Author Topic: Contestants in multiple episodes  (Read 5222 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Contestants in multiple episodes
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »
This was touched upon in the Name that Picture thread when PPF posted a picture of the Blue Barracudas from John Henry's Lost Hammer who bore a striking resemblance to Damian and Jennifer from the Map to the Lost Gold Mine (of which I agree). It was suggested to move the discussion to its' own thread, so here it is.

To get the ball rolling, I'm pretty sure that the Blue Barracudas who got replaced by the Silver Snakes (after they had gotten wrongly sent back at the moat) at the steps in the Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata later came back as the Purple Parrots in the Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl. Here's a side-by-side comparison:

And a table to keep track of all of the "second-chancers":

PlayersOriginal EpisodeOriginal TeamOriginal OutcomeSecond EpisodeSecond TeamSecond Outcome
Chris & JanetThe Applewood Amulet of Emiliano ZapataBlue BarracudasReplaced by Silver Snakes at StepsThe Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian GirlPurple ParrotsLost Temple Games
Jim & KristenThe Imperial Purple Robe of Empress TheodoraSilver SnakesLost at StepsThe Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian GirlSilver SnakesRan out of time in Temple, but reached artifact
Hallie & JaredThe Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial WizardOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Useless Map of the Chibcha ChieftainOrange IguanasLost in temple due to triple capture
Christine & JeremyThe Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick DouglassGreen MonkeysLost at MoatThe Golden Spider Web of Robert the BruceGreen MonkeysLost in temple due to triple capture
JenniferThe Mysterious Manuscript of Mary ShelleyOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Melted Head of Madame TussaudOrange Iguanas (With different partner)Ran out of time in Temple
Name UnknownThe Mysterious Manuscript of Mary ShelleyOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Lost Taj Mahal Turban of AurangzebOrange Iguanas (With different partner)Lost at Steps
Josh & SarahGalileo's CannonballRed JaguarsLost at MoatWild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's HandOrange IguanasRan out of time in Temple
Names UnknownGalileo's CannonballPurple ParrotsLost at MoatWild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's HandPurple ParrotsLost at Moat (again)
Damian & JenniferJohn Henry's Lost HammerBlue BarracudasLost at MoatJohn Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold MineBlue BarracudasWon Grand Prize!
Names unknownJohn Henry's Lost HammerGreen MonkeysDisqualified at MoatJohn Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold MineGreen MonkeysLost at Moat
Names UnknownThe Golden Cricket Cage of KhanGreen MonkeysLost at MoatJohn Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold MineRed JaguarsLost at Steps
Names UnknownThe Golden Cricket Cage of KhanOrange IguanasLost at MoatJohn Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold MineOrange IguanasLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownElizabeth I's Golden ShipBlue BarracudasLost at MoatJohn Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold MinePurple ParrotsLost at Steps
Brook & PerryElizabeth I's Golden ShipGreen MonkeysLost at MoatJohn Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold MineSilver SnakesLost Temple Games
Names UnknownThe Star of Sultan SaladinPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Pendant of KamehamehaGreen MonkeysLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownThe Star of Sultan SaladinOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Pendant of KamehamehaOrange IguanasLost at Steps
Names UnknownThe Keys to the AlhambraPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Pendant of KamehamehaPurple ParrotsLost at Steps
Maria & MikeThe Keys to the AlhambraGreen MonkeysLost at MoatThe Pendant of KamehamehaRed JaguarsLost Temple Games
Robbie & TinaThe Helmet of Genghis KhanPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Pendant of KamehamehaSilver SnakesLost in Temple due to triple capture
Names UnknownThe Helmet of Genghis KhanOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Pendant of KamehamehaBlue BarracudasLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownThe Lost Log Books of MagellanRed JaguarsLost at MoatThe Lucky Pig of Amelia EarhartRed JaguarsLost at Steps
Annie & BradThe Lost Logbooks of MagellanPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Lucky Pig of Amelia EarhartPurple ParrotsLost Temple Games
Scott & KristenThe Mox-a-kins of GeronimoRed JaguarsLost at MoatThe Lucky Pig of Amelia EarhartBlue BarracudasRan out of time in Temple
Names UnknownThe Mox-a-kins of GeronimoOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Lucky Pig of Amelia EarhartOrange IguanasLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownHenry VIII's Great SealOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Lucky Pig of Amelia EarhartGreen MonkeysLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownHenry VIII's Great SealPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Lucky Pig of Amelia EarhartSilver SnakesLost at Steps
Roberto & KatiePonce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of YouthOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Paintbrush of Leonardo da VinciOrange IguanasRan out of time in Temple
Names UnknownPonce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of YouthSilver SnakesLost at MoatThe Paintbrush of Leonardo Da VinciSilver SnakesLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownBlackbeard's Treasure MapPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Paintbrush of Leonardo Da VinciPurple ParrotsLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownBlackbeard's Treasure MapGreen MonkeysLost at MoatThe Paintbrush of Leonardo Da VinciGreen MonkeysLost at Steps
Ansie & ChrisThe Treasure Map of Jean LafitteSilver SnakesLost at MoatThe Paintbrush of Leonardo Da VinciBlue BarracudasLost Temple Games
Names UnknownThe Oracle Bowl of DelphiRed JaguarsLost at MoatThe Paintbrush of Leonardo Da VinciRed JaguarsLost at Steps
Names UnknownThe Stolen Arm of ShivaPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Helmet of Joan of ArcSilver SnakesLost at Moat (again)
Eddie & MandyThe Stolen Arm of ShivaGreen MonkeysLost at MoatThe Helmet of Joan of ArcRed JaguarsRan out of time in Temple
Brian & AmandaThe Golden Chains of ZenobiaBlue BarracudasLost at MoatThe Helmet of Joan of ArcBlue BarracudasLost Temple Games
Names UnknownThe Golden Chains of ZenobiaGreen MonkeysLost at MoatThe Helmet of Joan of ArcGreen MonkeysLost at Steps
Names UnknownThe Belly Button of BuddhaOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Helmet of Joan of ArcOrange IguanasLost at Steps
Names UnknownThe Belly Button of BuddhaPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Helmet of Joan of ArcPurple ParrotsLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownThe Mask of Shaka ZuluPurple ParrotsLost at MoatAlexander and the Gordian KnotRed JaguarsLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownThe Mask of Shaka ZuluBlue BarracudasLost at MoatAlexander and the Gordian KnotBlue BarracudasLost at Steps
Tim & RetinaThe Medal of Sir Edmund HillaryOrange IguanasLost at MoatAlexander and the Gordian KnotOrange IguanasRan out of time in Temple
Names UnknownThe Medal of Sir Edmund HillaryPurple ParrotsLost at MoatAlexander and the Gordian KnotPurple ParrotsLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownThe Golden Jaguar of AtahualpaGreen MonkeysLost at MoatAlexander and the Gordian KnotGreen MonkeysLost at Steps
Bo & MollyThe Golden Jaguar of AtahualpaSilver SnakesLost at MoatAlexander and the Gordian KnotSilver SnakesLost Temple Games
Names UnknownThe Dragon Lady and the Blue PearlGreen MonkeysLost at Moat:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Red JaguarsLost at Steps
Dustin & NicoleThe Dragon Lady and the Blue PearlPurple ParrotsLost at Moat:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Purple ParrotsLost Temple Games
Names UnknownKing Tut's Cobra StaffGreen MonkeysLost at Moat :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Green MonkeysLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownKing Tut's Cobra StaffOrange IguanasLost at Moat :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Orange IguanasLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownThe Codebook of Mata HariGreen MonkeysLost at Moat :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Blue BarracudasLost at Steps
Jeremy & EricaThe Codebook of Mata HariOrange IguanasLost at Moat:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Silver SnakesWon Grand Prize!
Katherine & RonThe Collar of Davy CrockettPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Treasure of Anne BonnyRed JaguarsRan out of time in Temple, but reached artifact
Names UnknownThe Collar of Davy CrockettOrange IguanasLost at MoatThe Treasure of Anne BonnyOrange IguanasLost at Moat (again)
Names UnknownLawrence of Arabia's HeaddressBlue BarracudasLost at MoatThe Treasure of Anne BonnyBlue BarracudasLost at Steps
Names UnknownLawrence of Arabia's HeaddressPurple ParrotsLost at MoatThe Treasure of Anne BonnyPurple ParrotsLost at Steps
Joanna & NateThe Snake Bracelet of CleopatraRed JaguarsLost at MoatThe Treasure of Anne BonnyGreen MonkeysLost Temple Games
Names UnknownThe Snake Bracelet of CleopatraBlue BarracudasLost at MoatThe Treasure of Anne BonnySilver SnakesLost at Moat (again)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:57:09 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Contestants in multiple episodes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:22:03 PM »
Yeah, that one is pretty obvious. And it doesn't surprise me that Janet and Chris from Emiliano Zapata/Priceless Portrait got a second chance considering they got disqualified at the moat. As far as other losers at the moat that went to the temple later....

Tim and Retina from the Gordian Knot:

The first picture (which took me forever to find in the Pictures thread :lol: ) is from The Medal of Sir Edmund Hilary. They lost at the moat in that episode. The second picture is them on the SOK in "Gordian Knot." They later made it to the temple in that episode.

Damian and Jennifer from John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine:

I know I really have no proof, but they look so similar for it NOT to be them.

Jennifer from the Melted Head of Madame Tassaud:

The first picture it's kind of hard to see, since her face is blurry. But if you've watched the episode, you'll know that it's clearly her. The second picture is obviously her from the temple run. I don't think I need to explain anymore there. ;)

I think that just about covers it really. Unless you guys can spot anymore contestants that somehow got a second chance.

EDIT: Pictures have been resized.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:41:37 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
Great idea for a thread! I definitely need to pay attention to the moats more now since I never noticed this before.  :mrgreen:

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
Yeah, that one is pretty obvious. And it doesn't surprise me that Janet and Chris from Emiliano Zapata/Priceless Portrait got a second chance considering they got disqualified at the moat.

Same here. It kinda makes me wonder if the Green Monkeys from John Henry's Lost Hammer ever got a second chance, for they got disqualified at the moat too.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
Yeah, that one is pretty obvious. And it doesn't surprise me that Janet and Chris from Emiliano Zapata/Priceless Portrait got a second chance considering they got disqualified at the moat.

Same here. It kinda makes me wonder if the Green Monkeys from John Henry's Lost Hammer ever got a second chance, for they got disqualified at the moat too.
I don't know, I was looking through the screencaps, and they have no resemblance to any other Season 1 contestants. It could have been possible that they turned down the second chance, but we'll never know.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
I sweat the Red Jaguars team in "The Moccasins of Geronimo" look like Kristen and Scott from "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart."

Let me see if I can get a good picture.

EDIT: Nevermind, after a closer look they don't look like neither.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:33:53 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »
I think I found another one.

On the left is Jeremy and Erica from Robin Hood and Marian's Silk Ladder.  On the right is the Silver Snakes from The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa.

Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
That sure looks like them, even though the picture isn't the best quality. And it would make sense since the Silver Snakes lost at the moat in Atahualpa. The producers probably asked Jeremy and Erica if they wanted a second chance for the following filming day. What with Atahualpa being S1L7 and Silk Ladder being S1L8.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 03:16:51 PM »
Good find, THK. I really need to go back and watch some of these old season one moats since we are finding a lot of contestants from former moats in later episodes. That definitely looks like Jeremy and Erika also.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
Maybe for season 1, not enough kids signed up for Legends, so the production crew probably asked teams from previous episodes if they wanted to try again.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
Maybe for season 1, not enough kids signed up for Legends, so the production crew probably asked teams from previous episodes if they wanted to try again.

That was my assumption also. Due to the lack of awareness of Legends at the time, they probably re-used some of the teams in the temple.

When looking through the moats in each episode, we should keep a look out for teams that didn't make it past the temple games or even the Steps. Judging frm TSM post, the kids that did not make it past the moat in Emiliano Zapata came back for the Steps at least in the Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl.

Offline rjaguar3

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »
According to Scarberry, 60 children were selected from 500 auditioners for the first season.
Annie-Gay and Scott were among 60 children selected from 500 who auditioned in July to appear on Nickelodeon's new game show, Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Because the first 40 episodes have 240 contestant slots, I don't think that the count of 60 contestants is complete; rather, contestants must have come from other sources.  Unfortunately, we don't know much of anything about the pre-1st season timeline of Legends (HMM Productions, the shell company was incorporated in California in June 1993, and first season episodes taped August 1993), so it may be hard to pin down other auditions that could have supplied more contestants.  Nevertheless, the hypothesis that losing moat contestants were given a second chance due to a lack of suitable contestants may have some merit.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 02:52:16 AM »
What does everyone think about this comparison? While watching "The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora" moat, I noticed that the Silver Snakes looked a lot similar to Jim and Kristen from "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl". The Silver Snake girl in "Empress Theodora" even shares Kristen's height.

Sorry about the poor quality for both pictures. You might have to watch "Empress Theodora" yourself to get a better shot maybe.

The Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora

The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:38:17 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
Sure looks like them to me. Good catch!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »
I find it very odd that Kristen and Jim were let back on the show in "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl", especially wen they made it to the Steps in "Empress Theodora". Its kind of ironic though that both the "Emiliano Zapata" Purple Parrots and Kristen + Jim were eliminated in other episodes, yet let back in "Polynesian Girl" and even made it to the temple games. I wonder if there were other teams in that episode that appeared in prior moats?  :o