Author Topic: The most undeserving teams on Legends?  (Read 492 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: The most undeserving teams on Legends?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »
The Red Jaguars from "The Smashed Printing Plate of Frederick Douglass". Jason was pretty clueless and Dana was no better. They even won two pendants with a temple games sweep over the Purple Parrots. The PPs would've done a better job.
You know, I always had a feeling Dana and Jason cheated in their temple games. In Jason's bucking horse game, he kept throwing objects in the bucket. When really, he should have waited for the Purple Parrot boy to get back on the horse. In Dana's net game, it would have been a tie if the Purple Parrot girl didn't throw her jar of ink too far. So we can at least give that game to Dana. In the third game (the sinking steps game), Jason tried to cheat by skipping steps.

I'm sure many will disagree that it was NOT cheating, but I have only seen the full episode once. So naturally, I don't remember exactly what happened. But yeah, the Purple Parrots should have won. They would have done a MUCH better job.
You know, I do agree with your reasoning, but I admit some of these things are a little hard to prove from what we saw.  I don't think it was said that Jason couldn't toss any papers while his opponent had fallen off the horse— admittedly, watching it, it seems more like the opponent falling off could've been used to either player's advantage, which is why they used the horse game for this.  Still, it makes sense either way.

As for the third game, while they probably did skip a step on the final try that got the Jaguars the win, it wasn't on camera at the time so it can only be assumed.  They probably should've been sent back for trying to cheat in the last game, for sure, but as for the first game, I have no idea what the actual rule was.

Not that that detracts from how awful the Temple Run was, mind you.

I'd sort of add the Barracudas from "The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte," but mostly because they got an automatic win on the tiebreaker rather than having to earn it themselves.  The Temple Run wasn't really that epic of a fail, though.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:29:25 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 11:52:29 PM »
Yeah, The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte could be considered an undeserving team. While their temple run did suck, it wasn't heinously bad. So that run doesn't bother me as much. Good point about Smashed Printing Plate too.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »
Speaking of Jean Lafitte, is it me or was Terri-Kay the smallest player to ever enter the temple? Wow, that girl was tiny! :shock:

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »
I don't know, the temple run for the Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte was a pretty big fail if you ask me. I mean the second runner was so slow and had no idea what she was doing. She probably would've had the slowest monkey assembly time if she had more time on the clock. Not that it mattered anyways, because this run would've probably ended in triple capture due to the path they took.

I agree though about the Orange Iguanas from the Enormous Feather of the Me Linh being undeserving. I think I was considering them at one time, but didn't want to include them because David did pretty well in his part in the team. But the Orange Iguanas definitely barely edged out through each round of the episode. They came in fourth in the Moat, second in the Steps, and won the tiebreaker due to David's effort. Karissa was such a handicap to the team throughout the episode. It was David who got them to the temple and gave Karissa enough time to reach the Feather. Unfortunately, she was extremely clueless and cost her team a victory.

I think I will compile a list based on the responses in this topic and more observations a little later.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 12:01:24 AM »
Speaking of Jean Lafitte, is it me or was Terri-Kay the smallest player to ever enter the temple? Wow, that girl was tiny! :shock:

For sure. I thought she was a dwarf when I first saw her episode.  :o

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
I might be being too generous to Terri-Kay, but she looked like she was 9 years old. In a Kirk Fogg interview, he said some of the players were 9. I think he was right when he said the 9 year old's stood no chance in the temple. I thought she gave it a decent effort.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
I am pretty sure she was 12 or 13 when Kirk Fogg interviewed her. Most of the Legends contestants usually ranged from 12-14 anyways. I believe there were a couple of 11 year olds and 15 year olds (Joel from Babe the Ox comes to mind.)

I can't imagine 9 year olds on the show though. I mean they would be struggling to assemble the monkey.  :o

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 12:23:30 AM »
Here is another mention that I am surprised no one brought up yet:

The Silver Snakes from "The Snow Cone of Mt Kilimanjaro" should get a spot on the list due to poor performance throughout the episode.

First off, they barely filled the last spot in the moat.

Then they won the temple games 1.5-1 pendants, with the half-pendant coming from Casey tying his game and the Silver Snakes BARELY winning the team game. I mean they literally won the team game with 3 seconds left on the clock. Had time ran out, both teams would've tied, but the Red Jaguars would've went to the temple with 2 pendants.

And then in the temple, they covered the same number of rooms as Sabrina did in Blackbeard's Treasure Map. I always roll my eyes at Casey when he looks challenged in the Jester's Court and runs straight into the temple spirit (who makes it obvious that there is a guard in the tree with its flailing arms.) And Heather was just as much as a big fail where she wasted her remaining time in the Dark Forest instead of trying to at least bust through the wall.  :roll:

I don't know if this episode or the Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack was the worst episode of season three.  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 12:44:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure Terri Kay was 11 when she was on the show. The youngest you could be on the show was 10. But Terri Kay was definitely pretty young.

And I agree with TRJ about the Snow Cone of Mt. Kilimanjaro. They kept barely winning and their temple run sucked. Even though I'm not a fan of the Red Jaguars, I do wonder how much better they would have done. The Bifocal Monocle of One Eyed Jack was a pretty terrible episode as well. But I don't think that team did half bad pre temple rounds.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 01:32:26 AM »
I don't even remember ANY contestant saying they were younger than eleven. :shock: Can anyone remember one?

Another team I'd add to the list is the Silver Snakes from "The Codebook of Mata Hari." Not that they did poorly in the first couple elimination rounds, but I believe the Temple Games should have ended in the Blue Barracudas' favor if not for the dumb "furthest along" rule Kirk went by (seriously, give me one other episode where he used that to judge a collection game).  I couldn't guess if the Barracudas would have done much better in the Temple given the setup, though, but they should have made it there.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:04 AM »
I don't even remember ANY contestant saying they were younger than eleven. :shock: Can anyone remember one?
The Purple Parrot girl from the Lucky Pig of Amelia Earhart was 10. And the Blue Barracuda boy from the Helmet of Joan of Arc said he was 10 as well.

Another team I'd add to the list is the Silver Snakes from "The Codebook of Mata Hari." Not that they did poorly in the first couple elimination rounds, but I believe the Temple Games should have ended in the Blue Barracudas' favor if not for the dumb "furthest along" rule Kirk went by (seriously, give me one other episode where he used that to judge a collection game).  I couldn't guess if the Barracudas would have done much better in the Temple given the setup, though, but they should have made it there.
Oh I agree there. I can't believe that was wasn't mentioned yet. I'm pretty sure the Silver Snakes swept the steps though, instead of barely passing. But other than that, they only won because of Kirk's STUPID "furthest along" rule. I don't think there was any other episode where he screwed up that badly judging who won which temple game. The Blue Barracudas should have won the temple games 2-1. They probably would have done much better than the Silver Snakes did.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:56:54 AM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 05:39:23 AM »
I can't believe I overlooked "The Codebook of Mata Hari". I remember one member here was constantly bringing up on how the Silver Snake girl was NOT further along than the Blue Barracuda girl in her temple game. If that was the case, then the Blue Barracudas deserved to go to the temple over the Silver Snakes.

As for the temple run, I don't know if the Blue Barracudas would've done that much better. It seemed to me the only way this team would've won was by encountering all three guards. I assume the last guard was in the Crypt based on the half-pendant being found in the Shrine. Although I doubt the Blue Barracudas would have trouble moving through holes.  :mrblue: