Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 13471 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
S1L8 has got some interesting ones. Dragon Lady, King Tut, Pecos Bill, Mata Hari, and Robin Hood. Can't wait. :)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
One week later and still no reviews for this layout? Don't worry THK, I know school is getting in the way. ;)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »
One week later and still no reviews for this layout? Don't worry THK, I know school is getting in the way. ;)

Yes.  Just understand that I will probably never get updates as often as I did over winter break.  :lol:
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2012, 12:59:31 AM »
Well, so much for progress. I'll try to get mine up when I'm done.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Radman

• And the fearless Daring Do
  • Orange Iguana
  • Brony since Feb 2012 - Legends fan since Sep 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
Interesting format.
Could I try one? You know, just for the lols?  :P

Creator of Legends: World's Collide

Favorites:
Team - GO RED JAGS!
Episode - John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Player: Jennifer (same episode)
Room: King's Storeroom

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 02:29:01 PM »
You know, I'll just put up a teaser. And since THK has his own rankings, I won't put his scores in as his actual ones may differ. Also, I'm too lazy to put colors in, so I'll just leave it as it is. I'll go in the order of finished production. And because of our recent situation, I'll do one episode at time. Scale is 0.5 to 10 with a unit of 0.5.

One note, I'll be doing two rankings, one that includes all rounds and another for pre-temple rounds for a fairer comparison between the two teams.

GALILEO'S CANNONBALL

Jammin' Jon:
Moat: 7
Steps: 7
Individual: 8
Team: 8
Pre-Temple: 7.71
Temple: 6.5
Overall: 7.21

Jennifer:
Steps: 7.5
Individual: 3.5
Team: 8
Pre-Temple: 6.26
Temple: 4.5
Overall: 5.53

Kevin:
Moat: 5.5
Steps: N/A
Indivdual: 5.5
Team: 3.5
Pre-Temple/Overall: 3.82

Beth:
Moat: 6
Steps: 6
Individual: 6
Team: 6.5
Pre-Temple/Overall: 6.18

Well, Jammin' Jon was our first good player as he was consistently good through every round. Jennifer, on the other hand, had to croak in the Temple. Beth did decently, but Kevin was her downfall.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:09:16 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
I want to try and revive this thread, so I went ahead and did the S2L4 episodes. The first two episodes sucked, by the last two were great.

THE SILK SASH OF MULAN

Jessie
Moat: 2
Steps of Knowledge: 5
Individual Game: 5.5
Team Game: 7
Temple Run: 5
Overall: 4.9

Steven
Moat: 8
Steps of Knowledge: 9
Individual Game: 5
Team Game: 5
Temple Run: 4
Overall: 6.2

Jessica
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 6
Team Game: 6
Overall: 6.25

Timothy
Steps of Knowledge: 8

NOTES:
I didn't like this episode at all, most of the rounds were pretty bad except for the Steps. Jessie was pathetic in the moat also. There were three teams across already and she didn't even make it across yet. They only went onto the Steps because Steven hauled ass once he got into the moat.

The temple games were not any better either. The Blue Barracudas barely scrapped by each temple game. On top of that, the Green Monkey boy was an idiot in his temple game for falling off every second. I couldn't really evaluate Jessie and Timothy in the team game because they relied on their partner to knock down the statue. But I gave them a score based on how well they attempted to kick a soldier down.

And don't get me started on the temple run either. Steven wasted too much time in the Observatory and got lost in the Dark Laser Light Room of all places.

THE GOLDEN GOBLET OF ATTILA THE HUN

Rachelle
Moat: 6.5
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Temple Run: 6
Overall: 5.9

Taylor
Tiebreaker: +1
Temple Run: N/A
Overall: 6.5

Jill
Moat: 5
Steps of Knowledge: 5
Individual Game: 4
Overall: 5.25

Brett
Individual Game: 7
Overall: 6.38

NOTES:
This episode was boring and all the contestants were just aerage. The Purple Parrot girl (Jill) sucked though and didn't look like she wanted to be on the show.

Nothing really to talk about though here, the numbers can do the talking for you. I was kind to Rachelle in the temple run even though she moved a little too slow and didn't take the most direct path either.

THE LEOPARD-SKIN CLOAK OF ANNIE OAKLEY

Chandra
Individual Game: 9
Team Game: 8
Temple Run: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

Nick
Individual Game: 8.5
Temple Run: 7.5
Overall: 8.0

Rose

Shane
Individual Game: 5.5

NOTES:
This episode was great, one of my favorite season two episodes. The Purple Parrots really shined in this episode and they dominated the temple games. Also, the Green Monkey boy in the Steps cost his team a trip to the temple games by buzzing in early all the time.

As for the temple run, even if Chandra did take the long way through the temple, she still finished one room away with about 1 minute left. Nick followed her path all the way to the King's Storeroom but there was not even enough time by then to reach the Cloak.

Also, this temple run proves why I don't think Ahmed Baba is that great of a win. Even if Chandra would've taken the Shrine shortcut, she still would've been taken out one room away due to the temple guard placement. Shane got extremely lucky in his run with the temple guard placement.

THE SNAKESKIN BOOTS OF BILLY THE KID

Kelly
Individual Game: 10
Overall: 7.6

Tony
Steps of Knowledge: 10
Individual Game: 8.5
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 8.3

Stacy
Overall: 5.25

Adam
Overall: 6.75

NOTES:
We all know the story behind this episode, the Purple Parrts dominated every round of the temple and even managed to get a temple win. Kelly and Tony dominated their individual games and tied their team game in a close match with the Green Monkeys.

Also, I don't see why people say this temple win is easy. Maybe it was not as tough as Pirate Captain or Apanuugpak, but I this is just about on par with Benzibab, Sforza, and Ahmed Baba - and those wins get praised all the time. I think this win is very underrated.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Yay, more rankings! Glad to see this thread get revived after losing most of our progress. Here are my thoughts on the S2L4 episodes:

Mulan was pretty much a snore of an episode. Jessie was just painful to watch during the moat, and they only got to the temple because Stephen hauled ass through most of the rounds. Yet it was HIM who fell apart in the temple. And don't get me started on that Green Monkey boy either. I am so glad he didn't get to the temple. :roll:

Golden Goblet was a pretty blah episode too. From what I see on the rankings, the boys were pretty strong, and the girls were pretty weak. Especially the Purple Parrot girl, who I agree with you that she looked like she didn't want to be on the show. As far as the temple run goes, Rachelle was okay, but she did move pretty slow. I would have given her a 5 for her performance though. I wonder how Taylor would have done had he gone in first instead.

Not much else needs to be said about Leopard Skin Cloak, except it was PP Pwnage! It was clear the Blue Barracudas were no match for the Purple Parrots. They were just plain average, while the Parrots truly shined. It's such a pity this team didn't win, but Chandra should not have taken that elevator. I agree about your sentiments on Ahmed Baba and Annie Oakley though. It's nearly the same run, only different artifact location and the former team won. But either way, I agree with your rankings.

And Snakeskin Boots, another PP Pwnage episode. And unlike the aforementioned team, Kelly and Tony won. The strongest points were Tony sweeping the steps, Kelly OWNING her individual game, and the close competition in the third temple game. And I completely agree with you about the win itself. I always thought it got a lot of undeserved hate just because they didn't travel through 9 rooms and have 1029384756 objectives to do. Everyone seems to think that this run is just "Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder 2." Just because the layout was medium and Tony had a bad exit plan, doesn't make it a terrible victory. This is easily the most underrated victory ever. Yet runs like Benzibab and Ahmed Baba get praised all the time, which didn't have particularly hard layouts either. Though I would have given Tony a 7 for the temple run, and I don't think I would have graded Kelly's performance for the steps. Since it was Tony who swup the steps for the Parrots. But either way, I thought it was a great temple run and it deserves all the praise it gets.

Overall, great list. :D

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
Yay, more rankings! Glad to see this thread get revived after losing most of our progress.
*looks above TRJ's post*

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »

Mulan was pretty much a snore of an episode. Jessie was just painful to watch during the moat, and they only got to the temple because Stephen hauled ass through most of the rounds. Yet it was HIM who fell apart in the temple. And don't get me started on that Green Monkey boy either. I am so glad he didn't get to the temple. :roll:

I remember someone saying that they didn't like the Green Monkey boy in this episode because he was just showing off. I agree with that person and he acted like a moron in his temple game. But truth be told, I don't think either team deserved to go to the temple.

Golden Goblet was a pretty blah episode too. From what I see on the rankings, the boys were pretty strong, and the girls were pretty weak. Especially the Purple Parrot girl, who I agree with you that she looked like she didn't want to be on the show. As far as the temple run goes, Rachelle was okay, but she did move pretty slow. I would have given her a 5 for her performance though. I wonder how Taylor would have done had he gone in first instead.

I think I am going to go back  and give her a "5" in the temple also. I mean I gave Chandra a "6.5" and she was much better than Rachelle. Other than that, this episode is really blah.

Not much else needs to be said about Leopard Skin Cloak, except it was PP Pwnage! It was clear the Blue Barracudas were no match for the Purple Parrots. They were just plain average, while the Parrots truly shined. It's such a pity this team didn't win, but Chandra should not have taken that elevator. I agree about your sentiments on Ahmed Baba and Annie Oakley though. It's nearly the same run, only different artifact location and the former team won. But either way, I agree with your rankings.

This team would rank right up there in with the Billy the Kid team as best Purple Parrot team in the temple. The only thing the Billy the Kid teams has going for them is that they swept the steps. Other than that, both teams finished first in every round except the Annie Oakley lost in the temple run. And the Annie Oakley kids swept the temple games too.

And Snakeskin Boots, another PP Pwnage episode. And unlike the aforementioned team, Kelly and Tony won. The strongest points were Tony sweeping the steps, Kelly OWNING her individual game, and the close competition in the third temple game. And I completely agree with you about the win itself. I always thought it got a lot of undeserved hate just because they didn't travel through 9 rooms and have 1029384756 objectives to do. Everyone seems to think that this run is just "Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder 2." Just because the layout was medium and Tony had a bad exit plan, doesn't make it a terrible victory. This is easily the most underrated victory ever. Yet runs like Benzibab and Ahmed Baba get praised all the time, which didn't have particularly hard layouts either. Though I would have given Tony a 7 for the temple run, and I don't think I would have graded Kelly's performance for the steps. Since it was Tony who swup the steps for the Parrots. But either way, I thought it was a great temple run and it deserves all the praise it gets.

Seriously, the Green Monkey girl was pathetic in her temple game. I think Kelly made it up the horse 4 or 5 times before the Monkey girl made it. And I noticed a couple of people on Youtube said that Kelly cheated in her temple game. But I disagree, Steven from the Silk Sash of Mulan was going up the horse the same way also. Except, he sucked compared to Kelly.

And this team did complete a fair share of objectives too. Laser Light Room, Dark Forest, and Jester's Court were all objectives. This is about the same amount as Benzibab and Ahmed Baba. I prefer this win over those.
Overall, great list! :D

Thanks! I want to try to do another one later and can't decide what to do next. Maybe I will test my luck and do Henry Hudson, Xerxes, Kilimanjaro, and Jedidiah Smith production day.  :o

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:44 PM »
I would've given Chandra a higher temple rating and a higher temple rating than Nick. All Nick had to do was get to where Chandra was taken out. Now he did do that, but he acted kind of dumb in the Pit by unnecessarily swinging on the rope. Reminds me of Brian from Bent Shaving Pan, but much better.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
I would've given Chandra a higher temple rating and a higher temple rating than Nick. All Nick had to do was get to where Chandra was taken out. Now he did do that, but he acted kind of dumb in the Pit by unnecessarily swinging on the rope. Reminds me of Brian from Bent Shaving Pan, but much better.

Yeah, I had a hard time deciding what to give Chandra in the temple. I mean she did great besides taking that elevator and even made it one room away with about a minute left on the clock. And this is taking the same route that Shane took in the temple too. As for Nick, maybe I could lower him down just to a 7. But I don't think he was bad as Brian though. Now that boy looked lost.  ;)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:02 PM »

Yeah, I had a hard time deciding what to give Chandra in the temple. I mean she did great besides taking that elevator and even made it one room away with about a minute left on the clock. And this is taking the same route that Shane took in the temple too. As for Nick, maybe I could lower him down just to a 7. But I don't think he was bad as Brian though. Now that boy looked lost.  ;)
Then, it's a good thing Irish went in first instead of Brian. I haven't seen Bent Shaving Pan is a long time, but I remember Brian being very slow. If he had gone in first, Irish probably wouldn't have had a chance to go in. As far as Nick goes, maybe one or two points lower would have been good. I mean, remember his awkward key placement in the King's Storeroom?

Anyways, for your next ones, I say go ahead and do Xerxes/Henry Hudson filming day. Good luck getting decent rankings from those teams though. Since that filming day wasn't very good.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »

Then, it's a good thing Irish went in first instead of Brian. I haven't seen Bent Shaving Pan is a long time, but I remember Brian being very slow. If he had gone in first, Irish probably wouldn't have had a chance to go in. As far as Nick goes, maybe one or two points lower would have been good. I mean, remember his awkward key placement in the King's Storeroom?

Anyways, for your next ones, I say go ahead and do Xerxes/Henry Hudson filming day. Good luck getting decent rankings from those teams though. Since that filming day wasn't very good.

Oh God, Kilimanjaro and Xerxes will be painful to go through. The Red Jaguars (Kilimanjaro) and Purple Parrots (Xerxes) deserved to go over the other teams that went to the temple. But Henry Hudson was a good episode IIRC and Jedidiah Smith is forgettable.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
Here is my rankings for the Kilimanjaro production day. Aside from Henry Hudson, the rest of the episodes were lacking. Kilimanjaro and Xerxes are also some of the worst episodes too.  :roll:

THE SNOW CONE OF MOUNT KILIMANJARO

Casey
Moat: 5.5
Individual Game: 6.5
Temple Run: 3.5
Overall: 5.5

Heather
Temple Run: 4.5
Overall: 5.7

Nissa

Kevin

NOTES:
This episode sucked, I didn't like it at all. The Silver Snakes did not deserve to go to the temple and they barely beat the Red Jaguars in the final temple game. Heather looked pathetic in her temple game where she kept stepping on the same pole that was wrong. Also, she kept stumbling in her team game.

The temple run is not any better and Casey did not know what he was doing either. Heather fails for wasting all that time in the Dark Forest.

THE UPSIDE-DOWN COMPASS OF HENRY HUDSON

Sherra
Overall: 7.2

Derek
Individual Game: 6.5
Overall: 6.6

Anna-Claire
Individual Game: 3

David
Steps of Knowledge: 4 (for getting one and ALMOST getting two answers wrong)

NOTES:
This episode was MUCH better than the Snow Cone of Mount Kilimanjaro. Sherra was amazing in the Steps of Knowledge and the Purple Parrots swept their temple games.

The temple run was disappointing though, seeing as the Purple Parrots were strong in the prior rounds. But then again, that layout was brutal so it didn't help the team much. But still, Sherra could've moved faster.

The Green Monkeys kind of sucked also. I am glad they didn't go to the temple.

THE BENT-SHAVING PAN OF JEDIDIAH SMITH

Irish
Overall: 5.8

Brian
Tiebreaker: +1
Overall: 6.6

Sarah
Overall: 6.5

Vernon

NOTES:
Nothing special about this episode at all. Each of the player's shined in different rounds of the  show. I was surprised how low Irish's rankings was, because I thought she was going to rank a lot higher than this. She sucked in her temple game while the Green Monkey girl was dominant. It was the opposite for Brian being better in his temple game. The team temple game was a mess though and both teams were all over the place.

The temple was pretty lacking also. Irish was moving much too slowly and she should've picked up the pace a little more. Even though Brian had little time left on the clock, he was taking his sweet old time in the Pit of the Pendulum. And even with that little time left, he could've made much better progress. Just look at Katie from Imperial Wizard and Elisa from Ivan the Terrible did with their little time in the temple!

THE MARBLE ARMREST OF XERXES

Noelle
Team Game: 4
Temple Run: 3
Overall: 5.4

Pat
Tiebreaker: 0

Candice
Overall: 6.75

Levi
Overall: 7.5

NOTES:
Congratulations Green Monkeys, you did not deserve to go to the temple at all! Aside from the Steps, this team barely scrapped by each round of the temple. The Purple Parrots absolutely dominated the Steps and its too bad Candice lost her temple game by one pole, or else the Purple Parrots would've gone to the temple with 2 pendants.

Also, Pat was pathetic in his temple game. Even though he had no rocks left to throw, he just standed there for the last 15 seconds and staring at Levi while he was shooting. Kirk even told him to block and did nothing!

And don't get me started on the temple run. :roll: