Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 14196 times)

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »
Oh, how robbed was Levi Turney.

I agree with the rankings.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
Well, here are my thoughts on the latest rankings:

The Snow Cone kids sucked, REALLY BAD. The Red Jaguars should have gone to the temple in that episode, since the Silver Snakes kept barely winning round by round. And the temple run is just so painful to watch. Did both players really spend all three minutes they had traversing the bottom floor? I've only seen the full episode once, and trust me, once is enough for me. :|

The Upside Down Compass episode was alright. While it's not the most exciting episode, it's best of the worst. And PP Pwnage struck once again! But they kind of lost their thunder by the temple run. The layout was pretty tough, but both players moved a little too slow. As for the pre temple rounds, Sherra pretty much led the team, and she kicked ass in her temple game. Derek was just average at best, not much to say about him. The Green Monkeys were horrible though. I echo your sentiments that I am SO glad they didn't go the temple.

The Bent Shaving Pan was basically a snore. Neither team impressed me, and the temple run was lacking a bit. Both players moved way too slow, Brian being the worst of the two. While he truly had little time remaining, he only got as far as the Dark Forest. That's all I have to say about this one.

And god Xerxes.... huge disappointment. The Green Monkeys did NOT deserve to go to the temple. I don't care how lucky they got with the tiebreaker. To say Levi was robbed is an understatement. While him and Candice probably wouldn't have won in the temple, I know they would have done a better job. Should have been the Purple Parrots. :roll:

Keep the rankings coming! :D

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2012, 05:52:46 PM »
Oh, how robbed was Levi Turney.

I agree with the rankings.

Both Purple Parrot players were robbed. I don't even know how the Green Monkeys made it past the moat, much less the temple. If the Purple Parrot girl (Candice) had only won her temple game, then she the Purple Parrots would've gone to the temple with 2 pendants. But she literally lost to Noelle by half a second.

The Snow Cone kids sucked, REALLY BAD. The Red Jaguars should have gone to the temple in that episode, since the Silver Snakes kept barely winning round by round. And the temple run is just so painful to watch. Did both players really spend all three minutes they had traversing the bottom floor? I've only seen the full episode once, and trust me, once is enough for me.

Be glad you only watched it once, because the episode was really that bad. All of the rounds of the episode were unexciting. And in the temple run, they only made it through five rooms in 3 minutes. That is beyond pathetic for season 3 standards. And even though Heather encountered a locked door, there is no reason why she couldn't have pushed through the wall. One of the worst episodes and runs on the entire show.

The Upside Down Compass episode was alright. While it's not the most exciting episode, it's best of the worst. And PP Pwnage struck once again! But they kind of lost their thunder by the temple run. The layout was pretty tough, but both players moved a little too slow. As for the pre temple rounds, Sherra pretty much led the team, and she kicked ass in her temple game. Derek was just average at best, not much to say about him. The Green Monkeys were horrible though. I echo your sentiments that I am SO glad they didn't go the temple.

Oh God, the Green Monkey girl was not even trying in her temple game. She kept jumping on the wrong bamboo pole while Sherra made it half way across the poles at least 3 times. Sherra was better than Derek for sure too. I am not sure what happened in the temple run, but they should've made it to the Dark Forest. Sweeping the temple games is a rare feat and I expected more from these Purple Parrots.

The Bent Shaving Pan was basically a snore. Neither team impressed me, and the temple run was lacking a bit. Both players moved way too slow, Brian being the worst of the two. While he truly had little time remaining, he only got as far as the Dark Forest. That's all I have to say about this one.

And I can't believe we waited forever for this episode on Nick GAS to air. It truly sucked an there is nothing even remarkable about it.

And god Xerxes.... huge disappointment. The Green Monkeys did NOT deserve to go to the temple. I don't care how lucky they got with the tiebreaker. To say Levi was robbed is an understatement. While him and Candice probably wouldn't have won in the temple, I know they would have done a better job. Should have been the Purple Parrots.  :roll:

Oh they would've probably done 10x better than either of those Green Monkey players. They did nothing impressive throughout the show. yet they made it to the temple. Candice was sooooo close to winning her temple game. If she did win it, they wouldn't have had to worry about the tiebreaker. Such a shame when good teams lose to undeserving teams.

