Author Topic: Contestants in multiple episodes  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Contestants in multiple episodes
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »
Good find there on both teams. The Orange Iguanas that lost at the moat in "Ponce de Leon" look exactly like the "Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci" kids. And it would make sense that the Orange Iguanas lost at the moat in "Ponce de Leon," which was filmed first of its filming day. And they got a second chance in the "Paintbrush" episode, which was last of its day.

And good eye on the Purple Parrots from "Blackbeard" and "Paintbrush." Both teams look exactly alike, kind of sad that they lost at both moat crossings. Kind of like the Purple Parrots from "Galileo's Cannonball" and "Dead Man's Hand." Such is the Purple Parrots' luck in Season 1. :roll:

Also, I have both "Blackbeard" and "Paintbrush" screencapped, so I can upload better pictures and edit them into your post if you want. They're really good quality too, I just need to pull them up. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
Yes, please! If you could find better quality pictures for those episodes, I would really appreciate it. The only ones I can get right now are the crappy ones off Youtube. That would be awesome.  :mrorange:

Feel free to edit my post too if you want to include them. ;)

And yes, the Purple Parrots in season one had a lot of bad luck. But they still made it to the temple games a lot early on in the season at least like "Cricket Cage", "Belshazzar", and "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship" featured the Purple Parrots early on in the season. I am not sure what happened though in the later episodes, I guess they just had bad luck.

And if that Purple Parrot team from "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" is the same one in "Leonardo Da Vinci", that should mean that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" was indeed produced in the entire S1L5 layout. So that most likely meant that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" was probably delayed from S1L1 and they just decide to throw it into S1L5. There is no way that episode was suppose to be a Pilot episode when it shares the exact same moat as "Leonardo Da Vinci" and the other S1L5 episodes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:34:31 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
And I am surprised we never talked about this subject a long time ago. I remember a couple of instances in the "Daily Episode Log" where certain users like TPP pointed out how he thought he saw Jennifer in the "Mary Shelley" moat. I guess that was because we didn't have access to full episodes back then.

And PPF, where do you go to get these higher quality pictures? My pictures almost always come up grainy and blurred.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »
Yes, please! If you could find better quality pictures for those episodes, I would really appreciate it. The only ones I can get right now are the crappy ones off Youtube. That would be awesome.  :mrorange:
Above posts have been edited. Though some of the pictures I uploaded still didn't come out great. Long story, don't ask.... :lol:

And yes, the Purple Parrots in season one had a lot of bad luck. But they still made it to the temple games a lot early on in the season at least like "Cricket Cage", "Belshazzar", and "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship" featured the Purple Parrots early on in the season. I am not sure what happened though in the later episodes, I guess they just had bad luck.
And it didn't help that the Purple Parrots only had 9 temple appearances, 2 of them had the Parrots actually advancing to the temple. But, that's another story. ;)

And if that Purple Parrot team from "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" is the same one in "Leonardo Da Vinci", that should mean that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" was indeed produced in the entire S1L5 layout. So that most likely meant that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" was probably delayed from S1L1 and they just decide to throw it into S1L5. There is no way that episode was suppose to be a Pilot episode when it shares the exact same moat as "Leonardo Da Vinci" and the other S1L5 episodes.
I was JUST about to bring that up. And I agree wholeheartedly with that. This is further proof that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" was NOT the pilot episode, or the first episode ever recorded. It was obviously intended for S1L1, but because of production issues, it was moved to S1L5. While it's not uncommon for losers at the moat to get a second chance several filming days after their original episode, the point still stands. "Blackbeard" ended up coming before Ponce de Leon, (the intended first of the day), and Paintbrush was the obvious last of the day.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:47:17 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
And I am surprised we never talked about this subject a long time ago. I remember a couple of instances in the "Daily Episode Log" where certain users like TPP pointed out how he thought he saw Jennifer in the "Mary Shelley" moat. I guess that was because we didn't have access to full episodes back then.
Yeah, I'm surprised too. It would have made for some very interesting discussion back in the day. And I'm pretty sure TMH pointed out Jennifer from "Melted Head" being in the "Mysterious Manuscript" moat.

And PPF, where do you go to get these higher quality pictures? My pictures almost always come up grainy and blurred.
I screencap a lot of episodes, I've been doing it for a while now actually. I keepvid the episodes and I take screencaps via VLC media player. Kind of a long story, but there you go.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
I was JUST about to bring that up. And I agree wholeheartedly with that. This is further proof that "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" was NOT the pilot episode, or the first episode ever recorded. It was obviously intended for S1L1, but because of production issues, it was moved to S1L5. While it's not uncommon for losers at the moat to get a second chance several filming days after their original episode, the point still stands. "Blackbeard" ended up coming before Ponce de Leon, (the intended first of the day), and Paintbrush was the obvious last of the day.

It makes perfect sense also to add "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" into the mix due to only have four other episodes taped in that layout. So that must've meant that "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar" was the episode that took 18 hours to tape. And since it took that episode so long to produce, they most likely just postponed the temple run for a later date. And it would also make sense for them to tape "Belshazzar" run in S1L5 if they were going to go ahead and tape "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" in the same layout.

And here is one pattern I noticed with teams appearing in multiple episodes in season one -- they usually appeared in the first episode in the production day moat and if they were giving another chance, they would appear in the last episode of the production day. Examples:

Jennifer and Damian: "John Henry's Lost Hammer" (first)/ "Map to the Lost Gold Mine" (last)
Tim and Retina: "The Medal of Sir Edmund Hillary" (first)/"The Gordian Knot" (last)
S1L9 Blue Barracudas and Purple Parrots: "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress" (first)/"The Treasure of Anne Bonny" (last)
S1L5 Purple Parrots: "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" (first)/"Leonardo da Vinci" (last)

So here is a little pattern to watch out for when looking for new contestants. Trying looking at episodes first of the production day and last of the production day to find any potential repeats. ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:45:04 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
And with that thought in mind, I think I have found another pair of teams appearing in multiple episodes. This time, it was the Green Monkeys from "King Tut's Cobra Staff" appearing again in " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:"

Once again, I couldn't get a really good shot of the team in " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:", but I got an image of the Green Monkey boy though in the moat of that episode and he wears glasses like the Green Monkey boy in "King Tut's Cobra Staff". In both episodes, the Green Monkeys failed to cross the moat.

King Tut's Cobra Staff

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder]

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:23:23 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 05:03:23 PM »
And while we're at, the Orange Iguanas that failed in the moat in "King Tut's Cobra Staff" also appeared again in "Silk Ladder" and they failed again at the moat too.  :roll: :lol:

King Tut's Cobra Staff

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder]

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:24:47 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
Good find on both. Those respective teams look exactly alike. Anyone else find it sad that some of those teams lose TWO moat crossings in one day? I guess those teams just weren't fast or coordinated enough. While we're on the subject of Silk Ladder, I think the Purple Parrots who lost the temple games there, were the same Parrots who lost at the Steps of Knowledge in "The Moccasins of Geronimo."

And here is the proof:

The former picture is from "The Moccasins of Geronimo." They lost at the Steps of Knowledge in that episode. The latter picture is from ":roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:." They made it to the temple games in that episode, but lost. (Shame, could have been an easy Purple Parrots win). :( I'm not sure about the girl though, since the Purple Parrot girl in "Geronimo" had longer hair. The Purple Parrot boy on the other hand, look exactly alike in both pictures. I could be wrong on this one though. Thoughts?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 05:42:51 PM »
This one is a tricky one to determine. The Purple Parrot boy in both pictures look exactly alike, but the Purple Parrot girl looks a little different. One thing that is unusual though is that "Geronimo" is much earlier in season one than " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:". Most of the contestants that we found in season one reappeared in an episode that was filmed later on in the production day. I need to keep my eye out for that.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »
And another weird circumstance is that the Purple Parrots appeared in the Steps in "Moccasins", yet they were given a second chance at a moat despite progressing pass it. But looking at the girl closer now, she does look the same too - only with a different hair style.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
Well, remember when Jim and Kristen from "Priceless Portrait" was allowed another try after not making it to the temple games in the "Imperial Robe" episode? That's probably what happened there. Plus, we all know "Priceless Portrait" and "Imperial Robe" were far from each other in production order. Just like "Geronimo" and "Silk Ladder" was quite a ways from each other too. So, it's not that uncommon for a "previous episode" reject to appear in another episode much later than their first episode.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 12:59:52 AM »
Very true, I wasn't even thinking of the Kristen/Jim situation, who also made it past the moat in one episode and were still given another chance in "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl". The Purple Parrot boy does look so similar in both pictures. And as I mentioned, the girl looks similar too and perhaps just changed her hairstyle.

After looking at a few more season one layouts, I am going to go back to season 2 and look at some of the moats again. There has to be more season 2 contestants than just Janet/Kristen and Chris/Jim.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
I think I found yet another team that appeared in two episodes. This time around, it is Amanda and Brian from the Blue Barracudas in "The Helmet of Joan of Arc". They first appeared as the Blue Barracuda team in "The Golden Chains of Zenobia", but failed at the moat in that episode. They then would make it to the temple games in "Joan of Arc", but would lose to the Red Jaguars.

Sorry about the bad image for "The Golden Chains of Zenobia", but you can watch the moat if you need to get a better image of them.

The Golden Chains of Zenobia

The Helmet of Joan of Arc

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:27:04 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
And here is one more team that I think was in multiple episodes. This time around, it was the "I'm a cowboy!" Orange Iguanas from "The Star of Sultan Saladin". The team would later appear in "The Pendant of Kamehameha" but would not make it past the Steps.

The first picture of the team in "Sultan Saladin" is pretty blurry, but the Orange Iguana girl in both episodes has the same hairstyle. I don't know about the boy though, but I am assuming he is the same one also.

The Star of Sultan Saladin

The Pendant of Kamehameha

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:28:35 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »