Author Topic: Where were the temple guards?  (Read 5933 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Where were the temple guards?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:17:28 AM »
Hell, I am going to do S1L9 also since 3/4 of the episodes temple guard encountered are known.

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA'S HEADDRESS
-- The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
-- The Room of Fallen Columns (encountered)
-- The Treasury of the Golden Orbs (encountered)

THE COLLAR OF DAVY CROCKETT
-- The Throne Room (encountered)
-- The Observatory (encountered)
-- The Room of the Royal Gongs (it was the only room of the temple that was not locked and unentered. It also makes sense since the team did have one pendant, so that the last guard would be in a dead end entrance room).

THE SNAKE BRACELET OF CLEOPATRA
-- The Treasury of the Golden Orbs (encountered)
-- The Cave of Sighs? (We do not know if the bottom floor of the temple would've been accessible during this run. Since the team did have one pendant though, it would make sense to put the other temple guard in an entrance room similar to Davy Crockett.)

THE TREASURE OF ANNE BONNY
-- The Room of the Royal Gongs (encountered)
-- The Throne Room (encountered)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:18:07 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 07:28:34 AM »
Please, nobody go any further just yet.  I'm still compiling my information for Season 2.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 07:46:19 AM »
Notes on S1L8:

For 'King Tut's Cobra Staff', the credits already showed the guard in the Cave of Sighs.

For 'Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat', if the guard were in the Throne Room, the run would end very quickly if the only door open was to the Heart Room, unless the door to the Holes of Python was open and the door from there to the Treasure Room was unlocked.

Notes on S1L9:

Considering that the team in 'The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra' had one and a half pendants and since the last guard should be the one in the Treasury of Golden Orbs, it's still a bit hard to consider where the other guard may be.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:58:47 AM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
Well, I won't continue onto the second season then if you are still working on it. Although it should not be anywhere as hard as the first season as the temple guard placement is a little more predictable, and a lot of the runs had all three temple guard encounters. Plus the half-pendant runs are also more easy to predict where the other guards would be.

I forgot that "the Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra" was a 1.5 temple run. But the tricky part of the season one runs is that almost all of the season one runs with half-pendants had much more complex temple guard placements compared to the later seasons. Also, you have to remember that the half-pendants were never really found in the first season.

I guess though for "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat", the last guard being in the Throne Room makes little sense, which would mean the other two temple guards would appear in consecutive rooms. We also do not know where the half-pendant is also. But I guess maybe the Cave of Sighs make more sense.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »
Alright, I'm ready to move on.

Here's Season 2 Layout 1: (I'm including The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale here)

THE SILVER HORSESHOE OF BUTCH CASSIDY:
-Encountered Guards: Dark Forest
-Unencountered guards: If you notice that while she is returning with the Horseshoe, the doors in the King's Storeroom that the temple guards use is opened.  I'm thinking this is evidence that a temple guard was there, although I have no clue why the door would be open.  Now, since they had a single pendant, at least one guard was avoidable (we can see that two of them were), but it should still be possible to encounter all of them, so in attempt to work out a path that would satisfy this, I can only figure that the other temple guard should be in either the Crypt or the Observatory. (the Shrine is also possible, but seems unlikely)

THE SECRET BATTLE PLAN OF NATHAN HALE:
-Encountered Guards: Crypt, Observatory, King's Storeroom

THE GOLDEN STALLION OF ALI BABA:
-Encountered Guards: Throne Room, Heart Room, Dark Forest

THE SILVER CANNONBALL OF GRANDY NANNY:
-Encountered Guards: Ledges, King's Storeroom, Shrine of the Silver Monkey

Wow, I just realized there isn't a single unencountered guard from episode 42 on until episode 47 (The Diary of Doctor Livingstone

Also, I want to remind you guys to be careful of covering too many episodes too fast.
Legends fan since 2004

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:15 AM »
In The Snake Bracelet of Cleopatra, the temple guard was DEFINITELY in the Cave of Sighs, and I have not one, but TWO pictures to prove it.

Here's one where we catch a glimpse of him as she is returning with the Bracelet

Not convinced?  Here's one during the credits roll.

Who's awesome?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:27:14 AM by The Headless King »
Legends fan since 2004

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:53 AM »
I was trying to see if there was a guard there, but the quality was too horrible.
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Asian Legends Fan

• Olmec
  • Vittujen kev├Ąt ja kyrpien takatalvi, perkele!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 01:52:38 AM »
Higher quality screencap:

You can see his headdress and a pendant hanging off him in the corner.
Seen all 120 episodes.
Legends fan since 2002.

Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

Favorite Season: Season Two

There's no recess and no rules in the school of life.
Brothers and sisters in metal together will conquer the evil as one.

As I begin this journey through my times
Notes will be spilled under childish rhymes
Of all the things that make me mad
Incomprehensible and iron-clad

Whaddya mean I don't believe in God?! I've talked to him thrice in the Megadeth chatroom!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 02:02:13 AM »
Good find on the Snake Bracelet episode! That was my original guess for the hiding place of the last guard as I imagined that the producers most likely locked the bottom floor of the temple. Too bad we can never see where the half-pendant is located at.

I went back and rewatched "Pecos Bill's Lost Lariat" to look for a temple guard in the Cave of Sighs, but I did not see any at all. You can tell during the credits that there is no guard sitting there. But an interesting note though is that the temple guard door is slightly cracked open during the temple rundown. But the Shrine-Tomb door does not unlock anyways when Chris puts the monkey together.

I also noticed the opened temple guard door in "the Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy" a while back. I think this is good evidence that a temple guard is suppose to be in there. Not saying that there is one for sure, but it is strange that the door is propped open like that.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »
yeah, there wasn't a lot to discuss with S2L1, so on we go.

Here's the first half of S2L2:

THE WALKING STICK OF HARRIET TUBMAN:
-Encountered Guards: Throne Room, Shrine of the Silver Monkey, Crypt

THE LOST LOVE LETTER OF CAPTAIN JOHN SMITH:
-Encountered Guards: Throne Room, Medusa's Lair, Shrine of the Silver Monkey

THE DIARY OF DOCTOR LIVINGSTONE:
-Encountered Guards: Throne Room, Dark Forest
-Unencountered Guards:  I have picture evidence that the other guard was in the Ledges. This picture was from Olmec's rundown.

I apologize for the low quality, but you can definitely see the figure down in the area where they hide.

THE BONE NECKLACE OF THE BLACKFEET CHIEF:
-Encountered Guards: Swamp, Dark Forest
-Unencountered Guards: The temple guard could have been in the Crypt or in Medusa's Lair.  All other rooms seem very unlikely as possibilities.  The only reason I'm considering Medusa's Lair is that in the Throne Room, the passage up opens. (It's hard to see, but I'm really thinking that it did.)

THE MUSH POT HAT OF JOHNNY APPLESEED:
-Encountered Guards: Crypt, King's Storeroom
-Unencountered Guards: The only room that seems remotely likely is Medusa's Lair.  They wouldn't put the temple guard in the Ledges, otherwise one would be in both entrance rooms, and the Throne Room, Swamp, and Dark Forest seem too far out of the way of the path they did take.  Also, from the Observatory, the door down to Medusa's Lair opened, so I'm guessing the door from the pit to Medusa's Lair would have opened, but the door from Medusa's Lair to the King's Storeroom would have been locked.

THE CRACKED CROWN OF THE SPANISH KING:
-Encountered Guards: Ledges, Throne Room, Dark Forest
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
Well, keep in mind the players in "The Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief" went directly up from the Dark Forest.  I realize there were barely ever any guards encountered in the leftmost rooms, but it could have been there that time, only unencountered. ;)
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
THE IMPERIAL PURPLE ROBE OF EMPRESS THEODORA:
- The Dark Forest
- The Shrine of the Silver Monkey
- ? (The Ledges seems plausible, but I'm not sure what other doors would open considering the path they took)

THE STONE HEAD OF THE EVIL KING:
- The Throne Room
- Medusa's Lair
- The King's Storeroom

THE LUCKY MEDALLION OF ATOCHA:
- The Ledges
- ?
- ? (The Swamp and the Throne Room are my only options. Looking at the Temple Run, the Forest/Shrine passage didn't open. They wouldn't put a guard in a locked room)

THE APPLEWOOD AMULET OF EMILIANO ZAPATA:
- Medusa's Lair
- The King's Storeroom
- ? (The Crypt is the only one I can think of. The half pendant was on the actuator to Medusa's Lair which would have meant that door would be the only one that could open)

THE ELECTRIFIED KEY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN:
- Medusa's Lair
- The King's Storeroom
- ? (The Crypt because the door from the Shrine to the Viper's Nest didn't open and the playes were in every other room already)

THE LUCKY PILLOW OF ANNIE TAYLOR:
- The Throne Room
- ? (The Mine Shaft is a possible option. In those episodes where the artifact was on the top floor, the player may need to climb up from either the Golden Doors area or the bottom left corner. If they can climb up to the Shrine from the Dark Forest and there's no guard there, the Mine Shaft would seem like the best choice)
- ? (The Crypt since usually one pendant runs have a guard in an entrance room, or the Observatory if they wanted to make the players fall for the trap of the Observatory door opening.)

I'm not 100% positive on these, though.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:09:21 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
Pretty good predictions for the next set of S2L2 runs.

For "the Imperial Purple Robe of Empress Theodora", I do think the last guard was in the Ledges. I know the door leading to the King's Storeroom did not open when he completed the monkey. The only other place for the guard would be in one of the central column rooms.

Also, I think you nailed "the Lucky Medallion of Atocha" locations. Ty entered all the rooms on the top floor, and since the Dark Forest was indeed locked, the other two had to be in the Throne Room and Swamp. Makes sense because those were direct path rooms in this run.

For "the Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata", that is where I believe the last guard was also. Since the producers loved banking on half-pendant teams in season two, the guard definitely had to be in the Crypt.

No complaints either for "the Electrified-Key of Benjamin Franklin" either. And to think Michelle almost ran into that room also.

For "the Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor", one of the guards had to be in the Crypt. I believe the other one would be in the Mine Shaft, but the Viper's Nest is possible too I guess.

• E. Deity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
My notes for these episodes:  (I really think you were right on with most of these)

THE IMPERIAL PURPLE ROBE OF EMPRESS THEODORA:
Yes, I think it could really only be the Ledges, because as I've said before on some runs, it should be possible to run into all three, and such a path through any of the other rooms seems much too cruel for the players.

THE LUCKY MEDALLION OF ATOCHA:
I disagree with you here.  Obviously, it had to be on the bottom path, but I think it was the Throne Room and the Dark Forest.  As Ty is returning, he runs through the Swamp and the material jiggles around a lot with no indication of a body laying around.  And really, since the artifact was in the corner room, a direct path doesn't seem all that implausible, especially since it does happen in the Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata.  Speaking of which...

THE APPLEWOOD AMULET OF EMILIANO ZAPATA:
Yeah, only the Crypt seems like it, considering that pretty much no doors other than the path they took opened.

THE ELECTRIFIED KEY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN:
Yeah, definitely had to be the Crypt.

THE LUCKY PILLOW OF ANNIE TAYLOR:
I do think one was in the Crypt, but not the Observatory.  I really don't think they'd be cruel enough to try and do something like that so close to the artifact.  I'm thinking the other one was in the Mine Shaft, because I'm pretty sure in the Shrine, both the Mine Shaft and Viper's Nest doors open, so I doubt they'd bank on them entering TWO completely unnecessary rooms.
Legends fan since 2004

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »
I am going through most of the S2L3 runs now since that is one of my favorite layouts on the show. Also, most of the runs contain all three temple guard encounters.

THE MISSING EYE OF DAVID:
-- Medusa's Lair (encountered)
-- The Laser Light Room (encountered)
-- The Swamp (encountered)

THE ENOURMOUS IRON NOSE RING OF BABE:
-- The Dark Forest (you can see one of the limbs of the trees move when Joel breaks through the wall.)
-- The Crypt? (see note below)
-- Medusa's Lair? (see note below)

The team did have 1.5 pendants entering the temple. During the temple rundown, you can tell the half-pendant is located on the Observatory actuator. I am guessing since it was a direct path, one of the guards would be in the Crypt, and the other one might've been in Medusa's Lair.

THE VERY TALL TURBAN OF AHMED BABA:
-- The Crypt (direct path guard, only one of two rooms not entered by Shane)
-- Medusa's Lair (trap room, only one of two rooms not entered by Shane)

THE IVORY ELEPHANT OF SCHEHERAZADE
-- The Ledges (encountered)
-- The King's Storeroom (encountered)
-- The Dark Forest (encountered)

THE SACRED RING OF SULTAN SULEIMAN:
-- The Obbservatory (encountered)

THE PLUMED HEADDRESS OF COSA RARA:
-- The Laser Light Room (encountered)
-- The King's Storeroom (encountered)
-- The Lightning Ball Room? (hear me out on this one. In this run, the team finds the half-pendant on the Laser Light Room actuator. At first when I watched this run, I assumed the final temple guard would be in the Crypt. But when the boy completes the Observatory objective, you can see the door leading to the trouble bridge opening, meaning the team could've avoided the Laser Light Room temple guard altogether. That means the last guard would have to be in the Lightning Ball Room because it would be unavoidable if they took the bottom route.)

THE JEWELED NECKLACE OF MONTEZUMA:
-- The Crypt (encountered)

THE LOST LION TAIL OF LITTLE JOHN:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:20:14 PM by The Red Jaguars »