Author Topic: Contestants in multiple episodes  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Contestants in multiple episodes
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2012, 08:14:42 PM »
Good find, and both contestants on both teams look alike too. Unlike the Orange Iguanas from Sultan Saladin/Kamehameha, the Blue Barracudas from Zenobia/Joan of Arc made it pretty far. Man, this "multiple contestants in Season 1" thing happened more often than we thought. I guess production and auditions were so thrown together that they really lacked that many contestants.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 12:52:01 AM »
Yeah, I am surprised we never even caught that aleast once back when this forum was really popular. I mean people like Tim and Retina or Damian and Jennifer should've jumped out at us. But then again, I never really paid attention to the moat until recently.

I highly doubt that we will find teams that appeared in multiple episodes in season two and three. More likely though, we could find another team or two in season two. But the two season two teams that we have found so far included one that was disqualified by mistake ("Emiliano Zapata" Blue Barracudas). There was also Jim/Kristen, who was let back onto the show for an unknown reason. Man, it would be awesome to interview either one of them two to see why they were let back in "Polynesian Girl".

And season three, I doubt we will find repeat teams. Judging from interviews like Asher and Katie from "Clovis the First", it looks like season three had tons of players trying out for the show. So there is never really a reason probably to give a team a second chance in season three when so many wanted to be on the show. But then again, we know that Jennifer from "Madame Tussaud" at least appeared in two episodes.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 01:07:49 AM »
You mean Imperial Wizard? ;)

And yeah, by Seasons 2 and 3 there were plenty of people who tried out for the show. With the exceptions you just mentioned, there weren't as many "rejects" in the latter 2 seasons as there was in Season 1.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »
I meant Katie from "The Mystical Spellbook of the Imperial Wizard". There was too many Katies during that season.  :P

And yeah, I am not really going to count on finding repeat teams in season three in particular. I tried watching some season three episodes, but the views of the contestants are pretty hard to make out during the moat since the camera pans by them too fast.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »
I think I found another "reject" team. The Silver Snakes who lost at the moat in "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor," look just like the Silver Snakes from "The Bonnet of Dolley Madison." The Silver Snakes also failed at that moat.

Proof:

The former picture is from "The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor." The latter two pictures are from "The Bonnet of Dolley Madison." Excuse the poor quality in the second and third picture. There's a better photo of the team in the third photo. But notice how both girls in both pictures have long hair? Plus, both female players in both episodes did quite poorly in their respective moats. This one in particular I'm probably wrong on. Since the players in the latter episode look considerably older. What do you guys think?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2012, 12:30:48 AM »
I need to go back and watch both moats, I do see a little resemblance with the girl at least. But the girl in "Dolley Madison" seems to have a little thinner hair than the girl in "Annie Taylor". But like I said, I need to go back and watch both moats to be sure.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2012, 12:59:11 AM »
If it's anything, both guys look similar. They share the same height, the facial expressions, etc. I'm not quite sure about the girls, but the guys look quite alike.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »
After watching several season one videos, this is what I got so far:

John Henry's Lost Hammer

John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine

This one I was unsure with the most. In the first image, this was the Green Monkeys team that got disqualified at the moat in "John Henry's Lost Hammer" for not sitting properly on the paddle board. The second image is from "Map to the Lost Gold Mine" and the Green Monkeys team looks so similar, especially the Green Monkey girl. But this one I am unsure of though.

The Keys to the Alhambra

The Pendant of Kamehameha

The first image is from "The Keys to the Alhambra" where the Purple Parrots didn't make it past the moat. The second image is from "The Pendant of Kamehameha" where the Purple Parrots made it to the Steps but lost. I couldn't get a good image for the Purple Parrots in the second episode, but the boys look so similar that it has to be them.

The Lost Logbooks of Magellan

The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart

The first image is from "The Lost Logbooks of Magellan" where the Red Jaguars did not make it past the moat in that episode. The second image is from "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart" where the Red Jaguars made it to the Steps but only got one answer right. Sorry for the poor quality of those two images, but the Red Jaguar girl looks so similar in both pictures.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
Actually, the quality in all your pictures are pretty good. ;) And good find on all of them, all the contestants you pointed out look alike. Also, the Green Monkeys from John Sutter/Lost Hammer are yet another example of losing two moat crossings in one day. I guess they did get another chance after all, after getting disqualified at the moat. Yet they still don't manage to make it across when they do get a second chance.

It's no surprise the Purple Parrots from Alhambra/Kamehameha got another chance. Especially seeing that the Orange Iguanas from Sultan Saladin/Kamehameha had the same fate. Losing at the moat at the beginning of their taping day, only to lose at the steps later on in another episode later on. As far as losing contestants go, I think we've covered them all. :lol: Unless you can find anymore.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
I'm not surprised that the Green Monkeys from John Henry got another chance, considering the other team that got replaced at the steps, the Blue Barracudas from Applewood Amulet got another chance.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2012, 01:15:58 AM »
It seems like a user on Youtube uploaded all the Legends episode into one video AND they have good quality, so that has helped me find comparisons for the latest ones I used. And while I am at it, I want to bring up one more comparison:

The Moccasins of Geronimo

The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart

I actually brought this comparison up on the first page of the topic, but I was unsure at the time because I didn't have access to higher resolution screenshots. Anyways, in the first shot, the Red Jaguars from "The Moccasins of Geronimo" look exactly like Kristen and Scott from "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart". The Red Jaguar girl has the same chunky body as Kristen and the same facial expressions also. The boy does look similar to Scott. The second picture shows Kristen and Scott in different rounds of "Amelia Earhart".

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »
Yeah, I was gonna suggest you start taking screencaps from "ChargerTheWolf" on YouTube. Since his Legends videos have MUCH better quality than "coolflash245mail." The former guy I mentioned had the full length episode all in one part, and that's my go to place to watch Legends videos. ;)

Anyways, back to the topic.... yeah that definitely looks like Kristen and Scott. It should also be noted that when Kristen and Scott DID advance from the moat in "Lucky Pig," they were 4th to finish. Meaning, they almost lost again. Man, Kristen was slower than we thought, huh?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
Yeah, I have been using Wolf's videos for the past week or so. They have AMAZING quality and they are also in one video too instead of three separate parts. No offense to coolflash's at all, I mean he was the one after all who uploaded the original videos. But I like Wolf's quality more better and will use them to look at season three.

And yes, Kristen was indeed deadweight for the Blue Barracudas. That team barely scraped by each round, and that was because Kristen put zero effort in the entire episode. Even in her temple game she looked beyond pathetic and didn't even look like she was trying. How this girl made it to the temple is beyond me. Mostly because Scott carried this team through the show. And don't get me started on the temple run, she is so damn stupid and slow. Scott should've went in first. Even if the layout was hard and he might've been taken out one room away, at least we wouldn't have to sit through three minutes of slowness and walking around the rooms cluelessly.  :roll:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:00:01 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2012, 02:11:53 AM »
Also, it was revealed here sometime ago that Scott was classmates with Annie, the female Purple Parrot in that episode. I wish I could find the link to the article, but when I checked last time it was defunct. How much do you wanna bet Scott and Annie should have been Purple Parrots? And would have made a MUCH better team, and would have done a much better job in the temple.

But yeah, Kristen almost lost at yet another moat crossing due to her sluggishness. She would have joined the ranks of all those other kids who lost at two moat crossings in a row. They definitely got lucky in the latter episode, that's for sure.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2012, 02:28:54 AM »
Believe me, I would've loved to see any contestant in place of Kristen except a few notably sucky ones. In Annie's case, I would take her in a heartbeat over Kristen. It would've been better off if the Blue Barracudas didn't even make it past the moat. I hope Scott and Annie teamed up after Legends and took the Lucky Pig and beat Kristen with it. That was really an embarrassing performance and I could never stick up for her no matter how hard that layout was. She wasn't even trying at all! I bet both Scott and Annie felt ashamed after that episode.  :roll: