Author Topic: Where were the temple guards?  (Read 6387 times)

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Where were the temple guards?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 01:59:18 AM »
My notes for those:

THE ENORMOUS IRON NOSE RING OF BABE THE OX:
I had the same thoughts as you, but I'm also considering the Observatory for what should be obvious reasons.  Although this episode does point out something potentially important.  Just because the player isn't caught in the Dark Forest doesn't mean there wasn't one in there.  Although unless finding the key is the only option, they usually put the guard in the tree by the breakable stone door so that it can catch them.

THE VERY TALL TURBAN OF AHMED BABA:
No doubt about it.

THE PLUMED HEADDRESS OF COSARARA:
I'm not so sure about that.  When the second player is coming through the Rock Quarry, we can see that the Troubled Bridge-Observatory door is still shut, and considering the path, I'm sure the diagonal Shrine-Mine Shaft passage would have opened, so I'm thinking it was in the Crypt.  The Lightning Ball Room is still a possibility, but a slim one.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
For 'The Very Tall Turban of Ahmed Baba', Shane did skip the trees entirely. You can't rule out that possibilty.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2011, 04:35:47 AM »
Well, what I'm saying is that if they had the option to not even bother, they'd put the temple guard in the left side tree, that way it still might be able to catch them.  There have been many examples of this.

EDIT: Also, if they do make the key available, they'll put the temple guard in the same tree as the key.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:39:30 AM by The Headless King »
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »
Actually, I think the trees weren't supposed to catch any players unless they reached into them.  It didn't happen that way in several of the early Season 2 episodes, mind you, but later on, they would only catch players who actually tried searching for the key.  For example, Paula should not have met any Temple Guards, technically speaking— she didn't even reach into the trees, but one of them caught her as she was passing through the room anyway. ;) I don't think there was a Temple Spirit in either of the trees in the Ahmed Baba episode, personally, but it's still possible.

Otherwise, with the Cosa Rara episode, I'm on THK's side with this one, but that might only be because it looks like the Pirate Captain configuration (except for the correct entrance room and the half-Pendant placement).  I didn't really see the Troubled Bridge-Observatory door open myself, either.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:13:18 PM by The Ancient Warrior »
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:34 PM »
I agree with you now about the Cosa Rara guard being the Crypt. I was thinking that the Observatory door was open from the bridge because the giant stone door was down. But I forgot that the giant stone door leading to the Pit was installed in season three and not in season two. So the only sensual place then would be in the Crypt, which means the team would've probably been forced down from there if they chose to go that in that room.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »
Okay, I am going to finish up the S2L3 episodes and do S2L4 episodes also since there is only 4 of them. Also, half of the runs involved all 3 encounters, and the other ones mostly had predictable guards, so no need for much reasearch on these ones.

THE SHRIVELED HAND OF EFOUA
-- The King's Storeroom (encountered)
-- Medusa's Lair (encountered)
-- The Ledges? (it had to be a bottom room of the temple. Unless the Laser Light Room door opened from the Rock Quarry, I think the last guard would've been in the Ledges.)

THE MASK OF THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK
-- Medusa's Lair (encountered)
-- The Swamp (encountered)
-- The Crypt? (it would be similar to the other runs where the artifact would be in the Observatory, and it would be a trap guard if the team was dumb enough to take the direct path)

THE CROWN OF QUEEN NZINGA
-- The Laser Light Room (encountered)
-- The Dark Forest (encountered)

THE TWO-CORNERED HAT OF NAPOLEON
-- The Crypt (encountered)

THE SILK SASH OF MULAN
-- The Observatory (encountered)

THE GOLDEN GOBLET OF ATTILA THE HUN
-- Meusa's Lair (encountered)
-- The Ledges
-- The Room of the Secret Password

Okay this one is kind of tricky. Rachelle entered almost every room of the temple except the Ledges, Dark Forest, and Room of the Secret Password. She also found the half-pendant on the Medusa's Lair actuator. My guess for the other two temple guards would be in the Ledges and the Room of the Secret Password since it would make little sense for the guard to be in Dark Forest because the room is locked from the Jester's COurt

THE LEOPARD SKIN CLOAK OF ANNIE OAKLEY
-- The Ledges (the only other room the team did not enter was the Observatory, but I doubt the producers would put another guard one room away from the temple, or even make the contestants go into the room.)

THE SNAKESKIN BOOTS OF BILLY THE KID
-- The Room of the Secret Password? (it can't be Medusa's Lair or the Observatory because both doors were locked when Kelly tried them. The King's Storeroom did not open from the Jester's Court either.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:29:21 PM by The Red Jaguars »

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 01:03:33 AM »
My notes for these:

THE SHRIVELED HAND OF EFOUA:
Like I've said before for many episodes, it should be possible to run into all three guards, especially considering the team in this episode had two pendants.  The only two options are that the guard was in the Ledges which would force them up into the Crypt or it was in the Dark Forest, although that makes it inevitable they would hit all three guards.  (That is still a possibility since they had two pendants.)

THE  MASK OF THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK:
It could only have been in the Crypt or the Lightning Ball Room.  (They entered the King's Storeroom at the last seconds so the temple guard still would have appeared)  To me, the Lightning Ball Room sounds stupid as an option since the Mine Shaft-Shrine passage opened.

THE GOLDEN GOBLET OF ATTILA THE HUN:
One pretty much had to be in the Ledges for triple capture to be possible.  For the other one, I'm leaning towards the Room of the Secret Password, although I think the Shrine-Mine Shaft door would have opened anyway.

THE LEOPARD-SKIN CLOAK OF ANNIE OAKLEY:
I'm really convinced it was in the Ledges for two reasons.  One, they already went through enough rooms that the Storeroom-Medusa's Lair door should have opened.  Two, if they hit a temple guard in the Ledges, the first player would have been removed in the Laser Light Room, as opposed to one room away, making that simple choice of which room to enter from ultimately decide how difficult the run would be.

THE SNAKESKIN BOOTS OF BILLY THE KID:
The Room of the Secret Password seems like the only possibility, although it seems stupid to me since there should be no incentive to enter that room.  The only other option I can think of is if the door up from the Laser Light Room did open, and to me, that really doesn't seem all that unlikely.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 01:16:31 AM »
For 'The Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun', you can hear the sound of the Dark Forest Door opening in the Jester's Court.

Likewise, you can hear the sound of the King's Storeroom door opening in the Jester's Court for the 'Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid'.

It's possible that a guard was in each of the rooms I mentioned for each run.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 03:16:25 AM »
For 'The Golden Goblet of Atilla the Hun', you can hear the sound of the Dark Forest Door opening in the Jester's Court.

Likewise, you can hear the sound of the King's Storeroom door opening in the Jester's Court for the 'Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid'.

I always thought the sound was the same no matter what door opened.  I thought it was just a matter of seeing which door opened.  Obviously that's difficult since the lights go out, but you would be able to see incoming light at the top of the room or you would be able to make out the color difference for the side doors.

By the way, I should have clarified this, but what I was thinking for the Snakeskin Boots was that the door up from the Laser Light Room could have opened up an alternate path through the central column and through the King's Storeroom instead of through the bottom floor.  The problem is it's really hard to see whether that door leading up did or didn't open.
Legends fan since 2004

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 03:21:08 AM »
Actually, I think the trees weren't supposed to catch any players unless they reached into them.  It didn't happen that way in several of the early Season 2 episodes, mind you, but later on, they would only catch players who actually tried searching for the key.  For example, Paula should not have met any Temple Guards, technically speaking— she didn't even reach into the trees, but one of them caught her as she was passing through the room anyway. ;) I don't think there was a Temple Spirit in either of the trees in the Ahmed Baba episode, personally, but it's still possible.

Well, that did also happen to some contestants in Season 3.  In the Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Miriam was captured in the Dark Forest, but never tried to reach in.  That's the only instance I can name off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that happened to a few more people.

EDIT: Although I think sometimes they did wait until the player reached in, but I always thought that was just a matter of actually being able to grab them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:24:06 AM by The Headless King »
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
THE SHRIVELED HAND OF EFOUA:
Like I've said before for many episodes, it should be possible to run into all three guards, especially considering the team in this episode had two pendants.  The only two options are that the guard was in the Ledges which would force them up into the Crypt or it was in the Dark Forest, although that makes it inevitable they would hit all three guards.  (That is still a possibility since they had two pendants.)

You know, I kind of agree with you there. It is possible that the last guard could be in the Dark Forest since the second kid was too stupid to plow through the wall. Also, it wouldn't be the first run where a team was forced to encounter all three temple guards. "Alexander and the Gordian Knot" and "The Discarded-Seal of Ivan the Terrible" all had unavoidable temple guards. It just depends on how much the producers are banking on the team.

THE  MASK OF THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK:
It could only have been in the Crypt or the Lightning Ball Room.  (They entered the King's Storeroom at the last seconds so the temple guard still would have appeared)  To me, the Lightning Ball Room sounds stupid as an option since the Mine Shaft-Shrine passage opened.

It is possible that the Lightning Ball Room did have a temple guard, perhaps if the producers were thinking that the kids would take the elevator rather than trying the Mine-Shrine passage. But I still have to go with the Crypt because of the whole direct path thing.

One pretty much had to be in the Ledges for triple capture to be possible.  For the other one, I'm leaning towards the Room of the Secret Password, although I think the Shrine-Mine Shaft door would have opened anyway.

Its possible that the Secret Password would only open up though, similar to "The Lost Logbooks of Magellan". Its not too far of a reach even though the layout looks long. Rachelle did add two extra rooms to her layout also.

THE LEOPARD-SKIN CLOAK OF ANNIE OAKLEY:
I'm really convinced it was in the Ledges for two reasons.  One, they already went through enough rooms that the Storeroom-Medusa's Lair door should have opened.  Two, if they hit a temple guard in the Ledges, the first player would have been removed in the Laser Light Room, as opposed to one room away, making that simple choice of which room to enter from ultimately decide how difficult the run would be.

