Author Topic: Half-Pendant Locations  (Read 14675 times)

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Half-Pendant Locations
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
What I really want to know is where the half-pendant in "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship"? I mean really... this team only traveled through four rooms and no half-pendant in sight? I have to say it was in the Heart Room, but honestly I don't have a clue.

Could this be it (circled)?:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:13:45 PM by The Silver Monkey »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »
I always thought that the Room of Harmonic Convergence was a deadend in "Magellan" also. I mean, wasn't there a small noise made when Robert tried all of the steps in that room? It would've just seemed like a harsh deadend to me. Even Kirk seemed convinced that it was not a deadend.

Do you mean to say that you always thought that the room WASN'T a dead end?   ;)

Oops, I meant to say I always thought that wasn't a deadend. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

Why should that matter? There were plenty of episodes from Season 2 and 3 where the number of rooms between the half pendant and the final temple guard (or what would have been the final temple guard, in the event that the team did not encounter the third guard) wasn't the same; why can't that be true for Season 1 as well?

Just to name a few for reference: "Crown of Queen Nzinga" was one room away; "The Bifocal Monocle of One Eyed Jack" would have had to have been at least two rooms away (the half pendant was picked up in the Tomb of the Headless Kings, and there are no temple guards in the Jester's Court); and "The Mummified Hand of the Egyptian King" would have been either three or four rooms away from the final temple guard (the half pendant was on the left-hand column in the Chamber of the Sacred Markers, and the number of rooms to get to the Secret Password depended on if the contestant would have had to go up to the King's Storeroom or directly to the Ancient Warriors from the Sacred Markers). Either way, there was much variation in the number of rooms between picking up the half pendant, the room with the second guard, and the room with the final guard.

Like I said in an earlier post, "As nice as that trend seems, we automatically know that it does not hold true for every episode."

I don't really compare the season one temple with the later two season temples. By season two, there was a different set of producers that made the temple. That is why in season two the half-pendants were made much more easier than season one probably. Also, the season two 1.5 pendant teams usually got banked on for having a half-pendant where the producers set the team up where it wasn't possible to avoid 2/3 of the guards. So whatever trend occurred in season two or three, I don't really compare with season one.

I am not saying that all the half-pendants had to be one room away. Look at "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat", that proved that it wasn't always the case. And with your "Magellan" and "Jean Lafitte" pictures, its also possible those were the half-pendants after all and that the half-pendant wasn't always one room away. But alot of season one temple runs did have one room away half-pendants:

"Gordian Knot", "The Trojan Horseshoe", "King Tut's Cobra Staff", "Mata Hari", "Henry VIII's Great Seal", "Anne Bonny", etc. So it does kind of help narrowing it down. But yeah, it doesn't always mean that the half-pendant was one room away. But you have to admit that this pattern appears in a lot of season one runs.

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2012, 11:23:52 PM »
Your finding for "Elizabeth I's Golden Ship" seems plausible. The half pendant would have had to have been placed in a room prior to the Golden Idols, and I believe that the producers never put the half pendant in the Crypt or Ledges (or their respective rooms for alternate layouts). Also, upon watching the whole temple run clip, it seems that the second runner went around the BACK of the ladder leading to the Throne Room, while the area circled is on the FRONT SIDE of the ladder, explaining why she easily missed the half pendant if the circled object is it. A (potentially) very nice find, TRJ!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
And in response to TSM'S pic:

Yeah, I do see something circled on the ground. Good catch! Its hard to make out whether that object is a half-pendant or not. But it would be weird for a random piece of prop to be on the Heart Room floor. If that truly was the half-pendant, then it seemed like the season one production team loved throwing the half-pendants on the floor so early in the season. And how was Gabby and Joe suppose to find it laying there? I don't really blame them for this run ending in triple capture if that was the case.

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »
And in regards to Silver Saddle Horn:

Needless to say, one of the two things circled can't be the half pendant. I'm personally leaning towards the second circled thing being the half pendant.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:50 PM »
I am not saying that all the half-pendants had to be one room away. Look at "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat", that proved that it wasn't always the case. And with your "Magellan" and "Jean Lafitte" pictures, its also possible those were the half-pendants after all and that the half-pendant wasn't always one room away. But alot of season one temple runs did have one room away half-pendants:

"Gordian Knot", "The Trojan Horseshoe", "King Tut's Cobra Staff", "Mata Hari", "Henry VIII's Great Seal", "Anne Bonny", etc. So it does kind of help narrowing it down. But yeah, it doesn't always mean that the half-pendant was one room away. But you have to admit that this pattern appears in a lot of season one runs.

I am not saying that such a pattern doesn't exist; I agree that there are several episodes that have the half pendant one room away in Season One. I am simply saying that you cannot generalize "All Season One half pendant locations were one room away, so it wouldn't make sense for the half pendant to be located in this different spot for the sole reason that it is not a single room away from the last guard" because you need to account for the now-known outliers and potential other ones.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:31:09 PM by PurpleParrot4Life »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
Hey TSM, I went back and watched "The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan" because I had a feeling that temple run had a temple guard layout similar to "Golden Ship" where the last temple guard must've been in the Observatory or Golden Idols, and I also saw a small piece sitting on the Heart Room floor.

I couldn't make the image larger because it would've been too blurry. But you can go back and watch the run yourself (if you have the guts too.   :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2012, 11:38:55 PM »
Also, I know one of us can find the "Sultan Saladin" one too. Leah encountered a temple guard in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings and we know there was a guard in the Cave of Sighs. I imagine the last guard was in the Heart Room, creating a deadend or useless detour if the team tried for the direct path. So is it possible the half-pendant is in the Spider's Lair/Throne Room/Heart Room?

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »
I highly doubt that the half pendant for "Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal" was in the Throne Room (photo courtesy of video from youtube.com posted by ChargerTheWolf):):

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
Here's another screenshot for Cricket Cage:

Working on screenshots for Saladin right now.

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2012, 11:54:23 PM »
Hey TSM, I went back and watched "The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan" because I had a feeling that temple run had a temple guard layout similar to "Golden Ship" where the last temple guard must've been in the Observatory or Golden Idols, and I also saw a small piece sitting on the Heart Room floor.

I couldn't make the image larger because it would've been too blurry. But you can go back and watch the run yourself (if you have the guts too.   :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:)

I braved the temple run, and I agree that the object circled for the "Golden Cricket Cage" very well could be the half pendant. At around 1:08/1:09 on the temple run clock, that object-like-thing appears to be there also, and I doubt that it was part of the room "decoration" because there is nothing in the whole rest of the room that looks like it (either in shape or in color).

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »
OK, here's what I have for Saladin:

Once again, one or the other can't be the half pendant. I'm kid of leaning toward it being on the Throne's camera-left armrest, if just because what's on the sarcophagus in the Tomb doesn't seem to be the right size and shape.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2012, 11:57:55 PM »
Even better, you got a different shot with the circled object on the ground in the "Cricket Cage" temple run. It does make sense for the half-pendant to be there because its highly possible the final temple guard was in the Room of the Golden Idols or Observatory. After all, all the temple runs on that production day had temple guards that were in the front of the temple rather than the back. Not to mention, the "Golden Ship" and "Map to the Lost Gold Mine" kids met their last temple guard in the Golden Idols. So it makes sense the last temple guard was in the Golden Idols.

And did John or Tia even try the Heart Room-Golden Idols door? I honestly wished this ended in triple capture rather than seeing those two suck it up even more.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »

Once again, one or the other can't be the half pendant. I'm kid of leaning toward it being on the Throne's camera-left armrest, if just because what's on the sarcophagus in the Tomb doesn't seem to be the right size and shape.

With only your pictures for reference, I can say that I extremely doubt the half pendant is the circled object in the Tomb of Ancient Kings... it is significantly too small and would have been in the same room as the final temple guard (if we were to assume that the final guard was in a dead-end Heart Room that could be accessed from the Throne Room).

• Temple God
  • Olmec
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »

With only your pictures for reference, I can say that I extremely doubt the half pendant is the circled object in the Tomb of Ancient Kings... it is significantly too small and would have been in the same room as the final temple guard (if we were to assume that the final guard was in a dead-end Heart Room that could be accessed from the Throne Room).

The third guard had to be either in there or in the Pirates' Cove, since we know that the other guard that Lea didn't encounter was in the Cave of Sighs, and she entered all of the other rooms.