0 (0%)
The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea
0 (0%)
The Good-Luck Watch of Empress Eugenie
0 (0%)
The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Favorite bottom of the central shaft temple run?  (Read 305 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Favorite bottom of the central shaft temple run?
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
We know the bottom of the central shaft was famous for not having any wins. I wanted to get everyone's feedback on what they think is their favorite bottom of the central shaft temple run. I also wanted to use this topic as a test for something.

Anyways, my favorite bottom of the central shaft temple run is "The Priceless Portrait of the Polynesian Girl". It was a very exciting loss and both players were fun to watch in the temple. The temple run kind of started out slow, but watching Kristen really pick up the speed on the bottom floor and grab the Portrait at the last 14 seconds made you wonder if she could pull a win off. She wasn't able to in the end, but it was very exciting and memorable loss. They would've definitely won if she moved faster on the top or if Jim started in the Ledges and went straight into the Observatory (solo win).

Although I have to say "The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea" is very exciting too. But Lissy kind of ruins it because she was way too slow at the beginning. Nate was great though and he would've pulled off a close win if Lissy wasn't such a slowpoke. :roll:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite bottom of the central shaft temple run?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:11:21 AM »
I voted for Priceless Portrait. But a solo victory was not at all possible even if Jim had started in the Ledges. Think about it, he'd be taking a direct path, and then he'd get forced up to the Crypt, where he met his first temple guard. He could have avoided the Mandarin Hand guard if he didn't detour in there, but there wouldn't have been a solo victory at all. Unless I'm missing something here....

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 01:14:02 AM »
You forgot Electrified Key. Added that in for you.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 01:23:57 AM »
Thanks for adding that one TSM, I totally forgot that run for some reason. Although it looks like the poll got reset somehow? Oh well, I still placed my vote.

I voted for Priceless Portrait. But a solo victory was not at all possible even if Jim had started in the Ledges. Think about it, he'd be taking a direct path, and then he'd get forced up to the Crypt, where he met his first temple guard. He could have avoided the Mandarin Hand guard if he didn't detour in there, but there wouldn't have been a solo victory at all. Unless I'm missing something here....

I didn't think about the Ledges being a deadend at all. I know that happened in another run where it was a deadend and the team was forced up into a Crypt with a Temple Guard in it. I guess it was "The Secret Battle Plan of Nathan Hale"? Now that you mention it, I am not even sure if Jim could get a solo run. Unless the Ledges was not a deadend and he could've avoided the Crypt guard. Although the run is very similar to "The Electrified Key of Benjamin Franklin". Both guards were in the Crypt, both second guards were in the center of the temple, and both center of the temple guards were avoidable. But in "Benjamin Franklin", we know that Peter and Michelle could've had a solo victory.

In that case, I think the best case scenario would've been to send Kristen in first and Jim in second. That way Kristen would've been taken out early.

Notice how all the female players were reponsible for their bottom of the central shaft teams losing?
Gabby was slow and missed the half-pendant. (Not her fault for missing it really, but she was slow.)
Kristen was way too dumb and slow and Scott didn't even have a chance.
Michelle was kind of slow and missed the Mine Shaft shortcut.
Kristen was slow and hesitated a couple of times for no reason.
Dana was just a loud waste of space. (Although Jason was a lost cause too.)
Brandy wasted time completing unnecessary objectives and hesitated too much.
Lissy was just slow and wasted time.
Janeen was way too hesitant and wasted too much time too.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
I actually blame Peter more than Michelle for Electrified Key being a loss. He would've had a solo win if he didn't unnecessarily enter Medusa's Lair.

And I reset the poll just in case either you or PPF wanted to vote for Electrified Key.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:29:25 AM by The Silver Monkey »

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »
Yeah, Peter was more at fault for that run being a loss than Michelle. He really shouldn't have entered Medusa's Lair when he clearly saw the King's Storeroom door open. He tried a little too hard to make a break for the direct path, as evident by him going into the Throne Room from the Pit. But Michelle moved kind of slow herself and she could've grabbed the Electrified Key had she not went into the Mine Shaft. Plus, she almost pulled a "Harriet Tubman" at the beginning. Biggest waste of potential Blue Barracuda run definitely.  :?