Yeah, it had to be in the Ledges. I don't think the producers would ever use the Observatory as a temple guard placement in  center of the temple runs. It would also make the one room away run more simple as you said.

THE SNAKESKIN BOOTS OF BILLY THE KID:
The Room of the Secret Password seems like the only possibility, although it seems stupid to me since there should be no incentive to enter that room.  The only other option I can think of is if the door up from the Laser Light Room did open, and to me, that really doesn't seem all that unlikely.

I agree that it does seem kind of weird, but it could also be similar to "the Diary of Dr. Livingstone" where they might expect the team to jump right into the elevator rather than trying the Shrine door, which does happen in a few runs (Annie Oakley, Ahmed Baba, the Two-Cornered Hat of Napoleon)

Not sure if the door to the Dark Forest opened in Attila the Hun, but if it did, I would assume the Mine Shaft wall would be locked similar to Keys to the Alhambra and the Imperial Purple Robe.

The King's Storeroom door definitely did not open in Billy the Kid though. You would be able to tell because of the light from the room above.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 02:51:28 PM »
I might as well knock out the rest of season 2:

THE GOLDEN PEPPERONI OF CATHARINE DE' MEDICI

THE GOLDEN EARRING OF HENRY MORGAN
-- The Mine Shaft (encountered)
-- The Ledges? (since they had one pendant, one of the guards had to be avoidable. Usually one pendant runs involves a guard being in one of the entrance rooms of the temple. I also don't think they would have guards back to back in the Mine Shaft and Secret Password.)

THE MILK BUCKET OF FREYDIS
-- The Crypt? (direct path guard)
-- The Mine Shaft? (I am not sure if the Room of the Mandarin Hand door opened, but she never plowed through the wall.)

Interesting enough, this run shares the exact same layout as "the Belly Button of Buddha". I am not sure if the Room of the Mandarin Hand opened when she completed the Laser Light room objective, but its also possible that the guard was in there too.

THE MISSIGN WEATHER MAPS OF CHARLES LINDBERGH
-- The Ledges (encountered)
-- The Shrine of the Silver Monkey (encountered)

THE LEVITATING DOG LEASH OF NOSTRADAMUS
-- The Room of the Mandarin Hand (encountered)
-- The Ledges?

It had to be the Ledges in this run. The door to the Observatory was locked when Elizabeth tried it from the Pit. Also, the room leading to the Jester's Court from the Laser Light room was also locked. And since Jason found the half-pendant on the Laser Light Room actuator, that means one of the temple guards had to be before the Laser Light Room.

THE BROKEN WING OF ICARUS
-- ?
-- ?

This one is kind of tricky to be honest. He did not bother entering any of the left rooms of the temple at all. I would imagine one guard might have been there. Perhaps the other one was in the Ledges?

THE BONNET OF DOLLEY MADISON
-- The Ledges (encountered)
-- The King's Storeroom
-- ?

For the last one, it had to be either in the Secret Password, Room of the Mandarin Hand or Laster Light room. You can see that the Room of the Mandarin Hand was open when Matt completed the Observatory objective. It looks like the Room of the Secret Password was locked after Ashlie completed the monkey.

THE PRICELESS PORTRAIT OF THE POLYNESIAN GIRL

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:53:01 PM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
THE GOLDEN EARRING OF HENRY MORGAN
-- The Mine Shaft (encountered)
-- The Ledges? (since they had one pendant, one of the guards had to be avoidable. Usually one pendant runs involves a guard being in one of the entrance rooms of the temple. I also don't think they would have guards back to back in the Mine Shaft and Secret Password.)

It's very possible that the extra guard was in the Room of the Secret Password, as a way to add insult to injury for the team if they had taken the longest route possible.  Remember that Ashley found the key in the Dark Forest, but did not use it to go up; had she done so, it would have been a solo win for the team.  Loading both of the back rooms with Temple Guards has happened before, and it's a good way to complicate things if teams forget the shortcuts.

THE BROKEN WING OF ICARUS
-- ?
-- ?

This one is kind of tricky to be honest. He did not bother entering any of the left rooms of the temple at all. I would imagine one guard might have been there. Perhaps the other one was in the Ledges?

Another possibility could have been the Laser Light Room, although it wasn't very clear if the door had opened.  Combined with the Ledges, that could have been a sort of reverse-psychology trap for teams trying to start low, but who knows? :lol:
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »
Once again, please refrain from continuing until I have completed my notes for Season 3.  It shouldn't take long though, because Season 3 is a lot easier.
Legends fan since 2004

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 11:38:12 PM »

Its possible that the Secret Password would only open up though, similar to "The Lost Logbooks of Magellan". Its not too far of a reach even though the layout looks long. Rachelle did add two extra rooms to her layout also.

Actually, I looked back at the episode and she only entered one unnecessary room, which was the Observatory.  She could have cut straight to Medusa's Lair from the Pit, but after Medusa's Lair, she was forced down the path she took and could not have taken any other shortcuts.
Legends fan since 2004