Author Topic: Contestants in multiple episodes  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Contestants in multiple episodes
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
It was Lost Taj Mahal Turban, the Orange Iguana boy lost at the Steps. And Taj Mahal Turban and Melted Head was filmed back to back. But yeah, I wonder why Jennifer and that Orange Iguana boy were split up. You would think they were the perfect match since they both got a second chance.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2013, 01:17:27 AM »
It makes wonder if the same thing happened with Fred and Ron that I posted a couple of pages back. I swear that Purple Parrot boy is Ron from the Cleopatra moat and later in the Anne Bonny episode. The Purple Parrot girl doesn't really look like Fred though. But if you follow the theme throughout S1, every temple runner in the last episode of the production day from S1L1-L8 appeared in an earlier episode that day:

S1L1 - Sarah and Josh - Galileo's Cannonball --> Dead Man's Hand
S1L2 - Damian and Jennifer - Lost Hammer --> Map to the Lost Gold Mine
S1L3 - Robbie and Tina - Genghis Khan --> Kamehameha
S1L4 - Kristen and Scott - Moccasins --> Amelia Earhart
S1L5 - Katie and Roberto - Lost Fountain of Youth --> Leonardo Da Vinci
S1L6 - Mandy and Eddie - Stolen Arm --> Joan of Arc
S1L7 - Tim and Retina - Sir Edmund Hillary --> Gordian Knot
S1L8 - Jeremy and Erika - Mata Hari -->  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

So if Anne Bonny (last episode during that production day) followed the theme above, Fred and Ron had to be moat rejects somewhere. Maybe Fred and Ron were on different teams before Anne Bonny?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
I found another Season 1 repeat team. The Silver Snakes who lost at the moat in "Ponce de Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth," also lost at the moat in "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci."

Proof:

The first picture is the Silver Snakes in Ponce de Leon, and the second picture is from Leonardo Da Vinci. They lost at both moat crossings. I know I know, "the last episode of each day was nothing more than moat rejects." But since Katie and Roberto of the Orange Iguanas lost at Ponce De Leon's moat along with the Silver Snakes, it would only be fitting for them to try again for Leonardo Da Vinci. Furthermore, the moat rejects from previous episode feat is no exception here. Since the Purple Parrots from Blackbeard also lost at the latter episodes moat as well. I hope this one hasn't been posted before, but I haven't seen it mentioned in this topic yet.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:13 PM »
I agree, that definitely looks like the same Silver Snake team in both pictures. Since "Leonardo Da Vinci" was the last episode that day and "Lost Fountain of Youth" came before that one, it will only make sense that the Silver Snakes were given a second shot. Kind of like how "Gordian Knot" and " :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: " were full of  moat rejects from earlier episodes. Not to mention, Katie and Roberto were rejects from that moat and later appeared as the Orange Iguanas in Da Vinci. I wouldn't be surprised if the other teams in the moat in Da Vinci appeared in earlier moats from that production day? Perhaps the Blue Barracudas that Katie and Roberto beat were from an earlier moat too?

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »
I'm not sure about that, the only Blue Barracuda moat crossing loss that day was "Oracle Bowl," but it could've happened. Here's a rundown of the teams that appeared in Leonardo Da Vinci:

Red Jaguars: Oracle Bowl
Blue Barracudas: Jean Lafitte (as Silver Snakes)
Green Monkeys: Blackbeard
Orange Iguanas: Ponce de Leon
Purple Parrots: Blackbeard
Silver Snakes: Ponce de Leon

Of course, this kind of thing happened a lot in Season 1. :P On a more off topic note, could those Silver Snakes be any shorter? And the Purple Parrot rejects from Blackbeard/Leonardo Da Vinci for that matter? I swear, they look like they're 8 years old or something. :shock:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:32:21 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2013, 11:05:53 PM »
Yeah, at least one more moat reject had to be from Blackbeard. And I assume a couple of the other moat rejects were either from Oracle Bowl or even John Lafitte. Since Blackbeard was the first episode produced that day, I am assuming the other team that didn't make it across appeared as the same team in Leonardo Da Vinci. And the other two teams were just leftovers from Oracle Bowl/Jean Lafitte.

And yeah, that whole production day in general was full of tiny players. Just look at Terry Kay in Jean Lafitte and Jessica in Fountain of Youth.  :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »
And just for the record, here is a list of the other moat rejects from their respective production days:

S1L1: (Dead Man's Hand)
Orange Iguanas: Sara and Josh (as Red Jaguars in Galileo)
Purple Parrots: (From Galileo)

S1L2: (John Sutter)
Red Jaguars: Cricket Cage (As Green Monkeys)
Blue Barracudas: Jennifer and Damian (John Henry) :mrblue:
Green Monkeys: John Henry (who got DQ'd)
Orange Iguanas: Cricket Cage
Purple Parrots: Golden Ship (as Blue Barracudas)
Silver Snakes: Golden Ship (as Green Monkeys)

S1L3: (Kamehameha)
Orange Iguanas: Sultan Saladin
Purple Parrots: Alhambra
Silver Snakes: Robbie and Tina (as Purple Parrots in Genghis Khan) :mrsilver:

S1L4: (Lucky Pig)
Red Jaguars: Magellan
Blue Barracudas: Kristen and Scott (as Red Jaguars in Geronimo)
Green Monkeys: Great Seal (as Orange Iguanas)
Orange Iguanas: Geronimo
Purple Parrots: Magellan
Silver Snakes: Great Seal (as Purple Parrots)

S1L5 we already discussed, see my above post. :P

S1L6: (Joan of Arc)
Red Jaguars: Mandy and Eddie (as Green Monkeys in Shiva)
Blue Barracudas: Golden Chains
Green Monkeys: Golden Chains
Orange Iguanas: Buddha
Purple Parrots: Buddha
Silver Snakes: Not sure (Stone Marker maybe?)

S1L7: (Gordian Knot)
Red Jaguars: Shaka Zulu (as Purple Parrots)
Blue Barracudas: Shaka Zulu
Green Monkeys: Atahualpa
Orange Iguanas: Tim and Retina (Sir Edmund Hilary)
Purple Parrots: Sir Edmund Hilary
Silver Snakes: Atahualpa

S1L8: (Silk Ladder)
Red Jaguars: Blue Pearl (as Green Monkeys)
Blue Barracudas: Mata Hari (as Green Monkeys)
Green Monkeys: King Tut
Orange Iguanas: King Tut
Purple Parrots: Blue Pearl
Silver Snakes: Jeremy and Erica (as Orange Iguanas in Mata Hari)

S1L9: (Anne Bonny)
Red Jaguars: Ron and Katherine (as Purple Parrots in Davy Crockett)
Blue Barracudas: Lawrence of Arabia
Green Monkeys: Snake Bracelet (as Red Jaguars)
Orange Iguanas: Davy Crockett
Purple Parrots: Lawrence of Arabia
Silver Snakes: Snake Bracelet (as Blue Barracudas)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:16:16 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:07 AM »
Since we were talking about the Leonardo Da Vinci episode, I decided to look for more moat rejects from earlier episodes in S1L5.

The first image is the Green Monkeys from "Blackbeard's Treasure Map". The image of the right is the same Green Monkeys in the Da Vinci moat. Hopefully this one is easy to see. :P

This one is kind of hard to see, but I am pretty sure this is the Blue Barracudas that Roberto and Katie beat in the temple games. The Silver Snakes on the left are from "Jean Lafitte" while the ones on the right are from Da Vinci. The girl shares the same skin tone as the one in Da Vinci while the Silver Snake boy is the same height as the Barracuda boy.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2013, 12:41:49 AM »
We've got ourselves a match, on both accounts. :grin: I knew the Green Monkeys from Blackbeard had to have returned for Leonardo Da Vinci's moat. Continuing the trend once more for rejects in the first episode returning for the last episode's moat. Unlike the Purple Parrots from Blackbeard, the Green Monkeys at least advanced to the Steps of Knowledge, but lost there. I'll edit that in my post above.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2013, 02:09:29 PM »
And since the Green Monkeys and Purple Parrots in the "Blackbeard" moat returned to the "Leonardo Da Vinci" moat, that definitely mean that the whole Blackbeard episode was taped in S1L5 and not some pilot episode that was taped months before the show began. So that just leaves the Red Jaguars in Leonardo Da Vinci that we haven't found yet? I bet they were a reject team from either Jean Lafitte or Oracle Bowl.

And I am going to check out Belshazzar later. I am curious if any of the rejects in that moat appeared later in Dead Man's Hand.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »
Yeah, I never understood why people called Blackbeard "the first episode ever recorded." I refuse to call it a pilot episode if there was never one filmed to begin with. Even Kirk himself said in the radio interview they never shot a pilot of any kind. Just because it was labeled "Episode 1" doesn't make it the pilot episode. It may have been the first episode edited (26 minutes long and no copyright at the end), but it was NOT the very first episode recorded.

And I'm not sure about Belshazzar's moat. They could've brought some rejects back, but I have no idea.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2013, 10:32:55 PM »
Get ready you guys, because I have a major list of comparisons to post.

I made this speculation above, but the first picture is the Red Jaguars from "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi." They lost at the moat in that episode. The latter picture is from "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci," where they made it to the Steps of Knowledge, but lost. I'm not entirely confident in this one, but the female players do look alike.

The first picture is the Green Monkeys from "The Golden Chains of Zenobia," where they lost at the moat. The second picture is the same team at the moat in "The Helmet of Joan of Arc." The third picture is the Green Monkeys during the Steps of Knowledge, where they lost. Now, Blue and Green didn't make it out of the moat in Zenobia, so they naturally got a second chance in Joan of Arc. Unlike the Green Monkeys, the Blue Barracudas advanced to the temple games, where they lost to Mandy and Eddie of the Red Jaguars. Plus, the players in the above three pictures look exactly alike.

The first picture is the Purple Parrots from "The Belly Button of Buddha," where they failed at the moat. And when I mean fail, I mean failed.... miserably. Seriously, the Purple Parrots couldn't even get their first player across. :roll: The second picture is the same team in Joan of Arc's moat, where they also failed to make it across. I'm not sure about this one either, but the players look similar, and the Purple Parrot boy has an untucked shirt in both pictures. Plus, Orange and Purple lost at Buddha's moat, and got another chance in Joan of Arc. Unlike the Purple Parrots pictured above, the Orange Iguanas advanced to the Steps of Knowledge, but lost.

The first picture is the Purple Parrots from "The Mask of Shaka Zulu's" moat, where they did not make it across. The second picture is the same team, albeit as Red Jaguars in "Alexander and the Gordian Knot." They did not make it across that moat either. I know it's sort of hard to tell, but both guys in the pictures have similar unibrows, and both girls have the same skin tone and facial expression. Plus, the Blue Barracudas that lost in Shaka Zulu's moat also got another chance at Gordian Knot's moat. Unlike the team pictured above, the Blue Barracudas advanced from the moat, but lost at the Steps.

I have a few more comparisons I want to post, but I don't want to make the post too long. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:35:27 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2013, 10:52:21 PM »
Oracle Bowl/Leonardo Da Vinci: Agreed, I think this one is pretty obvious considering this is the only team missing from the "Leonardo Da Vinci" moat. You can tell that both players in their pictures look exactly alike. No complaints here from me on this one.

Zenobia/Joan of Arc: Definitely agree. Considering that "Zenobia" was the first episode from that day, it would make sense that the same team would return as the Green Monkeys in the very last episode that day. And since Mandy and Eddie were Green Monkeys in "Shiva", they would have to be forced to become the Red Jaguars in "Joan of Arc" because the Green Monkeys were already taken. And the girls do definitely look alike too.

Buddha/Joan of Arc: Agreed, you can even see the resemblance between both Purple Parrots boy's face. And the girl looks a like too. Man, if you were given a second chance at the same moat, the least you could do is actually try and make it across the second time. :roll:

Shaka Zulu/Gordian Knot - Agreed, you can tell in both guys face that they are one and the same. The girl in both pictures look the same too with the bushy hair and in the face. The Red Jaguars in the second picture look like Gabby and Joe from Golden Ship. Except the Red Jaguar boy has the unibrow now.  :lol:

Overall, good find. It's amazing how many moat rejects were allowed to come back and S1. We probably still have more that haven't been discovered yet. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2013, 11:30:49 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna make that point about the team switcheroo for Mandy and Eddie. They were forced to be Red Jaguars because the Green Monkey's slot was already taken, since Shiva came after Golden Chains. And yeah, the boy from Shaka Zulu/Gordian Knot does look like Gabby with the unibrow.  I like the creepy glare he's giving in both pictures too. :lol:

Oh, and here are some more comparisons:

The latter two pictures are the Green Monkeys from "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa," where they lost at the moat. Sorry about the subpar quality of pictures, that was literally the best shot I could get of them. They were standing at a terrible angle during the team intros, where they literally stood sideways with their faces turned away from the camera. So thus, they were unrecognizable for me to get a good shot. The first picture is the Green Monkeys from "Alexander and the Gordian Knot," where they eventually advanced to the Steps of Knowledge, but lost. By the way, the second picture is supposed to be the female player, and the third picture is supposed to be the male player. Excuse the ass backwards showing of the teams too. :lol: But I figured they're the same since the players in all three pictures do look alike. Plus, the Silver Snakes also lost at Atahualpa's moat, and got another chance in Gordian Knot's moat. The Silver Snakes however, actually made it to the temple games, but lost to Tim and Retina of the Orange Iguanas.

The former picture of the Red Jaguars is from "The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra," where they lost at the moat. The latter picture is the Green Monkeys from "The Treasure of Anne Bonny." Joanna and Nate of the Green Monkeys made it to the temple games in Anne Bonny, but lost to Katherine and Ron of the Red Jaguars. You can definitely tell the teams in both pictures look alike, especially Nate. Another interesting note is that Joanna and Nate were Red Jaguars first, but forced to become Green Monkeys. So that means Katherine and Ron had to have been the moat rejects in Davy Crockett as Purple Parrots. And were naturally changed into the Red Jaguars in Anne Bonny. I wonder if Ron cheated during Davy Crockett's moat as well. I wouldn't put it past him if he did. :roll:

The first picture is the Blue Barracudas from "The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra." They lost at the moat, like the aforementioned Red Jaguars above did. The second picture is the same team as Silver Snakes in "The Treasure of Anne Bonny." They also lost at that moat. You can tell the boy has the same hairstyle in both pictures, as does the girl, and they share the same height. This continues the trend of all moat rejects being on the last episode of a filming day. Especially since Blue/Purple lost at Lawrence of Arabia's moat, Orange/Purple lost at Davy Crockett's moat, (the latter team needing a reassignment), and Red/Blue lost at Cleopatra's moat, albeit on different assigned teams. It would only make sense to bring back the moat rejects in Cleopatra, and give them another chance for Anne Bonny's moat. Only the team pictured above lost at both moats.

That covers it for S1L5, S1L6, S1L7, and S1L9's production days. I didn't look too carefully at the other S1 days we haven't covered yet. Thoughts? :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2013, 12:28:20 AM »
Atahualpa/Gordian Knot - I am not sure about this one. The girl on the left has darker hair than the girl on the right. Plus, the girl on the left looks like she has bigger lips. I have to look at this one more closely by watching both videos.

Snake Bracelet/Anne Bonny - Yeah, that definitely looks like the Green Monkeys Ron and Katherine beat in the "Anne Bonny" temple games. The boy definitely looks the same in both episodes. He has such a girlish look too. :lol: The girl also looks alike too, only her hairstyle was slightly different. I wouldn't have put it past Ron to cheat in the "Davy Crockett" moat either. After all, Davy Crockett was right before Anne Bonny was. So back-to-back cheating wouldn't be surprising. Why did they have to make that loser a Red Jaguar? :roll:

Snake Bracelet/Anne Bonny - The Blue Barracuda team on the left is probably the odd team out in the Anne Bonny moat. Since the Blue Barracudas in "Lawrence of Arabia" came back as the same team in "Anne Bonny", they were forced to use the leftover team. The boys in both pictures definitely looks alike too since they both look heavy set.

Good finds, we basically covered all of S1L6-L9. I am pretty sure there are leftovers from S1L3 at least. I don't remember us talking too much about that production day. So that is probably the only one really needed to be covered. ;)