Author Topic: Contestants in multiple episodes  (Read 5250 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Contestants in multiple episodes
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »
What a coincidence that I was just reading this thread last night. Right before I went to bed. :shock:

And yeah, good catch on Kim and Kristen. They do look exactly alike. I'm surprised the producers would let losers on the steps compete again. You would think they wouldn't let them and would figure they made it far enough. And yeah, how odd that Chris/Janet and Jim/Kristen were both rejects from previous episodes, competing against each other. And in the Season 2 finale no less.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
What a coincidence that I was just reading this thread last night. Right before I went to bed. :shock:

And yeah, good catch on Kim and Kristen. They do look exactly alike. I'm surprised the producers would let losers on the steps compete again. You would think they wouldn't let them and would figure they made it far enough. And yeah, how odd that Chris/Janet and Jim/Kristen were both rejects from previous episodes, competing against each other. And in the Season 2 finale no less.

KIM?! Did you just call Jim one of the worst players names on the show?! j/k  :o  :mrred:

I do wonder why they let Kristen and Jim back though. Maybe they needed some contestants in the final episode? Perhaps that explains Kristen and Jim's dominance in the earlier rounds of "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl". But I am glad they let them back along with the Purple Parrots - both teams made a great episode.

We could probably find even more contestants in the moats of other episodes. I am interested more though on how Jennifer in "The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelly" had a different partner than in "Madame Tussaud".

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Hah, sorry. Typo on my part. :lol:

And yeah, Chris/Janet and Jim/Kristen deserved their second chances in the Priceless Portrait episode. They both did great. And I have no idea why Jennifer from Tussaud was paired up with someone different. Since her first partner was African American and all. Maybe the first guy was put on another episode, but lost the temple games? I'm not quite sure. Nicholas was probably just a random pairing, like most pairings are. Also, notice how all these contestants who come back end up dominating everything in their second episode? The John Sutter Kids and the Silk Ladder kids are perfect examples of this.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
*Bump*

So I was reading through some old topics here, and I came across this topic. And apparently this girl who did a Tv.com review for the "Dead Man's Hand" episode was Sarah Bekemeyer herself. She lost at the moat in "Galileo's Cannonball" (or episode 1 as she puts it), and her and Josh were given a second chance in "Dead Man's Hand." They were the Red Jaguars in the former episode, and of course the Orange Iguanas in the latter episode. Below are the pics to prove it:

The former picture is them from "Galileo's Cannonball." Since the Red Jaguars didn't make it past the moat in that episode, it would make sense for Josh and Sarah to get a second chance in "Dead Man's Hand." Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:08:28 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »
Good eye, both of the players look alike in both moat crossings. The boy even shares the same height in both pictures. Since both "Galileo's Cannonball" and "Wild Bill Hickok and the Dead Man's Hand" were some of the earliest episodes on the show, I am not surprised Josh and Sarah were asked to come back. It makes me want to go back and rewatch some of these season one episodes again closely to see if more teams were given a second chance in the moat. But good catch overall, I think we can add this one to the list!

I have tried to watch the season three episodes, but those moat crossings are hard to view the contestants due to the quality of the videos. But I will still keep an eye out!  :mrred:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
Speaking of moat crossing losers in "Galileo's Cannonball," I'm pretty sure the Purple Parrots from the aforementioned episode were also in "Dead Man's Hand" as well.

Proof:

The former episode (excuse the poor quality) is from "Galileo's Cannonball." The latter is from "Dead Man's Hand." The Purple Parrots in the above picture were also probably asked for a second chance. Plus, both teams in both pictures look exactly alike. However, that particular team lost at both moat crossings. I know these are losers at the moat, and this really isn't THAT noteworthy. But, while we're on the subject of early episode "extras," I figured it would still be worth mentioning.

Also, I think I found Jennifer's original partner from the "Mysterious Manuscript" episode.

Pics:

The former picture is from the previous page, and in the "Mysterious Manuscript" episode. The latter picture is from the Steps of Knowledge in "The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb." The Orange Iguanas there however, did not make it to the temple games. I know I don't have any real proof, but the African American kid in those above pictures do look alike. Again, since we're talking about Jennifer from the "Tussaud" episode, I figured I'd bring her first partner up here. Especially since "Taj Mahal Turban" and "Melted Head" were filmed back to back. Of course, feel free to disagree with me.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »
I agree that the Purple Parrots from "Galileo's Cannonball" was the exact same team also in "The Dead Man's Hand". Since it was the first production day, they probably gave other teams a second chance since perhaps they needed more contestants for the first production day. And this picture goes to show you that other teams were maybe given a second chance at the show, even if they didn't make it to the temple. So it would be nice to not look for just teams from the temple run.

As for the Orange Iguana boy in "The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb", I see the resemblance there also with Jennifer's partner from "Mary Shelley". I wonder why Jennifer and him were put on different teams? Either way, they both are the same shirt color despite being in different episodes, which could be used as further proof that they are one of the same.

Overall, good find. Maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to go back and look at some of the older season one episodes since it seems like a lot of them were given a second chance at a second episode. Also, I am trying to find if any of the teams in "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl" appeared in past episodes too since we know that Janet/Chris and Kristen/Scott appeared in earlier season two episodes.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »
Kristen and Jim you mean? ;)

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other players from the Priceless Portrait episode were rejects from another episode. I'm more concerned about finding more Season 1 players appearing in multiple episodes. I'm not sure if there were anymore Season 3 contestants who got to appear in another episode. I'll have to look out for that.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:40 AM »
I know earlier in this thread someone mentioned that Jeremy and Erika were the Silver Snakes in the moat for "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa". But watching that moat again, the Silver Snake boy doesn't really look like Jeremy that much. He is a little skinnier and taller than Jeremy was. Not sure about the girl, I can see some resemblance to Erika. But I don't know if this was the same team in " :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:".

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 02:37:47 AM »
I don't know, it still looks like them to me. Erika with her short stature and Jeremy with a similar face as the guy pictured. Plus, "Atahualpa" was S1L7, but "Silk Ladder" was S1L8, episodes that weren't very far apart from each other. So it's plausible the producers asked them both to come back for the following day.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 01:10:13 AM »
On closer look, they do look like Jeremy and Erika in the picture provided on page one of the topic. Season one had bad moat views though so its hard to tell sometimes the temple teams.

Has anyone checked out moats for episodes like "The Golden Cup of Belshazzar" or "The Secret Map of Nathan Hale" since those were taped in much earlier layouts?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 10:30:05 PM »
I think I found another pair of "previous episode rejects." The Purple Parrots and the Blue Barracudas who lost at the moat in "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress," were the same teams who lost at the Steps of Knowledge in "The Treasure of Anne Bonny."

Below is photographic proof of that:

That's a picture of them at the moat, in which neither team made it across.

Here they are in "Anne Bonny":

Sorry I couldn't get a more close up picture of the Blue Barracudas. That was the best zoom in I could get. But yeah, those two teams lost at the Steps of Knowledge in this particular episode. Basically, neither one of these teams made it to the temple. I know this doesn't mean anything, since these teams didn't make it very far. But those kids do look alike in the above pictures. Plus, this was Season 1, where the producers were obviously short on contestants. It's safe to say they were allowed another try because of that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:30:56 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »
Yeah, both of those teams look familiar. And it makes sense for them to be in "The Treasure of Anne Bonny" because that was the last episode of S1L9 while "Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress" was the first episode of that layout. I guess the producers gave both teams a second go at getting to later rounds of the show. Too bad they failed to even reach the temple games in both episodes.

This situation is similar to "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl" where a couple of teams from earlier episodes were allowed back for the final episode of the season. However, in "Priceless Portrait", Kristen/Jim and Janet/Chris actually went onto the temple games, while neither of those teams made it passed the steps in "Anne Bonny".

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »
What does everyone think of this comparison? While watching some of the season one moats, I noticed that the Orange Iguanas in "Lost Fountain of Youth" look similar to Katie and Roberto in "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci". The Orange Iguanas did not make it past the moat in "Lost Fountain of Youth" at all.

I wish I could get a clearer picture for "Lost Fountain of Youth", but you might have to watch the moat yourself to get a better idea. But the Orange Iguana boy shares the same skin color as Roberto and the girl shares the same facial expressions as Katie.

Ponce De Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth

The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci

EDIT by PPF: To upload higher quality of the above pictures.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:20:02 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 02:21:50 PM »
And here's one more while we are at it. The Purple Parrots that appeared in "Blackbeard's Treasure Map" look exactly like the Purple Parrots that appeared in "Leonardo Da Vinci". The girl shares the same bangs and hairstyle in both pictures and the boy looks like similar also. Do note that that the Purple Parrots didn't get past the moat in either episode.

And once again, sorry for the crappy resolution. I really wish I could access a better version of these episodes.

Blackbeard's Treasure Map

The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci

EDIT by PPF: To upload a higher quality version of above pictures.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:20:58 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »