Author Topic: Contestants in multiple episodes  (Read 5260 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Contestants in multiple episodes
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2013, 01:02:36 AM »
Well, I figured the Green Monkeys from Atahualpa were the same as Gordian Knot since the Silver Snakes also got a second chance in Gordian Knot. The teams getting a second chance in Gordian Knot were Orange/Purple from Sir Edmund Hilary, Blue/Purple (latter getting re assigned) in Shaka Zulu, and then Green/Silver from Atahualpa. I doubt either team from Hannibal got another chance. Especially considering the poor performance of both losing teams in Hannibal's moat.

As for Snake Bracelet, it would only make sense that Red/Blue would get a second chance in Anne Bonny's moat. Since Snake Bracelet came right before Anne Bonny, the moat rejects from the former episode would fill in the last two slots. And yeah, we haven't covered much of S1L3's production day, or S1L4 and S1L8's production day for that matter.

EDIT: By the way, I just did a major update to the chart in the OP. Just to include every contestant we've covered so far. :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:00:10 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2013, 08:22:50 PM »
Here are some comparisons/repeat teams I found on S1L4's filming day.

I'm pretty sure this is Annie and Brad from "The Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart." The first picture is the Parrots in "The Lost Logbooks of Magellan," where they didn't make it across the moat. The second picture is from Lucky Pig's moat, where they made it to the temple games, but lost to Kristen and Scott of the Blue Barracudas. The girls in the first picture looks just like Annie, with the short stature and chubbiness in the face. The boy in the first picture looks like Brad too. Plus, the Red Jaguars who lost at Magellan's moat also got another shot in Lucky Pig, but lost at the Steps of Knowledge. So it would only make sense for Annie and Brad of the Purple Parrots to get another chance as well.

The first picture is the Orange Iguanas from "The Moccasins of Geronimo," that failed at the moat. The second picture is the Orange Iguanas from Lucky Pig where they also failed at the moat. Both girls in the two pictures look alike, as do the guys. Also, Kristen and Scott from Lucky Pig were originally from Geronimo's moat as Red Jaguars, and these Orange Iguanas probably got another chance in Lucky Pig as well. Only to have the Orange Iguanas pictured above lose at both moats.

The former picture is the Orange Iguanas from "Henry VIII's Great Seal," where they lost at the moat. The second picture is the Green Monkeys from Lucky Pig where they also lost. I'm not quite sure on this one, but I figured since the Iguanas from Geronimo got to keep their team colors, the Iguanas from Great Seal's moat were forced to change into Green Monkeys. Since Geronimo did come right before Great Seal after all.

The first picture is the Purple Parrots from "Henry VIII's Great Seal," where they lost at the moat. The second picture is the Silver Snakes from Lucky Pig, who made it to the Steps of Knowledge, but lost. I'm not entirely sure on this one either, but the players on the raft do look alike. This could've been another "team switcheroo" since the Parrots from Magellan got another chance in Lucky Pig, forcing the above team to switch into Silver Snakes.

I know I don't have any real proof, but I figured since most Season 1 moats used leftover moat rejects, the same could apply for this production day as well. We have Red/Purple from Magellan, Red/Orange (the former getting re assigned) from Geronimo, and Orange/Purple from Great Seal, both needing reassignments. So it would only be fitting those would be the 6 teams for Lucky Pig's moat. On another note, what a rough day for the Orange Iguanas. They lost at 3/4 moats, yet the Blue Barracudas make it to the temple 3/4 times.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
Do we have a theory now that all the Moat losers (or most of them on those five episode a day Season 1 Layouts 3,5,6,7,8) are all back on the last episode of that day?

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »
It's not a "theory," it's what actually happened, as you can tell by the pictures. Season 1 obviously didn't have as many contestants, so they re used moat crossing rejects and gave them another shot on the last episode of each production day. The last episodes of each day were nothing more than moat rejects from previous episodes. Plus, not all moat losers were given another chance.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2013, 01:03:24 AM »
Good find on the Purple Parrots from "Amelia Earhart"! I always meant to look them up, but never found the time to do so. That definitely looks like Annie from the Purple Parrots in "Magellan". Kind of funny that Kristen and Jim and Annie and Brad originally started in different moats that day, but ended up in the same episode considering Annie was his classmate.

I agree about the others too. Pretty much all the moat rejects from the first three episodes returned in "Amelia Earhart" for a second chance. This is pretty much how it is played out in all of the S1 production days. The first two episodes in general featured moat rejects that returned to the last episode that production day. I am not sure why we never seen this along time ago? Especially for players like Jennifer and Damian (Lost Hammer/Map to the Lost Gold Mine) and Retina and Tim (Shaka Zulu/Gordian Knot). I guess no one really paid attention to the moat a long time ago.  ;)

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2013, 01:07:11 AM »
Once again: Scott not Jim. ;)

And yeah, I don't know why we didn't find this sooner. Though the fact that Legends wasn't on YouTube back then may have something to do with it. I can't believe nobody spotted Damian and Jennifer and Tim and Retina at different moats before though. Especially since those two teams actually made it to the temple. I guess nobody really pays attention to moats. :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:09:18 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
I found some more duplicate teams. It's the remaining teams we haven't uncovered yet on S1L8's production day.

The first picture is the Purple Parrots in "The Blue Pearl of the Dragon Lady," where they lost at the moat. The latter two pictures are the same team in ":roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:." Dustin and Nicole of the Purple Parrots made it to the temple games, but lost to Jeremy and Erica. The girls in all three pictures have the same hair and facial expressions as Nicole does. The boys in the three pictures look like Dustin as well, with the Macaulay Culkin lookalike thing going on. And both players share the same height in the moat pictures. If you've been taking notes, you'll remember that the Green Monkeys also lost at Blue Pearl's moat, but turned into Red Jaguars for Silk Ladder's moat. So if the Green Monkeys/Red Jaguars got another chance in Silk Ladder, then the Purple Parrots had to have gotten another chance as well.

The first picture is the Green Monkeys from "The Codebook of Mata Hari," where they lost at the moat. The second picture is the Blue Barracudas from ":roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:," who gave those ridiculous answers on the Steps of Knowledge. Both players in the above pictures look exactly alike, and share the same height. Plus, Jeremy and Erica were originally Orange Iguanas in Mata Hari's moat, and also lost at the same moat. Naturally, both teams had to undergo team changes as Blue Barracudas and Silver Snakes respectively. Since there was already a Green Monkey and Orange Iguana team waiting for a retry in Silk Ladder's moat.

That covers it for S1L8's production day. I figured there were two repeat teams (besides the King Tut moat rejects) from both Mata Hari and Blue Pearl that we haven't uncovered yet. Sure enough, my suspicions on those two above teams were right. :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:14:15 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »
Yeah, those players look like the Purple Parrots Jeremy and Erika faced in ":roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ". The girl in both pictures have the same hairstyle and dark hair color. I can't believe I never noticed those two earlier since I watched the "Blue Pearl" many times. :P

And the second picture is obvious too. The boy in both pictures shares the same style of bangs and the girl in both pictures has the same long hair.

So that pretty much covers the " :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: " moat then. There was definitely no rejects from "Lost Lariat" because the six rejects from the first three episodes took all the spots in " :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ". I am thinking a couple of the rejects in "Belshazzar" came back in "Dead Man's Hand". Need to watch that episode again.  ;)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2013, 08:59:06 PM »
Yeah, we still have some spots to fill for Dead Man's Hand and Kamehameha. Then we'll have the entire first season done! :D

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »
I don't know about Belshazzar, since that was taped all in one day. In Dead Man's Hand's moat, Sara and Josh got another chance, as did the Purple Parrot rejects from Galileo. It could be that the two moat rejects from Belshazzar got another chance at Dead Man's Hand. But what about the other two slots? Were those of contestants that never actually lost at a moat?

Also, before I update the list on the previous page and the OP, are we confident that the Green Monkeys from Atahualpa were the same Green Monkeys in Gordian Knot? I know the pictures aren't very good, but since the Silver Snakes also got another chance in Gordian Knot, I figured the Green Monkeys had to as well. And do we know where the Silver Snakes from Joan of Arc came from? I'm guessing they were the Purple Parrot rejects from Shiva's moat, like Mandy and Eddie were the Green Monkey rejects from the same episode.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »
It is very possible that the Golden Jaguar/Gordian Knot Green Monkey team was one in the same. I mean the 5 other slots from that production day already filled up the Gordian Knot moat. So that means the last moat reject had to come from "Atahualpa". Unless the Green Monkeys in Gordian Knot was a "Hannibal" moat reject.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:50 PM »
You know what, I rewatched the moat for Atahualpa/Gordian Knot, and I do think the Green Monkeys are the same team.

Notice how the female Green Monkey in "Atahualpa" has the same hairstyle as the one in Gordian Knot. They have to be one and the same. Not to mention, this team follows the theme of the first three moat rejects from that day reappearing in the last episode of that day. Plus, the guys in both moats share the same height. 

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »
I knew that was them. The reason I didn't take a picture of their "intro" was because they were both standing at a bad angle and I couldn't get a clear shot. So Green/Silver did get another chance in Gordian Knot. Only the Silver Snakes made it to the temple games, but the Green Monkeys lost at the Steps of Knowledge. That tidbit, as well as the S1L8 players have been added to the chart in the OP. We still need to find the Silver Snakes from Joan of Arc, which I have a feeling they were the Purple Parrot rejects in Shiva. If anyone could get a comparison, that would be great.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2013, 04:09:44 PM »
I think I found the "missing" team from Joan of Arc's moat.

The first picture is the Purple Parrots from "The Stolen Arm of Shiva," where they lost at the moat. The second picture is the Silver Snakes from "The Helmet of Joan of Arc," where they also lost at the moat. Both teams look exactly alike, and share the same height. Remember how Mandy and Eddie lost at Shiva's moat as Green Monkeys? Same thing happened to the Purple Parrots, and like Mandy and Eddie, they also needed a team re assignment. However, Mandy and Eddie eventually made it to the temple, but the team pictured above lost at both moats. Continuing the trend of all moat rejects competing for the last episode of the day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:10:52 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »
Yup, that definitely looks like the same team in Shiva/Joan of Arc. :P It also fits the theme of the first three episodes moat rejects all return for the last episode on that production day. That must've meant that the "Stone Marker" rejects didn't get a chance in the temple because the 6 slots were filled from Buddha/Shiva/Zenobia.

Now we just need to look at S1L3. All of the moat rejects probably came from Sultan Saladin/Alhambra/Genghis Khan since they were the first 3 episodes that day. I don't think you need to bother with "The Trojan Horseshoe" at all. ;)