Author Topic: Where were the temple guards?  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Green Monkey Warrior

• I know tidbits of teen life!
  • Taken out
  • Kirk Level
  • Guess what I am? A GIRL, LIKE PPF!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Where were the temple guards?
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
Alrighty then, I'll knock out Layout II:

Italics= located guards

JOHN HENRY'S LOST HAMMER
~ Heart Room (encountered)
~ Throne Room (encountered)
~ The Cave of Sighs (located during the credits)

THE GOLDEN CRICKET CAGE OF KHAN
~ Throne Room (encountered)
~ ?

For the most part, they only progressed four rooms, which didn't leave us with that many choices.  :roll: However, I may have made a guesstimate that there was an alternate route in which the Observatory opened and went around the horn— namely saying, two out of three captures would've been forced and they could've avoided the Throne Room's guard; I'm just gonna narrow the possibilities down to the Room of the Golden Idols, Shrine of the Silver Monkey or the Tomb of the Ancient Kings.

ELIZABETH I'S GOLDEN SHIP:
~ The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
~ The Heart Room (encountered)
~ The Room of the Golden Idols (encountered)

JOHN SUTTER AND THE MAP TO THE LOST GOLD MINE
~ The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
~ The Throne Room (encountered)
~ The Room of the Golden Idols (encountered)

Total completion: 1/4 (25%)

I can honestly say this may have confused me to end, but I successfully narrowed down the possibilities for the Golden Cricket Cage of Khan— even though we'll never know if the alternate route I theorized about was accurate.
Favorite Team: Green Monkeys, with the Blue Barracudas hot on their heels
Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, followed closely by The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite Room: The Room of the Ancient Warriors (here's to you, TAW)

I've been a Legends fan since 1999, FYI!

"I will pose if I wanna, and I will vogue like Madonna!"— Victoria Justice :mrpurple: :mrorange:

Much love to the Green Monkeys, you hear? :mrgreen:
Proud to be a Green Monkey in particular!

A timeline of pop music:
'80s: Michael Jackson (R.I.P. :( ), Madonna, U2
'90s: Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, 'Nsync
'00s/'10s: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez

All I want is everything 'cause too much isn't enough!

No booty calls, John and Tia!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »
I think those are reasonable predictions for Cricket Cage. There is a wide variety of possibilities on where that last guard may be at. Judging from the other episodes in that layout, I say the final temple guard would have to be in a close room like the Room of the Golden Idols or Gargoyle Room.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »
I always thought the third temple guard from Cricket Cage was in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. Since the producers love to pull the "one room away" trick on contestants in Season 1.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
I always thought the third temple guard from Cricket Cage was in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings. Since the producers love to pull the "one room away" trick on contestants in Season 1.

We can't forget this possibility either since there are countless season one episodes where they had a one room away guard.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2011, 01:43:01 AM »
THE STAR OF SULTAN SALADIN
-- The Tomb of the Ancient Kings (encountered)
-- The Cave of Sighs (we see the temple guard as Leah exits the temple with the artifact.)

-- Heart Room/Priate's Cove?

The last temple guard has to be in one of these two rooms. I am going to go with the Heart Room though because the producers loved shoving them in there in season one. It would be nice if we could see the half-pendant somewhere...

THE KEYS TO THE ALHAMBRA
-- The Throne Room (encountered)
-- The Tomb of the Ancient Kings (encountered)

-- ?

Thanks to Lisa's stupidity, we will never get an idea on where that last temple guard could be at. I don't think it would be in the Shrine or Pirate's Cove, as that would have made the third guard unavoidable and the run would've ended in triple capture. My best guess would be the Gargoyle Room?

THE HELMET OF GENGHIS KHAN
-- The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
-- The Shrine of the Silver Monkey (encountered)

-- The Heart Room?

I have a pretty good feeling the last guard was in that room. If you look during the temple rundown, the stone slab from the Pirate's Cove is covering the Dungeon entrance, possibly meaning that no entry from the Dungeon. Also, the Tomb does not open from the Shine and we do not see a temple guard headdress in the Spider's Lair. The only other possible place would be the Throne Room or Heart Room. I will go with the Heart Room because it was a popular choice in season one.

THE TROJAN HORSESHOE
-- The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
-- The Shrine of the Silver Monkey (encountered)
-- The Spider's Lair

We know that the last temple guard is in the Spider's Lair for sure because you can see its headdress during the temple rundown. Also, when Shawn is exiting with the Horseshoe, you can see him trying to avoid stepping on the temple guard.

THE PENDANT OF KAMEHAMEHA
-- The Throne Room (encountered)
-- The Heart Room (encountered)
-- The Dungeon (encountered)

Total Completion: 5/11

• Taken out
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
May as well knock out the Layout IV possibilities:

THE LOST LOGBOOKS OF MAGELLAN
~ Room of Harmonic Convergence (encountered)
~ Pirate's Cove (encountered)

THE MOCCASINS OF GERONIMO
~ Observatory (encountered)
~ Room of the Three Gargoyles? (During the pre-Temple walkthrough, you can see the door on the back wall is slightly cracked, as if the Temple Guard would jump out in this room if Mitchell chose the upper entrance as his starting point rather than the cave of Sighs)
~ Shrine of the Silver Monkey? (The third guard was likely here, the Room of Harmonic Convergence or the Heart Room— conversely, I've eliminated the two mentioned because the Heart Room's vertical passage was locked from the Observatory down and Mitchell didn't bother to try the Room of Harmonic Convergence door, which would've worked from here or either the Wall Climb.)

HENRY VIII'S GREAT SEAL
~ Cave of Sighs (encountered)
~ Tomb of the Ancient Kings (encountered)

THE LUCKY PIG OF AMELIA EARHART
~ Room of the Three Gargoyles (encountered)
~ Treacherous Swamp (encountered)
~ Heart Room (seems to be the most logical possibility given that this and the Cave of Sighs weren't entered by Kristin for two reasons— first and foremost, there wasn't a good enough camera angle during the pre-Temple walkthrough footage to show any evidence of a Temple Guard in the Cave of Sighs; secondly, plus I definitely doubt 99% the producers would be brutal enough to two out of three guards in both entrance rooms)

Total Completion: 3/12=1/4 (25%)

In a nutshell, the other placements in this layout were easy and difficult alike, so they may be accurate for the most part.
Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, followed closely by The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

"I will pose if I wanna, and I will vogue like Madonna!"— Victoria Justice :mrpurple: :mrorange:

A timeline of pop music:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »
The last temple guard definitely has to be in the Heart Room for Amelia Earhart. The only other places would be the Cave of Sighs, but that would be a ridiculous layout which meant the last temple guard would've taken the team out one room away from the artifact regardless of what entrance room they took. And besides, the producers never put both temple guards in both entrance rooms during the temple run.

And I agree pretty much with the Moccasins of Geronimo too. One of the guards were probably in the Shrine and he possibly avoided it by taking the Treasure Chest down below. On an interesting note, the rock slab was already up in the Pirate's Cove, which probably meant the team would've been forced to enter there from the Dungeon.

• Taken out
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
Let's keep going with a sum-up of Layout V (This may be a little more complex— given that all four episodes have one unencountered guard):

PONCE DE LEON AND THE LOST FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH
~ Encountered guards: Observatory and the Room of Harmonic Convergence
~ Unencountered guards: Obviously gotta be the Cave of Sighs because James had entered eleven out of twelve rooms, so the final guard had to be here.

THE TREASURE MAP OF JEAN LAFITTE
~ Encountered guards: Room of Harmonic Convergence and the Heart Room
~ Unencountered guards: Based upon the path they took and the lack of the half-Pendant that Terri-Kay would've had to pick up somewhere in the Temple, it's most likely that all three captures were forced or that one guard had to be avoidable. Altogether, the third guard was likely in the Pirate's Cove or the Dungeon (both of which would open in the Shrine if the monkey was assembled) rather than the Tomb of the Ancient Kings— provided that the Tomb could open from the Shrine and they could've reached the Treasure Map without the half-Pendant.

THE ORACLE BOWL OF DELPHI
~ Encountered guards: Room of the Three Gargoyles and the Swamp
~ Unencountered guards: It was definite that the three captures were all forced, similar to other episodes where the team goes around the horn. So, I'm saying it's either in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey or the Treasure Room (personally, I'm leaning towards the latter due to the one-room-away technique that was applied in several Temple Runs in Season 1) instead of the Heart Room; about that one just mentioned, it's much less possible the passage up from the Room of Harmonic Convergence opened and the Heart Room would be a double whammy— a twofold setback with a Temple Guard and a dead-end.

THE PAINTBRUSH OF LEONARDO DA VINCI
~ Encountered guards: Swamp and the Observatory
~ Unencountered guards: Like the episode above, it's 99% possible that the three captures were forced and the third guard (similar to the previous episode) was most likely in the Treasure Room or the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. About what would happen in the Shrine, I think both the Pirate's Cove and Dungeon would open, making it unnecessary to put a guard there if they've encountered two out of three.

Total completion: 4/4 (100%)

Overall, this layout was somewhat more difficult because we could locate one of four guards, but we had to narrow down the possibilties in the other three episodes.

A timeline of pop music:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »
I am pretty sure the temple guards in "The Oracle Bowl of Delphi" weren't forced. Had Shane started in the Cave of Sighs, he would've avoided the Gargoyle Room guard. Although he would've probably met a last guard in the Shrine or Treasure Room. Not that it mattered though since they had two pendants anyways.

Same thing for "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci" as all three guards definitely weren't unavoidable. The Swamp guard was probably avoidable. My last guess for the guard in this episode would be the Shrine or Dungeon.

• Taken out
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2011, 06:12:31 PM »
Let's continue this thread with Layout VI:

THE GOLDEN CHAINS OF ZENOBIA
~ Encountered guards: Cave of Sighs, Treasure Room
~ Unencountered guards: The other two rooms they didn't enter were the Well and the Room of the Three Torches, so it's once again obvious all three encounters were unavoidable— as far as the third guard goes, I'm gonna say it's most likely the Well.

THE BELLY BUTTON OF BUDDHA:
~ Encountered guards: Treasure Room
~ Unencountered guards: Something about this makes me think that they'd put a guard in the Heart Room to create a twofold setback— there'd be a Temple Guard capture and a dead end— but I'm not sure if the Heart Room opens in the Room of Harmonic Convergence; I'm definitely saying one of the other two temple guards was possibly in the Room of the Three Gargoyles— as if to set up a direct path to artifact trap.

THE STOLEN ARM OF SHIVA:
~ Encountered guards: Cave of Sighs, Observatory
~ Unencountered guards: Because Evan grabbed the half-pendant in the Shrine just before time expired, that confirmed the last guard was obviously beyond this point— most likely the Well or the Tomb of the Ancient Kings (it's possible that either door would open in the Shrine).

THE STONE MARKER OF LIEFR EIRIKSSON
~ Encountered guards: Bamboo Forest, Observatory
~ Unencountered guards: Same placement applies for the Paintbrush of Leonardo da Vinci based upon the path Keeley and Chris took.

THE HELMET OF JOAN OF ARC:
~ Encountered guards: Room of the Three Gargoyles, Room of Harmonic Convergence
~ Unencountered guards: The only other two rooms that Eddie and Amanda didn't enter were the Treasure Room and Observatory, so either one is possible— the former of the two sounds more plausible because like the Oracle Bowl of Delphi, it's probable that all three encounters were forced in this layout.

Total completion: 5/6 (95%)

What's unique about this layout was that every episode had at least one guard that was unencountered.

A timeline of pop music:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
Here's some notes about those:

THE GOLDEN CHAINS OF ZENOBIA:
- The Cave of Sighs guard was actually avoidable had Jennifer went into the Gargoyle room.
- We are unsure if the Tomb opens to the Shrine as Justin never used the key in time.
- The last temple guard definitely had to be in the Well, as it would be pointless to be placed in the Torch Room.

THE BELLY BUTTON OF BUDDHA
- The Room of Three Gargoyles had to be one for sure,as it would've been a direct path guard and the producers loved them in season one.

I agree with the last guard being in the Heart Room. Its unclear whether the Heart Room actually opens at all, but similar to the Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa, the Heart Room would've been a deadend.

THE STOLEN ARM OF SHIVA
I agree, it probably had to be in the Well or Tomb since the secondrunner found the half-pendant in the Shrine. I say the Tomb more because they lovedthe one room away guards in season one.

THE STONE MARKER OF LEIF ERIKSON
This one is tricky as the team never makes it far. It could be in any number of rooms in the temple. It would help though if someone could spot the half-pendant during the temple rundown.

THE HELMET OF JOAN OF ARC
The last one for sure had to be in the Treasure Room. Putting it in the Observatory would've just made it a useless detour and the Treasure Room made sense since season one loved the one room away guards.

Also, all three temple guards were not force encounters either. Eddie could've avoided the Gargoyle guard by starting in the Cave.

• Taken out
  • Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »
Time to keep making progress with Layout VII:

THE MEDAL OF SIR EDMUND HILLARY
~ Encountered guards: Room of the Three Gargoyles, Heart Room, Shrine of the Silver Monkey

THE MASK OF SHAKA ZULU
~ Encountered guards: Cave of Sighs
~ Unencountered guards: As shown in the pre-Temple rundown, the treasure chest was open— indicating that Bobby should've entered the Treasure Room from the Holes of Python (thus making it a plausible guard location). On the contrary, I agree with a handful of the other members that there was an alternate route that he could've taken along the Troubled Bridge and the rest of the top floor— so it's a most likely chance that the other guard's location was probably in the Observatory or the Room of the Three Torches.

THE GOLDEN JAGUAR OF ATAHUALPA
~ Encountered guards: Heart Room, Shrine of the Silver Monkey
~ Unencountered guards: Like the previous episode, there was most likely an alternate route Chris could've taken that led him along the Troubled Bridge and down the entire central shaft. As far as I'm concerned for the third guard, I'm saying it's either the Room of the Three Gargoyles or the Observatory— adversely, I think that the producers wouldn't be that cruel by putting a guard in the Room of the Three Torches directly after Tracy rode the well upwards.

THE SILVER SADDLE HORN OF HANNIBAL
~ Encountered guards: Treasure Room, Holes of Python
~ Unencountered guards: Because the team had 1 ½ pendants, they needed to get the half pendant which was possibly on the bottom floor. In a nutshell, there are two possibilities that sound comprehensible enough— they would've had all three captures forced because of the path they took or they could remove all three guards with the half pendant which someone has to find and explain where it is. For the most part, the third guard was probably in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings or the Well.

ALEXANDER AND THE GORDIAN KNOT
~ Encountered guards: Throne Room, Tomb of the Ancient Kings
~ Unencountered guards: This run's placement fits both of the same criteria as the Helmet of Joan of Arc and the Oracle Bowl of Delphi.

Total completion: 5/10= ½ (50%)

Wow. This layout had only half of its temple guard placements that weren't shown.

A timeline of pop music:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2012, 12:47:32 AM »
Those sound pretty accurate.

"The Mask of Shaka Zulu" is a really weird episode due to the route Bobby took in the temple. It wouldn't be too far of a reach to predict that the layouts were similar to "The Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci" and "The Stone Marker of Leif Erikson" where the Holes of Python should've been a deadend. My guess for the two guards would be the Treasure Room and Shrine/Torch Room. The Observatory wouldn't make sense because that would mean there would be no way to encounter all three guards.

I agree with "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa" being in the Gargoyle Room due to the path they took.

"The Silver Saddle Horn" guard had to be in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings or maybe even in the Well. This run would've probably ended in triple capture.

For "Alexander and the Gordian Knot", the last guard definitely had to be in the Treasure Room. In the Shrine, you can see the secondrunner picking up the half-pendant. Interesting enough, that means all the guards were unavoidable in this run.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
Its been a while since we have touched on this topic, so let's try and go back and see if we can complete more episodes. Here  is some observations I have made recently:

THE SILVER SADDLE HORN OF HANNIBAL
-- The Treasure Room (encountered)
-- The Holes of Python (encountered)
-- The Room of the Three Gargoyles

I believe the last temple guard in this run was in the Gargoyle Room. When Vicky spins in the sundial in the Observatory, the bar leading to the Troubled Bridge opens, indicating they could've entered the top floor from the Gargoyles. Judging from the path Vicky originally took, taking  the bottom floor would've most likely resulted in a solo run. Also, having the temple guard in the Gargoyles would mean that she would've been taken out in the Treasure Room, which makes sense for the direct path.

THE MASK OF THE MAN IN THE IRON MASK
-- Medusa's Lair (encountered)
-- The Swamp (encountered)
-- The Crypt

I don't think the last guard was in the King's Storeroom. Judging from the prior two temple guard placements, a guard in the King's Storeroom would've meant that the team would've had a one room away guard had they not went into Medusa's Lair. This makes no sense and that would've meant they had to enter Medusa's Lair to avoid this guard. And plus, the Crypt makes sense since the artifact was in the Observatory, so it would be a direct guard trap.

THE GOLDEN GOBLET OF ATTILA THE HUN
-- Medusa's Lair (encountered)
-- The Ledges
-- The Room of the Secret Password

I believe these two rooms in bold were the rooms where the other temple guards resided. From the Pit of Despair, we can see that the half-pendant in on the Medusa's Lair actuator. That means one temple guard had to be before the half-pendant, which would be the unentered Ledges. Also, I think Rachelle would've been forced into the Secret Password from the Shrine. The Dark Forest would make no sense in this run because it was locked from the Jester's Court already, so there would be no point in forcing her down there.

THE MELTED HEAD OF MADAME TUSSAUD
-- The Chamber of the Sacred Markers (encountered)
-- The Room of the Ancient Warriors (encountered)
-- The Ledges

Judging from the half-pendant location, I think the Ledges makes more sense. Had the team went up into the King's Storeroom, this could've been a solo victory.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
I don't know about Golden Goblet. For sure one of the guards was in the Ledges, but the other guard HAD to have been in the Dark Forest. If you listen carefully, you will hear the door chime that always indicates that the Dark Forest opened (this from the Jesters' Court). The Court was too dark, so Rachelle missed a chance to enter this room. I think the temple spirit was residing in the tree closest to the breakable wall, reminiscent to The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy. However, it IS possible that this was one of those rare runs where the wall could not be broken down from the Forest, thus resulting in the temple spirit being in the camera-right tree. We'll never know for sure though.

I will agree with the Melted Head assumption though. This would've been exactly identical to Lost Hornpipe, and I think that is what the producers were going for here, except the big difference was that the Storeroom opened up from the Pit. However, because of this, one might argue that entering the Headless Kings and going up the central column defeats this argument. A guard was in the Chamber and this guard could've been avoided like in many other season 3 runs. So with that being said, the third guard could've been in the Room of the Secret Password. However, I'm sticking with the guard being in the Ledges.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court