Keep the rankings coming! :D

Thanks! I want to try the last four episodes of S2L5 (Polynesian Girl, Dolley Madison, Icarus, and Nostradamus). Now those should be good episodes.  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »
Also, I forgot to mention just how pathetic Pat was in his individual game. He was literally not even trying towards the last half of the game. He just stood there with a blank look on his face. And after time was called, it looked like he was gonna walk away. :lol: I'm glad Levi beat him. As far as the girls temple game goes, I think Candice would have tied with Noelle instead of outright won. Because didn't Noelle win by one point? But then again, it's been a while since I've seen that episode.

As far as Upside Down Compass goes, yeah the Parrots could have done a better job. Especially since they were so strong pre temple rounds. But their layout was pretty hard, so victory was pretty slim anyways. Though sweeping the temple games isn't too rare of a feature. It's great when a team does that well, but it's not a very uncommon thing. But, that's just me. :P

And S2L5 is a great choice of rankings to do next. Some of the most exciting episodes (Levitating Dog Leash, Priceless Portrait) are from that filming day. That should be a breath of fresh air from your current rankings.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »
If you've been following along in the spam topic, I decided to join in on the ranking fun and give two runs a try. I mainly wanted to see how two certain players did to see if they deserve the criticism they get: Shane from Very Tall Turban and Amanda from Mussel-Shell Armor. I also ranked their partners. And no, I didn't rank their opponents. Multitasking like that isn't my strong suit. Let's see how all four did.

The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba

Shane
Moat: 9
SoK: N/A*
Individual Temple Game: 6
Team Temple Game: 7.5
Temple Run: 7.5
Overall: 7.5

Jamie
Moat: 7.5
SoK: 9
Individual Temple Game: 4.5
Team Temple Game: 7
Temple Run: N/A (never entered)
Overall: 7

*Shane never attempted anything in the Steps, so I can't really judge him here.

Overall, this was a good episode. However, it's episodes like this that make me feel ashamed to be a Purple Parrot fan. :( The PPs in this episode were pretty good. They seemed to be the better team in the temple games, but two noticeable goof-ups cost this team a shot at the temple. Jason of the PPs was owning his temple game, but two turbans that he grabbed failed to get into the bucket. And I think we all know about the team temple game. :cry:

As for the rankings, both Green Monkey players were about average. Both players kind of had a hard time with all their temple games, but they weren't necessarily bad. Again, it was the PPs that gave this one away. They were both solid in the moat. Jamie was really good in the SoK. Then there's the temple run. I thought Shane moved pretty fast. Of course, I had to take points off for not taking a more efficient path. He also got caught up in the Swamp and struggled with the Silver Monkey. This is where Kirk helped him and because of this, more points were taken away. However, because Shane was fast and because he really wasn't that clueless, I gave him a 7.5. I say he was just slightly above average and the overall ranking reflects this, while Jamie was just about average. In the end, Shane deserves more credit for his effort in the temple. I thought he was a fairly good player.

The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Amanda
Moat: 10
SoK: 5
Individual Temple Game: 7.5
Team Temple Game: 5.5
Temple Run: 7

Gator
SoK: 9
Individual Temple Game: 10
Team Temple Game: 8.5
Temple Run: 10
Overall: Are you ready for this? 9.5!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't think Amanda was that bad. Just like Gator, she blazed through the moat without falling off. Definitely deserving of a 10 here. She kind of tried to help in the SoK, but she never answered any question. Now because she did attempt to ring in (unlike Shane), I gave her a 5. In her temple game, Amanda's opponent was much faster than she was, but she was more efficient when dropping the fishes in the bucket. Now the team temple game was kind of hard to judge. It was the "shoot the soldiers" game and both teams only knocked down one soldier. Even though she wasn't the one to knock down their soldier, I gave her a 5.5 for giving it effort. Her aim wasn't that bad. I really think this temple game is pretty hard. Now for the temple run. I thought she moved at an average pace. She knew what she was doing for the most part. I had to take points off for dangling on the pit rope. I gave her a 7 for this one because she was about average. Overall, she was an average player.

Now Gator is a totally different story, in a great way. Blazed through the moat, great in the SoK (he and Amanda were 2nd, but that's beside the point), amazing in his temple game, and blazing fast in the temple. The only complaint I have for him was the team temple game, but I've already gone there. He knocked the soldier down and had good aim, so I gave him an 8.5. Overall, amazing player that gets a 9.5 overall ranking.

Wow, this was harder than I thought! :lol:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
Told you Gator is one of the greatest. :lol:
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
Good rankings overall. ;)

For "The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba", both players were great. Its not like Shane and Jamie didn't deserve to go to the temple.  I think those rankings are fair for either player. So if Jamie had to go into the temple, I think she would've been respectable.

And no doubt in my mind is Gator is one of the best players on Legends. I remember Amanda being good in her individual game even if she was a little slow in it. But man Gator destroyed his temple game, As for the temple, Amanda did just a fine job. Other than the time wasted in the Pit, she did respectable for her short time in the temple. She may have not been Gator fast, but that doesn't mean she wasn't good. Great team overall.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »
Wow, Gator did GREAT in your rankings. :shock: But he deserves it, easily one of the best players this show has ever seen. Amanda was good, but she was just average. She knew what she was doing, but it was Gator that was better.

And Shane and Jamie from Tall Turban were a decent team. Jamie pretty much led the team the whole way, I wonder how she would have done in the temple. And yeah, the Purple Parrots REALLY choked in the third temple game. They had such a solid lead, but blew it at the last second. :( But for the most part, the Green Monkeys still deserved to go to the temple. As for the run itself, I found Shane average at best. He knew what he was doing, and he gave it good effort. But like most have said before, he took a path that cost other teams (like Chandra) a chance at victory. And overall, I never found the victory to be that exciting. I guess he deserves some credit, but I'm still not entirely impressed with him.

But, great rankings either way. I look forward to more. :D

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
Just finished the last four episodes of S2L5! All of these episodes were great, but my personal favorite were "Polynesian Girl" and "Nostradamus". The other two were good also.

THE LEVITATING DOG LEASH OF NOSTRADAMUS

Elizabeth
Moat: 6
Steps of Knowledge: 9
Individual Game: N/A
Team Game: 7
Tiebreaker: +1
Temple Run: 7.5
Overall: 7.63

Jason
Moat: 7
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Individual Game: 5
Team Game: 8
Temple Run: 8.5
Overall: 7.3

Cara
Moat: 4
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: N/A
Team Game: 6
Overall: 5.67

Christopher
Steps of Knowledge: 10
Individual Game: 9
Overall: 8.25

NOTES:
This was a great episode, and both teams were strong for the most part. The Purple Parrot boy, Christopher, was a beast in each round of the temple. He dominated the Steps and his individual temple game, and both teams did well in their team game.

I didn't evaluate the girl's individual game since it was luck-based. So I just gae both girls a "N/A" in that category.

The temple run was great also and the Orange Iguanas both did good. Even though Elizabeth didn't last long in the temple, I still gae her a good score on account that she moved fast and signal the half-pendant to Jason.

THE BROKEN WING OF ICARUS

April
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 7
Tiebreaker: +1
Temple Run: N/A

Jason
Individual Game: 8.5
Temple Run: 5
Overall: 7.3

Lisa
Individual Game: 5

Kevin
Tiebreaker: -1
Team Game: 8
Overall: 7.75

NOTES:
This episode was better than I remembered, and both teams were strong. But ultimately, I felt like the Silver Snakes deserved to go to the temple.

In the moat, both Green and Silver made it across first and second, and neither of them fell in either unlike the previous episode where the other two teamskept falling in.

The Silver Snakes were great in the Steps, and the Green Monkeys were right behind them.

In the individual games, the only reason April won her first game was because the Silver Snake boy (Kevin) kept knocking his birds down. Jason destroyed his temple game also and Lisa had no chance.

For the team game, it seemed like Jason gave up towards the end of it. So I gave him a lower score.

And the tiebreaker was disappointing. How did the Silver Snakes not know it was Atlantis? Regardless of the tiebreaker, I felt this team was slightly stronger and should've gone too the temple.

And we all know the story of the temple run. I felt like a "5" was being too generous to Jason, considering he kept backtracking to deadends and took the worst possible route of the temple. But still, he almost turned it into a solo victory if that says anything.

