Author Topic: Was it the best temple plan?  (Read 244 times)

Offline geniusonwheels

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
Was it the best temple plan?
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:50 AM »
LOTHT ran for 120 episodes. The rooms changed, but the architecture never did.

You always had 2 rooms at the beginning, not really mattering which you take, because you end at the Pit. Then you had a 4x2 block, with the rightmost column with a top 3, that simply allowed you to bypass the middle room.

There has been much debate over temple runs, with phrases like "linear" and "only choice".

My question is, was this the best blueprint for the temple?

Would you put the pit out front? Would you make it a true block, with 4x2 or 4x3? Would you put a second moat? Who knows?

Obviously, blasphemy to the temple is unsaid, but have you ever thought about a better design for Olmec's temple?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Was it the best temple plan?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
I honestly liked how the temple was laid out and probably wouldn't change much. I mean the temple provided the players with many choices under normal circumstances.

I mean they had a choice of which entrance to take in the temple and whether it was a good decision or a trap.

In the Pit they had usually three choices on what route to take next under normal circumstances.

etc.

If I could change something though, I would've maybe add a third entrance room to match the three rooms on the opposite side of the pit. That way the player would have three choices on where to enter.

And you know how the Ancient Kings/Dark Forest had all those golden doors? I would've used one of those doors for a passageway leading to the Treasure Room/S2 King's Storeroom room space. This would give the player more choices in the Dark Forest room space.

Not sure if I would change anything else though.

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Was it the best temple plan?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »
I think the way it was laid out provided enough choices under most circumstances, but I think if there are too many choices, it just becomes daunting and confusing.  That's kinda why I liked how Season 3 took out the ladder connecting The Jester's Court to the room above.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends