Author Topic: Individual Ranking System  (Read 13399 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Ranking System
« Reply #450 on: April 26, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
I can't believe I forgot about the tidbit about Jennifer and Tony looking alike. :lol: I also remember Kirk calling Jennifer a "he" in her temple game. Must've been the boys haircut of hers. XD And if you have rankings of Buddha, you should totally post them. It would be interesting to see how our rankings stack up. ;) Total word to everything you said. Jennifer is not as great as people make her out to be, and she is certainly NOT on the same level as Tarrah. As for my next rankings, I should have my rankings up for Atahualpa very soon. That episode was a lot more exciting than Buddha. :mrblue:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »
And I updated more of my chart, I finished up to end of Season 2. I also included RJF's name in the "Blackbeard/Galileo" section of the chart. I don't know why I didn't include it sooner. :lol: An update to TRJ's chart is to come soon too. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »
I see you added your scores for the Buddha team. Thanks for taking care of that. I updated the chart also for RJF's scores for Golden Cricket Cage. ;) I have two weeks left of school, so I will have more time to focus on this topic. I need to make a project like you are doing. Maybe I should go and finish ranking the remaining Red Jaguars teams?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:18 PM »
It's up to you really. But if you really want a request, how about taking on all of Missing Eye's day? I know you wanted to do that, and I really want to see your rankings. How would that sound to you? If you don't want to rank them, that's fine too. ;)

EDIT: So I don't double post again, I put N/A for the episodes not ranked yet. I hope that's okay too.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:14:14 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 27, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »
Yeah, I really need to find my saved rankings for Missing Eye and Enormous Iron Nose Ring. I know I saved them, but I looked everywhere for them. I don't mind redoing them though since I have those two episodes memorized. And then I can do the more exciting Ahmed Baba.  :mrgreen:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 27, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
Yeah, I especially can't wait for Ahmed Baba. And Ivory Elephant for that matter. :mrblue: :mrgreen:

But yeah no, I'll update the rest of your chart tonight, at least up to the end of Season 2. The charts will look great once completed. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »
I know, double post again. :lol: But the rest of the chart in TRJ's post has been updated. Only Season 3 needs to be put in chart mode. This was surprisingly easy to do, and didn't take as long. So it wasn't nearly as tedious as I thought. All the spacing out between the episode title and names really helped a lot. Let me know if anything is out of place. ;)

You can thank me whenever you'd like, since I did work VERY hard on updating everything. I just hope you appreciate the hard work I do for all these threads and all the updating I do. Since I know you have a very hectic schedule and don't have time for such projects. ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:18:22 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 02, 2014, 11:30:17 PM »
To continue this thread, here are my rankings of "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa." :mrblue:

THE GOLDEN JAGUAR OF ATAHUALPA

Chris:
Moat: 8
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Individual Game: 6
Team Game: 7
Temple Run: 7
Overall: 6.8

Tracy:
Moat: 6
Steps of Knowledge: 7
Individual Game: 7
Team Game: 8
Tiebreaker: +1
Temple Run: 7
Overall: 7.25

Kelly:
Moat: 4
Steps of Knowledge: 6
Individual Game: 8
Team Game: 6
Overall: 6

Greg:
Moat: 9
Individual Game: 10
Team Game: 8
Overall: 8.5

NOTES:

Wow, take a look at Greg's score. :shock: He didn't even make it to the temple, and he made almost a 9 average! Imagine what he would've been like in the temple. As for the rest of the episode, it was easily one of the more exciting Season 1 episodes. Greg was beast during the moat, and he was one of the very few contestants to NOT fall into the water while trying to cross via the overhead rope. His partner Kelly was a little slower getting across, but she didn't have too much trouble either. Her main problem was her immense struggling of throwing the rope across the moat. I know giving her a "4" for the moat is a little harsh, but it took her a long time to properly throw it, and her team was one of the last to cross the moat because of it. But enough about the moat, the temple games were the staple of this episode. Greg had no trouble climbing the mountain, and he was so fast with the climbing it had to have been a record. Chris did an alright job too, but he kept slipping during the game. Both Tracy and Kelly did very well with their "sliding down a slippery chute" game. One of the few games I liked in Season 1. I especially liked Kirk's comment "By the looks of things, you look a bit soapy" at the end of the game. Priceless. :lol: In the third game, Tracy had great aim, and Chris did a good job adjusting his body to catch all the balls. Greg did a great job adjusting his body too, but Kelly seemed like she wasn't even trying in the last game. It seemed like she was taking her time throwing all the balls. Not much else to say except Chris and Tracy came from behind and won the game with a score of 13-11. Of course, this marks the first ever Purple Parrots tiebreaker loss, so the Blue Barracudas naturally rang in correctly, and sealed themselves a trip to the temple. The temple run was pretty exciting, although this would've been a win if Chris never detoured into the Heart Room. I don't hold the "entering the cave the wrong way" bit against him, since that only wasted like, three seconds. But Chris could've easily recorded a solo victory if he never entered the Heart Room. Tracy did a good job covering Chris' tracks once he was taken out. And she did grab the artifact at the last second. But of course, they didn't make it out. This also marks the only time the Blue Barracudas reach an artifact, but don't bring it out in time. Overall, this was an exciting episode and temple run. :mrblue: Just a few mistakes prevented this from being a win.

And there you go. :mrblue: You may or may not agree with these rankings, but I'd say almost all the players ranked well here. Even if it is a little too high. Like always, please give me your feedback. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2014, 01:02:58 AM »
Atahualpa is a great episode and one of the few Season 1 episodes I really like. I actually kind of consider this episode underrated. No one ever really talks about this failed escape run. It was a great episode all the way through. The Blue Barracudas were a good team in the moat, but Kelly of the Purple Parrots struggled. But then again, the objective for that moat was pretty bad too. No one really stood out in the temple games, but they still got the job done. As for the temple games, it looks like the Purple Parrots were stronger. Greg definitely shined in his individual game. He got all three pieces of treasure at the top before 30 seconds even passed. I don't remember though, did Chris really do that bad? I remember this temple game being close. I also liked the belly sliding game, even if it was kind of impossible to win once one player got so far. The Purple Parrots head into the team game with a 1-0 score. Unfortunately, Kelly did not pick up the slack in the final game while Greg did all the work. Robert and Tracy had good synergy going though, and won it to force the tiebreaker. Just like a scenario similar to Annie Taylor, the Blue Barracudas beat the Purple Parrots out for the tiebreaker.  :mrblue:

The temple run is fun, and I totally agree with your scores for Robert and Tracy. Chris was a good frontrunner that made an unfortunate mistake by entering the Heart Room. Had he not done this, then this would've been a solo victory. He still moved fast though and left Tracy with a lot of time. Tracy is a pretty overlooked second runner too. Despite her partner being taken out one room away, she picked up the slack pretty well, got the Silver Monkey put together, and grabbed the Golden Jaguar. Overall, I liked this episode and temple run a lot. One of the few Season 1 episodes I even like. I will even take Atahualpa over Buddha. I agree with your rankings too. ;)  :mrblue: All four players were better than most Season 1 teams, but Tracy and Greg were the stars of their teams.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 03, 2014, 01:10:19 AM »
Well, the problem with Chris was he kept on slipping and dropping all his treasure pieces. Had it not been for that, I would've definitely given him a "7" for the temple game. As for the final game, the Purple Parrots could've swept the temple games if Kelly would've put more effort into throwing these balls. But of course, they lose at the tiebreaker. And you're right too, it had the same scenario as Lucky Pillow. Same Steps of Knowledge AND temple games pair, with the Blue Barracudas coming from behind in the third temple game. :mrblue: And I also agree that this episode is underrated. Nobody really talks about it at all, though it used to get talked about A LOT back in the old days of these forums. Like with Chandragupta, this episode should get talked about more. Chris and Tracy were a solid team in the temple. It's also one of the very few Season 1 episodes I even like. ;)

And glad you like my rankings. Now I've got all the Season 1 Blue Barracuda episodes ranked. :mrblue: Tracy and Greg were definitely the stars of their respective teams. I'm not sure what's next for me though. :lol: Maybe I'll rank the first day of Season 2, just like I've promised to.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 03, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »
I hate the first production day of Season 2. Good luck with that. All it was just a bunch of mediocre episodes that were also boring. Even the majestic Butch Cassidy. ;) Either that, or maybe you could do the first production day of Season 3? Much better than the first production day of Season 2. ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 03, 2014, 01:20:41 AM »
The first day of Season 3? Maybe I'll rank Sir Gawain next, since I have that episode pretty much memorized. ;) But the infamous Bifocal Monocle? No thank you. O_O Sir Gawain should be interesting to rank. :mrorange: And it is a MUCH better episode than all of S2L1 put together.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 03, 2014, 01:26:32 AM »
Didn't you watch Bifocal Monocle when Teen Nick aired it? ;) But yeah, don't touch that one anyways. It is really wasting your time to do that. :oops: Sir Gawain is an episode that you could probably rank really quick. Probably because you watched it countless times like me.  :lol:  :mrorange:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:27:18 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 03, 2014, 01:35:10 AM »
Fortunately for me, I didn't get Teenick when Bifocal Monocle was played on there. ;) I've only seen the full episode twice at most, and I intend on never watching it ever again. :oops: But yeah, Sir Gawain I can totally do from memory. I already have it ranked, it's just a matter of me cutting and pasting them here. Just like I do for all my other reviews. ;) :mrorange:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 09, 2014, 11:28:18 PM »
And here it is, my rankings of "The Much-Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain." :mrorange:

THE MUCH-HERALDED HELMET OF SIR GAWAIN

Tiffani
Moat: 7
Temple Run: 8
Overall: 6.8

Jahmel
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Temple Run: N/A
Overall: 7

Donna
Team Game: 5
Overall: 6.5

Josh
Steps of Knowledge: 8
Team Game: 5
Overall: 6.5

NOTES:

Ah, the episode I've seen many, many times. One of the very first episodes I ever saw, and it was played over and over again during the Nick Gas "20 episode cycle." Despite that, this was still a great episode from beginning to end. :mrorange: The moat was extremely close where 3/4 teams rang in literally at the exact same time. I personally love the moat that was used here, with the swinging steps. It was a very unique concept, and it put a lot of emphasis on teamwork. And none of the teams in this episode struggled very much here. Both the Orange Iguanas and the Purple Parrots were smart on the Steps of Knowledge, besides a wrong answer Tiffani gave. It was kind of funny how Jahmel almost fell over when he rang in to answer the final question. :lol: The temple games featured some close competition between both teams too. Donna was pretty fast in the "jumping on trampolines" game, I actually think I should've given her a higher score there. Tiffani did an alright job, but it seemed like she was taking her sweet time jumping on the trampolines all the way to the top. I also love how Kirk almost calls Donna "Jahmel." He says "Ja-Donna!" Catching himself at the last second. Oh Kirk. The second game was TERRIBLY voiced over, and this was so very obviously the first time the "swinging boulder" game was used. Just look at how sloppily coordinated the boulders were. :roll: Regardless, Jahmel barely edged out Josh 4-3, tying the half pendant scores going into the final game. The Purple Parrots were very sloppy in the third game. They kept on dropping all the cups, and just couldn't sync themselves well enough throughout the whole game. Jahmel and Tiffani had a good rhythm down, and won the final temple game with a whopping 8-3! Looking at these rankings, maybe I should've given them both a 7 or 8 instead of a 6. Regardless, the Orange Iguanas have yet again beat the Purple Parrots, and earned themselves a trip to the temple! The temple run was solid, and Tiffani did a great job in the temple. She may not have been the fastest, but it didn't matter. She knew what to do in every room. And bonus points to her being one of the very few players to get back on the platform. Furthermore, she also smartly used the Shrine/Forest passage, instead of going all the way around the horn. Good thing Tiffani made so many smart moves, since she never ran into any temple guards. The gigantic helmet was picked up with 53 seconds left on the clock, where she grunted trying to haul that thing out of the temple. :lol: After entering the pitch black ledges, she climbed up to the Crypt, and escaped with a solo win with 12 seconds left on the clock! You could definitely tell Tiffani was so exhausted after the temple run was over. She even took her own helmet off too. And why WAS the ledges so dark in the first place? :shock: Seriously, did someone forget to turn on the lights in that room? Overall, this was a great temple run and a well deserved win. I always have mixed feelings about this run. First I like it, then I don't think highly of it, then I like it again. I'm always going back and forth with my opinions on this run, but I happen to like it nonetheless. :mrorange: Though it has worn off on me, since I've seen this episode over a million times.

And there you go. My rankings on the most overplayed episode in Nick Gas history. :mrorange: I hope these rankings are accurate enough, even though I have this whole episode memorized. Thoughts? ;)