THE BONNET OF DOLLEY MADISON

Ashlie
Steps of Knowledge: 4
Individual Game: 8
Temple Run: 6
Overall: 6.4

Matt
Individual Game: 9
Team Game: 6.5
Temple Run: 9
Overall: 7.9

Jessica
Individual Game: 6
Team Game: 5

Dwayne
Moat: 6
Overall: 6.5

NOTES:
Oh wow, Ashlie almost cost her team a trip to the temple games. She got a total of 3 wrong answers in the steps! But she did get one answer right though, which saved her from gettig a lower score. The Purple Parrot girl was a beast at the Steps too.

No comment about the temple games. The Orange Iguanas swept the temple games and made the Purple Parrots look sucky. In the last team game, the Purple Parrots looked very sloppy and kept dropping the pieces of treasure/

Matt was amazing in the temple run! He got caught up a little bit in the Ledges, but after that he moved super fast and complted the Observatory in like six seconds. Had he no chosen the Ledges, this would've been an amazing temple win! Ashlie was not bad either, but she kept tripping and I had to deduct points for her mishap in the Dark Forest.

THE PRICELESS PORTRAIT OF THE POLYNESIAN GIRL

Kristen
Moat: 8
Individual Game: 8
Temple Run: 6.5
Overall: 7.7

Jim
Moat: 6.5
Steps of Knowledge: 8.5
Individual Game: 6.5
Team Game: 3.5
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 6.6

Janet
Individual Game: 6
Team Game: 4
Overall: 7.0

Chris
Individual Game: 7.5
Overall: 7.63

NOTES:
I forgot how much I love this episode! It was very exciting to watch and both the Silver Snakes and Purple Parrots were very competitive. If this episode would've ended in a win, then it would easily be a top 10 episode for me.

The Purple Parrots made the moat look easy, while Jim kind of struggled in the moat. Kristen didn't have any real problems though.

The Silver Snakes were amazing in the Steps. They answer two questions together at the same time and Kristen got one answer right withouth any choices being revealed. The Purple Parrot girl was a beast also.

The team game for this episode was very sloppy and both teams kept missing the buckets with their balls. Jim looked pretty bad in the team game while Kristen was making all the basket shots. The Purple Parrots were all over the place in this game also.

For the temple run, Jim didn't last long but he didn't really do anything special or wrong, so I gave him a good score. Kristen on the other hand hesitated at the beginning of the run and moved kind of slow up until the Shrine. She did haul ass on the bottom floor though, so that boost her score a little bit. If she hadn't hesitated in the Pit though, then this team would've won. Or if Jim had gone in second, I think they would've had a better chance of winning.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:27:08 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »
Elizabeth's ranking seems a bit lenient, but otherwise, not bad. These rankings are agreeable. :)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »
Elizabeth's ranking seems a bit lenient, but otherwise, not bad. These rankings are agreeable. :)

In which category in particular? I guess the temple run might be a little high and I could lower her Steps down a little bit, but she was a good contestant though.  :mrorange:

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »

In which category in particular? I guess the temple run might be a little high and I could lower her Steps down a little bit, but she was a good contestant though.  :mrorange:
Temple Run is a little too high.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
I'd give Elizabeth a 6.75 or 7. But other than that, those rankings look good. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »
Ah, the final production day of Season 2. That was a pretty goldmine of a filming day, even if only Nostradamus was a win that day. So, here are my thoughts:

Nostradamus was a great episode from beginning to end. And what a coincidence that I was just watching this run the other day. I happen to think Elizabeth's rankings are fine. The temple run might be a bit lenient, but then didn't even last long anyways. I remember Jason REALLY struggling in his temple game. But those ceiling games are pretty crappy anyways, so I won't hold it against him too much. The Purple Parrots were also a solid team, especially the Purple Parrot boy. Too much they choked once again at the tiebreaker. I wish both teams would have gone to the temple, but the Orange Iguanas definitely deserved it more. And the temple run was great. Both Elizabeth and Jason did great.

The Broken Wing of Icarus was actually a very exciting episode. The Green Monkeys and The Silver Snakes dominated this episode. From being 1 and 2 in the moat, double sweeping the steps, and tying 1 pendant in the temple games. Too bad the Silver Snakes choked at the tiebreaker though. They probably would have done better in the temple. As far as the run itself goes, Jason sucked. At least he made it to the artifact, and the ending WAS a nailbiter. But, he ended up blowing it at the end, so his low ranking was deserved. Also, didn't it look like April was gonna cry after time was called? She looked upset, and she kept wiping her eyes during the end credits. If that were the case, then I wouldn't blame her.

The Bonnet of Dolley Madison was also another episode I've seen recently. It was a good episode. Man, did Ashlie suck during the steps or what? They just barely got down to the bottom because rang in incorrectly three times. The Parrots on the other hand OWNED IT on the steps. The temple games were good though, but the Iguanas destroyed the Parrots. Especially in that third game, when the Parrots kept dropping their pieces. They were clearly no match for the Iguanas. The temple run was exciting, but disappointing. Matt was a BEAST in the temple, in the little time he lasted. Just look at the way he assembled that stone column. If only he didn't try for a direct path, it could have been an amazing solo win. Ashlie was okay, she looked like she was a pain the whole time she was running. Probably because of her trip up the stairs. Too bad she screwed up in the Dark Forest, and couldn't even get out of the Jesters' court once she DID grab the bonnet.

And finally The Priceless Portrait, where we are reunited with those Purple Parrots who got DQ'd in the Applewood Amulet's moat crossing. They were a good team, but they sort of choked in the third temple game. The Silver Snakes were a good team, but I liked Jim better than I did Kristen. I agree with you that this run could have been a win if Jim had gone in second. Speaking of the temple run, it was a good effort. Kristen hesitated way too much, but at least she found the half pendant. And it wasn't even SIGNALED to her. Christina from Secret Battle Plan, take note. The last seconds of the run were pretty exciting, since it was the first time an artifact was even REACHED in the bottom central shaft. But, time ran out nonetheless. On a more off topic note, who thinks the crew just randomly put the Portrait in the Laser Light Room, just for the fact "an artifact has never been in there before?" Great way to wrap up Season 2 though, even if it wasn't a win.

Also, notice how the Purple Parrots made it to 3/4 of the temple games in this episode, but lost each time? Two times to the Orange Iguanas, no less. Darn, but those other teams still deserved it anyways.

Great rankings like always! :mrred:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2012, 06:31:53 PM »
Nostradamus was a great episode from beginning to end. And what a coincidence that I was just watching this run the other day. I happen to think Elizabeth's rankings are fine. The temple run might be a bit lenient, but then didn't even last long anyways. I remember Jason REALLY struggling in his temple game. But those ceiling games are pretty crappy anyways, so I won't hold it against him too much. The Purple Parrots were also a solid team, especially the Purple Parrot boy. Too much they choked once again at the tiebreaker. I wish both teams would have gone to the temple, but the Orange Iguanas definitely deserved it more. And the temple run was great. Both Elizabeth and Jason did great.

Yeah, the Purple Parrot boy (Christopher) pretty much carried the team throughout the episode. And I agree, those ceiling games sucked because the contestants would always knock down the stuff they hang on the ceiling. But Jason still kind of struggled with that game compared to Christopher.

And I might knock Elizabeth down to a "7" in the temple run (which I originally planned to give her.) Other than that, she moved pretty well and even pointed out the half-pendant to Jason. They were both good and one of the best Orange Iguanas wins.

The Broken Wing of Icarus was actually a very exciting episode. The Green Monkeys and The Silver Snakes dominated this episode. From being 1 and 2 in the moat, double sweeping the steps, and tying 1 pendant in the temple games. Too bad the Silver Snakes choked at the tiebreaker though. They probably would have done better in the temple. As far as the run itself goes, Jason sucked. At least he made it to the artifact, and the ending WAS a nailbiter. But, he ended up blowing it at the end, so his low ranking was deserved. Also, didn't it look like April was gonna cry after time was called? She looked upset, and she kept wiping her eyes during the end credits. If that were the case, then I wouldn't blame her.

I always remember hating "Icarus" until I watched the episode again today. It was actually a very competitive episode between the Green Monkeys and Silver Snakes. The Silver Snakes did very well in the temple games, but the Silver Snake boy got unlucky in the ceiling game and should've won over April, but he kept knocking down the birds. And yeah, they choked big time during the tiebreaker. You would think Atlantis would be an easy answer too.

And looking back at the ending of the run, April did look both upset and astonished.  :shock: Then again, I would too if my partner was mere inches away from victory. But rewatching the ending of the run, it looked like Jason gave up in those last 10 seconds while trying to get out of the Ledges. He doesn't even make an effort to try and climb out! Olivia-Emma and Tarrah were in the same situation as him, but they hauled ass and managed to get it back to the temple gate. Jason just sucked at the end period.

And speaking of crying, it looked like the Silver Snake girl was going to cry during the tiebreaker. I would too if my partner got an answer like that wrong.  :roll:

The Bonnet of Dolley Madison was also another episode I've seen recently. It was a good episode. Man, did Ashlie suck during the steps or what? They just barely got down to the bottom because rang in incorrectly three times. The Parrots on the other hand OWNED IT on the steps. The temple games were good though, but the Iguanas destroyed the Parrots. Especially in that third game, when the Parrots kept dropping their pieces. They were clearly no match for the Iguanas. The temple run was exciting, but disappointing. Matt was a BEAST in the temple, in the little time he lasted. Just look at the way he assembled that stone column. If only he didn't try for a direct path, it could have been an amazing solo win. Ashlie was okay, she looked like she was a pain the whole time she was running. Probably because of her trip up the stairs. Too bad she screwed up in the Dark Forest, and couldn't even get out of the Jesters' court once she DID grab the bonnet.

I don't know what happened to Ashlie during the temple run. She kept tripping and falling in every room of the temple. Then in the Dark Forest, you could tell she was getting frustrated and loss. I wonder what happened? Did she get lost on where to stick the key? And I didn't even pay attention to the detail either about her having a hard time getting out of the Dark Forest.  :o I might have to deduct more for her. Had Matt not gone through the Ledges though, then this would've been a solo victory at the pace he was moving.

And finally The Priceless Portrait, where we are reunited with those Purple Parrots who got DQ'd in the Applewood Amulet's moat crossing. They were a good team, but they sort of choked in the third temple game. The Silver Snakes were a good team, but I liked Jim better than I did Kristen. I agree with you that this run could have been a win if Jim had gone in second. Speaking of the temple run, it was a good effort. Kristen hesitated way too much, but at least she found the half pendant. And it wasn't even SIGNALED to her. Christina from Secret Battle Plan, take note. The last seconds of the run were pretty exciting, since it was the first time an artifact was even REACHED in the bottom central shaft. But, time ran out nonetheless. On a more off topic note, who thinks the crew just randomly put the Portrait in the Laser Light Room, just for the fact "an artifact has never been in there before?" Great way to wrap up Season 2 though, even if it wasn't a win.

So those were the Purple Parrots from Emiliano Zapata? I knew they looked familiar before! I didn't know they were the ones from that episode, but I am glad they were given a second go. Although I am surprised they waited until the last episode to give them a second chance.

And I wonder what made Kristen go back to the Pit? I guess she saw it after running by it in the first place? And then she proceeds up to the Observatory afterwards. But she did move too slowly on the top floor though. Had she not wasted that time, she could've gotten it out of the temple. But then again, the ending is very exciting and its one of my top 5 losses on the show.

And I am glad that you weren't the only surprised about the artifact location either.  :o I thought it was totally random (and cool) that they threw it in the Laser Light Room. I am surprised that was the only time an artifact was in that room also. It appeared in 20 episodes in total (not counting "Nathan Hale") and only one artifact appeared there once! Then again, that might explain why there weren't any bottom of the central shaft wins on the show. Between season 1 and 2, there were only four artifacts located down there.  :o

Also, notice how the Purple Parrots made it to 3/4 of the temple games in this episode, but lost each time? Two times to the Orange Iguanas, no less. Darn, but those other teams still deserved it anyways.

Its not unusual for the Purple Parrots to lose the temple games.  :mrpurple: But these group of Purple Parrots were actually competitive and not pushover ones like in past episodes. Although the "Dolley Madison" Purple Parrots didn't really have a chance in the temple games.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:56:34 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »