Author Topic: Ranking all the rooms of the temple based on difficulty  (Read 275 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Ranking all the rooms of the temple based on difficulty
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:20:50 PM »
This will be based on a scale of 1-10. 1 being so easy, the stupidest player can do it. 10 being so hard, not even Gator or Zac can do it. Here are my rankings with a description of each room courtesy of Ed's website:

The Room of the Three Gargoyles
Season 1, Layouts 1-7
In this room, contestants press the tongues of three gargoyles on the wall. One or more will open a door.
My ranking: 2. It's very easy.

The Room of the Royal Gongs
Season 1, Layouts 8-9
Three gongs hang on the wall. Pushing one may open a door.
My ranking: 2. Basically the exact same thing as Gargoyles.

The Crypt
Seasons 2-3
Three skeletons in coffins line the wall, each holding a gold book. Pulling a book may open a door.
My ranking: 2. Very easy.

The Wall Climb
Season 1, Layouts 1-4
Here, a contestant navigates the room and attempts to open doors to other rooms by pressing their corresponding actuators. Ropes are added later in the season to assist contestants up the wall.
My ranking: 6. Climbing any wall like this requires physical strength, something I lack. I rank this one slightly hard.

The Troubled Bridge
Season 1, Layouts 5-9; Season 2, Layout 3
The Troubled Bridge divides the Pit area into two halves. Players open unlocked doors by hitting the actuators on either side of the Bridge. Access to the temple's central room is not allowed in these layouts.
My ranking: 1. Just don't trip.

The Wheel Room
Season 1, Layouts 5-9
In this division of the Pit of Despair, a player spins a large hamster wheel by walking on it. This action raises a rock slab allowing access to the side door and its actuator.
My ranking: 4. Not too difficult. Just keep on moving in that wheel and push.

The Pit of Despair
Season 2, Layouts 1-2
Similarly to the Wall Climb, this room requires the contestants to press the actuators of the doors they wish to open.
My ranking: 6. Exact same thing as the Wall Climb.

The Rock Quarry
Season 2, Layout 3
Here, a contestant places five rocks into a large bucket, providing enough weight to lift the stone slab blocking the side door and its actuator.
My ranking: 3. Not hard. Just don't miss the bucket. Also, I don't even know if those are real rocks or fake/plastic rocks.

The Pit
Season 2, Layouts 4-5
The Pit is similar to the Pit of Despair, except it features large rock slabs on either side of the room and a hanging rope between them. As before, players press the actuator of the door they wish to pass through.
My ranking: 3. Not hard. Just don't miss the rope swing when trying to reach it or you might fall in the pit.

The Pit of the Pendulum
Season 3
Here, contestants knock over a column at the front of the room to progress. Players usually accomplish this by swinging on a vine from the second story of the room.
My ranking: this depends on which door opens. If the bottom door opens, a rank of 2. If the middle and/or top door opens, then a ranking of 7 because reaching for that other rope after swinging can be very tough. And if you can't reach it, then you have to climb that hard wall. Overall, I guess this will be ranked as 4.5.

The Observatory (1)
Season 1, Layouts 1-7
Players spin a central sundial to open one or more doors.
My ranking: 1. Really, how hard is it to spin something like that?

The Observatory (2)
Season 1, Layouts 8-9
Here, a contestant spins a "celestial light" wheel to progress.
My ranking: 1. Same as the first Observatory's reasoning.

The Observatory (3)
Season 2
Straying away from the pattern of the previous two Observatory incarnations, this one requires a contestant to align a four-piece statue puzzle placed at the front of the room.
My ranking: 7. The description is correct, this Observatory strays away from the pattern, and this one to me is tricky. Aligning those four pieces correctly looks hard and it's time consuming too.

The King's Storeroom
Season's 2 and 3
Players here break as many as three pots in search of a red key, then place this key into the correct pot pedestal to move on. This room held a different location in the second season.
My ranking: 3. Not hard at all. Just throw the pots to the ground hard or smash them on the pedestal. Finding the key and correct keyhole shouldn't be too hard either.

The Heart Room
Season 1, Layouts 1-8; Season 2, Layout 1
In the simplest of all rooms on Legends, a player attempts to open a door by hitting its corresponding actuator.
My ranking: 1. There is a certain player that makes this room look like a 10 ranking, but that player's incompetence doesn't count. Hint: "PRESS A BUTTON!"

The Room of Fallen Columns
Season 1, Layout 9
This room's objective remains identical to that of its predecessor, the Heart Room, except that foam columns are strewn around the room to inhibit movement.
My ranking: 5. Medium difficulty. I mean, look at those pillars scattered around the room like that. This room should've had more appearances. At least it made navigating kind of tricky.

Medusa's Lair
Season 2, Layouts 2-4
Here, a player takes and places four snakes (reduced to two later in Layout 2) into a raised Medusa head to open the doors.
My ranking: this depends on how many snakes you have to put in the head. Four snakes earns a ranking of 8. Putting in four snakes correctly looks very hard (see The Stone Head of the Evil King). Two snakes earns a ranking of 5. Not as hard and not as time consuming, but it still has the difficulty.

The Room of the Mandarin Hand
Season 2, Layout 5
This room requires a contestant to curl the five fingers of the central "Mandarin hand" around a orb to open the doors.
My ranking: 2. Only small players would have a problem putting those fingers around the globe.

The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Season 3
Players complete the missing pattern along the central door of the room by first locating and then placing the stray markers in their correct positions.
My ranking: 4. Here me out on this one. The only problem this room has is that it's a little time consuming. It's not that hard. Just grab three markers and put them in the correct place. Not too hard.

The Room of the Golden Idols
Season 1, Layouts 1-3
Here, a player can either hit an actuator to open a side door or press down one of three golden idols, potentially opening the corresponding door and allowing access downward.
My ranking: 1. Hit a button or hug/push down on an idol. How hard is that?

The Treasure Room
Season 1, Layouts 4-8
A contestant here can either open a side door via the corresponding actuator or open the central treasure test and climb down through it, provided it's unlocked.
My ranking: 1. Open a treasure chest or hit a button. How hard is that?

The Treasury of Golden Orbs
Season 1, Layout 9
Here, a contestant takes an orb from the back of the room and places it in one of three pedestals. The correct pedestal opens all unlocked doors. The actuators in this room are inactive.
My ranking: 2. Very easy. Just pick the right orb and put it on the pedestal.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors
Season 3
Pulling the correct set of armor of the three in the room opens any unlocked doors. A temple guard may capture a player after they pull down the two handles. There are no downward-leading doors in this season.
My ranking: 2. All you have to do is fit inside armor and pull down a couple of handles.

The Shrine of the Silver Monkey
Seasons 1-3
Possibly the best-recognized symbol of the show behind Olmec is the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. In here, a player assembles a three-piece monkey statue, whose segments are placed on shelves about the room, at a pedestal at the front of the room to open any unlocked doors.
My ranking: 4. Again, here me out on this one. Three pieces of a monkey puzzle. All you have to do is assemble it correctly. It shouldn't be that hard! I find the third Observatory to be harder than this room.

The Torch Room
Season 1, Layouts 1-2
The Room of Three Torches
Season 1, Layouts 6-9
If entering this room from the lower level, a contestant takes a torch placed on a wall and places it in the correct pedestal of three to open the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. If entering from the Shrine, the player needs only take the elevator downwards to progress.
My ranking: 2. Another simple room. For some reason, the girl from The Oracle Bowl of Delphi made this look like a 10 room. However, she doesn't count.

The Pirates' Cove
Season 1, Layouts 3-5
If entering this room from the lower level, a contestant takes a torch placed on a wall and places it in the correct pedestal of three to open the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, imitating the Torch Room. However, if the player enters from the Shrine, he or she needs to spin a ship's wheel to raise a rock slab unveiling the ladder leading below.
My ranking: 2. Just spin a handled wheel or put in a torch. Not hard at all.

The Vipers' Nest
Season 2, Layouts 1-2
If entering the room from below, a player pulls the lids off up to three jars at the front of the room in search of a snake, that, when found and yanked, may open the door. If entering from the Shrine, the player needs only take the elevator to access the room below.
My ranking: 1. Just open a maximum of three jar lids. Super easy.

The Lightning Ball Room
Season 2, Layout 3
If entering the room from below, a player connects four power cords to the lightning ball at the front of the room to open the door. Otherwise, if entering from the Shrine, the player needs only take the elevator to access the room below.
My ranking: 2. Just plug in some cords.

The Room of the Secret Password
Season 2, Layouts 4-5; Season 3
Three password cabinets hang on the walls of the room, each containing a unique password inscription. To open unlocked doors, the player must read the correct password. In the second season only, players can progress directly from the Shrine of the Silver Monkey to the elevator leading below without completing the password objective.
My ranking: 3. Not too hard.

The Mine Shaft
Season 1, Layouts 1-2; Season 2
A player in this room has three options: to take the elevator upwards (provided it's available), to break through the stone wall leading rightwards (provided it can be destroyed), or to open the Shrine door by hitting its actuator (provided the door is unlocked).
My ranking: 1. Just ride a slow elevator.

The Dungeon
Season 1, Layouts 3-5
A player in this room has three options: to take the ladder upwards, to break through the stone wall leading rightwards (provided it can be destroyed), or to open the Shrine door by hitting its actuator (provided the door is unlocked).
My ranking: 2. Just climb a ladder or break through a wall.

The Well
Season 1, Layouts 6-9
A player in this room has three options: to hop in the large bucket bringing the player upwards (provided it's available), to break through the stone wall leading rightwards (provided it can be destroyed), or to open the Shrine door by hitting its actuator (provided the door is unlocked).
My ranking: 1. See Mine Shaft.

The Quicksand Bog
Season 3
The Quicksand Bog allows the player entering it to climb through the Pharaoh's Secret Passage into the room above, smash through the stone wall (provided it can be broken), or attempt to open the Shrine of the Silver Monkey's door by hitting its actuator.
My ranking: 3. Moving through those boxes can be a little tricky, but not too hard.

The Tomb of Ancient Kings
Season 1
Here, a player either attempts to bust through the stone wall and progress to the left, or search for a key in the central coffin, that, when found, may allow access to both the room above and to the right of the Tomb.
My ranking: 1. Just open a coffin and insert a key.

The Dark Forest
Seasons 2-3
Here, a player has two options. The first is to search for a key in the trunks of the two trees. This key may open the door leading upward and/or the door leading to the right. The second option is to bust through the stone wall and progress to the left, provided the wall can be smashed. A tree in the room may be inhabited by the spirit of a temple guard, seizing a contestant and forcing him or her to sacrifice a Pendant of Life.
My ranking: 1. Just reach into a tree and find a key, if possible. Bust through a wall too.

The Treacherous Swamp
Season 1, Layouts 1, 4-5; Season 2, Layouts 1-3
The Treacherous Swamp is a room filled with aged netting and a swampy foundation. To open an unlocked door, a player must press its corresponding actuator.
My ranking: 2. Getting through the vines can be kind of tricky, but not very hard.

The Spider's Lair
Season 1, Layouts 2-3
To open an unlocked door, a player must press the corresponding actuator. The room is filled with webbing.
My ranking: 2. See Swamp.

The Bamboo Forest
Season 1, Layout 6
The Bamboo Forest is just that--a forest of bamboo poles. In a similar manner to its predecessors, opening unlocked doors is accomplished by striking the corresponding actuators.
My ranking: 3. This room isn't very hard, but the bamboo sticks can be in the way a little bit.

The Holes of Python
Season 1, Layouts 7-9
A number of short, vertical partitions stretch from the front to the back of the room, each with one or more holes players must crawl through. Once again, this room is actuator-based--the contestant presses the corresponding actuator of an unlocked door to open it.
My ranking: 8. This room is very hard to get through. Those holes are so small and it takes a lot of time to get through them.

The Jesters' Court
Season 2, Layouts 4-5; Season 3
Three fluorescent painted figures adorn the back wall. A contestant opens unlocked doors by correctly aligning him or herself with the correct figurine, pressing three actuators simultaneously in the process. In the third season, the room's ladders allowing upward access are removed.
My ranking: 4. Not necessarily hard, but aligning your body with the figure can be a little tricky. Not too hard though.

The Throne Room
Season 1, Layouts 1-3, 7-9
In the Throne Room, contestants press the "Throne of the Pretender" at the center of the room, usually accomplished by sitting upon it, to open any unlocked doors.
My ranking: 1. Duh!

The Room of Harmonic Convergence
Season 1, Layouts 4-6
Five floor panels are arranged in a circle at this room's center. Players press any two adjacent panels; the correct combination opens all unlocked doors.
My ranking: 3. All you do is step on symbols, but in my eyes, the two behind the ladder look kind of hard to reach with your legs. Not too hard though.

The Throne Room (2)
Season 2, Layouts 1-2
In this updated version of the Season 1 room, the throne is attached to a reversible wall. Players sit upon the Throne of the Pretender while pressing two armrest actuators, causing the throne to swing around the wall. This allows access to any opened doors.
My ranking: 1. Sit on a throne. I like the spinning though.

The Laser Light Room
Season 2, Layouts 3-5
Here, seven red lasers and one white are concealed under eight removable panels. After unveiling the white laser, all unlocked doors open.
My ranking: 2. All you have to do is pull off tiles. The top tiles can be tough to reach though, thus giving it a ranking of 2. Not a hard room at all.

The Tomb of the Headless Kings
Season 3
Players tug on vines hanging from the ceiling to open their corresponding compartments. One compartment contains the skull, that, when placed on the proper king, will open any doors.
My ranking: 2. Just pull on vines and put the head on a headless king. Not hard. Time consuming? Yes. Hard? Not at all.

The Cave of Sighs
Season 1
The Ledges
Seasons 2-3
Players can exit this entrance room by pressing the corresponding actuator of any unlocked door. In the first season, contestants enter this room directly from the front. In later seasons, one must slide downward to the Ledges when entering the temple.
My ranking: 6. Navigating through the ledges can be tough. For a bigger person, this room is very hard.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking all the rooms of the temple based on difficulty
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »
I disagree with the 2 for The Tomb of the Headless Kings.  Sometimes it can be difficult to actually find the skull, especially in such a poorly lit room.  I think it should get at least a 4.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline Green Monkey Warrior

• I know tidbits of teen life!
  • Taken out
  • Kirk Level
  • Guess what I am? A GIRL, LIKE PPF!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
My opinions on the difficulties on the more time-consuming or complex rooms besides the Tomb of the Headless Kings (which was, BTW, the most time-consuming objective out of any room located at the bottom of the central shaft):

The Pit of Despair— Not even that hard, for the most part. Only shorter contestants would have difficulties jumping up to the actuators while taller contestants would have it relatively easy.

The Pit of the Pendulum— Okay, this one was a bit more arduous, but the best thing to do while in here was to go to the bottom door or use the back wall's rope to hoist yourself up to the top doors.

The Observatory (stone column)— You're completely right on this one, Apanuugpak; aligning that Olmec-looking figurine on the stone column would be time-consuming rather than complex (given that you could move one subsection the wrong way while moving another).

Medusa's Lair— I truly hated and feared this room for more than one reason— the time-consuming objective of getting the snakes next to her head and then placing them into the colored holes; don't make me touch the subject of those HORRENDOUS EFFECTS of the rattling and screechy snakes or even the psycho-charged shriek (that's right, TDE, the shriek gave me a frightening nightmare anytime I heard it) and the piercing red eyes!

The Holes of Python— It's like having to crawl through the Bamboo Forest if it were assembled closer to the ground (at least there weren't any creepy and hissing snake sound effects when a Temple Guard was encountered or if a door was opened).  :twisted:
Favorite Team: Green Monkeys, with the Blue Barracudas hot on their heels
Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, followed closely by The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite Room: The Room of the Ancient Warriors (here's to you, TAW)

I've been a Legends fan since 1999, FYI!

"I will pose if I wanna, and I will vogue like Madonna!"— Victoria Justice :mrpurple: :mrorange:

Much love to the Green Monkeys, you hear? :mrgreen:
Proud to be a Green Monkey in particular!

A timeline of pop music:
'80s: Michael Jackson (R.I.P. :( ), Madonna, U2
'90s: Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, 'Nsync
'00s/'10s: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez

All I want is everything 'cause too much isn't enough!

No booty calls, John and Tia!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
Here is the top 10 most difficult rooms in the temple IMO:

1.) The Tomb of the Headless Kings - There is so many factors that make this room difficult. First, the room is cramped so it makes it hard to maneuver around it. Next, the room is dark and it made it harder to find the skull. And there were too many vines to pull down, so sometimes contestants wasted time pulling on the same vine. And finally, there was always a temple guard here so it wasted even more time.

2.) The Chamber of the Sacred Markers - This room and the room above made the central shaft truly a daunting task to traverse. Some contestants spent a lot of time in this room, others spent little time. The biggest problem was that some of the markers blended into the wall, making some contestants like Ryan from the Pearl Necklace of Gwalior and Katie from Clovis I who spent a lot of time here. Also, its not easy finding these markers while racing against the clock.

3.) The Shrine of the Silver Monkey - The room difficulty varied on the player and how they assembled it. Most players assembled the monkey with either no problem or struggle with a certain part like the base or torso. Then you had some players that tried grabbing all the pieces at the same, and then would fumble the pieces around while assembling it. Finally, you had contestants that just couldn't assemble the monkey for the life of it.

4.) Medusa's Lair - It was nice to finally have a room in the center of the temple that didn't require the contestants to push an actuator. However, this room was just too much for some contestants. First off, the snakes would not go all the way into her head sometimes. And other times when they did go in, there was a delay for a door to open. And if two snakes were bad enough, why don't you try four? I can understand how Tony felt frustrated in that room.

5.) The Treacherous Holes of Python - This room was more time consuming then hard. Why? Because it required no skill to traverse through and ate up a lot of time during the run. And that foam in the holes made it harder for the contestants to traverse through also. Even though people give Bobby slack for wasting too much time to go through four rooms, he did have to go through this room and back, which was not an easy task.

6.) The Wall Climb - this run seemed to throw off a majority of contestants. I don't think climbing the wall itself was the hard part, I think the ropes were useless. The contestants would try to use the ropes and would either dangle from them or fall off them while trying to climb the wall. And climbing the wall was probably no easy task either.

7.) The Observatory - It was another room that must've been hard for a contestant, especially for racing against the clock. It would take on average 8-16 seconds to assemble it correctly. And some contestants took even longer. But this room was much better than the other two observatories.  :roll:

8.) The Wheel Room - Once again, this room was too time consuming and cramped. From climbing the ladder to spinning the wheel, sometimes it took around three minutes. And add to the fact that this room was always paired with the Holes of Python, you have a devilish bottom floor layout. This is why I appreciate Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress more than other runs because David absolutely dominated this room.

9.) The Jester's Court - Once again, this room had a varied degree of difficulty. Some contestants spent little time in this room, while other contestants ran into trouble here. Part of the problem is that some contestants just could not line their bodies up with the figures. The other part is they got unlucky on which painting they chose. And the short contestants like Rachelle and that girl from the Marble Armrest of Xerxes had trouble due to their height. But its not like this room gave more problems then the above rooms.

10.) The Pit of the Pendulum - This Pit was too time consuming because some contestants could not knock down the column, while others could not climb the wall. However, most contestants minus one big exception really didn't have much trouble here. Although the foam blocks made it harder to traverse through the pit.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:50 AM »
The Room of the Three Gargoyle/Royal Gongs: 2
Just press some buttons.

The Crypt: 2
Just pull some books.

The Wall Climb: 1/4
Just push some actuators. The 4 is for climbing.

The Wheel Room: 5
The ladder is a bit time consuming. The wheel is not that hard if you push hard.

The Troubled Bridge: 1
Does this need explaining?

The Rock Quarry: 3
Just throw some rocks. Not hard at all unless you're short.

The Pit: 1/3
The 3 is for swinging.

The Pit of the Pendulum: 2/5
Climbing up the platform won't be easy.

The Observatory 1/2: 1
Just spin those things.

The Observatory 3: 7
I'll admit that the puzzle is difficult. We don't the exact image, so.....

The King's Storeroom: 5
Too close, literally

The Room of the Golden Idols: 2
Hug idols or press actuators.

The Treasure Room: 1
Pointless to explain

The Treasury of Golden Orbs: 3
Just place an orb in a slot.

The King's Storeroom: 6
The 6 is for the distance.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors: 2/6
6 is for the Temple Guards stalling you.

The Shrine of the Silver Monkey: 5
There's an indent for the tail, and the rest just follows.

The Torch Room/Room of the Three Torches: 2
Too simple

The Pirate's Cove: 3
It's not too hard to spin the wheel

The Viper's Nest: 2/4
Pull the snakes from the jars

The Lightning Room: 2/4
Plug some cords.

The Room of the Secret Password: 2/5
It takes a while for the door to open.

I'll add more later.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:45:28 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.