Author Topic: My dream temple run  (Read 614 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
My dream temple run
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »
So I've been thinking about what my temple run would be like if I ever got on LotHT. Here's how it would go:

This episode's legend is about The Sapphire Ankh of Anubis. I am teamed up with girl that's taller than me and we are......the Purple Parrots! After finishing 3rd in The Moat, Olmec tells us about Anubis and the Sapphire Ankh. Then we find out that the Ankh is located in The Shrine of the Silver Monkey. We manage to finish 2nd in The Steps of Knowledge behind the Red Jaguars, who swept the first 3 questions to advance. This team also finished 1st in The Moat by the way. So we enter The Temple Games thinking we have a small chance of winning against this smart and physical Red Jaguars team. In the first game, we just barely squeak out a win and we acquire a half pendant. We are now feeling good about ourselves. Then in the second game, we get stomped and the Red Jaguars acquire the other half pendant. Finally, we enter the last temple game thinking we got a real shot at beating this team. We focus on the task at hand and that focus and determination pays off as we win a trip to the temple with one and a half pendant!

So now it's time to traverse the temple. Both me and my partner pay close attention to what Olmec tells us. When he asks us who's going in first, it's me that says "I am!". I'm going in first because I've always wanted to enter that temple. My partner doesn't mind this as she is okay with having to clean house. We then find out what the prizes are: for getting in the temple, we get an RC car; for getting the Ankh before time is up, we get a 3-in-1 gaming table with Foosball, hockey, and billiards; for bringing the Ankh out of the temple in time, we get a trip to the Bahamas! Before I forget, this run takes place in season 2. The layout is the third one. This is the one with The Troubled Bridge/Rock Quarry and The Lightning Ball Room.

Now it’s REALLY time for me to run through the temple. After Kirk Fogg says “Go!”, I go, in a flash! In just 6 seconds, I’m already in The Crypt pulling a book, and then another book. The second book I pull (the one to the left of the temple guard door) opens the door leading to The Troubled Bridge. I hit the actuator leading to The Observatory hoping it will open, and it does. With 2:48 left on the clock, I’ve already opened the door to The Observatory (yeah, I’m fast, and that’s how you gotta do it). So I make my way up to The Observatory where I have to align four pieces of the stone column together to open a door. I do that and both doors open with 2:31 left. Do I go into Medusa’s Lair? Nope, I go straight to The King’s Storeroom because I know The Shrine of the Silver Monkey is to the left of that room. With 2:25 left, the first pot I smash (the one closest to me when I enter) has the red dynamite stick key in it (I picked up the pot and smashed it on top of the stand it was sitting on; I was too afraid to punch it because I feared getting a cut if I did). The first hole I put the key in doesn’t work (the one the key was found on). I try the one closest to TSotSM after knocking that stand’s pot off and that one works. Darn, the door to TSotSM doesn’t open. :(

I better make another paragraph here and I better find another route. So I look to see if the floor door for The Swamp has opened and it has. I make my way down and immediately I drop down to The Swamp. 2:13 is now left on the clock and the camera quickly pans to my partner cheering me on. The camera quickly sees me hitting the actuator on the right and that door opens (that’s the first one I tried). With 2:04 left on the clock, I make my way into The Dark Forest and I quickly bust through the wall leading me into The Mine Shaft. I peek to my right and I have encountered my first temple guard. I quickly hand him my pendant and I quickly climb the ladder leading me to TSotSM. Again, the door doesn’t open, so I have to ride the slow elevator up into The Lightning Room. Man, is this thing slow or what? As I’m riding the elevator, I’m thinking “A temple guard’s in there, a temple guard’s in there!” With 1:38 left on the clock, I’m out of the elevator and I quickly plug the cords into the base of the lightning ball hoping that a temple guard doesn’t come out. No guard. Thank goodness!

The cords are in and with 1:30 left on the clock, the door to TSotSM opens and I’ve got The Sapphire Ankh of Anubis! I quickly run through The King’s Storeroom, then up to The Observatory, then across The Troubled Bridge, and finally through The Crypt. Down the stairs I go, and with 1:10 left on the clock, the victory music starts. WE WIN!!! Me, my partner, Kirk, and the crowd are ecstatic! I was thankful I wasn’t caught by a second temple guard (I’m assuming the other two were hiding in The Ledges and Medusa’s Lair; you always expect a guard to be in one of the first rooms and as for Medusa’s Lair, it had to be a trap room in case I didn't notice the open King's Storeroom). Oh yeah, we won all three prizes! :D

I also must add that the hidden half pendant was on the Observatory actuator from The Troubled Bridge/Rock Quarry. This also marks the second time in the shows history that a temple guard was hiding in The Mine Shaft (the other run being The Golden Earring of Henry Morgan). Also, if any season 2, layout 3 run is getting replaced by this run, it has to be The Lost Lion Tail of Little John.

I also might provide Kirk Fogg commentary very soon.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:58:11 PM by Terrible Claude »

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: My dream temple run
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:18:52 PM »
I’m only going to post Kirk’s commentary for the temple run. Here it is:

“On your mark, get set, GO! There he goes, into the temple. This team has one and a half pendants. He’s in The Crypt room. Which door will open? That one will take him across The Troubled Bridge. Will that door open? Yes it will. He’s moving fast! He knows you've got to move fast. Now he’s in The Observatory where he will have to align the stone column to open a door. He’s aligning them, and…he’s got it. He’s going into Medusa’s Lair, no. He’s going into The King’s Storeroom where he’s just one room away from The Sapphire Ankh of Anubis! He will have to smash the pots to find a key. Oh, and he’s already got it! Will that one work? No, he’ll have to try another hole. Will it open? Yes! Which door opened? Is it The Shrine of the Silver Monkey? I guess not, he’s going down, down into The Swamp! Wow, he jumps right off! Nice move, now he’s got to find a door that will open. There, that one works. Now he’s into The Dark Forest where he will have to put his han…oh, no, he just busts through the wall and whoa! A temple guard, but that’s ok, he gives the temple guard his pendant. Now he’s going to try and go into The Shrine of the Silver Monkey! Ohhh, that door won’t open, so he’s going to have to take the elevator up. Up into The Lightning Ball Room. If he gets into The Lightning Room, he’ll be just one room away from The Silver Ankh of Anubis. Oh, he doesn’t think that elevator will ever get up. He’s been moving very fast though; it’s a good time to catch his breath. Now he’s out and he now has to plug the cords in. Is he going to do this himself? There’s one, there’s two, there’s three, there’s four! It’s open! There he goes, he’s got The Ankh! All the doors are open, all the temple guards have vanished! He’s just got to make it out of the temple in time! Up into The Observatory. Across The Troubled Bridge. He’s in The Crypt, he’s going to do it! He’s done it! They got it all! What a sensational run! They get the RC car, they get the game table, and they get the trip to the Bahamas! What a fast and amazing run! They’re excited, I’m excited, everyone is excited! We have to go. Join us again next time for another great adventure, and another legend of the hidden temple. Good bye!”
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:05:10 PM by Terrible Claude »

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »
Sorry if this was too long. I just wanted to get this dream out and put it in here. I think it's pretty good. What do you think?

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
I've been thinking about this run again. To me, it just seems unreal. Have I gone overboard with this dream run or is it ok?

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »
I think it's really good for a first attempt at writing a Temple Run. Take it from someone who knows: it takes experience to write a really good episode/Temple Run. ;)

If you plan to write any more, I'd suggest reading over a few Runs from episodes posted here, especially TAW's. IMO, his Temple Runs are exciting and detailed as well as realistic.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 11:28:47 PM by The Bandit King »
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
I think it's really good for a first attempt at writing a Temple Run.

Take it from someone who knows: it takes experience to write a really good episode/Temple Run. ;)

Do you see anything in my write-up that could be improved?

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 03:10:29 PM »
Really, my run through the temple is starting to seem unrealistic now that I think about it. I mean, 10 seconds just to open the door to the Observatory? I think that sounds absurd. I mean, I'm fast, but that doesn't seem possible.

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
Don't worry about it too much...it's still a good read.  I had the same problem with realistic speed when writing my Temple Runs.
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
Same here, hahah.  I think it's tempting for a lot of fanfic writers here to make larger-than-life Temple Runs, actually, so you're definitely not alone.  I'd recommend watching plenty of the older episodes or using Ed's Temple Runner game (or better yet, both :P) as a guide to see how your time management with this episode matches up with most of the players on the show.  You'll find there's some parts that don't really vary too much (even the fastest players in the show always took at least five seconds to enter the Crypt from the starting point, for example), and those could really help you time things.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:03:53 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
Thanks guys. What's this Temple Runner game you speak of?

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
Well, seeing that's downloadable, I might have to download that and try it out on the computer at my dad's house. I don't want to download stuff like this onto my laptop. I use this laptop for school and forums. I'll have to remember to try this out sometime.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
Oh, what the heck? I'll try to download it and give it a try.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Ok, so I downloaded it and after seeing that my layout from my dream run wasn't included, I had to use the layout designer to make my dream run come to life (there were two things different from Temple Runner: the book from the Crypt that opened the Pit was the one I didn't even pull in my dream run and in the King's Storeroom, the pot closest to the Shrine had the key). My first time playing my own run and I beat it with 34 seconds left. Wow, a 48 second difference between my dream run and Temple Runner. I didn't bother altering the skill level between the two players because I didn't see the point in that.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 06:55:06 PM »
Quadruple post ftw! :roll:

So I didn't know you had to alter the skill level right before you start your run. I thought you could do that during the run. :P So I maxed out the skill for player 1 and I beat my dream run with 109 seconds to spare, that's equivalent to 1 minute and 49 seconds left! Talk about unrealistic. :roll:

Edit: Just experienced my first two losses in the two hardest layouts already given to me. In the hardest layout, a third temple guard ended my run. The background picture for this loss was the same whenever you get caught by a guard. In the second hardest layout, I ran out of time. I was expecting a picture of Chris from the Golden Pepperoni being on his knees after Aqila passed the Pepperoni to show up. Instead, a picture of Jennifer from the Dragon Lady and the Blue Pearl appeared (trying to reach it and just missing). I'll admit, I laughed at that picture showing up after I lost. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:06:34 PM by PurpleParrot319 »