Author Topic: Where were the temple guards?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: Where were the temple guards?
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2011, 09:53:29 PM »
Not just that, but I don't really remember there being too many center room traps in Season 3 compared to earlier seasons.  Offhand, I can remember "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa," "The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma" and "The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask"... but nothing from Season 3.  Maybe they decided it wasn't working well enough at some point. :lol:

@RJF: I wouldn't be so quick to write off a third Temple Guard placed in the last room before the artifact as pointless.  The way I see it, it's more like a final line of defense or a last-ditch effort to stop the team from reaching the artifact.

Think back to "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible" or "The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb"— the three guards in both were unavoidable, but while the second was a big deciding factor for sure, the last guard in both ultimately prevented the players from reaching the Turban or the Seal.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2011, 09:57:20 PM »
Not just that, but I don't really remember there being too many center room traps in Season 3 compared to earlier seasons.  Offhand, I can remember "The Golden Jaguar of Atahualpa," "The Jeweled Necklace of Montezuma" and "The Mask of the Man in the Iron Mask"... but nothing from Season 3.  Maybe they decided it wasn't working well enough at some point. :lol:
Well, in runs such as "The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen" and "The Ivory Hunting Horn of Roland," both the Chamber AND the Tomb doors opened. Obviously, both frontrunners went with the latter room. Who knows, maybe those runs could have served as dead ends too. We may not have seen it happen, but that doesn't mean the guards couldn't have been in there.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2011, 10:09:21 PM »
Well, I suppose that's true.  Maybe the players just got smarter, but the producers didn't necessarily abandon those same tactics. :lol:
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Headless King

• E. Deity
  • I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »
I really don't think there were ANY dead-ends in Season 3 other than The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack.  I think that run was the main impetus for them thinking "Okay, that was cheap.  Let's stop doing that."  :lol:

They still kept the long and unnecessary paths open, they just stopped putting in dead-ends and stopped opening doors that led backwards along the path.
Legends fan since 2004

Favorite Team: Silver Snakes followed shortly by Green Monkeys
Favorite Episode: The Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favorite Contestant: Matt (The Silver Horseshoe of Butch Cassidy)
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers

First Episode Seen: The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbein
Seen all 120 episodes of Legends

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2011, 10:31:26 PM »
With Bifocal Monocle, it was as if they producers gave them a win. But the team just blew it. While we're on the subject of temple guards, I wonder where THAT third guard was. Probably in the Dark Forest, though of course the team didn't make it that far.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2011, 11:18:44 PM »
With Bifocal Monocle, it was as if they producers gave them a win. But the team just blew it. While we're on the subject of temple guards, I wonder where THAT third guard was. Probably in the Dark Forest, though of course the team didn't make it that far.

I am assuming that it would be there or in the Quicksand Bog. We know that Thomas found the half-pendant in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings, and the Jester's Court never had a temple guard in it. I believe it had to be either one of the remaining bottom floor rooms. Although miss I can't climb and mister I can't pay attention didn't make it far, so we will never know.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2011, 11:21:06 PM »

@RJF: I wouldn't be so quick to write off a third Temple Guard placed in the last room before the artifact as pointless.  The way I see it, it's more like a final line of defense or a last-ditch effort to stop the team from reaching the artifact.

Think back to "The Discarded Seal of Ivan the Terrible" or "The Lost Taj Mahal Turban of Aurangzeb"— the three guards in both were unavoidable, but while the second was a big deciding factor for sure, the last guard in both ultimately prevented the players from reaching the Turban or the Seal.

I am pretty sure the Discarded Seal temple guard was unavoidable in the Room of the Ancient Warriors. But Elisa chose the one that contained a temple guard in it.

Other than that, I am not sure if there were many runs where the third guard was unavoidable. I guess the Comet-Embroidered Battle Flag and the Gordian Knot are the only ones that come to mind.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »
Going back and watching a couple of these runs, here is a recap of two episodes I rewatched in particular:

THE IMPERIAL PURPLE ROBE OF EMPRESS THEODORA
-- The Dark Forest (encountered)
-- The Shrine of the Silver Monkey (encountered)
-- The Crypt?

When the second runner completes the monkey, you can tell the door leading to the King's Storeroom is not open. It wouldn't make sense if the King's Storeroom was a deadend either, considering the room is not part of the direct path for this run. (unlike Nathan Hale and Ali Baba). Its unclear whether Medusa's Lair opened from the Throne Room, but I have a hunch the last guard was in the Crypt.

THE BENT SHAVING PAN OF JEDIDIAH SMITH
-- The Tomb of the Headless Kings (encountered)
-- The Room of the Ancient Warriors
-- The Ledges?

This one is kind of tricky as I have no idea where the half-pendant is. The Chamber door is closed from the Pit, so it couldn't be there. The only other choices are the corner rooms or the other entrance room. I would have to say the Ledges for this one because had the team chose that room, they wouldn't have encountered the whole one room away trap guard.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »
re: Theodora: Can't be the Crypt, they entered the temple through there. You don't mean the Ledges?

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »
Another Fogg-Up.

@TAW: What were you referring to?
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:13 PM »
In "The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed", it's possible that the last guard could've been in the Dark Forest since it opened from the Shrine. However, I think the guard was in Medusa's Lair since it opened from the Observatory. Still can't rule out the Dark Forest though. Thoughts?

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2011, 09:52:53 PM »
In "The Mush Pot Hat of Johnny Appleseed", it's possible that the last guard could've been in the Dark Forest since it opened from the Shrine. However, I think the guard was in Medusa's Lair since it opened from the Observatory. Still can't rule out the Dark Forest though. Thoughts?

Well, it is possible that the last temple guard was in one of the trees. But the team never enters any of the bottom rooms of the temple other than the Mine Shaft. I am guessing that the temple guard would be in the Throne Room since season two loved placing them there.

Looking back at "The Silver Saddle Horn of Hannibal", I am guessing the last guard is either in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings or the Well. If that was the case, the run probably would've ended in triple capture. Although I guess the Room of Three Gargoyles is possible too.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »
I think it would be good to go back and go through each layout or production day and assemble a complete list. Here is what I got for S1L1:

Bold = Encountered guard

BLACKBEARD'S TREASURE MAP
-- Cave of Size (encountered)
-- ?
-- ?

Yeah, she failed big time in this run and as a result, we will never have any idea where those last two guards are. As a little note, the rock slab is up in the Pirate's Cove, which might indicate that the team would be forced into the Shrine. Who know though? She was too dumb.

THE GOLDEN CUP OF BELSHAZZAR
-- The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
-- The Treasure Room (encountered)

-- ?

For the last temple guard, we have no idea where it could be hiding. I did not see the half-pendant during the run at all. However, I feel that the guard would be hiding in the Tomb of the Ancient Kings or Dungeon. And once again, the rock slab is up in the Pirate Cove, making it an option for the contestants to enter.

GALILEO'S CANNONBALL
-- The Throne Room (encountered)
-- The Shrine of the Silver Monkey (encountered)

-- The Room of the Three Gargoyles?

It seemed like none of the bottom floor rooms opened during this run because the Swamp door does not open from the Throne Room and the Tomb of the Ancient Kings does not open from the Shrine. The only other possible room would be the Observatory, but I would see that as a useless detour room.

WILD BILL HICKOK AND THE DEAND MAN'S HAND
-- The Cave of Sighs (encountered)
-- The Heart Room (encountered)
-- The Swamp (encountered)

Total completion: 1/4 (25%)

Not bad for the first four episodes. We narrowed down the temple guards for Galileo's Cannonball and for Dead Man's Hand we already know where the temple guards are. The first two episodes are tricky due to lack of progress made in the temple.

Offline Green Monkey Warrior

• I know tidbits of teen life!
  • Taken out
  • Kirk Level
  • Guess what I am? A GIRL, LIKE PPF!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:53 AM »
Whoa, whoa; for Blackbeard's Treasure Map and the Golden Cup of Belshazzar, wasn't the murky concoction adorning the floor all piled up onto the stage-right side of the Swamp?

Basically, I'm saying you can't narrow out that possibility like THK didn't (given that he compiled the most logical list of the unencountered guards).
Favorite Team: Green Monkeys, with the Blue Barracudas hot on their heels
Favorite Episode: The Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, followed closely by The Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite Room: The Room of the Ancient Warriors (here's to you, TAW)

I've been a Legends fan since 1999, FYI!

"I will pose if I wanna, and I will vogue like Madonna!"— Victoria Justice :mrpurple: :mrorange:

Much love to the Green Monkeys, you hear? :mrgreen:
Proud to be a Green Monkey in particular!

A timeline of pop music:
'80s: Michael Jackson (R.I.P. :( ), Madonna, U2
'90s: Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, 'Nsync
'00s/'10s: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez

All I want is everything 'cause too much isn't enough!

No booty calls, John and Tia!

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »
Its true that the Swamp could be a place for a temple guard in both runs, but you are better off comparing these two runs to the other S1L5 runs.

In the Oracle Bowl of Delphi and the Paintbrush of Leonardo Da Vinci, you can clearly tell that there are temple guards in the Swamp as their headdresses are visible during the temple rundown.

At the same time, if you watch the temple rundowns for "Ponce De Leon and the Lost Fountain of Youth" and "The Treasure Map of Jean Lafitte", they have that same "murky concotion" as both Blackbeard's Treasure Map and the Golden Cup of Belshazzar. Yet, there was not a single temple guards in either of these runs in the Swamp.

I kind of agree that the last temple guard in Belshazzar could be in the Swamp. But at the same time, the producers would be banking on the Red Jaguars heavily during that run.

And who knows for Blackbeard's Treasure Map? had she not been so stupid, we might've been able to find out.

And for the record, I never said that the Swamp wasn't a possibility either. I merely left the the unencountered fields blank because neither team made any significant progress in the temple so there is a wide variety of rooms the temple guards could be in.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:11:26 PM by The Red Jaguars »