a bad exit plan that cost them the win, I feel Tara still deserves an 8.

THE MASK OF SHAKA ZULU:

Red Jaguars - Brittany
Team Temple Game: 8
Temple Run: N/A

Red Jaguars - Bobby
Individual Temple Game: 10
Overall: 7

Green Monkeys - Melissa

Green Monkeys - Phillip
Team Temple Game: 10
Overall: 8.25

Notes about this episode: Okay, quite a bit to talk about here.  First off, HOLY SHIT! Check out Phillip.  Not only is he the first contestant to average more than 8, but he wasn't even on the winning team!  I hate it when a really good player gets paired with a bad partner.  Phillip is yet another really good player who lost because his partner sucked.

Second, my opinion about this episode has changed greatly.  I used to think this was a bad, undeserved win, but watching it again I not only think it's overall a good episode, but I also don't think the Temple Run is really that bad.  Bobby was good throughout the episode (except for the Steps of Knowledge), and Brittany wasn't bad either.  And with the Temple Run, I don't really dislike it anymore because if you listen to Bobby before the run begins, it seemed like he really didn't expect the direct path to work.  Plus he was fast going through the rooms, so I don't think he should be punished just because the run was [unintentionally] easy.  I'm certainly not saying it's one of the best runs, but I no longer think that it's one of the worst.

THE GOLDEN JAGUAR OF ATAHUALPA:

Blue Barracudas - Tracy
Tiebreaker Bonus: +1
Temple Run: 6
Overall: 6.8

Blue Barracudas - Chris
Overall: 6.6

Purple Parrots - Kelly

Purple Parrots - Greg
Moat: 10
Individual Temple Game: 9
Overall: 8

Notes about this episode: Another one!  Another player on the losing team averaged 8 or more!  The only difference is that this one can't really be blamed on having a bad partner.  While Kelly didn't do very well in the team game, her good performance in her individual game caused the Temple Games to instead go to a tiebreaker, giving Greg one last chance to save himself.  But he failed to connect as Tracy beat him to the buzzer.

While Tracy and Chris weren't the best team, I enjoyed this episode because all the rounds were pretty competitive, plus although it was heartbreaking in the end, Greg's outstanding performance in all rounds was very fun to watch.

THE SILVER SADDLE HORN OF HANNIBAL:

Red Jaguars - Vicky

Red Jaguars - Damon

Green Monkeys - Jessica
Moat: 2
Overall: 4.75

Green Monkeys - Lee

Notes about this episode: This is the only episode in the set that I didn't like, and I think that can easily be explained by the low scores of the contestants here.  I'd rather not dwell on the worst of the five episodes, so on to the next one.

ALEXANDER AND THE GORDIAN KNOT:

Orange Iguanas - Retina
Temple Run: 6

Orange Iguanas - Tim
Individual Temple Game: 9
Overall: 7.8

Silver Snakes - Molly

Silver Snakes - Beau
Overall: 6.75

Notes about this episode: It's been noted before that Tim and Retina had previously appeared as Orange Iguanas in The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary.  And boy did they do well with their second chance.  Though they didn't win the Temple Run, their performance is very respectable, especially Tim, who is now the highest rated contestant who actually entered the temple (It's kinda sad that I actually have to specify that  :lol:).  The Silver Snakes also did well, but they just weren't good enough to beat Tim and Retina.  The only part of this episode I didn't like was the team Temple Game.  Neither team did very well there.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »
Ah S1L7, an immense improvement over S1L6. Look at all those 10s, especially to those who lost the temple games. :shock:

Danny and Tara were a stronger team than I thought. Though I never had any complaints over them.

I remember Philip, the male Green Monkey from Shaka Zulu. Boy, he had a lot of energy, it's a shame he lost the temple games. As far as the run itself, while Bobby isn't really a bad player, I'm still not impressed with the run. I mean, I know the run was only too easy because the production error. But it was and still has continued to rank low in my victory rankings.

The Golden Jaguar is a great episode. What a coincidence that we were just talking about it in another thread. The whole episode is so exciting, especially in the temple games. "By the looks of things, you look a bit soapy" anyone? Unfortunately, this marks the first episode that the Purple Parrots lose a tiebreaker. Which continues about 7 more times throughout the show. :(

The Silver Saddle Horn isn't that great of an episode. I only remember it for the REALLY long moat, and for Lee, the male Green Monkey that was a British player.

And finally, Gordian Knot. Yes that's Tim and Retina who lost at the moat in Sir Edmund Hilary. :lol: They definitely redeemed themselves with the second chance they got. What with being 1st in the moat, sweeping the steps, and doing quite well in the temple games. The episode itself wasn't very exciting though. But that's just me.

Great list as always. :D

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
No opinions on the Gordian Knot temple run? :|

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
No opinions on the Gordian Knot temple run? :|
It wasn't bad.  The only thing really wrong with it is Retina going all the way around the horn instead of trying to take a shortcut.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 11:01:55 PM »
If shortcuts were taken, then it would've been a great episode.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 11:06:10 PM »
I think it would've been a great episode if the teams had just done better in the last Temple Game.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2011, 12:49:27 AM »
Just some comments again about your rankings:

THE MEDAL OF SIR EDMUND HILLARY:

I agree, Tara and Danny were solid throughout the whole episode and it showed during the temple run. But before getting there, they both dominated the temple games and deserved those two pendants. In the temple run itself, both contestants were smart and moved fast. Tara was even one of the few contestants to run in the opposite entrance instead of making an unnecessary detour. I am glad you didn't knock her down either for the bad temple exit. Even if she stayed to the top, it would've been a close win.

THE MASK OF SHAKA ZULU:

Its an okay episode, but I definitely do remember the hyperactive Phillip.  :mrgreen: This was one of the more memorable episodes of the show, and I love Kirk's enthusiasm throughout this episode. As for the temple run, I think we do give Bobby a hard time for the simplistic layout. I mean he did have to battle with both the Holes of Python and Wheel Room - two of the most time consuming rooms of season one. This includes a trip forward and a trip back through each of these rooms. So the amount of time he spent is pretty impressive.

THE GOLDEN JAGUAR OF ATAHUALPA:

I always found Tracy's temple game to be a little unfair, but the Blue Barracudas were definitely competitive in their temple games as you mentioned. Its too bad that they only won one pendant, because they easily could've won 1.5 or 2 of them. Another great episode.

THE SILVER SADDLE HORN OF HANNIBAL:

I am with you on this one, I am not going to comment on it since its so forgettable and boring. But the frontrunner in the temple run really should've done a better job because she was moving pretty fast up until she hit the Treasure Room.

ALEXANDER AND THE GORDIAN KNOT:

Tim was a beast in the temple, and the second runner had a name spelled similar to an eyeball. Just another forgettable episode though.

Overall, good rankings and S1L8 should be exciting also. I can't wait until we see  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ranking.  :mrsilver: